OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

skywalkersaga

That sucks, brassco! Though it's not surprising...those things looked insanely flimsy. I don't understand why they didn't just give them cloth undergarments instead of that rubbery plastic material. It reminds me of rubber bands... I have some really small cheap rubber bands that I was using for 1/6 stuff, and I accidentally left them exposed to the air for a long time, and the next time I attempted to use them, they just snapped instantly. They had deteriorated that quickly. I guess those were maybe made of a similar material...

MeMyself&I

skywalkersaga wrote:That sucks, brassco! Though it's not surprising...those things looked insanely flimsy. I don't understand why they didn't just give them cloth undergarments instead of that rubbery plastic material. It reminds me of rubber bands... I have some really small cheap rubber bands that I was using for 1/6 stuff, and I accidentally left them exposed to the air for a long time, and the next time I attempted to use them, they just snapped instantly. They had deteriorated that quickly. I guess those were maybe made of a similar material...

Thickness of the material doesn’t help those either as they are easier to dry out then. *sigh* More to remember come future purchases I suppose. Cloth is the winner for sure.

brassco

I've asked my seller to check with TBleague, if they would issue me a new set of bikinis. My seller just notified me that TBleague will be sending them the damaged ones, added that those are "improved" version. Fingers crossed...

DarthJ

It is probably smarter not to try if it really has been "improved" ...

melony

melony
I have two questions if anyone would find it possible to answer -
If anyone compare and post pictures S34/S35 next to the S32/S33 to see the difference I would appreciate it.

And I saw in the video posted that her neck has a smaller pin as well as a review on Amazon that you can't put different heads on this doll. Can anyone confirm this?
On the other hand, I found a video on youtube with this body having a different head.

Sorry if these questions are annoying, this is my first time buying figures. Thanks so much to anyone who can answer them!!

Edit: I'm buying her anyway, and will test by buying a headless body and separate head, I will update with the result. And if there are issues hopefully Amazon allows me to return.
Still, I would love any information available.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
melony wrote:I have two questions if anyone would find it possible to answer -
If anyone compare and post pictures S34/S35 next to the S32/S33 to see the difference I would appreciate it.

And I saw in the video posted that her neck has a smaller pin as well as a review on Amazon that you can't put different heads on this doll. Can anyone confirm this?
On the other hand, I found a video on youtube with this body having a different head.

The main reference area on the TBLeague bodies in general is here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually#40047

It can give you some information on each body and various relevant issues, plus some links to relevant threads in this forum or outside it. Because S32A/S33B are quite tall in a line that has been generally perhaps a little too tall to begin with, and because S34A/S35A (S34/S35 if head included) cannot stand on their own (due to the seamless ankles), I cannot speak from experience on either of these two models. The petite bodies (S24A/S25B and S26A/S27B) did have smaller head neck pegs, which means that you would need to pack the inside of standard head openings to fit them. Perhaps you have encountered the same issue with the models you are looking at; at least in their case the overall size of the head would be of lesser concern than with the petite bodies (where many standard heads would have looked too big). So, in short, you will be able to swap heads no matter what, but some heads may need adjustment (which has always been potentially the case with any of the models).

Hope this helps.

melony

melony
GubernatorFan wrote:
melony wrote:I have two questions if anyone would find it possible to answer -

The main reference area on the TBLeague bodies in general is here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually#40047

It can give you some information on each body and various relevant issues, plus some links to relevant threads in this forum or outside it. Because S32A/S33B are quite tall in a line that has been generally perhaps a little too tall to begin with, and because S34A/S35A (S34/S35 if head included) cannot stand on their own (due to the seamless ankles), I cannot speak from experience on either of these two models. The petite bodies (S24A/S25B and S26A/S27B) did have smaller head neck pegs, which means that you would need to pack the inside of standard head openings to fit them. Perhaps you have encountered the same issue with the models you are looking at; at least in their case the overall size of the head would be of lesser concern than with the petite bodies (where many standard heads would have looked too big). So, in short, you will be able to swap heads no matter what, but some heads may need adjustment (which has always been potentially the case with any of the models).

Hope this helps.
Thanks, unfortunately, still there aren't the photos of the ones I'm looking for, but I appreciate it.

Yeah, I emailed Hiplay and they responded and said that the normal head I was thinking of buying would not fit on S34/S35, only on "european/western" ones. I'm not super sure what heads would fit this doll then. Sadly it's not very clear on any of the heads about which fit what.

I got a response from another person who had put a different head on: They also said that you have to do modifications in order to get different heads to fit, due to the smaller peg - probably what you were talking about, packing the inside.

In the end I cancelled the order and I'm considering just buying this model with the normal head, even though I don't enjoy the design, it's better than no head at all.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
melony wrote:Thanks, unfortunately, still there aren't the photos of the ones I'm looking for, but I appreciate it.

Yeah, I emailed Hiplay and they responded and said that the normal head I was thinking of buying would not fit on S34/S35, only on "european/western" ones. I'm not super sure what heads would fit this doll then. Sadly it's not very clear on any of the heads about which fit what.

I got a response from another person who had put a different head on: They also said that you have to do modifications in order to get different heads to fit, due to the smaller peg - probably what you were talking about, packing the inside.

In the end I cancelled the order and I'm considering just buying this model with the normal head, even though I don't enjoy the design, it's better than no head at all.

They aren't pictured because I don't own them (for the reasons indicated above) and no one who does has volunteered that type of photo for inclusion in the catalog. There are links to sites where you can view and order them.

There is little problem adjusting the head to fit, especially if the question is an overly small neck peg (the reverse, an overly tight neck adaptor that plugs into the hole in the head can be a bigger issue, especially if the neck adaptor is well glued and difficult to remove). You could just build up more volume with electrical tape or wound up elastic cord or line the head opening with a foamie; any of these things will give you a reasonably secure fit with any head. A separate issue is whether a head would look right in terms of proportions or skin tone.

You can see some illustration of such things in these threads (although their actual focus may be a little different) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1859-neck-connector-adjustment-tutorials-updated-with-part-ii-june-2019
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t310-head-conversion-tutorial-updated-with-part-iii-june-2019

melony

melony
GubernatorFan wrote:
They aren't pictured because I don't own them (for the reasons indicated above) and no one who does has volunteered that type of photo for inclusion in the catalog. There are links to sites where you can view and order them.

There is little problem adjusting the head to fit, especially if the question is an overly small neck peg (the reverse, an overly tight neck adaptor that plugs into the hole in the head can be a bigger issue, especially if the neck adaptor is well glued and difficult to remove). You could just build up more volume with electrical tape or wound up elastic cord or line the head opening with a foamie; any of these things will give you a reasonably secure fit with any head. A separate issue is whether a head would look right in terms of proportions or skin tone.

You can see some illustration of such things in these threads (although their actual focus may be a little different) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1859-neck-connector-adjustment-tutorials-updated-with-part-ii-june-2019
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t310-head-conversion-tutorial-updated-with-part-iii-june-2019
Ooh! My bad, I didn't check to see if you were the one who owned the thread. Yeah, I really appreciate all of your help, thanks so much for heading me in the right direction, especially with neck connector adjustment. I didn't know it could be as simple as sticking some tape on the connector, I feel a lot less worried now.

I believe the people at Hiplay said that the standard head would look too large for this body, as those were designed with the european/american bodies in mind. Perhaps only petite-ish heads look good on this body? I emailed them one more time to see if they can recommend any heads and will update with any response they have.

Thanks so much again!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
melony wrote:Ooh! My bad, I didn't check to see if you were the one who owned the thread. Yeah, I really appreciate all of your help, thanks so much for heading me in the right direction, especially with neck connector adjustment. I didn't know it could be as simple as sticking some tape on the connector, I feel a lot less worried now.

I believe the people at Hiplay said that the standard head would look too large for this body, as those were designed with the european/american bodies in mind. Perhaps only petite-ish heads look good on this body? I emailed them one more time to see if they can recommend any heads and will update with any response they have.

Thanks so much again!

Sorry, my original response was lost because of an unexpected power outage. Part of the privilege of living in California, I guess.

No problem.

You might want to pick up more than one head that you like and maybe even more than one body that you like, and then your chances of getting things to work together well will increase. I suppose what makes a difference with these bodies are the narrower shoulders. If that requires smaller heads, you may want to consider what has been said or shown in reference to the petite bodies (S24A through S27B), which also required smaller heads. It is not an exact science, but I think you can get some ideas by looking at the heads shown with them in the following threads (go through all the pages, as the images are scattered across many posts). Also, of course, what is shown on the TBLeague catalog thread that I linked earlier. I think unless you go for the very smallest of heads, you have a good chance of getting something that will work.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t627-tbleague-super-flexible-female-seamless-bodies-s24a-s27b#9379
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t793-suitably-scaled-heads-for-phicen-s27b

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I got me one of these. She indeed cannot stand on her own, and the bikinis don't last long (she had a 'wardrobe malfunction' in one of my shoots).

With a pair of shoes she can stand on her own. I bought a Combat Girl set from Flirty Girl, and with that she could stand on her own.
Adeno wrote:I like the blonde lady. To me, her face is quite deceptive or "fake innocent". It's like she's the type of girl who would pretend to being bullied, but in reality she's the bully lol! She can be the bad girl of my Phicen lady gang and start unnecessary trouble.
That's true.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 Img_4410

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 Img_4411

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 Img_4310

(She didn't stand on her own in the second picture: I held her steady there).

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks for confirming what I thought: like most seamless-footed figures, in boots and hi-tops that support the ankle to some degree (as in your photos) this will stand up OK. It's still not enough to convince me that is this is the way for TBL to go (as they sadly seem to be determined to, if their new Keir figure is any indication). How these figures can stand in flat shoes or heels that don't support the ankles is another matter entirely though (because they won't), and it renders the 'fully seamless' effect totally redundant (what's the point if you have to keep the ankles covered anyway?).

That said, I've got one on the way because they were going cheap on Alibaba in the run-up to Christmas.  Laughing

davidd

davidd
S34/S35 is one of my favorite TBLeague bodies. Yes, it can have independent standing issues, but I usually use my figures for photos and not as static displays, so it works for my purposes. And it poses well and looks so good!

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 50107532272_09b24edb3a_z
TBLeague S35 body
YM Toys YMT029 head sculpt
CAT Toys uniform

For what it's worth, clothing from some of Mattel's playline Wild Hearts Crew figures will fit the S35 body.
Here are a couple of comparison pics of Wild Hearts Crew Kenna Roswell and an S35 approximation of Kenna Roswell.
Once again, this figure features a YMToys head.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 S35aa

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 S35ab
Body: TBLeague S35
Head: YMToys YMT031
Clothing: Mattel Wild Hearts Crew
Shoes: I dunno... something from eBay

For this photo, the S35 managed to stand up unaided – for a little while, at least – in the low-top sneakers (which are rather stiff).

Diana

Diana
davidd wrote:S34/S35 is one of my favorite TBLeague bodies. Yes, it can have independent standing issues, but I usually use my figures for photos and not as static displays, so it works for my purposes. And it poses well and looks so good!

(img)

For what it's worth, clothing from some of Mattel's playline Wild Hearts Crew figures will fit the S35 body.
(...)
Wow! What a great find! Thank you! Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Has anyone tried VC Villa headsculpt with this body? I can use the Villa head on the s25b, but wondering if it works on this one as well...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:Has anyone tried VC Villa headsculpt with this body? I can use the Villa head on the s25b, but wondering if it works on this one as well...

I don't have my camera handy to take pics right now but my VC Villa sculpt has a very tight neck connection which I think is the original, and it fits OK on my 35 with a bit of tape around the neck peg (but I think the head looks a little too large, personally). A slightly smaller sculpt that looks better is this JXToys 'Avril Lavigne' sculpt that you can pick up fairly cheaply:

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 S-l1600

I imagine any of the YM 'Anna' sculpts would be a good fit for the pale body, but I don't have the 34 to try it out.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, GeeW! I can always count on you for these kinds of questions, lol! And that's a great alternative headsculpt recommendation, I keep meaning to pick that one up. And you're right that the Anna would probably be perfect.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There’s also alternative hairstyles of that sculpt without the pink streak if you don’t want to go full on Avril.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks, GeeW! I can always count on you for these kinds of questions, lol!

You're welcome as always, sky Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:There’s also alternative hairstyles of that sculpt without the pink streak if you don’t want to go full on Avril.

Yep, I should have mentioned that - of the two other variants the shorter blonder haired version is also nice, but the 'stripe' version looks more 'teen'.

As for the S35 body I just got - well, I do like the basic design (gargantuan boobs aside), but even so, all the disadvantages listed throughout the thread mean that I probably won't be buying more unless they bring out a version with detachable feet.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I understand completely -- I'm thinking of getting one of these bodies finally, but if I do, there will be a gooboo-style ankle/foot modification in its future, since I have zero use for a figure that can't stand or be properly posed.

davidd

davidd
More S35A fun:

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 50967937771_2b1d11bd5a_z

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 50967233443_d5779fb5a5_z

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 50968046607_3b413b27a7_z

Body: TBLeague S35A
Head: YM Toys YMT029
Uniform: CAT Toys
Boots: stolen from a "playline" Star Wars figure

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 50954155183_3bc53a0f2e_z

Head: YM Toys "Asian Star"
Uniform: MC Toys Military Style A

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 50945282372_c484e69c8f_z
Head: YMToys YMT027B
Outfit: various eBay items

Here's the "pale" version:

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 50870117788_0a8aa982f1_z

Body: TBLeague S34A
Head: FireGirl FG071C
Outfit: Mattel Wild Hearts Crew
Motor Scooter: New Ray 1/6 Scale Vespa VL 150 1T

brassco

brassco
I loved the last picture! Is that the scooter from Roman Holiday?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, nice photos but the last one takes the cake.

davidd

davidd
brassco wrote:I loved the last picture! Is that the scooter from Roman Holiday?

Oops! I meant to I.D. the scooter in the caption. I'll fix that!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Nice. I like their outfits.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like the ones with the jeep and the scooter. Nice shots all around.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2011 wrote:I like the ones with the jeep
I was actually wondering what it was. Looks like a kübelwagen.

davidd

davidd
TravelGuide wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I like the ones with the jeep
I was actually wondering what it was. Looks like a kübelwagen.

That is correct. It is the kübelwagen by 21st Century.

A Man

davidd wrote:
S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 7 50870117788_0a8aa982f1_z

Body: TBLeague S34A
Head: FireGirl FG071C
Outfit: Mattel Wild Hearts Crew
Motor Scooter: New Ray 1/6 Scale Vespa VL 150 1T

Brilliant posing with the New Ray scooter. I have been thinking about buying one of these for quite some time, and your photo is quite convincing...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum