OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your most unconventional figure?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

davidd

Yeah, I gotta agree, the classical strings players are "unconventional," since the action figure hobby tends to emphasize military or movie franchise characters. Excellent examples here of thinking beyond the norm!

Plus... the extreme dramatic posing is an exciting deviation from the usual "standing" poses we see in figure pics.

helianthus

lawlaw91 wrote:Oh this thread is mean for pics?Time for pouring:

My collection is not really called to ‘unconventional’ , more like a mess 2 dollar stores😂But mix and match is really fun, most of the time I can get some ‘unique’ surprises through the experiments, which cannot be found on ‘conventional’ theme based action figure.

Take 3 of these above for example, the barbarian, T1000 and Crysis, they are well made and high quality but for me they more like a decoration than action figure, because all those parts and clothes are well tailored on each other, they don't meant to let you alter anything, if not broken, so, I just not able to do anything else to them or only take some photos and stick to their theme all the time, it is boring:

Now I have 90% of misc stuff for any kind of different build in future, so I can say 90% of my whole collection are unconventional stuff👀😶🌫

The figures of yours which are playing musical instruments are very interesting, the instruments themselves are quite accurate, everything from the scroll to the bridge is so intricate! They are also posed beautifully, and the lighting makes it look almost as though they really are performing, especially the cellist figure! As a lover of classical music, these are very cool.

lawlaw91

helianthus wrote:The figures of yours which are playing musical instruments are very interesting, the instruments themselves are quite accurate, everything from the scroll to the bridge is so intricate! They are also posed beautifully, and the lighting makes it look almost as though they really are performing, especially the cellist figure! As a lover of classical music, these are very cool.

They are musician today, maybe be the Transporter or Crank guy tomorrow😆Glad you like them though

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

Ephiane

What a fantastic Thread and so much wonderful Pictures. I made so much unconventional figures Laughing

One of them is for sure the Ogre Gugakrugh.

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 Aajjy211

Zes

Zes
I don't necessarily have an unconventional figure per se, but I do have a shelf of my 1/6 scale seamless ladies with this guy in the middle. A bit out of place.

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 26231110

I really need to grab a 1/6 scale diecast knight from COOMODEL or POP Toys at some point.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Ephiane wrote:What a fantastic Thread and so much wonderful Pictures. I made so much unconventional figures Laughing

One of them is for sure the Ogre Gugakrugh.

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 Aajjy211

I love that shot! bounce bounce bounce

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah awesome shot. You thought of every detail. It is like out of a fairy tale.

Did you close their eyes in post?

Valiarde

Valiarde
Zes wrote:I don't necessarily have an unconventional figure per se, but I do have a shelf of my 1/6 scale seamless ladies with this guy in the middle. A bit out of place.

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 26231110

I really need to grab a 1/6 scale diecast knight from COOMODEL or POP Toys at some point.

Also a really unique figure. Custom pieve or is that from an older series?

And I would say, get some PopCostume Diecast figure, they are better than Coo. Especially the new Genoese Archer looks excellent.

Zes

Zes
Valiarde wrote:Also a really unique figure. Custom pieve or is that from an older series?

And I would say, get some PopCostume Diecast figure, they are better than Coo. Especially the new Genoese Archer looks excellent.

It's a custom kit I picked up in Japan in summer 2019. He's Yurt from the videogame "Demon's Souls". It's probably the rarest thing I own.

I have heard great things about PopCostume; I might grab one of them, especially one with copper armor.

ukshaun

ukshaun
TravelGuide wrote:My figures are pretty conventional. What's not so conventional is the amount of places Lexi has been (photographed). Like Fuerteventura, the French Alps (she's visited the Tour de France), several bridges in France and Germany, Roman ruins and well in Germany, she's seen the replica of the Batavia (a 17th century ship), the Moselle, Rhine and Saar rivers, but she has also walked in the snow in the park nearby. Pics can be found in the links in my signature.

And her travels have inspired some others to take their figures outside too.

I have to admit, i have never taken a 1/6 figure on holiday.
It was fun reading that you do Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
ukshaun wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:My figures are pretty conventional. What's not so conventional is the amount of places Lexi has been (photographed). Like Fuerteventura, the French Alps (she's visited the Tour de France), several bridges in France and Germany, Roman ruins and well in Germany, she's seen the replica of the Batavia (a 17th century ship), the Moselle, Rhine and Saar rivers, but she has also walked in the snow in the park nearby. Pics can be found in the links in my signature.

And her travels have inspired some others to take their figures outside too.

I have to admit, i have never taken a 1/6 figure on holiday.
It was fun reading that you do Smile
Well, she's an actionfigure. It wouldn't be fair to lock her up in a glass cage.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Surely a minotaur is also unconventional?  Very Happy

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 222

BAMComix

BAMComix
So cool!

davidd

davidd
Okay, the Minotaur gets my vote for Most Unconventional... at least as shared in this topic thus far! Shocked

Valiarde

Valiarde
I think Eph has so many strange characters in her collection that the most unconventional figure is probably a standard m33 body with a standard head. It would totally stand out in her collection Razz

Anyway, that Minotaurus is great love your chars. OVerall I like the giant pic a bit more personally, but having multiple awesome creatures is so cool.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I'm not even sure what is my most unconventional figure. I don't have sth super out of my thing. I collect knights, star wars, lord of the rings, DnD and general fantasy and horror.

But I will still post a horror figure here.

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 GwQWKnVh

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane, always a pleasure to see your utterly awesome Minotaur.
Simon, good point about Ephiane's collection, and I absolutely love this beastly knight!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks  Friends.
Oh, what a scary guy, Val. I wouldn't want to meet him in the dark. I think he bites heads off.

I'll continue because I think the post is so good. Please show more of your unconventional characters. I know you have tons of them.

Oh...  a Gobbo, a Wolfen, a Elf and  Swamptroll Bertha.  Laughing

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 P1080111

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 P1070812

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 5bd4b912

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 20190531[/url]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I remember some of these, but a couple of them are new to me. Beautiful gnarly work, Ephiane!

Diana

Diana
Beautifully unusual figures all around! And ridiculously photography skills on top! I love you 
I don't really have any unconventional figures so I'll just sit back and enjoy:

lawlaw91: Love your cellist and violinist especially. 
Eph: That ogre is quite special, but that's to be expected coming from you. Wink And that minotaur... WHAT A FACE!!! I love him! Laughing The others, too, but... what's that elf's body? I don't recall ever seeing a figure with such define arms! Unless it's the M32 (Bruce Lee body) maybe?
Zes: What a striking figure! Impressive indeed!
Valiarde: That figure is cool!! Did you paint him red or is he the other symbiotes? I don't remember seeing a red venom...  Inquiring minds what to know. cyclops

Valiarde

Valiarde
Eph do you sculpt most of these monster heads with greenstuff/2k? Such a wide range of chars.

@diana: you mean Carnage? Well I dont remember the sculpt, but I found the 3D file somewhere and Ovy was kind enough to print it for me. So it is a full custom head. I went for red because of this body. But I think I like my red Night King head for it a bit more. So i might need to find a new body for the symbiote...Smile

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice to see your creations again, Ephi. Awesome stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 1f10

DarthJ

Action figures wearing fashion doll clothing seems to be an unconventional idea.

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 Img_8611

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 Img_3211

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 Img_0026

Diana

Diana
Valiarde wrote:@diana: you mean Carnage? 
Maybe. Yes. I know there are more symbiotes beyond these two and I think even another red one, so I was being overly correct. Laughing

DarthJ, those are beautiful ladies! Love that coat the first two are wearing, and the way you put it all into a scene. NICE!

DarthJ

The coat is from Faerie Glen, a British company that made some beautiful clothing for fashion dolls in the 1960s-70s. Still plenty on Ebay but unfortunately for EU citizens mostly from UK.
As for the little scene it circumvents the rule that in my workplace I couldn't place any decoration if it wasn't related to my employers' business.

BAMComix

BAMComix
I guess the ones that spring to mind are my Twi-leks. They weer my first custom figures I made after joining here, a few years back.

Sinya.

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 51127438033_af8dd2353c_c

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 51128339315_bd1a75a725_c

and her sister, Seela,

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 51221143370_759b4bd679_c

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 51220835189_bc8d51a9b9_c

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh, no, Seela has a split tentacle! I mean lekku. Smile I love your Twileks, Dal.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Cool Twi’leks. To bad about the crack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

What is your most unconventional figure? - Page 2 1f10

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh, no, Seela has a split tentacle! I mean lekku. Smile I love your Twileks, Dal.

Stryker2012 wrote:Cool Twi’leks. To bad about the crack.

Thanks guys! Yeah, those are quite old pics, and Seela is awaiting repair. I've been busy with he comic and I just keep forgetting to repair her. Rest assured though, she will be repaired soon Very Happy .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum