OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your most unconventional figure?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What is your most unconventional figure? Empty What is your most unconventional figure? Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:33 pm

helianthus

What figure would you say you would call the most unusual in your collection, for reasons related to anything from topic or character, to methods/materials you used to assemble or build them. Really anything you would consider an especially unusual or unique figure.

cdn_rhino

I would say the Triad Toys/Methamphibian/Mountain Dew Winter Exclusive. Fits with nothing else in my collection. But it's pretty awesome. Super rare, only about 25 or so made for promotional purposes.

davidd

davidd
Y'know... this question has made me realize that my collection, such as it is, is really pretty mundane. Just a bunch of "store bought" figures, and some TBLeague bodies with various heads commonly found online dressed up in nothing-special (which doesn't always mean inexpensive) eBay-purchased clothing.

I'm thinking I need to push my creative boundaries a bit.

Hmmm... is it time to put down a deposit on the Lucifer Centaur? pale

teamweapon

my collection dosnt really have a theme, its just stuff i like the look of.
the only thing i have thats close is a few DID germans, everything else is just random.
so nothing really fits with anything else i have haha.
although one of my faves is the mivi ronald mcdonald figure, its just fun personified Smile

m76

m76
teamweapon wrote:my collection dosnt really have a theme, its just stuff i like the look of.
the only thing i have thats close is a few DID germans, everything else is just random.
so nothing really fits with anything else i have haha.
although one of my faves is the mivi ronald mcdonald figure, its just fun personified Smile

Same for me, I don't buy figures based on themes or attachment to a specific franchise. Most of my figures are totally random, mostly from leftover parts and clothes.

Even my purchase process is very price/value oriented, I'm looking for the cheapest figures with the most extra accessories that I like the look of.
Outside of a few exceptions where I just want something really badly like the Golden Armor WW figure, I try to get the most out of my limited funds.
My favorite figures therefore are the ones that come with two head sculpts, that feels like two for the price of one for me.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
My figures are pretty conventional. What's not so conventional is the amount of places Lexi has been (photographed). Like Fuerteventura, the French Alps (she's visited the Tour de France), several bridges in France and Germany, Roman ruins and well in Germany, she's seen the replica of the Batavia (a 17th century ship), the Moselle, Rhine and Saar rivers, but she has also walked in the snow in the park nearby. Pics can be found in the links in my signature.

And her travels have inspired some others to take their figures outside too.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Probably this guy:
What is your most unconventional figure? Cnr_2210
You have twenty seconds to comply if you disagree
(ED-209 1/12 scale model kit from Moderoid line by Good Smile Company)
What is your most unconventional figure? Cnr_2211 What is your most unconventional figure? Cnr_2213 What is your most unconventional figure? Cnr_2212

Not really unconventional I guess, just a non-humanoid character and a model kit.

helianthus

Visisonor wrote:Probably this guy:

You have twenty seconds to comply if you disagree
(ED-209 1/12 scale model kit from Moderoid line by Good Smile Company)
 What is your most unconventional figure? Cnr_2212

Not really unconventional I guess, just a non-humanoid character and a model kit.

This is so interesting! I especially love the way the joints (hinges, perhaps?) on the legs and feet are constructed.

helianthus

TravelGuide wrote:My figures are pretty conventional. What's not so conventional is the amount of places Lexi has been (photographed). Like Fuerteventura, the French Alps (she's visited the Tour de France), several bridges in France and Germany, Roman ruins and well in Germany, she's seen the replica of the Batavia (a 17th century ship), the Moselle, Rhine and Saar rivers, but she has also walked in the snow in the park nearby. Pics can be found in the links in my signature.

Oh yes! I have seen your posts of her adventures, your photos are interesting because the way you pose her with perspective in mind makes it appear so that she is not quite so small, and seems more a part of the human world!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
helianthus wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:My figures are pretty conventional. What's not so conventional is the amount of places Lexi has been (photographed). Like Fuerteventura, the French Alps (she's visited the Tour de France), several bridges in France and Germany, Roman ruins and well in Germany, she's seen the replica of the Batavia (a 17th century ship), the Moselle, Rhine and Saar rivers, but she has also walked in the snow in the park nearby. Pics can be found in the links in my signature.

Oh yes! I have seen your posts of her adventures, your photos are interesting because the way you pose her with perspective in mind makes it appear so that she is not quite so small, and seems more a part of the human world!
Thank you for the compliment.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
davidd wrote:Y'know... this question has made me realize that my collection, such as it is, is really pretty mundane. Just a bunch of "store bought" figures, and some TBLeague bodies with various heads commonly found online dressed up in nothing-special (which doesn't always mean inexpensive) eBay-purchased clothing.

I'm thinking I need to push my creative boundaries a bit.

Hmmm... is it time to put down a deposit on the Lucifer Centaur? pale

Laughing

That pretty much describes my collection as well. It’s manly store bought figures and sets, and most are either Very Cool “military” figures, video game characters, or TBLeague and other assorted “warrior women”.

The most unconventional thing about it is that I only have two male figures out of around 30 in total. (Soo Soo Toys Billy Butcher and Dam Toys Leon Kennedy.)

Ovy

Ovy
I don't know, but this thread needs more pictures I think.

I don't know of similar figures that can be bought/factory made, so between that Post Apocalyptic rusty pagan machete warrior named Xykuurji, People wearing giant shells and a feral little forest boy, I think the rainbow people might be the more unconventional?
What is your most unconventional figure? PSX-20210215-011301

What is your most unconventional figure? PSX-20201125-022548

What is your most unconventional figure? PSX-20200506-141147

What is your most unconventional figure? PSX-20210829-192432

What is your most unconventional figure? 026

What is your most unconventional figure? 08a

What is your most unconventional figure? 08

What is your most unconventional figure? N29a

What is your most unconventional figure? Alaia043

What is your most unconventional figure? Nayhadjia001

What is your most unconventional figure? PSX-20210607-140152

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You're probably right, Ovy. They are all masterpieces, but those psychedelic-colored whistlers might be the ones most unlike any of the others, both in your creation and among the rest of us.

helianthus

Ovy wrote:I don't know, but this thread needs more pictures I think.

I don't know of similar figures that can be bought/factory made, so between that Post Apocalyptic rusty pagan machete warrior named Xykuurji, People wearing giant shells and a feral little forest boy, I think the rainbow people might be the more unconventional?

Wow! the last photograph with the multicolored duo is incredible. A concept I truly have seen nothing like! I especially love the wings.   What, if anything, inspired them?

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great selection Ovy, of unusual, but brilliant constructed characters!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Those are all great figures, Ovy, and you’re right — those are very “unconventional” but excellent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

What is your most unconventional figure? 1f10

Illusion

Illusion
I came across this thread some days ago and could not think of any figure in my collection that I would consider truly unconventional as they all have their „peer group“ on my shelves. Closest that came to my mind was Asmus Toys‘ „V“ of „Devil may cry“…

However, independent of Ovy‘s post (which I agree with: this thread needs more pictures), all of a sudden, a better candidate came up: Yismani, my Ice Faye - for the reason that there are still not that many multicoloured bodies around…
This reason has now also been already posted by Ovy (who inspired the creation of Yismani) but it‘s not less true for me.

What is your most unconventional figure? 50908630596_7dea72fe48_b

and - actually thinking about it - all my ladies dressed in beaded outfits, such as the latest, Lady Bird, that are not that conventional and widespread either…

What is your most unconventional figure? 52839754116_af9e8bbf19_bLevina, Lady of the Skies by D B, auf Flickr

as I mentioned him, he gets a picture too. This is „V“ - or rather Damian in my universe.

What is your most unconventional figure? 51496068067_640586ea70_c

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy and Illusion.... your works are stand-outs, for sure! What is your most unconventional figure? 1f60d

I don't feel like I can participate in this thread yet myself..... maybe I'll come back in a few years once I have finished more figures. What is your most unconventional figure? 1f605

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Oh this thread is mean for pics?Time for pouring😆
What is your most unconventional figure? Img_2049
What is your most unconventional figure? Dsc00140
What is your most unconventional figure? Dsc00024
What is your most unconventional figure? Tom_ch10
What is your most unconventional figure? Dsc00141
What is your most unconventional figure? Cello_17
What is your most unconventional figure? Dsc00230

My collection is not really called to ‘unconventional’ , more like a mess 2 dollar stores😂But mix and match is really fun, most of the time I can get some ‘unique’ surprises through the experiments, which cannot be found on ‘conventional’ theme based action figure.

What is your most unconventional figure? 16876810

Take 3 of these above for example, the barbarian, T1000 and Crysis, they are well made and high quality but for me they more like a decoration than action figure, because all those parts and clothes are well tailored on each other, they don't meant to let you alter anything, if not broken, so, I just not able to do anything else to them or only take some photos and stick to their theme all the time, it is boring🐏
What is your most unconventional figure? 16876811

Now I have 90% of misc stuff for any kind of different build in future, so I can say 90% of my whole collection are unconventional stuff👀😶🌫

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Lots of great stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

What is your most unconventional figure? 1f10

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2012 wrote:Lots of great stuff.

Agreed!

davidd

davidd
Yeah, I gotta agree, the classical strings players are "unconventional," since the action figure hobby tends to emphasize military or movie franchise characters. Excellent examples here of thinking beyond the norm!

Plus... the extreme dramatic posing is an exciting deviation from the usual "standing" poses we see in figure pics.

helianthus

lawlaw91 wrote:Oh this thread is mean for pics?Time for pouring:

My collection is not really called to ‘unconventional’ , more like a mess 2 dollar stores😂But mix and match is really fun, most of the time I can get some ‘unique’ surprises through the experiments, which cannot be found on ‘conventional’ theme based action figure.

Take 3 of these above for example, the barbarian, T1000 and Crysis, they are well made and high quality but for me they more like a decoration than action figure, because all those parts and clothes are well tailored on each other, they don't meant to let you alter anything, if not broken, so, I just not able to do anything else to them or only take some photos and stick to their theme all the time, it is boring:

Now I have 90% of misc stuff for any kind of different build in future, so I can say 90% of my whole collection are unconventional stuff👀😶🌫

The figures of yours which are playing musical instruments are very interesting, the instruments themselves are quite accurate, everything from the scroll to the bridge is so intricate! They are also posed beautifully, and the lighting makes it look almost as though they really are performing, especially the cellist figure! As a lover of classical music, these are very cool.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
helianthus wrote:The figures of yours which are playing musical instruments are very interesting, the instruments themselves are quite accurate, everything from the scroll to the bridge is so intricate! They are also posed beautifully, and the lighting makes it look almost as though they really are performing, especially the cellist figure! As a lover of classical music, these are very cool.

They are musician today, maybe be the Transporter or Crank guy tomorrow😆Glad you like them though

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

Ephiane

Ephiane
What a fantastic Thread and so much wonderful Pictures. I made so much unconventional figures Laughing

One of them is for sure the Ogre Gugakrugh.

What is your most unconventional figure? Aajjy211

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum