OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

21Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:50 am

shazzdan

The smithy needs some charcoal. I was going to pyrolise these wooden offcuts into proper charcoal but realised that they would smear everything they touched with black crap so I opted for matt black paint instead.
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 157prby

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 UTXuZal

Can't remember where I got the basket from. It is woven from bamboo so I applied a stain to darken it.
Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 T7jw3nG

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 QoO0OmK

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 IqRdtdh

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

22Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:12 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
The basket of charcoal looks excellent.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

23Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:43 pm

ReverendSpooky

Dude, everything in this build looks amazing!!! That grinding wheel is my favorite, but damn, everything is looking so slick! I'm trying to be responsible as we move into the Christmas shopping season, but SERIOUSLY considering grabbing that off your etsy store.

http://reverendspooky.com

24Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:05 am

shazzdan

Been experimenting with bits of wire - bending them to shape and smacking them with a hammer. They need some weathering but they are made of mild steel so there is no need to paint on some artificial rust. I'll just leave them outside for a few days.

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 V6oriIg

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 CYPGKUs

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 9LLbfV7

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

25Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:33 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
The big thing that is missing at the moment is the forge. I've drawn a sketch of the furnace and planned how to build it, but I'm not sure about the bellows. I'm going to try modifying a set of commercial bellows first. If that doesn't work, I'll have to make some from scratch.

26Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:28 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Man, this is outstanding work. I really like it a lot.

27Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:09 am

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
I gotta admit, I'm liking what you did with the wire...with a bit of weathering, as you mentioned, they'll look great...

28Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:38 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Found this flower pot. It is about the right size for a half barrel in 1:6. Should look good as a storage bin in the smithy.

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 VXeXwye

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 AcehND8

29Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:20 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Could even work for a dowsing tub. Nice find.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 C8485110

30Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:52 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
looks like you're all set..!!
any plans to work on a diorama from all these killer props ?

31Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:34 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Allotropos wrote:looks like you're all set..!!
any plans to work on a diorama from all these killer props ?

Same question! I am loving all of these, so I'm really want to see photos of them all together. Such a cool project, and each piece looks so perfect, it makes me want to see them all in a scene.

http://reverendspooky.com

32Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:07 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Of course. I said that in the first post but I can't do much without the forge - the entire scene has to be built around it. I can't make the furnace until I get the bellows sorted out. I'm waiting on a set of commercial fireplace bellows to see if it can be modified. If not, I'll have to make it from scratch.

33Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:02 am

PureEnergy

Fantastic beginnings with exquisite detail. Great craftsmanship; everything being so finely fabricated.

It does seem that your approach may be somewhat anachronistic with regard to a specific era, but I’d love to see the finished product befitting of a more medieval milieu.

In any case, this is going to be an amazing diorama.

34Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:06 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
PureEnergy wrote:It does seem that your approach may be somewhat anachronistic with regard to a specific era, but I’d love to see the finished product befitting of a more medieval milieu.
I deliberately said "old fashioned" rather than "medieval" because I haven't decided whether to do a 18th-19th century blacksmith or one set in an earlier time period. I was hoping that I could do both with only small changes to the scene.

35Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:27 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
shazzdan wrote:Of course. I said that in the first post but I can't do much without the forge - the entire scene has to be built around it. I can't make the furnace until I get the bellows sorted out. I'm waiting on a set of commercial fireplace bellows to see if it can be modified. If not, I'll have to make it from scratch.

In the mean time I'm tinkering with other things to add to the scene, such as lengths of chain and pieces of steel. Here are some farming tools I might hang on a wall or leave near the workbench. The shovel is just a plastic novelty spoon to which I added a wooden handle and painted. The hoe is made from steel.

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 M9qlAtb

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Q1833hv

36Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:55 am

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
Maybe it's me, but I don't see why the forge is what's stopping you from putting all of these props together..you're good at 1/6th so I'm imagining that you know about how much space the forge would take...why not build around that? I agree with the others that want to see these props start coming together in a cool dio...

37Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:47 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
I don't know how much space I need until I get the bellows. The forge consists of the furnace with the bellows sticking out of the side along with the rig to operate it.

Edit: bellows arrived today. I think I might be able to use it so no need for another scratch build.

38Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:50 am

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
shazzdan wrote:I don't know how much space I need until I get the bellows. The forge consists of the furnace with the bellows sticking out of the side along with the rig to operate it.

Edit: bellows arrived today. I think I might be able to use it so no need for another scratch build.

Excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all comes together...

39Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:50 am

PureEnergy

Mr. Razz wrote:Maybe it's me, but I don't see why the forge is what's stopping you from putting all of these props together..you're good at 1/6th so I'm imagining that you know about how much space the forge would take...why not build around that? I agree with the others that want to see these props start coming together in a cool dio...

You know what they say about the rise of Rome, Mr. Razz…  

Albeit divine the hand of Shazzdan; even the universe is said to have taken Him the better part of a week to accomplish.  Not to mention the subsequent exhaustion that necessitated a Holy Sabbath dedicated solely to meditation, recovery and heavy rest…

But, behold!  He hath made, of a spoon, a shovel!  

Actually, it’s all remarkable ingenuity.  However, this idea, itself, is simply too tantalizing, and we must be chomping at the proverbial bit a bit…  

Select a setting already!  

Use your Marvel, of which you are Captain, are you not?  (The Capdan?)

Hurry up and set it up already!  

(No pressure intended...  None whatsoever…)

Wink

40Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:04 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
PureEnergy wrote:But, behold!  He hath made, of a spoon, a shovel!

Not quite as impressive as turning water into wine but I'll take the compliment Smile

Here is the shovel
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-100Pcs-lot-Disposable-Cake-Scoop-Shovel-Shape-Dessert-Stick-Ice-Cream-Spoon/302973098602

Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 S-l1600

41Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:35 am

PureEnergy

shazzdan wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:But, behold!  He hath made, of a spoon, a shovel!

Not quite as impressive as turning water into wine but I'll take the compliment Smile

The man feigns modesty…  

And the spirit was of such light and lightness that those gathered in his midst became as drunken about him…

Thus, “water becometh wine,” my friend…  Smile

So gather up your wee utensils and your twigs and whatnot and assemble the miraculous already!

42Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:51 am

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
PureEnergy wrote:

Meh, not a big deal. I do that everytime I eat... Twisted Evil

43Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:59 am

PureEnergy

Mr. Razz wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:

Pardon me, Mr. Razz, but you've got that one reversed...  

I do believe that you mean to say that you rather make, of a shovel, a spoon! Evil or Very Mad

44Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:06 am

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
PureEnergy wrote:
Mr. Razz wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:

I do believe that you mean to say that you rather make, of a shovel, a spoon! Evil or Very Mad

No, I said it exactly the way I meant it...anyway, back to the topic...

45Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:13 am

PureEnergy

Mr. Razz wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:
Mr. Razz wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:

Oh, no, my friend.  You had meant that you use a shovel whereas others use a spoon...  

I shall always tell you what you mean, sir, and absolutely so for free.   Wink

The topic is “Blacksmith's Workshop” - thus, both shovels and spoons remain quite relevant.  

Also, not to be persnickety; but it’s forge, not gorge

And it’s Shazz, not Razz

Razz

46Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:24 pm

dadrab

dadrab
There's so much goodness going on in this thread...

47Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:59 am

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
PureEnergy wrote:
Mr. Razz wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:
Mr. Razz wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:

Oh, no, my friend.  You had meant that you use a shovel whereas others use a spoon...  

I shall always tell you what you mean, sir, and absolutely so for free.   Wink

The topic is “Blacksmith's Workshop” - thus, both shovels and spoons remain quite relevant.  

Also, not to be persnickety; but it’s forge, not gorge

And it’s Shazz, not Razz

Razz

Wrong

48Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:10 am

MerylAkiba

I like it, reminds me of Skyrim forging

49Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratchbuild - Blacksmith's workshop Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:52 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
You're getting quite a collection of props together. Can't wait to see figures and the forge. Keep it coming!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum