OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 30]

526discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:50 pm

davidd

londonroadhog wrote:
At this time, I started learning a lot more about Photoshop too. Thus a whole new experience to the Figure Hobby could evolve.

You've only been working with Photoshop for a couple of years, and have picked it up on your own in your spare time? I had no idea! Impressive work you're doing!

And yeah, the blacksmith dio is impressive, with the glowing coals in the forge!

527discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:07 pm

londonroadhog

davidd wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:
At this time, I started learning a lot more about Photoshop too. Thus a whole new experience to the Figure Hobby could evolve.

You've only been working with Photoshop for a couple of years, and have picked it up on your own in your spare time? I had no idea! Impressive work you're doing!

And yeah, the blacksmith dio is impressive, with the glowing coals in the forge!

Thanks Dave… Well, I’ve been “trying” to figure out Photoshop for some time. Mainly just used Lightroom, with a tiny bit of Photoshop. I never could really figure out Photoshop, it was too big and too much in it. None of it made any sense to me. But because of lockdown, I started to play with it more, and really try to figure it out. One day, I had that lightbulb moment. From that point on, it all sort of made sense to me, and that’s how I’ve managed to do what I have.

528discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:47 am

BAMComix

Good too see you getting stuck in here mate! You'll fit right in

529discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:12 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Belated welcome, londonroadhog. Sounds like you've been busy with a lot of dios and photography (and I've seen how well you've picked up PS).

530discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:10 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Welcome LRH!!

BAMComix wrote:Good too see you getting stuck in here mate! You'll fit right in

I got this emailed to me in message form and thought "that's a bit cheeky, I've been a member since the start! Perhaps I've been on sabbatical for too long Shocked "

Now it all makes sense! Laughing LMFAO.

531discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:39 am

londonroadhog

Thanks Dal.

532discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:39 am

londonroadhog

Stryker2011 wrote:Belated welcome, londonroadhog. Sounds like you've been busy with a lot of dios and photography (and I've seen how well you've picked up PS).

Thanks, Mark is it?

533discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:40 am

londonroadhog

shovelchop81 wrote:Welcome LRH!!

I got this emailed to me in message form and thought "that's a bit cheeky, I've been a member since the start! Perhaps I've been on sabbatical for too long  Shocked  "

Thanks ShovelChop - now that's a name I like....

534discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:14 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
londonroadhog wrote:

I got this emailed to me in message form and thought "that's a bit cheeky, I've been a member since the start! Perhaps I've been on sabbatical for too long  Shocked  "

Is the Hog in your username referring to H-D like mine then? Smile

535discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:17 pm

londonroadhog

shovelchop81 wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:

I'm afraid you've lost me there with the H-D...

The history behind Roadhog, is that I am a Brit, and used to live in the US. Of course I learnt to drive on the opposite side of the road. So, I figured I'd get a custom license plate of ROADHOG, and set up an email address of London.Roadhog to go with it... I've since moved back to the UK, but have kept the moniker and the email address.

536discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:28 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
londonroadhog wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:

The history behind Roadhog, is that I am a Brit, and used to live in the US. Of course I learnt to drive on the opposite side of the road. So, I figured I'd get a custom license plate of ROADHOG, and set up an email address of London.Roadhog to go with it... I've since moved back to the UK, but have kept the moniker and the email address.

I'm in the UK and used to live in Daytona Beach Florida for a few years lol. H-D is Harley Davidson and HOG stands for Harley Davidson Owners Group officially but has been slang for a Harley for much longer. Shovelchop is short for a Harley Davidson Shovelhead engine chopper (which is a custom built bike usually very long and low, mine's 8ft+ long).

537discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:33 pm

londonroadhog

shovelchop81 wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:

I'm in the UK and used to live in Daytona Beach Florida for a few years lol. H-D is Harley Davidson and HOG stands for Harley Davidson Owners Group officially but has been slang for a Harley for much longer. Shovelchop is short for a Harley Davidson Shovelhead engine chopper (which is a custom built bike usually very long and low, mine's 8ft+ long).

Ah.. Gotcha! I knew HOG was slag for Harley Davidson, but it had just slipped my mind. Unfortunately, no, I am not a Harley rider. In fact my mother caught me riding a friend's moped when I was 16, and she made me a deal... If I promised never to ride a motorbike, she'd pay for my driving lessons... I took the deal, and have never ridden a motorcycle of any form since. She was in an accident when riding a motorbike, so she didn't want the risk of something like that happening to me... Of course, I am an only child.

538discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:45 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
londonroadhog wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:

Ah.. Gotcha!  I knew HOG was slag for Harley Davidson, but it had just slipped my mind. Unfortunately, no, I am not a Harley rider. In fact my mother caught me riding a friend's moped when I was 16, and she made me a deal... If I promised never to ride a motorbike, she'd pay for my driving lessons... I took the deal, and have never ridden a motorcycle of any form since. She was in an accident when riding a motorbike, so she didn't want the risk of something like that happening to me...  Of course, I am an only child.

I'll have to take your word on being a child lol! I started ridding motorcycles in Greece where I grew up at around 10 years old, large bikes when I was 15 I think. Sure I've crashed a lot and broken a leg but was usually my fault and would manage it all on my own being plastered! Landed in a tree once... Smile

539discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:58 pm

londonroadhog

shovelchop81 wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:

Ah.. Gotcha!  I knew HOG was slag for Harley Davidson, but it had just slipped my mind. Unfortunately, no, I am not a Harley rider. In fact my mother caught me riding a friend's moped when I was 16, and she made me a deal... If I promised never to ride a motorbike, she'd pay for my driving lessons... I took the deal, and have never ridden a motorcycle of any form since. She was in an accident when riding a motorbike, so she didn't want the risk of something like that happening to me...  Of course, I am an only child.

I'll have to take your word on being a child lol! I started ridding motorcycles in Greece where I grew up at around 10 years old, large bikes when I was 15 I think. Sure I've crashed a lot and broken a leg but was usually my fault and would manage it all on my own being plastered! Landed in a tree once... Smile

LOL.. I think that's exactly what my mother was trying to avoid. Of course, instead I have a desire for fast cars instead... Not that I can afford most of them.

540discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:11 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
londonroadhog wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Belated welcome, londonroadhog. Sounds like you've been busy with a lot of dios and photography (and I've seen how well you've picked up PS).

Thanks, Mark is it?

Yes, indeed.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 C8485110

541discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:32 am

couturiervite

couturiervite
Realized I never introduced myself. Can't say it's my favorite thing to do as shy, anxious person, and the pandemic making a mess of things⁠—especially for a hobby that relies heavily on small Chinese upstarts⁠—definitely didn't help. Pretty much put 1/6 anything on hold for almost a year.

Dolls and action figures were always my favorite growing up. As an adult, this culminated into my love for ball-jointed dolls, a hobby I've been involved in for 13... 14 years? I don't own many (currently six), but the few I do are very dear to me, each one heavily customized to represent original characters from my writing.

Anyway, I only recently started to take note of 1/6 action dolls again a few years ago. Seamless bodies, a much wider array of female sculpts (though there's still a lot of work to be done when it comes to ethnic diversity...), and fantastical themes after so many decades of the same ol' Allies vs. Axis military shenanigans all made for a breath of fresh air.

I don't have much, and none of it is particularly special, I suppose; two shelves worth of fullsets, unofficial kits, custom bashes that never seem finished... whatever appeals to me, or pops in my head. 1/6 does a great job filling in the few tiny gaps where BJDs tends to be more limited, while still being quite detailed, making both very enjoyable for me on multiple spectrums. 🖤

542discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:20 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, couturiervite (albeit late). I’m looking forward to seeing your custom figures based on your writing. It’s always cool to see such things.

543discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:08 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome!

544discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:26 pm

Elvis2500

Hello all! Excited to find another 1/6th-oriented board. I'm 23 years old and have been collecting since my early teen years, beginning with some 12" GI Joes from the revival era (90s-00s), although I've only recently made the dive into 1/6 modeling and kitbashing, partly for cost reasons, and partly because, as a non-crafty person with pathetically weak motor skills, the labor side (well, I call it labor anyways) of figure building intimidated me a fair bit. Military and Star Wars are my primary focuses in this scale, and I hope to share some of my work soon, after I get done marveling at everybody else's stuff!

545discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:42 pm

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Elvis2500 wrote:Hello all! Excited to find another 1/6th-oriented board. I'm 23 years old and have been collecting since my early teen years, beginning with some 12" GI Joes from the revival era (90s-00s), although I've only recently made the dive into 1/6 modeling and kitbashing, partly for cost reasons, and partly because, as a non-crafty person with pathetically weak motor skills. the labor side (well, I call it labor anyways) of figure building intimidated me a fair bit. Military and Star Wars are my primary focuses in this scale, and I hope to share some of my work soon, after I get done marveling at everybody else's stuff!

welcome! please do share your stuff, great to see everyones collections Smile

546discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:42 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looking forward to it, Elvis. Nice to have another Star Wars guy aboard. Smile

547discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:45 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Elvis. Please share what and when you can. And, don’t get intimidated, or feel you have to be “as good as the best among us” — anyone who makes custom/kitbashed figures was a beginner at some point, and it takes years for many to become skilled at it. Don’t sweat the small stuff— this is supposed to be a fun hobby, though costs can make us all a bit short-tempered and resentful. Look around, enjoy what you see, and don’t be afraid to ask questions — there are many different experience levels here, and plenty of collected knowledge.

548discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:08 pm

Elvis2500

jaztermareal wrote:
Elvis2500 wrote:Hello all! Excited to find another 1/6th-oriented board. I'm 23 years old and have been collecting since my early teen years, beginning with some 12" GI Joes from the revival era (90s-00s), although I've only recently made the dive into 1/6 modeling and kitbashing, partly for cost reasons, and partly because, as a non-crafty person with pathetically weak motor skills. the labor side (well, I call it labor anyways) of figure building intimidated me a fair bit. Military and Star Wars are my primary focuses in this scale, and I hope to share some of my work soon, after I get done marveling at everybody else's stuff!

welcome! please do share your stuff, great to see everyones collections Smile

Thanks for the welcome! As much as I enjoy making and building my own figures, seeing what everyone else puts out is what really does it for me.

GubernatorFan wrote:Looking forward to it, Elvis. Nice to have another Star Wars guy aboard. Smile

Star Wars is definitely my main bag for collecting in general. Your Imperial Mechanical Crew figure post on OSW is actually what drove me over to this site!

Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome aboard, Elvis. Please share what and when you can. And, don’t get intimidated, or feel you have to be “as good as the best among us” — anyone who makes custom/kitbashed figures was a beginner at some point, and it takes years for many to become skilled at it. Don’t sweat the small stuff— this is supposed to be a fun hobby, though costs can make us all a bit short-tempered and resentful. Look around, enjoy what you see, and don’t be afraid to ask questions — there are many different experience levels here, and plenty of collected knowledge.

Thanks for the welcome and words of encouragement. What I enjoy most about boards such as these is the opportunities they afford for learning from other hobbyists, will definitely take advantage of that here!

549discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Elvis2500 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Looking forward to it, Elvis. Nice to have another Star Wars guy aboard. Smile

Star Wars is definitely my main bag for collecting in general. Your Imperial Mechanical Crew figure post on OSW is actually what drove me over to this site!

Thank very much you for the kind words. You'll find more of that -- and other derivative silliness -- over here. Much of it in the Photo Stories section.

550discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:37 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Elvis2500 wrote:Hello all! Excited to find another 1/6th-oriented board. I'm 23 years old and have been collecting since my early teen years, beginning with some 12" GI Joes from the revival era (90s-00s), although I've only recently made the dive into 1/6 modeling and kitbashing, partly for cost reasons, and partly because, as a non-crafty person with pathetically weak motor skills, the labor side (well, I call it labor anyways) of figure building intimidated me a fair bit. Military and Star Wars are my primary focuses in this scale, and I hope to share some of my work soon, after I get done marveling at everybody else's stuff!

Welcome aboard.

551discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:41 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome to OSF!

552discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:21 pm

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
I don't know how long I may remain this time around. I may or may not have much to post and respond.

~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 23116610

553discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:18 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Glad to see you back, my friend. Regardless of how long you decide to stick around.

554discussion - OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 22 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:42 pm

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
Hello,

I am a complete novice in the 1/6 doll domain... I just learned about this just one week ago! Bought my first doll (TBLeague S09C) two days ago, and am absolutely fascinated by the possibilities which this doll (and also others) offer for visual story telling!

I have begun to shoot a few photo picture series, and I made a website where I am showing them. Since I am interested in visualizing erotic scenes with these beautiful female dolls, I decided to call my these pictures "one/sixth-uals", with a connotation to the term "sexual". I hope that this is ok for this forum.

And my website is: www.onesixthuals.com . In these two past days I have already created a collection of photoshoots with my doll, and I did post all the pictures on that site. These are not really stories, but I just practiced the various poses of the doll. I hope you enjoy this picture collection!

And I hope to find good advice and interesting inspiration on this forum here!

Cheers!

https://www.onesixthuals.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum