OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 30]

341discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Hello from PrvtNoClass Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:28 am

PrvtNoClass

Hello, PrvtNoClass reporting.

For the longest time i did only WWII mostly eaten front and north Africa. But several years ago i got the star wars bug. I haven't purchased anything new in quite some time and Hot Toys had effectively proceed me out of the Star Wars game. I do modify some of the hasbro offerings. Haven't had much time, but starting to find done time.

342discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:19 am

jaztermareal

PrvtNoClass wrote:Hello, PrvtNoClass reporting.

For the longest time i did only WWII mostly eaten front and north Africa.  But several years ago i got the star wars bug. I haven't purchased anything new in quite some time and Hot Toys had effectively proceed me out of the Star Wars game. I do modify some of the hasbro offerings. Haven't had much time, but starting to find done time.

WELCOME!!!

I too like Star Wars but not HT prices... The Bandai 1:6 trooper kits make for good mid range figures and are fun to build, plus loads of customizing potential. Smile

343discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:54 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Welcome aboard. Glad you decided to make the jump. Feel free to share anything you like here — WWII, Star Wars, whatever. We welcome all types of collectors, bashers, customizers, etc..

344discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:02 pm

skywalkersaga

Welcome to a fellow SW collector! Smile I feel your pain about HT prices.... ;_;

345discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:24 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed welcome aboard PrvtNoClass.

346discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:18 pm

PrvtNoClass

I do have a couple of the Bandai stormies. I would love to see them offer their droids in 1/6. I think those would fly off the shelves.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

347discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:50 pm

Undead_Soldier

Undead_Soldier
Hello all,

I was Undead on OSW so I figured I would carry it over. Saiko invited me and its nice to see a LOT of the old names from there. I figured I would post here before jumping in completely.

I started in 1/6 over 10 years ago. I picked it up from my old man and ran with it. Recently it has taken a back seat to my 1/12 collection. The prices and lack of space have played key factors. I still dabble and have projects in the works it's just a matter of sitting down and actually working on them.

I will try to show off my collection if I can find the photos. I moved last year and I don't have as much room to show everything off so I will have to go to the "archives". It will also help to get more acquainted with this new forum.

348discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:49 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hey! Glad to see you could make it, Undead. Good to see some of the Old Site folks still finding their way over.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 C8485110

349discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:26 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Welcome, Undead Soldier! I love your Papa Emeritus III pic!!! :')

Looking forward to seeing your collection photos. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

350discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:23 am

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Welcome! good to see you here!

351discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:24 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Welcome aboard Undead Soldier!

352discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:44 am

Thom Cruz

Thom Cruz
Hey all. I'm not only new to this forum, but to collecting 1:6 figures in general. One one hand it's been a... frustrating process. Sellers don't usually make it clear what will match well with what, so it winds up being trial and error. Heads the wrong color/size, clothes that don't fit, etc.

But on the other hand, it's been really fun to locate the exact right things for each figure - and it feels awesome when everything arrives and the finished figure looks fantastic. I honestly just began collecting these figures to use them as models for drawing, and I only intended to get two males and two females of different body types. But I wanted them to look cool just sitting around, too, so I spent a ton of time putting their looks together. And now I'm totally addicted. My only regret is that I don't have infinite money to spend on this stuff. Laughing

Anyway, I really look forward to participating in this forum!

353discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:34 am

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Thom Cruz wrote:Hey all. I'm not only new to this forum, but to collecting 1:6 figures in general. One one hand it's been a... frustrating process. Sellers don't usually make it clear what will match well with what, so it winds up being trial and error. Heads the wrong color/size, clothes that don't fit, etc.

But on the other hand, it's been really fun to locate the exact right things for each figure - and it feels awesome when everything arrives and the finished figure looks fantastic. I honestly just began collecting these figures to use them as models for drawing, and I only intended to get two males and two females of different body types. But I wanted them to look cool just sitting around, too, so I spent a ton of time putting their looks together. And now I'm totally addicted. My only regret is that I don't have infinite money to spend on this stuff. Laughing

Anyway, I really look forward to participating in this forum!

Welcome aboard!
the hobby can be confusing even for longtimers given the vast number of brands etc but to be honest that is what keeps it fresh. customising is half the fun!

354discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:57 am

Thom Cruz

Thom Cruz
jaztermareal wrote:Welcome aboard!
the hobby can be confusing even for longtimers given the vast number of brands etc but to be honest that is what keeps it fresh. customising is half the fun!

Yeah, I can see how that would be the case. A high degree of challenge/puzzle solving can make success feel even better. sunny

355discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:40 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Thom. Indeed, trial and error is part of the learning process, and sadly, even when you become “experienced”, you will find there is still trial and error. If you’re not into buying Boxed Sets, I think you’ll find kitbashing and customizing is often much more satisfying to have something uniquely your own. Don’t worry about how long it takes you to complete a figure, sometimes it can take years to get just the right look you are looking for; just enjoy the process.

356discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:25 am

Thom Cruz

Thom Cruz
Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome aboard, Thom. Indeed, trial and error is part of the learning process, and sadly, even when you become “experienced”, you will find there is still trial and error. If you’re not into buying Boxed Sets, I think you’ll find kitbashing and customizing is often much more satisfying to have something uniquely your own. Don’t worry about how long it takes you to complete a figure, sometimes it can take years to get just the right look you are looking for; just enjoy the process.

Thanks! The few figures I've gotten so far have mostly been slowly pieced together, using clothes and accessories from many sources. And the frustration hasn't dampened my enthusiasm at all. I did also buy the Mr Toys Conan figure, but the custom ones are definitely more satisfying to own. I'm pretty much hooked now. Cool

357discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:05 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thom Cruz wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome aboard, Thom. Indeed, trial and error is part of the learning process, and sadly, even when you become “experienced”, you will find there is still trial and error. If you’re not into buying Boxed Sets, I think you’ll find kitbashing and customizing is often much more satisfying to have something uniquely your own. Don’t worry about how long it takes you to complete a figure, sometimes it can take years to get just the right look you are looking for; just enjoy the process.

Thanks! The few figures I've gotten so far have mostly been slowly pieced together, using clothes and accessories from many sources. And the frustration hasn't dampened my enthusiasm at all. I did also buy the Mr Toys Conan figure, but the custom ones are definitely more satisfying to own. I'm pretty much hooked now. Cool

Uhoh! Well... welcome to the madness, anyway. Very Happy

358discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:50 pm

Thom Cruz

Thom Cruz
Stryker2011 wrote:Uhoh! Well... welcome to the madness, anyway. Very Happy

Thanks! clown

359discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:06 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed Welcome aboard Thom!

360discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:59 am

kelo1

Hi all i m 34  from Romania and this are the first peices of my collection with more to come soon. discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 12152211 I also have other stuff discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 12152212
discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 12152310
discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 12152710

361discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:11 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, kelo1. That’s an interesting collection.

Side note: while I don’t speak Romanian, a couple close friends of mine are from your country.

362discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Some really cool pieces there. And I can see where you're building up your Roman forces. Smile

363discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:37 am

kelo1

The Emperor calls and Rome s loyal sons must answer!!!

364discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:14 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Welcome aboard, kelo1! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

365discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:18 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Welcome aboard guys!

@kelo, you'll have to treat us with a tour of your tiny figures collection, I'm very curious! Are they some warhammer? hand painted? (we have a lil section for "non 1/6th scale")

@thom I've been doing that for fifteen years and it's still very often confusing, frustrating, but also so rewarding and fun!

366discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:57 pm

kelo1

It s done i posted some picture of some of my minis i still have more Smile also at work

367discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:44 pm

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
kelo1 wrote:Hi all i m 34  from Romania and this are the first peices of my collection with more to come soon.

welcome aboard!

I recently bought that Division 2 collectors edition figure too, nice piece

368discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:47 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Hi all! thanks for letting me join the forum. Some of you may know me from other forums? I enjoy the 1/6 hobby greatly and have made some amazing friends. I hope you enjoy my work, the standard here seems really High!

369discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 15 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:15 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome to the forum, BAMComix. We’re always glad to see members from around other sites.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum