OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Empty Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:25 am

EvilErnie

EvilErnie
Hi all! I just signed up a hot second ago because I've been scouring everywhere for a forum like this. All of my doll people are into more like BJDs and Monster High, so I've been trying to find someone's brain to pick who's knowledgeable about these silicone skin dolls.

I tend to want to make dolls of my own characters, most of which are either monstrous or Different in some way (as an artist I try to use a wide range of body types and, as the title suggests, body modification.)

But these are also very expensive dolls that I want to try not to ruin while I experiment.

Is there anywhere where people put up their wrecked dolls up for cheaper? 😅 Maybe just the skeletons?

How extensive have people modified bodies?
So say I wanted to make a zombie with exposed ribs, has anyone carved bits out of theirs? Built any silicone back up with another kind of silicone? (I know how persnickety silicone can be.) Attached things poking out from the skin?

I do know how to cast & mold my own things but I'd like to reduce as many steps as possible lol

What about piercings? I have seen a couple tutorials on tattoos--I'm still making my way through various threads.

Excited to see what everyone's made!

2Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Empty Re: Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:20 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hope the forum will be useful and that we will see your creations. There has been some modification of seamless bodies over the years by others (my own modifications have been limited to coloring), but it is spread over a number of topics and might be difficult to track down. I hope they see this post and reach out to you, but I would start by browsing posts and topics by members Ephiane, AlkelAstra, and gooboo, both in the General Talk section and in the Tutorials section.

3Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Empty Re: Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:22 pm

gooboo

There are a number of methods for painting/coloring TBLeague bodies, but there aren't a whole lot of great options for physical modification/sculpting of the body shape.

If you want to modify the shape of the bodies you should know that Phicens aren't actually made of silicone, but TPE. This means, in my experience, that most silicone products wont actually stick to the figure. As far as I can tell there aren't really a lot of products available for modifying or sculpting TPE, so there isn't a whole lot you can do to alter the physical shape TBLeague figures.

4Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Empty Re: Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:44 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard. Though he’s never done anything with the TBLeague bodies that I recall, you should check out the extensive threads created by shovelchop81 — he does some pretty amazing builds that have done skeleton rib cages, etc.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications C8485110

5Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Empty Re: Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:35 pm

gooboo

Also, I'm planning on getting into sculpting my own seamless bodies with TBLeague armatures myself, you might find the thread I made of some use.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4830-custom-phicen-figure-creation

6Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Empty Re: Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:16 am

EvilErnie

EvilErnie
Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!

GubernatorFan wrote:I hope the forum will be useful and that we will see your creations. There has been some modification of seamless bodies over the years by others (my own modifications have been limited to coloring), but it is spread over a number of topics and might be difficult to track down. I hope they see this post and reach out to you, but I would start by browsing posts and topics by members Ephiane, AlkelAstra, and gooboo, both in the General Talk section and in the Tutorials section.
I did notice a few but I seem to have some trouble navigating the forum. Is there a way to view somebody's post/topic history via a profile or include users in searches? Nothing has been popping up for me

gooboo wrote:There are a number of methods for painting/coloring TBLeague bodies, but there aren't a whole lot of great options for physical modification/sculpting of the body shape.

If you want to modify the shape of the bodies you should know that Phicens aren't actually made of silicone, but TPE. This means, in my experience, that most silicone products wont actually stick to the figure. As far as I can tell there aren't really a lot of products available for modifying or sculpting TPE, so there isn't a whole lot you can do to alter the physical shape TBLeague figures.
Also, I'm planning on getting into sculpting my own seamless bodies with TBLeague armatures myself, you might find the thread I made of some use.
Oh now that's interesting. I've researched TPE briefly previously for cosplay purposes but it seemed pretty industrial for the most part.
So I wonder...has anyone tried to melt down and reuse/reshape the skin? I'm sure it'd be a little weird if there were pastels added to it but couldn't hurt to try if you have a wrecked body to test on....anyone got any spare bodies? Please send me your skin...for science purposes...? 👀🔪

I've been into sfx makeup and propbuilding for years but could never really afford the hobby, so I have a bit of an Approximate Knowledge of Many Things that might be helpful in this department. I know I want to try hair punching and am going to try some Funky Stuff while sculpting my own head.

Besides heat and humidity, are there any other things known to have adverse affects on these bodies? I've seen some comments on a YouTube vid suggesting someone's destroyed doll could have been caused by a chemical reaction from the plastic bag it was kept in (which I'd believe, I've seen it happen before. There's a very certain kind of plastic cup I can't pour plastidip into because it just melted through the bottom lol)

Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome aboard. Though he’s never done anything with the TBLeague bodies that I recall, you should check out the extensive threads created by shovelchop81 — he does some pretty amazing builds that have done skeleton rib cages, etc.
Thank you, I'll check em out!

7Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Empty Re: Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:04 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
EvilErnie wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!

GubernatorFan wrote:I hope the forum will be useful and that we will see your creations. There has been some modification of seamless bodies over the years by others (my own modifications have been limited to coloring), but it is spread over a number of topics and might be difficult to track down. I hope they see this post and reach out to you, but I would start by browsing posts and topics by members Ephiane, AlkelAstra, and gooboo, both in the General Talk section and in the Tutorials section.
I did notice a few but I seem to have some trouble navigating the forum. Is there a way to view somebody's post/topic history via a profile or include users in searches? Nothing has been popping up for me
If you click on a username you get to their profile. Then click on "Statistics" and from there you can go to all their posts or topics.

8Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Empty Re: Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:12 am

EvilErnie

EvilErnie
TravelGuide wrote:
EvilErnie wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!

If you click on a username you get to their profile. Then click on "Statistics" and from there you can go to all their posts or topics.

I must seem like a noob now lmao
It doesn't seem to be an option on the mobile version apparently! It works on the web version, thank you ^-^;
I had a friend check too but since he doesn't have an account that's probably why he couldn't click on names either

9Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Empty Re: Phicen/TBLeague Body Modifications Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:10 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hi and welcome! Smile

As others have mentioned, there are those on this forum who have done some adventurous customisation to these bodies. While I'm not sure if any of these will be useful for you, here are some links to various threads that feature either colouring (painting/dyeing) or some kind of modification to tbleague bodies:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t260-painting-seamless-bodies-nsfw

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2628-dyeing-phicen-figures-with-rit-dye-nsfw

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3410-converting-newer-phicen-seamless-feet-figures-into-regular-figures

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4830-custom-phicen-figure-creation

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t649-troll-cave-chapter-one-and-two-the-escape-of-skerf-blood-violence-sexual-content-please-adults-only-updated-july-2019

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2883-tamer-of-beasts

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3428-corbin-lenkov-from-the-world-of-house-of-seasons

I'm sure there are many other examples I've overlooked, but hopefully this gives an idea of what is possible.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum