OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:Some extra inspiration -- in general, for Predators.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/52448037_1138309139683742_4593695237943066624_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=CamFnBAND3gAX_0JW1r&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=00_AfD0xLaN-qtB-3zSP9XqlNyeQtmL337T8Q5OpwaEjjsyxw&oe=6412C5C1

Cheers GTF!

Valiarde wrote:LOL at Murphy

But this thread gave me inspiration to work on my own predator. Already started the little project  Smile

And its nice seeing your progress, even though I have a hard time sometimes to differenciate between promo pics and your pics  Razz  Your figure will have a great upgrade

GubernatorFan wrote:Some extra inspiration -- in general, for Predators.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/52448037_1138309139683742_4593695237943066624_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=CamFnBAND3gAX_0JW1r&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=00_AfD0xLaN-qtB-3zSP9XqlNyeQtmL337T8Q5OpwaEjjsyxw&oe=6412C5C1

Also very itneresting, thank you!

Great to hear that! Which Predator are you doing? Easy to tell which are my pics, they're of the unfinished figures with loads of (expensive) junk in the background Wink

GubernatorFan wrote:You are a glutton for punishment indeed. But the "beads" turned out very nicely. Looking forward to the skulls, which are already pretty cool to begin with.

Just finished those now.

Stryker2011 wrote:Jesus, Dude! All those tiny beads cut from that rod?! You are indeed a glutton for punishment. Murphy looks cute.

Yeah but it passes the time lol. Poor Murphy's not so good today, can't seem to go to the loo (either way) and refuses to drink water! Put it in with his wet food but he's got wise to that and won't touch it, I can't afford the vet right now either, still has his appetite though so I guess he'll just explode?! Shocked

BAMComix wrote:That is some precision work! Truly impressive!
isn't Murphy there for moral support? that what I always think about Oscar, my lab when he watches me work away Razz .

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Untitled-1-2

Very Happy

LOL! Nah Murphy's there to sleep and take up room! Oh and usually to be grumpy! Although it's justified today..

Finished Celtic now his necklace and hoses are attached (had to drill a bunch of new holes for both ends of all four hoses for both figures). Chopper's nearly there now, added his necklace and hoses, tarted up his skulls with beads and string, then reattached them higher up on his back. Still needs his staff with or without the alien head though.

SOME CRUMMY QUICK PICS AS AN UPDATE

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 L2uhUAM

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 JeKSOyY

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 4dTiYp1

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 COaNC39

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 YwwSvRN

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 XoEX4M3

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Ah0Z6Af

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 SVqwVXX

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 EVIJJPf

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 ZrREHq1

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 PYXFK4j

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 0AIJpYe

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 7oZHxzV

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 PbRm2sV

Valiarde

shovelchop81 wrote:

Valiarde wrote:LOL at Murphy

But this thread gave me inspiration to work on my own predator. Already started the little project  Smile

And its nice seeing your progress, even though I have a hard time sometimes to differenciate between promo pics and your pics  Razz  Your figure will have a great upgrade

Great to hear that! Which Predator are you doing? Easy to tell which are my pics, they're of the unfinished figures with loads of (expensive) junk in the background  Wink

I'm doing something else out of my predator entirely, I'm just using it as a base figure. New head, new colors. But far simpler than your works and details. 
Haha gotcha with the pics, I think it is clearer now.

And great update in your nearly finished Predator!  cheers

shovelchop81

[quote="Valiarde"]
shovelchop81 wrote:

I'm doing something else out of my predator entirely, I'm just using it as a base figure. New head, new colors. But far simpler than your works and details. 

I made Chakaa, the Unas (alien) from Stargate SG1 years ago using a predator body, hands and feet.

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Kztaardiwxb81

I'd show you a picture of the figure but I'm too lazy to get up right now lol.

Valiarde

Cool

Once you have the energy next few days you can show it if you want. no hurry lol

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
Valiarde wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

I made Chakaa, the Unas (alien) from Stargate SG1 years ago using a predator body, hands and feet.

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Kztaardiwxb81

I'd show you a picture of the figure but I'm too lazy to get up right now lol.
I saw someone selling an Unas head on Etsy.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
[quote="GubernatorFan"]
shovelchop81 wrote:
I saw someone selling an Unas head on Etsy.

Made my own, did you see any other SG1 or SW alien heads/hands over there?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Valiarde wrote:Cool

Once you have the energy next few days you can show it if you want. no hurry lol

Here you go, not great pics and these were all some of my first ever custom figures, a bit rough here and there but I'm very fond of them!

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 VM9eQpe

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 2pU66SJ

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 FQhyfVY

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 3EvnrC6

STUPID FINGER!

BAMComix

BAMComix
They all look fantastic!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
BAMComix wrote:They all look fantastic!

Cheers! My finger blocked out Major John Sheppard in expedition team gear and in full flight gear for the F-302 starfighter with helmet etc.. Not to be confused with the other version of him in an orange 'emergency' space suit that stands behind the fighter pilot version! Wink There's also a team grunt with a show accurate H&K MX8 with a 'C' or Beta style drum magazine.

Cut up and gutted out the Alien head to make it lighter as it's solid resin and the combi-stick/spear is fragile resin as well, plus he needs to be able to hold it and not drop it.
As I had forseen it was a lengthy messy job even with the luxury of power tools and my custom made 'dremelling resin' booth! I'll need to glue it back together and fill in the visible gaps with putty then sculpt that to match; lastly I'll paint it all up and incorporate the spear in a way that can be taken apart (maybe) as his hand I have made closed so he won't drop it all and break it.

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 VsWJo35

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 0bnx4eg

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 77Cld6O

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Kb6jgRb

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 XAATeTx

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 4lR3OGs

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Ez6kmsN

I could have sanded it some more but I was fed up at this point and think enough weight has been removed.

Diana

Diana
Checking in, and GOOD TIMES! Holy cow. Those paint jobs look amazing. Loving the sepia/copper and...

Murphy is adorable! Laughing

And YAY for your Stargate teams (though I never cared much for Atlantis). I think you've dropped a line about them before. I've donated most of my DVDs thanks to streaming services, but I still have that silver SG-1 DVD-box collection. And now I feel like watching it again. Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for showing your Stargate Collection Smile  

And that dremel box is a great invention. One step ahead of my Dremel cardboard box lol

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very interesting to watch how your Predator-builds progress! Great work as usual! THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 1f600

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The work you did on the skulls for that predator look amazing. Great to see him come together. Too bad about Murphy (hope he didn’t eat something that he can’t digest — that usually requires surgery to get rid of).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Valiarde wrote:Thanks for showing your Stargate Collection Smile  

And that dremel box is a great invention. One step ahead of my Dremel cardboard box lol

Cheers! The clear box in an old fish tank I found thrown out so it's heavy duty glass.

Randam Hajile wrote:Very interesting to watch how your Predator-builds progress! Great work as usual! THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 1f600

Thank you!

Stryker2011 wrote:The work you did on the skulls for that predator look amazing. Great to see him come together. Too bad about Murphy (hope he didn’t eat something that he can’t digest — that usually requires surgery to get rid of).

Thanks! Murphy's back to his old self today so obviously cleared out his system overnight, I've ordered some stuff for him for the next time, he refuses to drink water so it's his own bloody fault!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Diana wrote:Checking in, and GOOD TIMES! Holy cow. Those paint jobs look amazing. Loving the sepia/copper and...

And YAY for your Stargate teams (though I never cared much for Atlantis). I think you've dropped a line about them before. I've donated most of my DVDs thanks to streaming services, but I still have that silver SG-1 DVD-box collection. And now I feel like watching it again. Smile

Cheers! I actually really like Atlantis, Christopher Heyerdahl who plays 'Todd' the Wraith (seriously cool baaddies imo) is a brilliant creature/character actor (like Andy Serkis) who has worked a lot with Amanda Tapping in other stuff too. I have both series in DVD box sets and they are huge! The only physically bigger DVD box set I have is the Alien Quadrilogy set and that's because it comes with a huge Alien head!

Diana

Diana
shovelchop81 wrote:
Diana wrote:Checking in, and GOOD TIMES! Holy cow. Those paint jobs look amazing. Loving the sepia/copper and...

Cheers! I actually really like Atlantis, Christopher Heyerdahl who plays 'Todd' the Wraith (seriously cool baaddies imo) is a brilliant creature/character actor (like Andy Serkis) who has worked a lot with Amanda Tapping in other stuff too. I have both series in DVD box sets and they are huge! The only physically bigger DVD box set I have is the Alien Quadrilogy set and that's because it comes with a huge Alien head!

Christopher Heyerdahl is awesome and indeed to be seen is soooo many shows. He played multiple roles on SG-1. I didn't know he played Todd, too! Smile
The Wraith were great foes. I just never cared much for Shepherd or... most of the crew since I'm having a hard time remembering their names even. Jason Momoa and David Hewlett stood out for sure, even though they were both annoying also.
Nothing beats the wonderful banter among the SG-1 members for me. Pure joy. I love you

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
Made my own, did you see any other SG1 or SW alien heads/hands over there?
Maybe, but I don't always remember what is from where. If I come across it, I'll get you the link.

Always fun to see parts of your collection. I came to appreciate these series with a long delay, but I do appreciate them. I now have pretty much all the SG stuff on DVD. I think Farscape too, unless that was just watching it on Amazon Prime.

You really bring out the detail in these bones and skulls.

As for Murphy and water -- have you considered turning on some running water for him from time to time -- in the sink or the bath tub/shower?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Here is the link to the heads and other bits by one of the sellers I'm thinking about. This one is on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Poison3DHarleyCstms?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1236766110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Diana wrote:

Christopher Heyerdahl is awesome and indeed to be seen is soooo many shows. He played multiple roles on SG-1. I didn't know he played Todd, too! Smile
The Wraith were great foes. I just never cared much for Shepherd or... most of the crew since I'm having a hard time remembering their names even. Jason Momoa and David Hewlett stood out for sure, even though they were both annoying also.
Nothing beats the wonderful banter among the SG-1 members for me. Pure joy. I love you

I'll look out for Christopher the next time I watch SG1! He probably played Chaka the Unas! LOL!

GubernatorFan wrote:
Maybe, but I don't always remember what is from where. If I come across it, I'll get you the link.

Always fun to see parts of your collection. I came to appreciate these series with a long delay, but I do appreciate them. I now have pretty much all the SG stuff on DVD. I think Farscape too, unless that was just watching it on Amazon Prime.

You really bring out the detail in these bones and skulls.

As for Murphy and water -- have you considered turning on some running water for him from time to time -- in the sink or the bath tub/shower?

GubernatorFan wrote:Here is the link to the heads and other bits by one of the sellers I'm thinking about. This one is on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Poison3DHarleyCstms?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1236766110

Cheers! GTF! Yeah have a tap in the bath trickling water for them, I pay a flat rate for water and because it's a large house in a city the price is stupid especially as it rains most days non stop!! So I certainly don't feel like I'm wasting water like you Yanks!LOL. I remember when I lived in Florida there were lawn sprinklers everywhere!! It always rained twice a day too but not nearly enough I guess...and Los Vegas..that's just nuts! LOL sorry rambling, haven't had a coffee or smoke yet.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I went back in with the dremmel to finish the job then glued the bits together using super glue then Bison Universal glue after that cured I used some milliput to fill the gaps; then a quick spray of black primer. I drilled out both sections of the resin spear and used some metal wire to connect them together through the head. After the glue dried I used hot glue (black) to fill in the holes and keep the spear inplace, then adding more to start 'decorating' the wounds with the gelatinous xenomorph blood (yeah I don't know how the acid doesn't eat through the spear or his hand either! They do carry a neutralising spray for it though as seen with the Wolf Predator in AVP2) as depicted in quite a few figures and illustrations of this type of trophy display. The hot glue is then cut back and more added where needed etc.. I'm still doing that bit.

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 42qUBVv

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 WY3ufGI

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Eu3ueQi

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 5FwJqre

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 SvsH44P

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 4ffTOXH

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 XTrzIpm

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 ZL1Vt3O

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 RvQUvZh

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 JghmUIa

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 LzmQwpI

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 NLnjVpX

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 TqS3hSn

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 KFn2Ejd

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 JLEAwXL

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 WCxcG9X

NOW BITS TRIMMED OFF AND OTHERS ADDED, LIKE A BONSAI TREE IN 'FAST-FORWARD' MODE LOL.

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 SUr0TDZ

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 ZeBxSoF

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 AE0KPOo

REFERENCE PICS

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 1JOmpT9

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Cr5NodO

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 B5vpQFg

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 UDVjELF

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 EghXFnJ

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 8qMc6oZ

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That alien skull looks awesome.

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second that. Perfection incarnate.

Valiarde

Valiarde
That liquid plastic stuff is really cool- New inspirations and options for sure. Worked out great

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:That alien skull looks awesome.

Agreed!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:I second that. Perfection incarnate.

Valiarde wrote:That liquid plastic stuff is really cool- New inspirations and options for sure. Worked out great

BAMComix wrote:

Agreed!

Thank you all very much!! The head's not finished in those pics though, I carried on today and have finally finished the Chopper Predator (who I've nicknamed Chopper's Revenge' as he was knocked off so quickly by a Xenomorph in the movie...this could be an 'cut out scene' version lol). Ended up doing quite a bit of paint to the head, blue ink, then silver, then black ink with some blending techniques along the way. Trimmed some more hot glue back then painted the dayglo green over a silver base to make the Alien blood pop more, lastly I clear coated it in gloss to make it look nice and slimy. The pics show him on a stand and Celtic without, Celtic and Scar are both actually bigger than Chopper in the movie so that works for me. I'll try and get a shot of all three together soon. Oh! I changed Chopper's armour colour a bit to make it look more worn and blend better with his brothers, looked great on its own but not as part of the 'trio'.

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 7LvK7Fz

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 HPejmdf

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Bi2AA6B

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 VDfBkNI

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 P5tw1yq

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 A7nRSG9

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Q6fp6eb

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 GglpKKT

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Ugei0sZ

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 OyVhw5b

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 GCTkyYh

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 DXu6n57

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 7VodyNx

GLOSS CLEAR COAT REALLY HELPS

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 RbxbEjz

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Gc669TF

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 5eGkLr6

PEPPER DOESN'T....

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 SWQYv8K

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 UCd77mp

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 DD7Sogo

AND MURPHY'S WELL, JUST BEING MURPHY...LOL.

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 1Ah32l7

FINISHED FIGURES

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 Td9yBUk

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 1AnywHW

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 LFWqfvL

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 5twunDF

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 FeuYu7l

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 4sQ4I4u

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 PCzQoH0

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 MOkgmOR

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 KKceJFL

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 E7lSBXW

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 0FAjdBv

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 4 UFHaB2Z

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Awesome stuff. The work on the alien skull and the armor (well… everything) looks stupendous. Nicely done.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent finish. The head is much more expressive now. Almost wish you didn't have to distract with all the green blood, but it makes sense. The armor indeed matches well with the other figure(s). Glad the cat is not too scare to hang out. And what is this From Constantinople to Cornwall you were watching? Something about the last Palaiologoi?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Awesome stuff. The work on the alien skull and the armor (well… everything) looks stupendous. Nicely done.

Thank you Stryker!

GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent finish. The head is much more expressive now. Almost wish you didn't have to distract with all the green blood, but it makes sense. The armor indeed matches well with the other figure(s). Glad the cat is not too scare to hang out. And what is this From Constantinople to Cornwall you were watching? Something about the last Palaiologoi?

Cheers GTF! I probably overdid the blood a bit lol, I've been thinking of using some darker green ink too curtail it a bit around the edges, make it more 3D and give the impression of it coagulating somewhat.
As for what I was watching, yes it was related to the end of the Byzantine Empire but from the British perspective of trading tin and copper to them. Have you ever watched the great UK TV series 'Time Team'? There must be about 15 seasons plus a load of specials you can watch for free on YouTube (I think I've watched all of them a few times now over the years whilst building things!) hosted by Tony Robinson from 'Blackadder'. Here's a link to this episode to get you started if you haven't https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz6qQS3LL8k&t=456s

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ah, tin and copper... I thought the supposed imperial ancestry of the Palaiologoi of Cornwall was being discussed. Well, tin and copper were probably much more concrete. Smile

Thank you for the link, I'll check it out.

I was wondering whether to suggest that about the blood -- or maybe a slightly darker or duller color, but I figured you have done your homework and know much better than I. The color it is now looks very fresh (and accurate to that), just like he has just severed the head and popped it up on the spear. I thought you were going for that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum