OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

26TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 2 Empty Joint pin sizes Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:17 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

I agree with you. It seems to make no sense whatsoever to have changed the sizes of the joint pins on the newer, smaller dolls. I'm sure that smaller heads could be made to accommodate the old ones. That's just stupid design if you ask me.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Da_realcm wrote:I need help I bought the new TBleague Asian s26a body I managed to use putty to hold and fill the inside of the peg for a superduck head and it looks good. But I find all the 1/6 sized clothes I have is too big. they fit real nice with my other phicen but not this one. Can I have any suggestions? Thank you

I have both all of the new (smaller) bodies, and the two smallest sizes (the S26A & S27B) are going to be even more problematic than the S24A & S25B (which are small in their own right). The only heads I found that work for the S24A & S24B are the new Elf-ear heads (which also come with normal ears), but they both require blu-tac in the neck to keep the head on the ball joint of the neck. They are also of a sufficiently small size to not look oversized on the body. The two S26A S27B -- I have two "Child" heads coming through eBay -- I'm hoping they work. These bodies, aside from the overly large boobs, are so tiny only "children's" clothes are going to be of use. I was really hoping to replace my Slave Leia with one of these bodies, as the height is much closer to Carrie Fisher, but the shoulders are ridiculously narrow. In order to represent a kid, the bust will have to be shaved down considerably. These could be ones that require either Barbie clothes (with modifications), or custom-made. You mentioned in another post that you found some expensive options out there. Please share where you found them, as sometimes going custom route can be just as expensive (if not more so) as paying for pre-made.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I think Reverend Spooky might be on to something about using Original Effect clothing -- if you can find any. Those figures are no longer being made (from the looks of it), and they are pretty expensive on the after-market.

Peaches

I do have this outfit on my s24a body, and it fits nicely:
https://goo.gl/images/94RQdC

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:I do have this outfit on my s24a body, and it fits nicely:
https://goo.gl/images/94RQdC

I ordered that outfit off eBay a couple weeks ago, but I was planning to use the vest for a “mini-me” of my wife. Good to know though that the rest of it is useable. Thanks.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 2 C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Could you elaborate a bit on these "elf-ear" heads? What make? Where to get?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Could you elaborate a bit on these "elf-ear" heads?  What make?  Where to get?  

Here's the info on them that I posted:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t154-new-product-wondery-1-6-interchangeable-ear-female-head-ava-daeris-ep01-ep02?highlight=Wondery

Depending on where you are, here are a couple options:

https://www.gijoeelite.com/search.asp?keyword=Wondery&search=

https://www.toypanic.com/advancesearch.aspx?intSale=0&intPointmultiplier=0&is_bib=0&strPlatform=%&strCompany=%&strCategory1=%&strCategory2=%&strSeries=%&strAvailable=-&strPreorder=preorder&strSoldout=-&strPreorderClosed=-&strPreorderSoldout=-&strDiscontinued=-&strKeyword=Wondery&intListing=80

https://www.v-storebiz.com/search.php?search_query=Wondery&section=product

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Wondery+1%2F6+scale&_sacat=0

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Thanks. I'll try ordering one or both of these, if the SuperDuck head I have coming looks too outsize or something. I really can't figure out why Phicen/TBLeague would put these new bodies out without any support for them whatsoever. I wonder what their thinking is. Are they:

A. planning to put out their own heads and clothes and be the only ones doing so, forcing everyone who buys their dolls to buy from them.

B. Counting on the principle that another manufacturer of heads and / or clothing will see an opportunity to be the only one producing heads and clothes for these specific dolls?

C. Working with others to make sure that heads and clothes become available.

Peaches

Peaches
Now I want the elf heads, where do I find the money? They're really pretty!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Yeah, the Original Effect heads are great, you just have to be good with them being a lot more stylized than most are looking for (I still love them). And even the clothes are hit or miss. I've had some pieces fit, and some are actually too small, even for the smallest bodies. And agree, good luck finding any. I wanted that Candy head so bad, and could never find one loose ANYWHERE. So if someone has one they want to get rid of...

I can see the lack of clothes being a bit frustrating. I've made almost everything that I'm using for these bodies, and I have about 4 so far. The lack of any head sockets that fit is a bigger annoyance, and even the OE heads required a little tinkering to make them work. I've been thinking I want to try that undersized Furiosa head too, but that'll require a a bit more effort.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hi all, I'm potentially interested in these newer bodies, as most of the female figures I customize are of a shorter/more petite stature and/or need to look quite short beside the male figures, and there is only so much one can do to extend the height of male figures before they start to look ridiculous and out -of-proportion themselves.

But before going ahead and purchasing one (or several), I just thought I'd ask if anyone had ever tried one with a Peak Toys headsculpt? I noticed when I was trying a Peak Toys sculpt (PT001) on some normal-sized jointed 1/6 bodies that it actually looked a bit too small on them, so I thought, hmm...maybe one of those shorter TBLeague bodies would work. But I have searched to see if I could find any examples, and nothing came up, so maybe that is not the case.

Just based off the pics, I guess my main concern would be to make sure there would not be too much of an unsightly gap between the head and the neck, and that the neck would not be too thin for the head.

I'm specifically hoping to use the shortest suntan version, the s27b, but would consider the slightly taller one if it seemed to work better.

Any advice would be most appreciated. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Greetings, skywalkersaga, and welcome aboard. I don’t think the two smallest bodies here would work with the Peak heads, as they aren’t any smaller than a Super Duck head.

Check out this thread for some pics I posted concerning these four bodies with the heads in the thread link:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t154-new-product-wondery-1-6-interchangeable-ear-female-head-ava-daeris-ep01-ep02

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks so much for the quick reply, and for the welcome! : )

I truly appreciate response, as it saves me making (yet another) wasted purchase.  ;p

That said, I do think those elf heads you shared are super cute! I also really like the hair on them, it's an improvement from the usual hair on these headsculpts, I think (I normally find the hair on 1/6 heads rather wanting in quality and texture) -- but alas, I don't have a use for them at present, or at least, not without some extreme repaint/makeovers. But I will keep them in mind for future use. : )

I have seen SuperDuck heads advertised, but never seen one in person, sorry! The only 1/6 vinyl (as opposed to resin) heads like this that I have in-hand at present (other than Hot Toys and some Hot Toys knockoffs) are Kimi Toys and the lone Peak Toys head I picked up recently. The Peak Toys head seems a lot smaller than the KimiToys, and (to my eyes) sits strangely on bodies like VeryCool, Kumik, and PopToys (all of which I've tried it on and thought it looked a bit undersized, but maybe my perception is skewed).

So, while I've figured out a potential TbLeague body that is supposed to go with some of the KimiToys (s17b, with the 'narrow shoulders'), I don't know which one suits the PeakToys. The one that is recommended on some of the listings looks too busty and has too wide of shoulders for my tastes. Not to mention probably too tall.  And the skintone looks slightly different between the PT and KT sculpts, so I'm not even sure if it would work with the same one I have picked out for the Kimi Toys (if that makes sense).

Apologies -- I realize I'm getting off-topic for the thread. I would still really love to find a use for these smaller bodies, but now have to think about it a bit more. :/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Skywalkersaga, the S25B might be a good option for that Peak Toys head. It’s not as small as the other two I mentioned, but it is smaller than a standard TBLeague.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah ok, I see -- thank you for the clarification! Gives me some hope ^.^

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:This is a very brief product review of the recently announced and just released TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A, S25B, S26A, and S27B.

These are now out, and already available not only in China, but also the States. I bought from China to save money (since I was ordering several), and mine just arrived. Here are a few notes and a couple of photos.

The bodies are nicely proportioned and shaped in a fit, yet not excessive manner. The sculpting is very detailed, while the coloring is very subtle. They come in pale and (new) suntan, both being quite light in color; in fact the difference between the two skin tones is fairly minor. We get pretty much all that we have come to expect: a steel-skeleton body in a silicon "skin" (really, "flesh"), plus two pairs of removable feet (flat and heel) and three pairs of hands (relaxed, fist, and gun-grip). Unlike some recent TBLeague female seamless body releases, the box does not include the basic bikini or any other clothing. The compartment that would have held the clothing is filled with a little citrus-scented packet.

S24A and S26A are pale, S25B and S27B are suntan; S24A and S25B are slightly shorter than their predecessors (at about 27 cm tall including a head), while S26A and S27B are even more petite (at about 26 cm tall including a head).

To the usual challenge of finding a head sculpt that would match the skin tone closely enough, we now have to add the additional challenge of finding a head sculpt that would not appear too large for the body (and here the actual head size and the hair style are both factors). The VTS Furiosa head would fit beautifully if it weren't as tanned and as dirty; the TIFA head matches the (new) suntan beautifully, but looks just a bit too big. Nevertheless it is possible to find decent matches for the skin tone and the head size. I have tried to do that in the photos that follow, but there may well be other and better options. One thing that is a bit annoying is that the new bodies come with a smaller knob at the end of the neck peg, and one usually has to do something to make the fit with a head sculpt more secure -- I have resorted to packing in some thin slivers of foamies. I really do not see why this innovation was necessary or how it could have been particularly helpful, even within TBLeague (even if they were going to produce slightly smaller heads, that hardly requires resizing the neck knob).

These minor challenges apart, overall all four new bodies are a very good product that addresses the generally overly-tall issue of Phicen/TBLeague female bodies. Can it be improved? Of course. But it is as good as what we have come to expect from this company.

Hope this helps.

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 2 Tbleag10

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 2 Tbleag11

#tbleague #phicen #female #body #seamless #productreview

If it helps any, I've just mated up a new Super Duck head with the S24A body and the scaling seems quite good, but the skin tone is way darker.

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 2 46721115381_4bf78f6674_b20190112_0115 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 2 31778258587_2090b35f20_b20190112_0109 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

My full comments can be found here:  

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1160-post-apocalyptic-pinup-patrol-girl-a-work-in-progress

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank so much for sharing --that is indeed a helpful reference.

And your post-apocalyptic pinupgirl is looking good! So sorry that the skintone isn't quite a match, that is always so frustrating. But you are right that it seems ok scale-wise, at least.

ETA: Quick question -- do you by any chance have any pics of her standing next to male figures, for reference? Smile

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:Thank so much for sharing --that is indeed a helpful reference.

And your post-apocalyptic pinupgirl is looking good! So sorry that the skintone isn't quite a match, that is always so frustrating. But you are right that it seems ok scale-wise, at least.

ETA: Quick question -- do you by any chance have any pics of her standing next to male figures, for reference? Smile

This is the only figure I have so far; the first in the collection, but GovernatorFan has put up some images of these figures next to a male figure for comparison in a review of the TB League figures.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

This is the only figure I have so far; the first in the collection, but GovernatorFan has put up some images of these figures next to a male figure for comparison in a review of the TB League figures.

Oh, my bad! I did see you say that, but then got distracted by the little world you were creating, and forgot that there wasn't anyone else in it yet, lol! XD

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

Oh, my bad! I did see you say that, but then got distracted by the little world you were creating, and forgot that there wasn't anyone else in it yet, lol! XD

It happens.

Peaches

Peaches
Just dropping in for an example of clothing, my 2 "medium" size bodies, the S24A and S25B

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 2 46732527341_01feecd716_zPhicen/TBLeague Bodies S24A and S25B by ingiebee, on Flickr

The left one is wearing the "SuperMCTOYS 1/6 Leather Moto Jacket Sets for Strong Female F074" and the right one has on the "Scarlet Witch dress" (squeezed on) with a Bratz hoodie and plastic shoes (makes her feet look small, might be made for barbie) without her feet Smile

The body colors really are barely different. We need more color!!! Smile Anyone know how to get these new models in browner colors please?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You’d have to color them yourself, Peaches. Nothing darker for the females yet. One body you might want to try for a darker skin tone is the Jiaou Doll “Wheaten” — assuming they didn’t change their formula the way TBL did.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the examples, Peaches. It really does help give me a better idea to see them dressed in clothing.

And I agree, there needs to be more colour options in the tbleague bodies in general. And not only that, more SHAPES, as well as more heights. Many of the tbleague bodies have ridiculously tiny hips....to the point it is actually unrealistic. I look at some of them (the muscular bodies, for instance) and they look like male bodies with boobs attached, to me. And the ones that do have slightly more curvaceous hips tend to have massive shoulders and giant busts, which kind of ruins the effect as well. I would give much to have body shape that is a more slender upper body but with curvy hips. And I'm not even talking, like 'plus size' here....just, you know, more realistic woman's body shape. ;p

Some of the jiaou body shapes are slightly better (in my eyes) when it comes to the hips area, but then their shoulders are still really awkward and broad looking, and they still have the issue of rather large busts, regardless. :/

(Whoops, sorry for the rant, just so frustrating.)

Peaches

Peaches
OK, cool, thanks @Stryker2011, I don't think I'd have to have a seamless for the Zoe I want to make, maybe can find a good color with another company if Jiaou doesn't have anything dark enough. It's strange how darker skin is always difficult to find in the toy world Sad With resin dolls, it's because the darker pigment is difficult to work with as it tends to marble and can't be sanded. Though they're getting better with their formulas lately Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:OK, cool, thanks @Stryker2011, I don't think I'd have to have a seamless for the Zoe I want to make, maybe can find a good color with another company if Jiaou doesn't have anything dark enough.  It's strange how darker skin is always difficult to find in the toy world Sad  With resin dolls, it's because the darker pigment is difficult to work with as it tends to marble and can't be sanded.  Though they're getting better with their formulas lately Smile

That's interesting, I had no idea!

And if it's for Zoe that you'd need the body for, perhaps since only her neck/chest area and forearms will be showing (assuming you'd be doing her 'main' outfit), you could just use an all-hard plastic jointed body and just paint the areas that will show? It's not ideal I know, but that's what I'm having to do for the time being with a couple of SW characters I'm working on...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
Peaches wrote:OK, cool, thanks @Stryker2011, I don't think I'd have to have a seamless for the Zoe I want to make, maybe can find a good color with another company if Jiaou doesn't have anything dark enough.  It's strange how darker skin is always difficult to find in the toy world Sad  With resin dolls, it's because the darker pigment is difficult to work with as it tends to marble and can't be sanded.  Though they're getting better with their formulas lately Smile

That's interesting, I had no idea!

And if it's for Zoe that you'd need the body for, perhaps since only her neck/chest area and forearms will be showing (assuming you'd be doing her 'main' outfit), you could just use an all-hard plastic jointed body and just paint the areas that will show? It's not ideal I know, but that's what I'm having to do for the time being with a couple of SW characters I'm working on...

I’ve done the same thing. Works fine.

Peaches

Peaches
@skywalkersaga that's a great idea! A hard plastic doll is so inexpensive, it's not that scary to mess with Very Happy Thanks for opening my stupid mind up, LOL to you and @Stryker2011 Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:@skywalkersaga that's a great idea!  A hard plastic doll is so inexpensive, it's not that scary to mess with Very Happy  Thanks for opening my stupid mind up, LOL to you and @Stryker2011 Very Happy

Aw, yeah, exactly! I love to be able to paint with acrylics, so to me if I can get away with using a surface that will 'take' that medium, then it's a win. I also personally don't view (quality) jointed bodies as being somehow 'lesser' than seamless ones....I just see them as both being useful for different needs and purposes. Smile

And you're welcome! Really looking forward to seeing your take on Zoe! ^.^

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry to be so annoying and persistent, lol, but... does anyone happen to have a pic of both the s17b AND the s25b (can include s27b as well), standing next to each other (preferably WITH headsculpts)?  

Even better if they are both standing next to a male figure (seamless or otherwise) for reference. Very Happy

I ask because, thus far, the s17b has been my favourite tbleague body in terms of overall shape. While it's not perfect, I really love the smaller upper body (slender shoulders and medium bust) on that one. But I've always felt it was probably still just a little too tall for certain characters that I'd need it for. I guess I'd just love to see one or both of the smaller bodies next to it just to get a better idea of how they all sort of compare. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum