OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ovy

Ovy
[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  07-edited

The Eldar - or Aeldari - are an ancient species. They once dominated the galaxy, a long time before the Mon'Keigh - the ones who call themselves humans and now have spread through the galaxy like a pest. The Eldar were created sixty million years ago by the Old Ones, to be wielded as mighty psionic weapons for their War in Heaven.

But their species is dying. After their fall 10000 years ago, the Eldar civilzation lost their main homeworlds and is currently scattered among the stars and interdimensional webway, in different factions and allegiances.

The ones known as Asuryani inhabit planetoid-sized vessels known as Craftworlds.

The cruel Dark Eldar or Drukhari inhabit an ancient city within the interdimensional Webway, known as Commoragh.

The Exodites inhabit verdant Maiden Worlds in small communities, leaving the wonders of technology behind them.

Other Eldar travel the galaxy as outcasts, renegades, corsairs, and pirates known as Anhrathe.

The Mon'Keigh call the form of the Eldar "humanoid", only revealing their mind-numbing arrogance and idiocy.
[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  001

Their armor ist made of wraithbone, which is chanted into existence from the Immaterium by Bonesingers. Their bodysuit is made of Nanomesh
[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  002

Ynguriel originates from a Craftworld. These survivors underwent a complete social reform, to prevent the grave mistakes of the past which led to their doom. Here, their lives would no longer be spent in pursuit of their wishes, pleasures, and wanton natures. Instead every individual is focusing on a certain discipline, studying and practicing it for decades, centuries or even longer, until it is mastered - it is called the Path or 'Ai'elethra'.
[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  003

After mastering a discipline, the Eldar chooses a new path and the process will begin anew. Ynguriel was a builder, a crafter, a healer, a mystic. Her latest Path was that of a Storm Guardian, a protector of their world, in function compareable of the regular military forces of lesser species.
[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  004

Each new role does not completely replace the previous, but merely adds to the Eldar's accumulated experience. As Eldar pass through these different roles they explore the many aspects of their own character. An Eldar of a thousand years or more will usually have experienced many different roles and attained a very sophisticated understanding of the universe.
[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  005

Some Eldar leave the confined paths of the craftworld behind. Sometimes they will return with new experiences, or join the depravities of the Dark Eldar. Or die and be consumed by the Dark Gods. When a fleet of Eldar pirates aided their craftworld in repelling an attack, Ynguriel chose to leave her Craftworld behind, to join the corsair fleet known as the Dathigir, The Void Thorns.
[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  006

This life was radically different from the ones she knew. Much more dangerous, exciting, fullfilling and uncertain.
[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  012

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Lovely character, thanks for sharing! The streamlined look works beautifully and futuristically realistic and serious. The armor looks suitably organic. The backstory is compelling, too. I have on occasion questioned your naming of characters, but it all works very well here (one minor nit: the Old Ones created the Eldars, whose name is inextricably reminiscent of Elder, which arguably ought to be older than something else that is old). Is the visor another inventive use of a spoon? Will we see her interacting with other characters?

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Damn that's cool. I can't really tell but did you dye the body underneath or is it some really fine fabric? Either way that's a cool custom figure, I think this is the first Eldar in 1/6 I've seen.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  1f60e

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! She is so cool Ovy! I just showed this to my wife, Louise (Who has a massive Elder 40K army btw) and was super impressed with what you've created! You really have captured the stylishness, yet fierceness of his ancient race. Do you have any plans to make a Death Jester, to add to the ranks?

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Cool pictures, Ovy! I love your 40K-stuff. Coincidentally, I also considered making a Warhammer 40K figure for the AFD-contest and even collected a few items for a adepta sororitas. But I gave up, when I realized that I would need a 3D-printer to make all the missing parts.

Valiarde

Valiarde
It is definately a trope that isn't common in the hobby, so very refreshing to see. And Ralf, you can also use Worbla like Ovy instead of 3D. Or find someone who prints you stuff.

As for the Eldar, the armor is awesome and the whole figure really well done. Love to see more charakters and races from 40K

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This figure is soooo fascinating to me. I don't know a lot about the source material, but I'm highly impressed by this visual design. How did you even think of such a thing? The colours, materials, and so on. Did you do any 'concept art' sketches for this one? Cause it's just so beautifully designed and executed that I can't help but be curious about the process! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ephiane

Ephiane
A wonderful addition to your Warhammer 40,000 universe. She's gorgeous. Maybe you'll find time at some point to show her without a helmet with a beautiful elf head.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Pretty cool looking figure. I love that you made the majority of her outfit. Neat background.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  1f10

Visisonor

Visisonor
I really dig the idea of long-living species.
Interesting design of the armor, and I'm also interested in how she looks under the helmet.

Ovy

Ovy
"The Webway is a labyrinthine dimension utilised by the Eldar for faster-than-light travel, existing as a labyrinth between the Materium and the Warp. It exists as a part of both yet existing in neither. In fact, it has been described as not being a true dimension but instead a complex network of capillaries and arteries. This forms a maze of glowing tunnels making a mystic tapestry of hidden threads that spread between the veil of realspace and warp space. Ultimately, it is a construct that spans the dimensions. Elements of its construction include complex psychic wards to protect it from being breached and hyperspatial pathways. Present day Eldar do not fully understand the exact shape or form of the Webway."

It can not be described in words or picture, it doesn't necessarily follow our Euclidean Geometry, rather Hybrid Hyperbolic Geometry and is probably much weirder as can be seen in the following. Still, it is an essential way of travel for the Eldar.

[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  10-editedb

[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  02-edited

[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  05-edited

GubernatorFan wrote:Lovely character, thanks for sharing! The streamlined look works beautifully and futuristically realistic and serious. The armor looks suitably organic. The backstory is compelling, too. I have on occasion questioned your naming of characters, but it all works very well here (one minor nit: the Old Ones created the Eldars, whose name is inextricably reminiscent of Elder, which arguably ought to be older than something else that is old). Is the visor another inventive use of a spoon? Will we see her interacting with other characters?
Thanks a lot! Yeah it looks very streamlined now, I actually wanted to add more cloth and details and belts over the armor, but wasn't totally happy with the fabric I had. And yes it's ok that the armor looks organic. Over the decades there have been different interpretations and depictions of how Eldar armor looks, some look very smooth alien/vacuumformstromtrooperlike, others very beksińskiesque and organic. Worbla made a middle ground possible.

The Helmet is an enlarged 3d print of this 3d model. Like all 3d models based on Game Workshops Warhammer Figures, these interpretations are not official and differ from the official design. Also the proportions vary, they tend to be stylized and detaisl exaggerated, unlike realistic small scale military figures for example.
[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  Resize-spaceelf-male-pose5-icon

On the naming, well the Eldar called the Old Ones who were there long before them Old Ones, while the young races like humans mostly never heard the Old Ones even existed, for them the Eldar might be the oldest Species. How these names came to be I don't know, getting into the rich lore of this world is a bottomless hole, it's more like a giant information puzzle compared to more straightforward stories of other franchises.
This site is a good base, but a lot of complex interwoven story to discover.
https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Aeldari
https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Old_Ones
If one prefers videos, luetin09 is a good youtube channel.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Damn that's cool. I can't really tell but did you dye the body underneath or is it some really fine fabric? Either way that's a cool custom figure, I think this is the first Eldar in 1/6 I've seen.
Thanks a lot my dear spectral detonation device! It's good that you can't tell, that was the idea.
It’s a s47 body painted in black oil pastels. First saw a black tbleauge (Month) used by Randam as a bodysuit for his armored sci fi warrior, but I could not get a month body.

BAMComix wrote:Wow! She is so cool Ovy! I just showed this to my wife, Louise (Who has a massive Elder 40K army btw) and was super impressed with what you've created! You really have captured the stylishness, yet fierceness of his ancient race. Do you have any plans to make a Death Jester, to add to the ranks?

That is so awesome to hear! Greetings and much thanks to your wife, maybe she’ll allow you to snap some pictures of her army, feel free to post them here.

The posability was very important for me on this one, hope I’ll make use of it some day with dynamic action pics.

And yes I am working on something similar to the Death Jester, a ‘regular’ Harlequin Troupe Member (For those who don’t know, the Harlequins are dimension traveling Space Elf Murder Clown SpecOps Jester Storyteller Actor Badass Circus Ninjas with cool masks, antigravitation belts and some really nasty weaponry)

Randam Hajile wrote:Cool pictures, Ovy! I love your 40K-stuff. Coincidentally, I also considered making a Warhammer 40K figure for the AFD-contest and even collected a few items for a adepta sororitas. But I gave up, when I realized that I would need a 3D-printer to make all the missing parts.  
Thanks so much! Yeah a Soroitas would be very awesome but also hard/time consuming to pull off. I’d probably use a female Gothic Knight as a base and work from there. Or go full Worbla again, haha. 3D Printing would help a lot too, it made my Preacher possible.

Maybe you remember I once asked you about that Month body when you used it for your space warrior.

Valiarde wrote:It is definately a trope that isn't common in the hobby, so very refreshing to see. And Ralf, you can also use Worbla like Ovy instead of 3D. Or find someone who prints you stuff.

As for the Eldar, the armor is awesome and the whole figure really well done. Love to see more charakters and races from 40K
Thanks a lot, at least two more will be shown some day.

skywalkersaga wrote:This figure is soooo fascinating to me. I don't know a lot about the source material, but I'm highly impressed by this visual design. How did you even think of such a thing? The colours, materials, and so on. Did you do any 'concept art' sketches for this one? Cause it's just so beautifully designed and executed that I can't help but be curious about the process! Smile
Thanks sooo much! Although rather different from my typical topics, the armor experience with Worbla helped a lot.
I mostly formed the armor from Aluminum foil directly onto the body, and from those I created stencils for worbla. The worbla was formed directly onto the body in most cases, like with my Bronze Loc Warrior. It is an interpretation of the regular Eldar foot soldiers, the Eldar Guardians. I might snap some pics of the miniatures for the next post.
As with all 40k figures, those are out of proportion and rather stylized, so I had to reinterpret the scale.
I chose the s47 for it’s height. Used the heel-feet and sculpted boots onto them that look flat, to make her even taller.

Ephiane wrote:A wonderful addition to your Warhammer 40,000 universe. She's gorgeous. Maybe you'll find time at some point to show her without a helmet with a beautiful elf head.

Thanks a lot! Yes she has an Elf head, it was a human/regular elf head 3d model I distorted and lenghtened and narrowed bit in 3d editing software, to make it look more alien like. I also chose to keep the eyes black for the same reason.

Stryker2012 wrote:Pretty cool looking figure. I love that you made the majority of her outfit. Neat background.
Thanks a lot sir. The background are are audiovisuals, photographed the figure in front of the monitor.
I don’t remember all vids use, but many pics were shot in front of this:

Visisonor wrote:I really dig the idea of long-living species.
Interesting design of the armor, and I'm also interested in how she looks under the helmet.
Thanks a lot! Well I realized most unhelmeted pics look bad because of alignment errors with the neck, I will have to revisit those. But here is one I liked. The Sword is cut from balsa wood and reinforced with miliput sculpy.

[2/25/24] Ynguriel, Eldar Corsair - No helmet pics  007

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I confess that at first I thought you had created something entirely your own. Still looks excellent all the same. And I think she is a little bit shy, given the atmospheric darkness of the helmetless photos. Very artistic!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the additional explanations and info, Ovy! it's nice at least that there's room for creativity in the interpretations of the 'official' designs.

And the unhelmeted version is incredible, beautiful photo. She looks determined and formidable, and suitably alien!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum