OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

skywalkersaga

They all look great together so far!

Lynkhart

Ahhhhh! As the player of a tiefling bard I absolutely love her! The horns and ears look great!
I’ve got my own one in the works, but I can’t really start on her until her head gets here 😂

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Beautiful new character. I like how she came out, and the coloring is impeccable. The horns are very impressive, and I hope the arm doesn't give you too much more trouble. Was going to suggest maybe it got twisted around on the inside, but the bend does not seem to bear this out. Your three characters look excellent together, too. Which is no surprise, considering each looks excellent on its own, too.
So is Tiefling an Anglicized spelling of Teufling? Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Diana

She looks great!! I love good old D&D characters. Lots of fond memories. Smile

Are you sure the arm is broken somewhere? You've ruled out the stuck shoulder phenomenon?

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks all Smile Neither the paint job nor the outfit is perfect, but it is okay for my needs.

Lynkhart wrote:Ahhhhh! As the player of a tiefling bard I absolutely love her!  The horns and ears look great!
I’ve got my own one in the works, but I can’t really start on her until her head gets here 😂

Glad you like her and can't wait to see your Tiefling! I bet with all you perfectionism and attention to detail it will be totally awesome!

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful new character. I like how she came out, and the coloring is impeccable. The horns are very impressive, and I hope the arm doesn't give you too much more trouble. Was going to suggest maybe it got twisted around on the inside, but the bend does not seem to bear this out. Your three characters look excellent together, too. Which is no surprise, considering each looks excellent on its own, too.
So is Tiefling an Anglicized spelling of Teufling? Smile

Anything with 'ling at the end sounds cute and cool. Even Schmetterling Razz
could totally see Teufling being a proper translation for my version haha Smile

Yeah I'm also checking if something twisted on the inside but so far no luck. Thank you for the comment Ian. Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
Diana wrote:She looks great!! I love good old D&D characters. Lots of fond memories. Smile

Are you sure the arm is broken somewhere? You've ruled out the stuck shoulder phenomenon?

Thanks for the helping comment, I will look into it, if sth can be turned around.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She’s fantastic. Love how she turned out; that head sculpt is perfect. And like Sky, I wouldn’t have noticed her arm was broken if you hadn’t said something. They look awesome together. (I’ve been spending so much time with my Western stuff, I really need to get back into making my fantasy figures.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:She’s fantastic. Love how she turned out; that head sculpt is perfect. And like Sky, I wouldn’t have noticed her arm was broken if you hadn’t said something. They look awesome together. (I’ve been spending so much time with my Western stuff, I really need to get back into making my fantasy figures.
Thanks Stryker especially glad you like her. And I love your Western project! Sometimes it is good to switch to another thing for a period of time to not get tired with one big project. Doing several things simultaneously is a good option.  Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
Cindana is Amazing ! Great work by coloring the body. Love her. The Lute is fantastic a has a excellent weathering. I have exactly the same problems with a TBL Body at this arm. Think there´s something broken inside. Neutral . She wears a nice armor and boots. The dungeon crawler group is nearby complete ! Your stone walls are much better than the ones i did. Looks more like a dark dungeon.

Ovy

Ovy
The wooden floor of the dio makes it feel like a stage in that scenario.

Her horns are shaped like a heart.

I like the pose where she is using the guitar to stand on one leg and not fall over, clever!

The red is a great contrast an works well with our mage.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That ranger is so cool and the tiefling is very nice. Overall a great group.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 1f60e

Valiarde

Valiarde
This time I shot a little story to introduce the next couple of chars. As always, my stories don't have a plan I just set them up on the fly and shoehorn some story into it. Kinda like there are different styles of writers: The Planner or the Gardener. The latter just has a rough idea when starting to write and evolve the story naturally. That's kinda me in this case.  Razz

The lonely Inn by the wayside, surrounded by a deep green forest of Cormanthor. Not many guests visiting this wild area.

It was a pretty usual evening at the Inn, only two guests in the main room (mybe some more in the guest rooms?). One is a red haired lady (maybe a witch?) and one is a daring rough fighter type of person, probably even from the guild of thieves. Who knows? The bartender doesn't and he won't ask. He rarely does - he is only interested in gold, silverware or anything you can turn into coins. 
By his side his his helpful maid Emmara.

Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 MIQwnKth

The bartender puts on his usual fake smile, you could never trust. But with a pretty lady at his counter, he tries to be especially charming.

"May it be something else, dear lady? I've got a very exquisite pork stew this evening, guaranteed fresh!"
Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 AT43BFqh

"My dear Emmara, the maid, collected some not so inedible mushrooms today for this special meal. Well at least none of them are poisonous...at small doses. har har." 
Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 D6OpUxBh

Meanwhile in the parlor sat an unknown traveler, waiting for his stew...

What kind of Inn is this?! You don't even have a table here...well I've been to far worse places, not that I care too much, but..."
Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 QhYtC1Vh

Emmara: "Oh, the table! I'm sorry but some Orc went berserk over basically nothing yesterday. And the table is...shredded. But don't worry, we will get another one soon. Your pork stew, sir."
Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 ByJmKCyh

Traveller: 'Oh, I'm hearing hoofbeats, who arrives this late at night at this remote place?'
Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 S7A86bGh

Bartender: 'Aaaah, probably attracted by the scent of my excellent stew yes yes. Let's hope the newcomer has enough coins with him. har har
Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 GlebKZch

Silence
Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 Blt33CMh

Paladin: Did you see a demon come by?
Traveller: A... WHAT?!
Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 KpOddNVh

Paladin: I've been tracking him for several nights already. You would know him when you see him. 
Bartender: Demon, you say? Not here, not here... But I can offer you a strenghtening for your hunt and a good bed to rest. It's not cheap, but it's the best by miles, har har
Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 Efu2xokh

Paladin: What about you, redhead, are you a witch and can detect evil? Are you ready to stand up for the GOOD for once?
Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 HqY9Sfbh

Emmara: You are a paladin of the Order of Ilmater, aren't you? I've heard a lot about your kind...
Redhead: I can't get enough from good deeds alone, so what can you offer me for my help, Lord Paladin? 
Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 Lz8MWGMh

Bartender (thinks): This lady will surely cast a spell on him and I have to make sure that I get hold of some of the expensive armor if thats the case har har
Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 GAuIw0Mh

Apparently a totally common evening at the inn like any other. But will the paladin get his support?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love it. All of it. Every single character looks so nicely done, and the diorama is impeccable; I like how you integrated the absence of a table into the story. And all the little details, too, like the skull and cat sleeping on the windowsil, or the tiny statues, or the basketfull of mushrooms. I guess the maid is the first one you made, and she's still excellent. The witch, too, and she looked suitably bored at the bartender's attempts at banter. I think she can get one of those indulgences (?) hanging from the paladin's armor as a reward. Smile And yes, the bartender looks more male now. I hope somewhere you have (or have in the works) a figure of that demon. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! What a great bunch of characters. The hair work on the bartender is impressive. The costumes are excellent. Nice work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 C8485110

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
That is a fantastic diorama and character lineup, they are all so detailed and have their own unique look. That bartender especially, with his pirate laugh! Hahaha, it's the old man from Squid Game. That headsculpt is superb, even moreso with the hair rooting work. The ranger is rugged and badass just as he should be. And that paladin looks very cool and glorious. The two lasses' outfits are wonderful as well. I can't wait to see them all interacting with the sorcerer and Tiefling characters, that's gonna be awesome!!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool, and a very interesting tale! The new characters look amazing, as does the set you've constructed. I hope we get to see more soon!

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful continuation/beginning of the series. Who knows who of the other characters might be in one of the guest rooms.

Good to see the Innkeep is developing character, and I think his teeth look great. A gold tooth would fit him well too now that we know his personality. And a heavy weight jolly white bearded capitalist wearing red and white and handing out drinks fits the Christmas spirit rather well.

The first shot of the unknown traveler looks like a painting a Dutch or Belgian painter might have made some centuries ago. [Unknown traveler at Inn, oil on canvas, date unknown]
I would like to know more about the little companion of the unknown traveler. And I don't mean the cats.

Great entrance of the Paladin, he has a real presence in that room. Makes you wonder how the common folk must have felt when encountering such a shiny figure back in the day. I love how the armor looks in your lighting and photography.

indulgences (?)
Those are purity seals I think, iconic to Imperial human factions of the Warhammer universes, as this figure's torso armor is based on a cosplay based on Warhammer Fantasy. There are litanies and protection prayers etc on them, religious warriors wear them on their armor to show their faith, devotion and receive blessings and protection.
The Space versions even put them on their guns and tanks.
Don't know what they are in Valiarde's world, but it fits the religious fanatic theme of the warrior.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:
indulgences (?)
Those are purity seals I think, iconic to Imperial human factions of the Warhammer universes, as this figure's torso armor is based on a cosplay based on Warhammer Fantasy. There are litanies and protection prayers etc on them, religious warriors wear them on their armor to show their faith, devotion and receive blessings and protection.
Don't know what they are in Valiarde's world, but it fits the religious fanatic theme of the warrior.
Thanks for explaining, Ovy, I had no idea, since I haven't played Warhammer -- and if I have viewed it, it was ages and ages ago. Well, if they are anything like that, the Paladin could give one to the witch. Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane

Thanks for that lovely Christmas present, Val. So the story begins. cheers I love the characters and the quaint inn. Can't say which character is my favorite yet. The innkeeper is a masterpiece. By the way, this is a little crime piece. I'm really wondering if anyone in the room is a demon and who it is. scratch

davidd

davidd
Spectacularly cinematic! I love the lighting style here, and the visual style of the setting.

This... this is exactly what I mentally pictured the world of Dungeons & Dragons looking like, decades ago when my junior high school friends first began telling me about "dungeon crawls" played out with graph paper and dice rolls, set in a medieval world of fantasy and magic. Your entire "visual design" - sets, costumes, accessories, lighting - conveys the "sense" I had of those early RPG games, more so than any of the myriad fantasy films that have been produced over the years.

Is the armored Paladin is seriously cool!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What an evocative scene with some seriously awesome figures! The hairwork on all of them is looking so good. My personal fave of the bunch is the mysterious traveler, I love his scarred and craggy looking face. Wondering about that little imp figure with him, too.

My only suggestions would be ....the witch lady needs a cape or something....she is making me feel cold just looking at her, lol. And speaking of cold.... your inn could have some candles, lanterns, and/or a fireplace. I'm sure you are working on that, but just thought I'd mention. The lighting is already gorgeous and some ambient firelight would make it even more perfect. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:I love it. All of it. Every single character looks so nicely done, and the diorama is impeccable; I like how you integrated the absence of a table into the story. And all the little details, too, like the skull and cat sleeping on the windowsil, or the tiny statues, or the basketfull of mushrooms. I guess the maid is the first one you made, and she's still excellent. The witch, too, and she looked suitably bored at the bartender's attempts at banter. I think she can get one of those indulgences (?) hanging from the paladin's armor as a reward. Smile And yes, the bartender looks more male now. I hope somewhere you have (or have in the works) a figure of that demon. Smile
Haha glad you liked the table story. Yeah the "diorama" is not yet finished, I threw in some stuff to have it not empty but it is pretty much a compromise. But I wanted to start with a story finally. And now expectations for a demon are set, lets see how I can get out f that Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! What a great bunch of characters. The hair work on the bartender is impressive. The costumes are excellent. Nice work.
Thanks Mark! I know stories can get a bit cheesy or confusing at times, it is not easy to me to get away from just "nice pictures" of chars. As long as some people have a bit of fun looking at it all is ok. 

AlKelAstra91 wrote:That is a fantastic diorama and character lineup, they are all so detailed and have their own unique look. That bartender especially, with his pirate laugh! Hahaha, it's the old man from Squid Game. That headsculpt is superb, even moreso with the hair rooting work. The ranger is rugged and badass just as he should be. And that paladin looks very cool and glorious. The two lasses' outfits are wonderful as well. I can't wait to see them all interacting with the sorcerer and Tiefling characters, that's gonna be awesome!!
Ha yeah, I got the head before I watched the show actually. Will not spoiler anything for those who haven't watched it. Thanks for your comment

BAMComix wrote:Very cool, and a very interesting tale! The new characters look amazing, as does the set you've constructed. I hope we get to see more soon!
Thank you BAM Smile

Ovy wrote:Beautiful continuation/beginning of the series. Who knows who of the other characters might be in one of the guest rooms.

Good to see the Innkeep is developing character, and I think his teeth look great. A gold tooth would fit him well too now that we know his personality. And a heavy weight jolly white bearded capitalist wearing red and white and handing out drinks fits the Christmas spirit rather well.

The first shot of the unknown traveler looks like a painting a Dutch or Belgian painter might have made some centuries ago. [Unknown traveler at Inn, oil on canvas, date unknown]
I would like to know more about the little companion of the unknown traveler. And I don't mean the cats.

Great entrance of the Paladin, he has a real presence in that room. Makes you wonder how the common folk must have felt when encountering such a shiny figure back in the day. I love how the armor looks in your lighting and photography.

indulgences (?)
Yeah I think the Inn is bigger than one might think. You already saw the facade - so some more guests or dungeons might appear  Smile Yeah agree on the gold teeth, that would fit the stereotype which I will lean on for some chars.
Smile Oil on canvas. 
Yeah I think the shiny Paladin and his height and presence in a rather dirty room like this one is a real contrast. Thanks for printing me that helmet I love it

Ephiane wrote:
Thanks for that lovely Christmas present, Val. So the story begins.   cheers I love the characters and the quaint inn. Can't say which character is my favorite yet. The innkeeper is a masterpiece. By the way, this is a little crime piece. I'm really wondering if anyone in the room is a demon and who it is. scratch
You're welcome! Yes, so the story begins...and all your little guesses and comments made me already think of a bigger story. Like your comment made me think of knives out...I could do a "swords out" murder mystery story as an option.  Smile (or the classic "And then there were none")

I have some focus points in mind I wanna hit with the story, but how we get there is still up to my brain doing its work (probably takes a while lol) 
The Innkeeper needs a bit more waethering, after rewatching the pics. 

davidd wrote:Spectacularly cinematic! I love the lighting style here, and the visual style of the setting.

This... this is exactly what I mentally pictured the world of Dungeons & Dragons looking like, decades ago when my junior high school friends first began telling me about "dungeon crawls" played out with graph paper and dice rolls, set in a medieval world of fantasy and magic. Your entire "visual design" - sets, costumes, accessories, lighting - conveys the "sense" I had of those early RPG games, more so than any of the myriad fantasy films that have been produced over the years.

Is the armored Paladin is seriously cool!
Thank you so much, your comment means a lot to me, especially the part where it hits your mental picture of a DnD setting!  drunken  That is all i want to display with my stage.

skywalkersaga wrote:What an evocative scene with some seriously awesome figures! The hairwork on all of them is looking so good. My personal fave of the bunch is the mysterious traveler, I love his scarred and craggy looking face. Wondering about that little imp figure with him, too.

My only suggestions would be ....the witch lady needs a cape or something....she is making me feel cold just looking at her, lol. And speaking of cold.... your inn could have some candles, lanterns, and/or a fireplace. I'm sure you are working on that, but just thought I'd mention. The lighting is already gorgeous and some ambient firelight would make it even more perfect. Very Happy

Thank you Sky! It is awesome to read that everyone here likes another char the most - which is so cool. I'm also growing on the traveller, he has that seventies-eighties movie actor feeling, where men were still rough, craggy and dirty on screen and not BRad Pit meets Cavill. 

And your suggestions are totally accepted - I need some more stuff for medieval feeling rooms. I don't have jugs or a fireplace or bottles, plates etc. 
I once made a fireplace but put it into the trash as it was really bad. Also need to make different floors/grounds etc.

Thanks everybody, and like I said, I have some story points in mind and some characters (like the personality of the Tiefling already fleshed out in my head, but not easy to bring it on stage)

Diana

Diana
Wow! This is beautiful! Love the big room, the various corners of it, the characters and the lighting is spectacular! Looking forward to more! Very Happy

ElBundy

ElBundy
Great story telling! I hope that you will continue this... geek  jocolor

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
What a fantastic set, beautiful walls, and thank you for reminding me of the many fantastic hours (weeks..months..who knows…) spent playing Baldurs gate way back a while….. they really are coming to life!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Tanzenwolfe wrote:What a fantastic set, beautiful walls, and thank you for reminding me of the many fantastic hours (weeks..months..who knows…) spent playing Baldurs gate way back a while….. they really are coming to life!

Aaah Baldurs Gate my first love - what a fascinating game. LOVED it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:
I'm also growing on the traveller, he has that seventies-eighties movie actor feeling, where men were still rough, craggy and dirty on screen and not BRad Pit meets Cavill. 

Exactly, that's perfectly stated! Very Happy

He reminds me a bit of Mrakomor, the villain from the '70s Czechoslovak fairytale film, The Prince and the Evening Star:

Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 Mrakom10

And about the fireplace --- I fully admit that I am currently FREEZING in my own house, so I am probably just projecting my wish for a warm fire onto your scene. Laughing

Also agree wtih davidd that your figures and diorama successfully capture that D&D aesthetic, just like one imagines it!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:
Valiarde wrote:
I'm also growing on the traveller, he has that seventies-eighties movie actor feeling, where men were still rough, craggy and dirty on screen and not BRad Pit meets Cavill. 

Exactly, that's perfectly stated! Very Happy

He reminds me a bit of Mrakomor, the villain from the '70s Czechoslovak fairytale film, The Prince and the Evening Star:

Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 Mrakom10

And about the fireplace --- I fully admit that I am currently FREEZING in my own house, so I am probably just projecting my wish for a warm fire onto your scene. Laughing

Also agree wtih davidd that your figures and diorama successfully capture that D&D aesthetic, just like one imagines it!

Oh, I didn't know that character - went to youtube and found the whole movie and some scenes with him. Very good example.  bom  

Yeah sometimes stereotypes are a good thing and I have no problems using these for some of my chars or stories. You don't need to invent the wheel anew for some things. I'm still searching for a balance between my fascination for dark/horror/mature stuff and using a lighter more humorous tone which I also like. 
Often when my gf and I are watching a movie, she will be asking: "You are rooting for the villain again, am I right?" And I'm "Ummm, he/she is SO cool how can I not root for him?"  Razz   (Vader fans can relate I guess)

PS: I hope you don't overdo it with freezing at your home for your own health. But yeah, I shouldn't let my characters freeze in the dio.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That bartenders appearance is just perfect, the other characters are too but my favorite is that guy, he's the most bartender bartender I have seen in fantasy.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Valiardes Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Page 3 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum