OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Awesome stuff. The work on the alien skull and the armor (well… everything) looks stupendous. Nicely done.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Excellent finish. The head is much more expressive now. Almost wish you didn't have to distract with all the green blood, but it makes sense. The armor indeed matches well with the other figure(s). Glad the cat is not too scare to hang out. And what is this From Constantinople to Cornwall you were watching? Something about the last Palaiologoi?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:Awesome stuff. The work on the alien skull and the armor (well… everything) looks stupendous. Nicely done.

Thank you Stryker!

GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent finish. The head is much more expressive now. Almost wish you didn't have to distract with all the green blood, but it makes sense. The armor indeed matches well with the other figure(s). Glad the cat is not too scare to hang out. And what is this From Constantinople to Cornwall you were watching? Something about the last Palaiologoi?

Cheers GTF! I probably overdid the blood a bit lol, I've been thinking of using some darker green ink too curtail it a bit around the edges, make it more 3D and give the impression of it coagulating somewhat.
As for what I was watching, yes it was related to the end of the Byzantine Empire but from the British perspective of trading tin and copper to them. Have you ever watched the great UK TV series 'Time Team'? There must be about 15 seasons plus a load of specials you can watch for free on YouTube (I think I've watched all of them a few times now over the years whilst building things!) hosted by Tony Robinson from 'Blackadder'. Here's a link to this episode to get you started if you haven't https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz6qQS3LL8k&t=456s

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Ah, tin and copper... I thought the supposed imperial ancestry of the Palaiologoi of Cornwall was being discussed. Well, tin and copper were probably much more concrete. Smile

Thank you for the link, I'll check it out.

I was wondering whether to suggest that about the blood -- or maybe a slightly darker or duller color, but I figured you have done your homework and know much better than I. The color it is now looks very fresh (and accurate to that), just like he has just severed the head and popped it up on the spear. I thought you were going for that.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Ah, tin and copper... I thought the supposed imperial ancestry of the Palaiologoi of Cornwall was being discussed. Well, tin and copper were probably much more concrete. Smile

Thank you for the link, I'll check it out.

I was wondering whether to suggest that about the blood -- or maybe a slightly darker or duller color, but I figured you have done your homework and know much better than I. The color it is now looks very fresh (and accurate to that), just like he has just severed the head and popped it up on the spear. I thought you were going for that.

I just googled the Cornwall Palaiologoi connection, that's mental I had no idea; funny considering I grew up in Greece and live in the UK very near Cornwall!

As for the blood, yeah it's a freshly souvlaki'd head but the blood can still look better, done it already, waiting to gloss coat it.

Ovy

Ovy
I like the silvery copper of Coppernicus, and how the details on the Alien are brought out with the contrasting colors.

And I think Pepper is just making sure you don't confuse The Alien with a cucumber or sausage. Cats tend to survive encounters with The Alien anyway.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, did you know that Cornwall was long referred to as "West Wales"? Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Ovy wrote:I like the silvery copper of Coppernicus, and how the details on the Alien are brought out with the contrasting colors.

And I think Pepper is just making sure you don't confuse The Alien with a cucumber or sausage. Cats tend to survive encounters with The Alien anyway.

Laughing I have eaten some weird food in my life but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't eat that! I'd forgotten about the cat in Alien/Aliens/Alien3?!

GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, did you know that Cornwall was long referred to as "West Wales"? Smile

Yes, Wales covered most of Southern England at one point before it had be Anglified, from what I remember the Romans didn't help either, chasing the last of the 'True Britons' into what is now modern day Wales, hence the difference in language between the Welsh and the Gaelic of the Irish and the Scots; so the story goes anyway...

Here are pics of the modified blood, I think it looks better but not sure as I've had it in my face for too long! LOL.

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 UecfA2x

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 FaWgzO2

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 09D4z2A

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 YqvFdcT

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 NsSEvg6

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 TVAY55R

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Some lousy pics of the overall 1/6 Predator collection then better ones of the three brothers: Scar, Chopper and Celtic.

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 SDar9u2

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 NuCCPcr

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 78Sse5A

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 BvTVCt2

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 DwhB1qm

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 VD56g0Y

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 Gz4krRa

Diana

Diana
What an impressive shelf! He looks great and so do his peers. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, that’s a lot of Predators. Very cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If I were any one of your remaining figures, I'd shudder. Your predators look ready to take on the world. You're probably tired of working on them, but you made excellent additions to the bunch. And the more nuanced and coagulating blood looks great.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Amazing work on the blood effect!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Diana wrote:What an impressive shelf! He looks great and so do his peers. Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:Man, that’s a lot of Predators. Very cool.

GubernatorFan wrote:If I were any one of your remaining figures, I'd shudder. Your predators look ready to take on the world. You're probably tired of working on them, but you made excellent additions to the bunch. And the more nuanced and coagulating blood looks great.

BAMComix wrote:Amazing work on the blood effect!

Thanks everyone! Glad to finally have the three brothers also glad the blood looks okay.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
They look awesome, great work!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! THE 3 BROTHERS TOGETHER AT LAST! Turning a KO Scar Predator into a Chopper Predator using random and HT parts. - Page 5 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Theboo-bomb wrote:They look awesome, great work!

Thankyou TBB!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum