OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

126NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:31 am

rollotomasi

Nice! Thanks to all of you for the info!
I don't think i have enough patience anymore to wait for *@#% TBL to make an S43 with detachable feet!

127NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:37 am

GeeWillikers

rollotomasi wrote:Nice! Thanks to all of you for the info!
I don't think i have enough patience anymore to wait for *@#% TBL to make an S43 with detachable feet!

I'm starting to think the same, and even when/if they do, it's still not exactly the same as the Viking Woman body, and they'll most likely tweak it in some undesirable way or other. But even so while the seamless feet on these and the S34/35 are more aesthetically pleasing, I kind of hope they aren't selling very well due to their sheer impracticality and TBL will be forced to release versions with detachable feet.

I think though, that TBL just might be deliberating over which one of the Viking Woman/Month variants to release as a base body (either, or even both, would be great for me).

128NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty tbleague s42 body standing Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:39 pm

Tabul

I wanted her to be able to stand up on her own and did manage with the zytoys shoes, she is not complete, missing her katana. oh, and the head is YM026D.
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Tbleague_s42_red_costume_by_adelphievs_denvjb3-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MjIxMiIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2I0MDZmOTBlLWU0NWMtNDcxOC04ODUzLWU3MmViZmQ2MWNmZlwvZGVudmpiMy1jMWMzY2I3ZS05ZTU4LTQ4ZWItOTI4OS01NmQ5ODc0N2NmZTEuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ

129NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:57 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Nicely put together, Tabul. And it's great she can stand with these shoes.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

130NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:54 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She looks really nice. Stiff shoes with ankle support are a must with the floppy-footed TBLs, and this is proof. Well done, Tabul.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 C8485110

131NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:16 am

Diana

Diana
She looks great! Interesting how that relatively small head (Anna, right?) looks good on this amazonian body, and that this set fits her, too! Smile

132NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:06 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The hollow Zy Boots are usually just right for helping the fixed-foot TBLs stand up for themselves, especially the older S01-09 models. Unlike most mid-to-high heeled 1/6 boots on the market, they actually have thicker sturdier heels on them that don't snap under the figure's weight five minutes after you've squeezed the boots on. The zips on these can be a bit tricky, but really only if you intend to remove them again at some point. It also helps if you put stockings or socks on the feet (or wrap them in film) before attempting to put them on.

I haven't been brave enough to try them with the bigger flatter feet on an S42/43 yet though, so well done! Smile

133NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:32 am

Tabul

Yes it is Anna with blue eyes, you are correct the head could be a little bit bigger but you get use to it (is one of the best head sculpts out there for a great price), besides you would need a really good camera to capture her real proportions. Her outfit is from Flirty Girl, hopefully they will create more superhero type costumes. I have to mention even though she is able to stand on her own she has weak ankles limiting her poses but everything has a solution, just use double sided tape to secure her footing and maybe reinforce the back of her shoes with a hard thin plastic Smile, here is a picture for reference against PL2020-173 with the s43 head.
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Tbleague_s42_vs_tbleague_pl2020_173_by_adelphievs_denyxgn-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2I0MDZmOTBlLWU0NWMtNDcxOC04ODUzLWU3MmViZmQ2MWNmZlwvZGVueXhnbi03NTFkYzExNS03NDg5LTQwYmEtODA5OS00NTI0Njc5YzJkYTkuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ

134NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Phicen S43A Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:07 pm

Diometes

Diometes
I like the new S43A model for its fuller fugured statuesque body type, but I do agree with others that the non-detachable feet are a challenge. Not only because its tough to stand them on their own, but also due to their size.

Many of the commercial shoes on the market do not fit(too small) and if you do find some that fit, they will be a challenge to stay on while changing poses. I am still searching around for some shoes that will fit so if anyone has any sources, please share.

My bigger issue with phicen are with the hands. I find the hands very poorly suited to match the skin color of the body and I cannot understand why that is a problem for a major brand like Phicen. To resolve, I swap out hands from my Jaioudoll models, which match phicen suntan almost perfectly and they are much better (and prettier) made.

Ultimately, I'm happy with it overall.

135NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:10 pm

Diometes

Diometes
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 20210710

136NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:27 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think most of us would agree about the seamless ankled non-functional "floppy" feet and the issues of shodding them, Diometes. You seem to have done a very good job in the photo. I don't own one of these bodies, so I don't know if the color matching between TPE and harder plastic has gone more awry than usual. I tend to prefer TBLeague hands, but if you want painted nails, Jiaou takes care of that from the get go.

137NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:29 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Diometes wrote:I like the new S43A model for its fuller fugured statuesque body type, but I do agree with others that the non-detachable feet are a challenge. Not only because its tough to stand them on their own, but also due to their size.

The Viking Woman and Knight Of Fire bodies are near-identical to these (see the comparison photos on page 2), but have foot pegs instead of seamless feet. For reasons best known to themselves TBL haven't chosen to release them as a base bodytype yet, however, so for now it's a question of finding a body parted-out from those sets and then finding feet to match (I'm finding this larger bodytype is one of the few that's a good match for TBL's new style bigger feet, so if you've an S28/29 or 38/39 with spare feet, they'll do the job).

138NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:37 pm

Diometes

Diometes
Good information... I have the S28. Thanks!

139NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:42 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Diometes wrote:Good information... I have the S28. Thanks!

The Viking Woman and Knight Of Fire bodies only seem to be available in suntan though, so really you'd need a 29 or a 39 (you can actually pick those up loose on ebay).

140NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty S43 body with the black spartan HS Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:00 pm

Tabul

Wanted to share how lovely the s43 is with the Kier set (even if they are basically the same body), I went with the black spartan HS not only because they are cheap but also easy to give personality to your figure.
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Tbleague_s43_by_adelphievs_deocehb-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2I0MDZmOTBlLWU0NWMtNDcxOC04ODUzLWU3MmViZmQ2MWNmZlwvZGVvY2VoYi0zZWE0MzhhNS1hYTk1LTRhMDYtOWRlMC1hYzk4MTgxZWI5ZmIuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ

141NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:36 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks nice, Tabul.

142NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:42 pm

Diometes

Diometes
Nice! If I can ask a "stupid" question... what does the "black spartan HS" refer to? Is that the costume dress?

143NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diometes wrote:Nice! If I can ask a "stupid" question... what does the "black spartan HS" refer to? Is that the costume dress?

It's shorthand for one of the three variants (black, silver, and gold) of the "Spartan Commander" set by TBLeague. This one also has a black-haired head sculpt. You can see it parted out recently here:
https://www.monkeydepot.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=PL2020-165&Search.y=0

144NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 pm

Tabul

Thanks Gubernator, now my project is to make a stand that can be easily hidden for better pictures

145NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:52 pm

davidd

davidd
Diometes wrote:Nice! If I can ask a "stupid" question... what does the "black spartan HS" refer to? Is that the costume dress?

I see that Gubernatorfan was quicker on the keyboard, but here's what I was going to offer:

That is a good question. Sometimes acronyms and abbreviations can make posts difficult to understand.

"HS" usually refers to "Head Sculpt." That is, the type of head on the figure. In the hobby these days, heads are often purchased separately from bodies, or heads and bodies are switched around.

In this case, the HS (Head Sculpt) is from a TBLeague figure release called the Black Spartan Commander.

A typical eBay listing refers to this head as: TBLeague PL2020-165A 1/6 Black Spartan Army Commander Action Figure Head Sculpt

Here we see the head from the TBLeague Black Spartan Commander set combined with a TBLeague S43 body.

The costume the figure is wearing is from the TBLeague PL202O-171 Kier, Shadow of Heaven figure. This costume can be found parted out on eBay. The chest armor, skirt, and sword are often sold separately from each other.

I hope this helps. Asking for clarification when we under-describe or assume too much in our descriptions is encouraged! Otherwise, how will we continue to learn and share what we know?

146NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:10 pm

Diometes

Diometes
Yes, very helpful... thank you for that detailed explanation! Sometimes as a novice I do feel a little "behind the curve" in some of the conversations, but I'm a quick learner. Thanks again for the time taken to explain. Greatly appreciated!

147NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh I'm pretty sure that I myself didn't know what HS meant when I first encountered the abbreviation -- but I thought the question was about the source (action figure set) itself -- anyway, we've got it covered. Smile

148NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:23 pm

Diometes

Diometes
Yeah, the HS threw me! Ask my wife... I honestly sat here for several minutes thinking all the things that could have stood for a still drew a blank! LOL

149NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:54 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diometes wrote:Yeah, the HS threw me! Ask my wife... I honestly sat here for several minutes thinking all the things that could have stood for a still drew a blank! LOL

Ha! Welcome to my world. Aside from the military, where acronyms are used constantly, forums and social media use them far too often for my liking, and usually because the person typing is on a phone, and it usually takes me typing the acronym into a Google search to figure out what the hell people are talking about.

Anyway, don’t sweat it. And glad Gubernatorfan and davidd provided great answers. I get lost still in these discussions about bodies when people just throw out the numbers (I still have to do Google searches on them, if I’m really curious, to see what they are they talking about (I’m a visual person, so I prefer pictures rather than random numbers).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 C8485110

150NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:02 pm

davidd

davidd
Stryker2011 wrote:... and usually because the person typing is on a phone....

I suspect the phone thing is a big part of Extreme Acronymism online. Ironically, for what is supposed to be a communications device, the "smart phone" seems to impede communication to a significant degree.

If ya aren't sure, just ask!

151NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty S43 ankle stand, concept Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:09 am

Tabul

A few ideas popped into my head to make a nice stand for the seamless feet, but the ankle stand seems to be the most promising. So the idea is to use a normal stand but instead of a crotch hook or neck clamp, instead use a ring like leg lock, made of plastic and reduce the size of the little pole. As you can see in the picture it actually holds her pose and the base can be hidden under a sheet of paper to minimize its footprint (hanging by a thread right now). Very Happy
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Work_in_progress_ankle_stand_by_adelphievs_deocywu-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTcwNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2I0MDZmOTBlLWU0NWMtNDcxOC04ODUzLWU3MmViZmQ2MWNmZlwvZGVvY3l3dS1iMTQxNGU5MS0zMzk3LTQ0YzAtYmMyYS1iNDljMGVjNWZkZTQuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ

152NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:10 am

DarthJ

EVERYBODY knows HS is the abbreviation for the French "Hors Service" (Out of Order).

No ?

153NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:51 pm

davidd

davidd
Razz
But of course! (Not!)
Embarassed

154NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:53 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice indeed!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum