OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Valiarde

I use a old head and removed parts of the back of that head to fit the poptoys helmet Razz

I also have the coomodel helmet you mentioned, this one is far bigger and easily fits bigger heads like "normal" man heads.

gooboo

Valiarde wrote:I use a old head and removed parts of the back of that head to fit the poptoys helmet Razz

I also have the coomodel helmet you mentioned, this one is far bigger and easily fits bigger heads like "normal" man heads.

Valiarde, you mentioned you switched out the original Poptoys body for another one. Can you post a picture of what the body looks like? I'm curious if there's a Phicen body that's similar in shape and proportions. I've been thinking of converting my knight to a Phicen body if there's a body type that's close enough.

csyeung

sucks that you are having trouble getting the head into the helmet. I think that's poor production design from poptoys. The armors do look nice.

Annalise

Valiarde wrote:I use a old head and removed parts of the back of that head to fit the poptoys helmet
Thanks, I like the old head idea. I have a very old tan Phicen head with no matching body I can try.

Do you think the Coomodel helmet would look way too big with this armour?

Valiarde

Valiarde
gooboo wrote:
Valiarde wrote:I use a old head and removed parts of the back of that head to fit the poptoys helmet Razz

Valiarde, you mentioned you switched out the original Poptoys body for another one. Can you post a picture of what the body looks like? I'm curious if there's a Phicen body that's similar in shape and proportions. I've been thinking of converting my knight to a Phicen body if there's a body type that's close enough.

I can post pics tomorrow. It is a basic poptoys body. Like the xing series. Maybe i also have some pics pn my phpne from undressing.

Annalise wrote:
Valiarde wrote:I use a old head and removed parts of the back of that head to fit the poptoys helmet
Thanks, I like the old head idea. I have a very old tan Phicen head with no matching body I can try.

Do you think the Coomodel helmet would look way too big with this armour?

I can put that coomodel helmet on her and show you pics...tomorrow. I own the full armored coomodel figures with these helmets. My guess is that it looks too big.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
gooboo -- I think Valiarde just meant that he had replaced it with another PopToys body, rather than a tbleague.

The tbleague body that is closest in height to the PopToys female bodies is the s25b. However, it is a completely different shape to the PopToys body, so I have a feeling the PopToys armour would not fit it properly at all.

Would be great if there were equivalent tbleague bodies to the PopToys -- they are some of the few 1/6 bodies that are both shorter in height *and* have actual small bust options.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

gooboo

I understand what he meant by replacing the body, I just wanted to see what it looked like without the armor, and if there was a similar tbleague body I could use instead. Even if I have to modify or cut it up a bit.

The hands that the knights come with are just terrible and fall of constantly.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Found the pics on my phone:

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20201211

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20201212

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20201210

I should have checked if the semi seamless xing body has better hands, but i only had the same body available as the defect one. So i still have problems with wesk hands on this figure.
Full tbleague would be better but also a bit wasted on a full armored figure like that.

gooboo

I know what you mean by "wasted" on a fully armored figure, but it's undeniable the Phicen hands stay on far better than these do. I would be interested in knowing if the xing body does better however.

Valiarde

Valiarde
gooboo wrote:I know what you mean by "wasted" on a fully armored figure, but it's undeniable the Phicen hands stay on far better than these do. I would be interested in knowing if the xing body does better however.

I checked my single xing body but the hands are pretty similar in their weakness to heavy die-cast weapons...so i guess it is not worth it.

Here are the helmet comparisons:

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210228

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210230

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210229

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210233

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210232

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210231

I added the helmet from armoured sergeants in the last pic because that is the biggest helm I ever saw for 1/6 Razz
I think the coomodel helmet is too large overall

Annalise

Annalise
Valiarde - Thanks for the photos. I agree, the coo is too big. Looks like it's time to prep that spare head for surgery...

gooboo

So is the knight's body the same as the pop toys xing body? I was thinking of getting one of those for something else, and if it is I would be able to look at the xing body and try to figure out which Phicen most closely resembles it.

Annalise

Annalise
An impressive looking set when all put together, isn't it? Thanks for that, Poptoys

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 48img_10

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Jeez, that helmet is really poor work.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
TravelGuide wrote:Jeez, that helmet is really poor work.

All the more so because everything else about the figure (well, except the hands, I guess) is really good work. We wouldn't be so frustrated about the helmet if this was generally a substandard figure anyway, but the opposite is true. I really do suspect that the source of the mistake was specifically something as stupid as to design it for a bald head and forgetting to take the hair into account. For much less of an imperfection than this, I remember e.g. Pangaea supplied everybody with a second corrected helmet on the Brad Pitt Greek General.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Maybe you and Annalise should contact your sellers about it. If enough people complain Poptoys may think of something. The easiest way would be to provide a bald HS, I guess.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Or an HS that can switch between bald and haired -- there are some (like an old DID Alexander), and others with a special helmet hair option (frequently enough, HT).

gooboo

Gonna bump this older post with some new surgery I did on my poptoys figure. I "fixed" the terrible hands by removing them entirely and using some tbleague hands instead. I took an older s28 skeleton that I removed from its body and cut off the arm bone above the wrist, then superglued them into the poptoys arm socket. So far it's stuck on fairly well, at least well enough for her to actually hold her sword and move her hand around.

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 Newhan11

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 Newhan10

This was probably a great deal simpler than trying to find a tbleague body that fit and armor and actually getting all the pieces off and on again. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they want to do the same thing with these figures, or another Poptoys figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's a brave modification. I'm glad it worked out.

venator5

venator5
I just order dragon knight on may 10, it is already en route, I really like the set up of this figure.

JohnByng

Wow! thanks for the heads-up everybody. I have both of these on their way to me. I will have try and work something- maybe other helmets and hands?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
They do seem very well done (apart from the helmets) but I'm just not really interested in the full sets. I did just pick up the Blonde 'Griffon' sculpt on its own though, and I love it; fierce and totally unglamorous. I do like what TBLeague are doing with their sculpts these days, but they still seem too reluctant to deglamourise their warrior women, so this makes for an ideal badass fighting woman. I'm less sure of 'Dragon' Knight's sculpt but I'll probably pick one up in the end.

That's not how you spell 'Gryphon', though Laughing

Annalise wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:And I love that pink Puma top.
My pleasure. Yes, I also love that top. I have to credit and thank GeeWillikers for the inspiration to track it down after seeing it in this post:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2781-new-product-ymtoys-1-6-mary-and-marty-female-head-sculpt

Thank you for the namecheck Smile . With them generally being a slightly looser fit than usual, those 'Barbie Fashionista' clothes are great for the slimmer/smaller/narrower-shouldered TBL bodies, and being part of the 'Fashionista' line there are also some really nice brand designs (Puma, Hello Kitty etc) among them. They can be hideously expensive, though Shocked

I do wish other 1/6 manufacturers would take a leaf out of Mattel's book and come up with some more interesting loose clothing designs other than either 'plain colours' or a very dull and narrow definition of 'sexy'.

venator5

venator5
My attemp to put on the helmet for the first time.

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210617
FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 20210618

It did not ended up being that bad, but I actually I figured out that the interior of the helmet if kinda padded and that padding is the one which takes some 1,5mm from each side makind the helmet too tight.

What do you think guys, Should we remove the padding? I see no point it being there. If you have to fight every time you will end up breaking the figure or the helmet sooner or later, and the hair on the head is giving padding anyway.

Is there a padding on the other helmet as well? Maybe that causing the issue too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm beginning to wonder if it wouldn't be better (not sure it is possible) to either substitute the head with one that fits more easily in the helmet or to attach the helmet, if possible, without any head inside -- just for when you want to display the figure with the helmet on.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if it wouldn't be better (not sure it is possible) to either substitute the head with one that fits more easily in the helmet or to attach the helmet, if possible, without any head inside -- just for when you want to display the figure with the helmet on.

Or to take a fantastic idea one step further, put the helmet on bald head, maybe even one that is known to run a little on the small side, and swap them out whenever you want.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Is it just lens distortion that makes it look like she has a giraffe neck?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 C8485110

Annalise

Annalise
My solution was to get a second griffin knight head to leave inside the helmet. For the dragon knight, because you can't see her face through the visor I bought a cheap KO golden Spartan Army Commander h/s and shaved her bald except for the long hair down the back. Now I can easily just swap the helmeted and helmetless heads and don't have to mess around.

venator5

venator5
I've got a solution for the dragon one!

I made a topic with pictures today on general talk.

Once I removed the padding on each side of the helmet It was not problematic to make the head fit in. (Both ears inside the helmet)

Once it was done it was really looked like on the promotional photos
FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 TcukRSl

I don't know how the orther helmet is looking inside but maybe a similar issue?

3Afr

3Afr
We see very few horses without all the equipment that is on him... so I share 2 images. Honestly I find the horse very "ugly"... just my opinion. Now I know that I would not buy this type of horse...  FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 1f60a

FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 Pop-kn11
FlyingDragonKnight - NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS: 1/6 Armored Series Europa Wars-(90% Alloy) Griffon Knight/Flying Dragon Knight & Warhorse - Page 3 Pop-kn10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum