OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

101Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:55 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree, excellent work, and excellent presentation, as usual!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

102Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:41 am

blackpool

Thanks a lot mates!

103Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:00 am

Ephiane

OMG ! A eddie murphy figure, the heros of our 80ies. I try to check all the releases of new figures, but sometimes one fly deep under my radar. Many thanks for showing ! You pose all You figures like in the movie scenes. Btw.... The gesture he use in the last picture means " all OK " in the diver scene. In traffic in the big citys that mean (censored) Very Happy

104Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:41 pm

ReverendSpooky

I think I mentioned on instagram, but man, I can't look at the Beverly Hills Cop figure and not smile. Too perfect. As soon as I see him, it just takes me back. And those photos are so perfect. You always completely nail the feel of the movie the figure's from. Incredible!

http://reverendspooky.com

105Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:25 pm

ZombieTestSubject

I dont know what is more amazing -- your collection or what you do with it. You got skillz for sure. Hope you keep it up.

106Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:29 am

blackpool

blackpool
Ephiane wrote:OMG ! A eddie murphy figure, the heros of our 80ies. I try to check all the releases of new figures, but sometimes one fly deep under my radar. Many thanks for showing ! You pose all You figures like in the movie scenes. Btw.... The gesture he use in the last picture means " all OK " in the diver scene. In traffic in the big citys that mean (censored) Very Happy

Haha I know, I actually never really understood what he was meaning with it in the movie Very Happy

ReverendSpooky wrote:I think I mentioned on instagram, but man, I can't look at the Beverly Hills Cop figure and not smile.  Too perfect.  As soon as I see him, it just takes me back.  And those photos are so perfect.  You always completely nail the feel of the movie the figure's from.  Incredible!

Thanks a lot bro, here is one more for you, I'll let you caption this one lmao

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Beverl13

ZombieTestSubject wrote:I dont know what is more amazing -- your collection or what you do with it. You got skillz for sure. Hope you keep it up.

Thanks a lot for the kind words, I do try to keep it up but time has been missing a bit lately...

107Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:55 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
"And when did they make YOU a judge!?" Smile

108Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:10 pm

Illusion

Illusion
WOW - as a newbie I have browsed the whole thread... what a wealth of awesome pics cyclops

Excellent posing (reminds me again that I should work on mine Rolling Eyes ), great backdrops, superb effects...

"I'll be back."

109Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:22 pm

Diana

Diana
How did I miss this thread before??
These photos are so good! Thank you! Very Happy

110Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:30 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
The recreations of especially the Lethal Weapons scenes are brilliant! They're so recognizable!

IMO the headsculpts of most of the characters aren't quite right for me. They're somewhat alike, but mostly they're a bit off. But that's not really anything you can do about.

111Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:17 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! I am so pleased I found this thread! Your collection and photo skills always amaze me away! Your attention to detail is simply breathtaking. It was so great to see some of my older faves again, like Riggs! and now you have an Axel Foley too! That is just beyond cool.
For me though, your Starskey and Hutch are just outstanding. I loved that show as a kid!

112Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:23 am

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:"And when did they make YOU a judge!?" Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Illusion wrote:WOW - as a newbie I have browsed the whole thread... what a wealth of awesome pics cyclops

Excellent posing (reminds me again that I should work on mine Rolling Eyes ), great backdrops, superb effects...

"I'll be back."

Thanks a lot for that kind feedback Illusion! Posing is indeed key, I try my best by taking screenshots of movies, pictures of people on the street, kinda anything as reference, but the outfits can be quite restrictive, and even the best jointed bodies have anatomical limitations (I wish my collection was 100% phicen/TBL in fact!)

Diana wrote:How did I miss this thread before??
These photos are so good! Thank you! Very Happy

Hehe Thanks a lot Diana! I confess I made a few lonewolf threads before starting to group my pics under two main "marvel" n "hollywood" threads... SO you should fine some lonely posts here and there Laughing Razz

TravelGuide wrote:The recreations of especially the Lethal Weapons scenes are brilliant! They're so recognizable!

IMO the headsculpts of most of the characters aren't quite right for me. They're somewhat alike, but mostly they're a bit off. But that's not really anything you can do about.

Thanks a lot!

Indeed headsculpts quality vary a lot from a brand to another, and while the latest hot toys have spectacular level of detail and accuracy, unlicensed short runs are not in the same league... And since my collection is mainly dedicated to movies of my youth, the choices and offers are very limited, except going for custom requests which is not in my budget even if I bought a few artists heads...

BAMComix wrote:Wow! I am so pleased I found this thread! Your collection and photo skills always amaze me away! Your attention to detail is simply breathtaking. It was so great to see some of my older faves again, like Riggs! and now you have an Axel Foley too! That is just beyond cool.
For me though, your Starskey and Hutch are just outstanding. I loved that show as a kid!

Thanks a lot BAM! I have to work Starsky and Hutch over, and shoot them properly in some street action...

For now I'm just happy I finally finished a long time project around Back to the Future, the high school musical auditions with Marty and his band, the "Pin Heads"!

Walls are printed, the amplifiers too (applied to cardboard simple boxes), wires are tiny rope with electrical black tape to mimic the jacks, instruments were found on ebay... Hope you'll like!

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Bttf_011

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Bttf_010

113Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:14 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic! you got it spot on!

114Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s awesome. Love the band. I’ve been meaning to get a drum kit for a mini-me (played in a Metal/“Hair Band” in High School; still mess around for fun). Always nice to see musicians.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 C8485110

115Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:59 pm

Diana

Diana
Ooooooh, you beautifully captured the spirit of live music! These look great!! Great setting all around! Nice to see what a printer, a little cardboard and rope/tape can do. Very Happy

116Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think I can almost hear "Johnny be good" (was that the song?) looking at the great photos. Beautifully done.

117Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:48 pm

Chip

Love what you do with your figures , the photography and collection are both superb .

118Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:01 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
How excellent! you set up the scene wonderfully, but it's your awesome photography and posing that brings it to life!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

119Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:30 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Good work.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

120Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:41 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
BAMComix wrote:Fantastic! you got it spot on!
Indeed. A real well put together scene.

121Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:53 am

ZombieTestSubject

Holy cow those are some beautiful pics. Most of them just like stills from the movies. Awesome work.

122Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon May 10, 2021 10:02 am

blackpool

blackpool
BAMComix wrote:Fantastic! you got it spot on!

Thanks a lot BAM!

Stryker2011 wrote:That’s awesome. Love the band. I’ve been meaning to get a drum kit for a mini-me (played in a Metal/“Hair Band” in High School; still mess around for fun). Always nice to see musicians.

Same here, been meaning to build a rock band for such a long time, it brings back awesome memories from when we thought we'd become the next kurt cobain lmao

Diana wrote:Ooooooh, you beautifully captured the spirit of live music! These look great!! Great setting all around! Nice to see what a printer, a little cardboard and rope/tape can do. Very Happy

Thaks a lot Diana!!! Indeed I try my best at doing cheap dioramas, the money spent on figures is already insane, I used to build prime quality models for my architecture studies, but I don't spend anymore on high quality materials (I should but heh!)

GubernatorFan wrote:I think I can almost hear "Johnny be good" (was that the song?) looking at the great photos. Beautifully done.

Thanks a lot Ian! (indeed that was the song!)

Chip wrote:Love what you do with your figures , the photography and collection are both superb .

Many thanks Chip! I can't keep them exposed as I miss room in my apartment so that's the best way I've found to have some fun with them once in a while!

skywalkersaga wrote:How excellent! you set up the scene wonderfully, but it's your awesome photography and posing that brings it to life!

Awwww thanks a lot for the kind words Sky! (hope you'll like my next set up, tried my best at getting something moody!)

ukshaun wrote:Good work.

Thanks a lot!

TravelGuide wrote:
Indeed. A real well put together scene.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

ZombieTestSubject wrote:Holy cow those are some beautiful pics. Most of them just like stills from the movies. Awesome work.

Thanks a lot! I try to do various things, crossovers, original concepts, but I must admit the recreation of movie scenes is a very funny and interesting exercise, it teaches me a lot in terms of light, composition, and posing!

Here is my latest diorama project, I've always been a great fan of director David Fincher, and Se7en is one of my favortie movies of all time!

Again the diorama is more simple than it looks, painted cardboard for most furnitures, printed bricks for the walls, and two plastic bathroom vents for the shutters n windows!

Hope you'll like!

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Seven_11

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Seven_12

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Seven_10

123Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon May 10, 2021 10:03 am

blackpool

blackpool
From another scene...

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Seven_13

124Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon May 10, 2021 11:30 am

davidd

davidd
Plastic bathroom vents for the windows and shutters! That was inspired! They look the part as windows, while allowing you to create the lighting effect! Nice!

125Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon May 10, 2021 11:47 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Holy Cow ! that pics are a masterwork. The light comes from the window slits is amazing. The figures and the dios are so full of details like the mugshots Very Happy I love that littel typewriter, what a musem piece. And the two guys sleeping are so Great Laughing

126Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon May 10, 2021 12:39 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
beautifully captured blackpool! truly inspiring my friend Very Happy

127Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon May 10, 2021 12:49 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow. Just amazing. Masterful work on the diorama and bits and pieces as always, but the shuttered light just worked miracles in making this ultra-realistic. Hat's off to you (pretty much permanently...).

128Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon May 10, 2021 11:24 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Great shot and pose. Looks so real. Nicely done buddy.

129Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 5 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Tue May 11, 2021 4:49 am

Diana

Diana
These are amazing!!! Gorgeous lighting and wonderful details all around. And the posing is very natural on top. Great work as always! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum