OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSF Member Introductions . . .

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 30]

401OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu 29 Oct 2020 - 20:12

ThePhotogsBlog

BAMComix wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Hi all! thanks for letting me join the forum. Some of you may know me from other forums? I enjoy the 1/6 hobby greatly and have made some amazing friends. I hope you enjoy my work, the standard here seems really High!

Good to see you here Mate!  I think the folks from Kimono Station and BAM HQ might have a few amusing chats here also.

bounce bounce bounce  Thank you! I agree, the two HQ's have formed a great friendship! bounce bounce bounce

Well, if you want to to respond to my call for trainees with the same stuff we posted on AMMO, the call can be found here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3334-kimono-troop-post-apocalyptic-traning-courses

402OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri 6 Nov 2020 - 13:29

davidd

BAMComix wrote:Hi all! thanks for letting me join the forum. Some of you may know me from other forums? I enjoy the 1/6 hobby greatly and have made some amazing friends. I hope you enjoy my work, the standard here seems really High!

Hey! FIELD STATION 42 on Ammo! Puuikibeach on Flickr. the_dolly_dungeon on Instagram. davidd everywhere else.

403OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri 6 Nov 2020 - 13:32

BAMComix

davidd wrote:

Hey! SCU-HQ on Ammo! Puuikibeach on Flickr. the_dollie_dungeon on Instagram. davidd everywhere else.

So pleased you made it here Dave, you'll love it! bounce bounce bounce

404OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri 6 Nov 2020 - 16:22

ThePhotogsBlog

davidd wrote:

Hey! SCU-HQ on Ammo! Puuikibeach on Flickr. the_dollie_dungeon on Instagram. davidd everywhere else.

Good to see you here Dave. There are some really talented modelers here. You will like it.

405OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri 6 Nov 2020 - 17:31

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, davidd.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 C8485110

406OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Chip Sat 7 Nov 2020 - 18:26

Chip

Hi All , I been in and out of 1/6th since I can remember , had action Man as a kid , went AWOL when I found Women and Alcohol ect Shocked Laughing , came back in in my early 20s collecting Action Man again when I see he still had a following at toy fairs , along came 21st century and I got into the NAM figures , not much else has changed , I drift off when life and other hobbies grab a hold , but I keep coming back , it`s a very hard hobby to leave . bounce Recognise some names here from other forums like AMMO and OSW back in it`s day . Got a shout to look here from Blondeactionman . It looks quite an active forum for the times . Be nice to catch up with some old forum buddies .

Regards Chip

407OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat 7 Nov 2020 - 18:32

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hello, Chip, and welcome. Fell free to share your collection.

408OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat 7 Nov 2020 - 18:38

davidd

davidd
Hey, Chip! Looks like Dal is leading an invasion force!

It seems that BAMComix, aka Influence Man as he has come to be known on the Action Man Mobile Ops forum, has been on a roll lately when it comes to recruiting new members for OSF, assisted by ThePhotogsBlog. Now that I'm here, I may as well post a more complete bio.

I'm known as FIELD STATION 42 on Ammo, Puuikibeach on Flickr, the_dolly_dungeon on Instagram, and davidd everywhere else.

My introduction to online toy and figure forums was the now-defunct Pinky-Street.com forum and later the Dollie Mixtures forum, also long gone.

Currently I am active on Figurvore, Dolly Market Forum, and AMMO, and occasionally on Dollieh Sanctuary. I've been a long-time member on Flickr.

I'm fairly new to the world of seamless TBL/Phicen figures. After briefly looking in to them a few years ago, I decided they weren't for me after reading about their fragility and the special care they required. More recently, however, it began to look like the quality and durability of the figures has improved markedly, and I pestered some of the members at the Figurvor forum for months with seamless figure questions. After joining AMMO, the influence of Influence Man and others lured me further in to the murky depths of TBL/Phicen. Still, I wasn't entirely sold on them until this happened:

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Rif2
Resistance is Futile!

At this point I own well over a dozen seamless figures, all TBL/Phicens.

In addition to my newfound interest in seamless figures, I have a fair-sized collection of "playline" dolls and figures, including Monster High, a few Bratz (yeah, yeah, I know, but the Bratzillaz glow in the dark!), and a smattering of other brands. Of course, being an AMMO member, my army of 1:6 military action figures is growing, mostly "Joe" types as I replace figures from my childhood, but also a few 21st Century figs. I'm also still somewhat active with the smaller-scale Pinky Street figures, and I have recently become involved with the 1:3-scale Smart Dolls.

I'm looking forward to exploring this forum to get an idea of what is happening in the 1/6 action figure world of today, to explore older topics to see how the genre has evolved over the past few years, and to pick up some photography, figure posing, and diorama-building tips.

I am already overwhelmed by the quality of the dioramas and customs I see on the OSF forum. If EXTREME DIORAMA were a sport, there would be a lot of Olympic contenders among the members of this forum!

409OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sat 7 Nov 2020 - 20:52

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Chip wrote:Hi All , I been in and out of 1/6th since I can remember , had action Man as a kid , went AWOL when I found Women and Alcohol ect  Shocked Laughing  , came back in in my early 20s collecting Action Man again when I see he still had a following at toy fairs , along came 21st century and I got into the NAM figures , not much else has changed , I drift off when life and other hobbies grab a hold , but I keep coming back , it`s a very hard hobby to leave . bounce   Recognise some names here from other forums like AMMO and OSW back in it`s day . Got a shout to look here from Blondeactionman . It looks quite an active forum for the times . Be nice to catch up with some old forum buddies .

Regards Chip

Welcome aboard Chip. You would know me as "Kimono Troop Command" over on AMMO. Dave and Dal got me to join AMMO, so I seem to have planted the seed in Dal's head to join this forum, which I've been a member of for nearly two years. It's a really good bunch of folks here. Great modellers and kitbashers, and a great source for information and advice.

410OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun 8 Nov 2020 - 3:14

BAMComix

BAMComix
Chip wrote:Hi All , I been in and out of 1/6th since I can remember , had action Man as a kid , went AWOL when I found Women and Alcohol ect  Shocked Laughing  , came back in in my early 20s collecting Action Man again when I see he still had a following at toy fairs , along came 21st century and I got into the NAM figures , not much else has changed , I drift off when life and other hobbies grab a hold , but I keep coming back , it`s a very hard hobby to leave . bounce   Recognise some names here from other forums like AMMO and OSW back in it`s day . Got a shout to look here from Blondeactionman . It looks quite an active forum for the times . Be nice to catch up with some old forum buddies .

Regards Chip

Hey Chip, so pleased you joined up, you'll love it here, and these guys will love your stuff! bounce bounce bounce

411OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Sun 8 Nov 2020 - 10:50

Chip

Thanks for the warm welcomes , thought I recognised that avatar Kimono T.C . Good to see Dal and Dave here too .

412OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Thu 19 Nov 2020 - 21:14

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Ya know, I realize I have never posted here, just ran with other posts on other threads and never made a proper intro. Sorry for the book.

My name is TJ, and I have a fun mix of hobbies/professional interests.

I am in my 30s, but was a wedding videographer for 15 years of my life (yes, I started when I was in my early teens) and recently left that job.

I am a computer hardware technician by hobby, and was a little by profession (please, if you have a Microcenter in your neck of the woods, treat their techs right. I worked there for 2 years and we got the short, short end of that stick), and currently work in software support at a pretty awesome start-up.

I have a MDiv in Christian Theology and hope to get my Ph.D. one day but the pandemic has made that interesting.

I enjoy building scale cars with LEGO (though my time is limited and you think this hobby is expensive...), and I am very particular that I am as accurate as possible in my sizing (1/8th to 1/10th scale is super useful with LEGO).

I love Star Wars, anime, videogames, and superheroes through I do not watch or play as much as I would like. Stupid adulthood.

I got into 1/6th after a good bit of deliberating if I really wanted to invest my time. Then I took the plunge and now my wallet has little hope. I am working on two projects actively, one is 90% done and the other is about 75%. I have enjoyed all the resources you guys have presented me and I am glad I have been able to contribute a little to it all on the body catalogue.

I cannot design with digital programs worth my life so I have taken to designing a lot of my accessories with polymer clay. I have kept it simple thus far, mostly bracers, but I am waiting on body armor and thigh armor to bake while I type this. I find it fun, relaxing, and I hope to eventually have the skills to make my own head sculpts!

413OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri 20 Nov 2020 - 1:57

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Better late than ever, TJ. Belated welcome. Real world responsibilities always seem to have a way of intruding n our fun, I definitely feel your pain. I have too many projects started, and swimming in my head, but between work and a new puppy, I have very little time to do any of them.

414OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Fri 20 Nov 2020 - 3:13

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome!

415OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty New Member Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 15:08

Seventhbrother

Hello everyone! Seventhbrother here.. I have been collecting/kitbashing for about ten years. My collection is about 50/50 retail to custom. I enjoy creating one-sixth scale African American subjects from film and pop culture because so many are overlooked. I am constantly learning and researching how to bring my ideas to life!

416OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 16:09

BAMComix

BAMComix
Welcome! looking forward to seeing your stuff!

417OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 16:15

Seventhbrother

Thank you! Will post soon

418OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 16:25

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Seventhbrother wrote:Hello everyone! Seventhbrother here.. I have been collecting/kitbashing for about ten years. My collection is about 50/50 retail to custom. I enjoy creating one-sixth scale African American subjects from film and pop culture because so many are overlooked. I am constantly learning and researching how to bring my ideas to life!

I will look forward to seeing your collection. One of the major gripes I have with manufacturers of seamless figures ad head sculpts is the almost complete dearth of African skin tones. I'd really like to have figures representing not only African-Americans, but also Africans....

419OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 16:31

Seventhbrother

ABSOLUTELY. We all enjoy heroes/pop culture/film/TV subjects of all backgrounds. I know that it's because the majority of stuff is produced in Asia and that there is a general feeling of what is deemed profitable/popular that keeps these type of figures limited. Its gotten SO much better but there is a lot of work to do.

420OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 17:15

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Seventhbrother. Very Happy

421OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 17:20

Seventhbrother

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Fb_img10
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Fb_img11

422OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 17:24

Seventhbrother

Sorry for repeat images lol. ThIs is a custom bash using a Seb's Customs sculpt that I painted and flocked for a concept Shaft/Black Dynamite inspired figure.

423OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 17:28

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Fixed it for you. That’s a pretty cool looking figure.

424OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 17:33

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, very sharp custom figure!

425OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 18:01

Seventhbrother

Thank you so much! This is my custom MF DOOM

426OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 18:04

Seventhbrother

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Fb_img14
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Fb_img15[url=https://servimg.com/view/20284130/5]

427OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 18:18

Seventhbrother

I started working on this flocking technique for afro hair a couple of years ago. This is a commission I did. I don't own this sculpt. It was part of a group project for Coming to America (Prince Akeem). The collector had a spare head sculpt and wanted me to tackle it.

OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 20191110
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 20191111
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 20191112[

428OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 18:23

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Seventhbrother wrote:OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Fb_img10
OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Fb_img11

That's a great figure!

429OSF Member Introductions . . . - Page 17 Empty Re: OSF Member Introductions . . . Tue 24 Nov 2020 - 18:27

Seventhbrother

That's a great figure!
[/quote]

Thank you so much!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum