OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

42NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:16 am

thedude

That waist is beautiful.

43NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:59 am

GeeWillikers

My 42 is still in postal limbo, but just from looking at Brassco's photos, I'm already seeing some possible subtle differences between this and the Viking Woman/Gethsemoni etc body (aside from the obvious foot issue).

44NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:30 am

bunnyfreakz

That's really good body. Dang attrative, thick waist, good size of boobs and slender legs.

45NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:14 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
They look great, and the head sculpts are nicer than the S39A I recently got. If only they didn't come with seamless un-detachable feet. Although for the truly determined, there is now proof of successful surgery. Smile Thanks for the photos and notes, brassco.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

46NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:17 pm

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
brassco wrote:
oh, and to anyone interested to know, the private parts are not so detailed, when compared with the S09.

Thank you, i just want that information.

My decision to cancel order this form kghobby is correct.

47NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:00 am

brassco

brassco
GeeWillikers wrote:

Do you have a VW/Keir/Gethsemoni etc to compare it to?

NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Seg-vivi

I didn't add in the VW, because the breast of VW is just too big, so no brainer.

I do find the private parts of the Keir and Gethsemoni are more detailed than this S43!

48NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:39 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks!

So there are some subtle differences.

As to 'detailing' of the 'secret parts' - for what it's worth, my Viking Woman is quite 'detailed' (like a 22/23 rather than an 07/09) and the hips/caboose are quite large (but more realistically-shaped). The breasts do look a little larger on VW than on these, and they also appear to 'hang' lower and more naturally rather than just 'sit' high on the chest. The shape of the legs also seems slightly different. Some of these differences might just be angle/lighting throwing perception off as usual, there's no getting around that - as ever we can only be 100% sure when we have one in hand.

The sculpt on your 43 looks even nicer in this comparison photo, I'm so tempted to get one now (the one I ordered is the 42 - if it ever gets here that is).

So it seems the differences are subtle, but it will still be worth waiting for the VW/Keir/Gethsemoni body when they finally do get around to releasing it as a base model. Hopefully TBL don't decide (in line with some of their other recent more bizarre decisions) to give that body the clumsy great hooves of a 28/29 and 38/39.

Thanks again for the pics Smile

49NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:18 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
My S42 has finally arrived, and on the whole I like it - but I would love it, if it weren't for the stupid floppy feet. As expected it cannot stand up on its own, the inner footplate only extends halfway into the foot itself, which is otherwise very soft so I'm going to have to treat these tootsies with great care. If only the foot plate extended out even just half a centimetre further, it would surely be able to stand with careful posing. It's a baffling manufacturing decision. The feet themselves are nicely modelled though, and (for the moment) they are flat and don't curl up. The feet are also big, so good luck trying to find any shoes or even boots to fit.

The rest of the body is really nice though. Almost identical to Viking Woman/Gethsemoni etc. The bust is actually more or less the same, it's the hips and caboose that are slightly larger/fuller. I'm also very happy to report there are no apparent build issues with this model and movement of the skeleton is smooth and fluid.

So, this body is great but also very frustrating. Hopefully the Viking Woman body with detachable feet will be on the market soon and make this one more or less redundant.

Can't get to take any photos just yet, but if anyone would like to request comparison shots with other models let me know.

50NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:24 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GeeWillikers wrote:My S42 has finally arrived, and on the whole I like it - but I would love it, if it weren't for the stupid floppy feet. As expected it cannot stand up on its own, the inner footplate only extends halfway into the foot itself, which is otherwise very soft so I'm going to have to treat these tootsies with great care. If only the foot plate extended out even just half a centimetre further, it would surely be able to stand with careful posing. It's a baffling manufacturing decision. The feet themselves are nicely modelled though, and (for the moment) they are flat and don't curl up. The feet are also big, so good luck trying to find any shoes or even boots to fit.

The rest of the body is really nice though. Almost identical to Viking Woman/Gethsemoni etc. The bust is actually more or less the same, it's the hips and caboose that are slightly larger/fuller. I'm also very happy to report there are no apparent build issues with this model and movement of the skeleton is smooth and fluid.

So, this body is great but also very frustrating. Hopefully the Viking Woman body with detachable feet will be on the market soon and make this one more or less redundant.

Can't get to take any photos just yet, but if anyone would like to request comparison shots with other models let me know.

I would not mind this next to a s07/09 (either) for a height/figure comparison if you can swing it. Preferably both flat footed and no shoes so it doesn’t skew it.

51NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:01 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
This model is tall and broad. I don't know yet if it's actually the tallest of the female TBL's or if the combination of those two factors just makes it appear larger in general.

MeMyself&I wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:Can't get to take any photos just yet, but if anyone would like to request comparison shots with other models let me know.

I would not mind this next to a s07/09 (either) for a height/figure comparison if you can swing it. Preferably both flat footed and no shoes so it doesn’t skew it.

I think brassco did a comparison shot with a clothed S09 over the page, although both figures were lying down. But I could still do a dead-on straight-angled one with them standing (if possible) if you like. Won't be before the weekend now, though.

I can also do a comparison shot with a 28/29 and 38/39 then if you still want to see one Diana.

If anybody has any other requests, get them in by Friday 5pm, STAT! Smile

52NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:41 am

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:I can also do a comparison shot with a 28/29 and 38/39 then if you still want to see one Diana.
Definitely. I love you

53NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:27 am

blackpool

blackpool
I'm not that sure on the extra height but the general proportions are beautiful on this one, I like how realistic they go without exagerating the boobs or muscles (I wish they'd go that way on their male bodies now, with some average joe that doesn't workout 24/7 lol)

About the feet, I'm surely the only one here to value the "seamless" effort and attempt lol,I always found and still find the ankle joints ugly on the detachable feet versions, tho I completely agree on the need for these versions as long as they wear shoes (btw the sculpt on the hard plastic feet is just as lame as on the floppy ones until this version)
As pointed by Stryker, I wish they would improve the skeleton, I remember Edation offering totally seamless bodies about 12 years ago with articulated fingers and toes... There are surely solutions.

54NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:22 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool, I agree with you on the aesthetic, and in those terms, I think everyone would (I think the general conclusion is that the choice of cut for standard female detachable feet in action figures is more unfortunate than that for the male ones -- I forget what was the explanation for it). It's just that, while I can appreciate the seamless lines of a sexy body in the reclining position, it is more important to me that the action figure can be "fully-functional." Otherwise, I might as well get a statue. Yes, of course, I'm exaggerating to make a point. And of course I would greet TBLeague creating functional seamless feet for a change -- it can't be that impossible -- although I realize that this will limit footwear choices.

55NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:18 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Re: the seamless feet -- there's definitely a place for these types of figures, even if they aren't really my thing for the most part. The reason I'm not bothered is that I almost never kitbash any characters who would require bare feet or exposed ankles. But I can see how and why a seamless ankle would be nice for certain characters and scenes and I can understand why they might appeal to others. So, I'm happy for tbleague to make both types. However, my own frustration at the moment is that I wish they would put out models that had BOTH seamless feet and detachable feet as options, rather than make certain models ONLY have seamless feet. It makes it very annoying when they do put out a nice body shape like this, but it ends up being fairly useless for anything other than decorative purposes.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

56NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:12 am

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Re: the seamless feet -- [...] I wish they would put out models that had BOTH seamless feet and detachable feet as options, rather than make certain models ONLY have seamless feet. It makes it very annoying when they do put out a nice body shape like this, but it ends up being fairly useless for anything other than decorative purposes.
I second that motion. Why not offer both? It can't be that to attach the feet of one 3D model and replace the seamless feet of another. Boom! There are programs for that.

57NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:38 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I'll concede that the seamless feet are often more aesthetically-pleasing, but they aren't worth the practical sacrifice of a figure not being able to stand up because of them. The visual design of the seamless feet is improved and more realistic with this model, but they remain exactly as impractical as they ever were (and there's an added disadvantage to this model - the feet are the larger size that a 28/29 and 38/39 uses, with all the drawbacks of finding footwear to fit that size that exist already, PLUS they're also mashmallow-soft).

TBL should offer seamless/non-seamless options on all models (old and new) as standard so that everyone can be catered for, in the same way they offer two different skintone options as standard.

58NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:19 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
So, to start, some shots of my S42 under a pink filter (the other figure is Viking Woman with Arhian Head Hunter sculpt)  (Let me know if these aren't SFW enough Gub):  

NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4484
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4482
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4496
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4473

Next up, full comparison shots with Viking Woman under different lighting.

To follow, comparisons between the S42 and S29,S38,S23,S16 and S09.

59NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:37 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Part 2:

S42 compared to Viking Woman (using orange filter and pink filter respectively)

NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4520
Note: the feet on viking woman are the 'normal' small tbl bare feet

NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4521
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4523
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4525

Essentially they're the same basic body, aside from slightly larger fuller hips/butt/waist on the S42.

Although:
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4531

The flexibility limit of the waist on Viking woman is markedly different. The 42 will not bend back at the waist any further than shown above.

The general build quality and fluidity of movement on both bodies is much better than TBL's other recent offerings, however - no defects or stiffness with either body.

60NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:49 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Interesting comparison. If I’m being honest, I actually like the Viking woman figure better (and not just because of the feet, either). Really wanting that one to be released soon.

61NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:04 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:Interesting comparison. If I’m being honest, I actually like the Viking woman figure better (and not just because of the feet, either). Really wanting that one to be released soon.

I heartily agree. The S42 is lovely to look at, but as well as being impractical, it's going to be a nightmare to dress.

It kind of makes me wonder if TBL's intention (if they have any beyond sales) is that these should be kept nude or at least barefoot.

62NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The seamless feet thing still seems off to me. Maybe because they didn't bother to give them ankle bones -- that, and the not being able to stand up unaided thing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 C8485110

63NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:40 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Part 3:

Comparison of S42 with S29 (middle) and S38 (right). Same light conditions as last post.

I had to declothe the 29 and 38 for this shoot which involved me changing out the peg boots usually on the 29 for the first pair of flat feet to hand, hence the total lack of a colour match  Smile

NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4500
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4506
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4513
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4514
NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 DSCN4515

Part 4 etc tomorrow hopefully

64NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:42 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:The seamless feet thing still seems off to me. Maybe because they didn't bother to give them ankle bones -- that, and the not being able to stand up unaided thing.

There is the vaguest hint of an ankle bone in the sculpt of the skin (see side views above), but not in the actual skeleton. It's a simple up-down movement to the ankle skeleton, as of old. No side-to-side flexibility at all.

It's irritating. I do like this body, but I think the minute they put the Viking Woman bod on the market as a base body, I'll be getting a pale one and putting 42's head on it.

65NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:48 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Useful comparison photos, G, thank you for sharing them. She sure is tall. It is a nice body, but the feet... which reminds me of a slightly off-color joke... that I will resist sharing.

66NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:55 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I would like the S38 for its unique body shape, but the breasts are just too big for my liking. If I had to decide to get a body among those three, it will probably be the S29...

Nice comparison

67NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:00 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I would like the S38 for its unique body shape, but the breasts are just too big for my liking. If I had to decide to get a body among those three, it will probably be the S29...

I agree -- the breasts on S38/39 would be better smaller. Otherwise I love both S38/39 and S28/29.

68NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:01 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I came to this hobby as an illustrator in search of quick and easy model reference (more for posing ideas than their specific anatomy - and these bodies have their limitations of accuracy and functionality obviously, but I can confirm they're a lot easier to work with than real models), but somewhere along the line I got a little carried away and into the actual hobby, and now I Gotta Catch 'Em All! There are some problems with basic anatomy in the older models yes, and the 'underarm' anatomy remains problematic - but unless it's truly, ridiculously, cartoonishly disproportionate (like the S36/37 Smile ) each of the bodies TBL offer currently has a real-world near-equivalent, however scarce or unusual. If anything I think TBL's real problem is that they try too hard to offer only these types of bodily 'extremes' instead of bodily 'norms'.

With that in mind I think the 38 is a good enough 'one-off' character body as such 'developed' women do exist, but (trying very hard not to inadvertently body-shame anyone in the real world here) it's not a bodily 'norm' and you certainly don't need a whole army of them. Smile It's also probably worth remembering that the YMTOYs head on the 38 in my pics is undersized to begin with and probably creates the illusion that the body and bust are even larger (I try to obtain at least one of each skintone of each model so such extreme customising helps in creating a different look between the 38 and 39 I own). And at least the breasts on the 38/39, large as they are, are more realistically-sculpted than the pornstar bolt-ons of an S20/21 (although again, even those have their real-world equivalent, however far they are from the average). I'm fine with most of TBL's range to be honest (and as someone with a reasonable knowledge of anatomy I can work round their irregularities and discrepancies for reference purposes). All we need is more (and continued) variety of bodytypes - including more 'average' types, fewer waspie waists, and some ethnic diversity.

In an ideal world, it would be nice to have the 38/39 with a smaller bust as well as that would suit more diverse character possibilities. On the other hand I'd also like to see TBL tackle an overall more proportionate voluptuous body, although I realise the probable technical limitations there would be in mass-producing one. Basically I'm all for as much variation in functional bodytypes as I can get (although even I've drawn a line at that ridiculous 36/37 anime body).

The interesting thing for me though in the last set of shots above isn't even to do with the 42. It's in seeing the 29 directly compared to the 38 and how different the two bodytypes actually are from each other side-by-side, when that wasn't so apparent from TBL's promos. I was also recently surprised to discover that the 38 is only a smidgeon (milimetres) taller than the sole S24 I own.

I think this body (the 42/43/Viking Woman) is the tallest in TBL's canon, but I really need to dig out a flat-footed S01/02 and/or 18/19 for direct comparison to be absolutely sure.

I've got a bit of a busy day today but will try to add a few more 42 comparison shots (with a 23, a 16 and an S07) later tonight. If not, then tomorrow.

69NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:58 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GeeWillikers wrote:I came to this hobby as an illustrator in search of quick and easy model reference (more for posing ideas than their specific anatomy - and these bodies have their limitations of accuracy and functionality obviously, but I can confirm they're a lot easier to work with than real models), but somewhere along the line I got a little carried away and into the actual hobby, and now I Gotta Catch 'Em All! There are some problems with basic anatomy in the older models yes, and the 'underarm' anatomy remains problematic - but unless it's truly, ridiculously, cartoonishly disproportionate (like the S36/37 Smile ) each of the bodies TBL offer currently has a real-world near-equivalent, however scarce or unusual. If anything I think TBL's real problem is that they try too hard to offer only these types of bodily 'extremes' instead of bodily 'norms'.

With that in mind I think the 38 is a good enough 'one-off' character body as such 'developed' women do exist, but (trying very hard not to inadvertently body-shame anyone in the real world here) it's not a bodily 'norm' and you certainly don't need a whole army of them. Smile It's also probably worth remembering that the YMTOYs head on the 38 in my pics is undersized to begin with and probably creates the illusion that the body and bust are even larger (I try to obtain at least one of each skintone of each model so such extreme customising helps in creating a different look between the 38 and 39 I own). And at least the breasts on the 38/39, large as they are, are more realistically-sculpted than the pornstar bolt-ons of an S20/21 (although again, even those have their real-world equivalent, however far they are from the average). I'm fine with most of TBL's range to be honest (and as someone with a reasonable knowledge of anatomy I can work round their irregularities and discrepancies for reference purposes). All we need is more (and continued) variety of bodytypes - including more 'average' types, fewer waspie waists, and some ethnic diversity.

In an ideal world, it would be nice to have the 38/39 with a smaller bust as well as that would suit more diverse character possibilities. On the other hand I'd also like to see TBL tackle an overall more proportionate voluptuous body, although I realise the probable technical limitations there would be in mass-producing one. Basically I'm all for as much variation in functional bodytypes as I can get (although even I've drawn a line at that ridiculous 36/37 anime body).

The interesting thing for me though in the last set of shots above isn't even to do with the 42. It's in seeing the 29 directly compared to the 38 and how different the two bodytypes actually are from each other side-by-side, when that wasn't so apparent from TBL's promos. I was also recently surprised to discover that the 38 is only a smidgeon (milimetres) taller than the sole S24 I own.

I think this body (the 42/43/Viking Woman) is the tallest in TBL's canon, but I really need to dig out a flat-footed S01/02 and/or 18/19 for direct comparison to be absolutely sure.

I've got a bit of a busy day today but will try to add a few more 42 comparison shots (with a 23, a 16 and an S07) later tonight. If not, then tomorrow.

Thanks for the info on your background, that’s quite interesting! There are definitely quirks as you pointed out, the biggest one for me personally being the width of the shoulders. As you said though, technical limitations are likely the big factor. No matter how one looks at it, silicon is not nearly as flexible, mailable, resilient as human skin/flesh. I would say we have a similar outlook on this overall, just from prior comments in various threads. But I digress on the anatomical stuff.

I look forward to the comparison with s07 and s16. I do find it shocking and hilarious how the 42/43 TOWERS over the 38. It’s like the 38 would get lost in a crowd and the 42 would be looking over the heads trying to find their short friend.

70NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW PRODUCT: TBleague s42-s43 Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:05 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I do agree it was interesting to see the comparison between the 29 and 38, and you are right that they aren't as similar as you'd think. I'm actually considering getting the 38 at some point and doing a bust reduction (not an issue since I keep my figures clothed, so could be easily disguised), just because I like that it's both short AND curvy. The only thing stopping me atm is my uncertainty about being able to cloth her... I guess we'll see...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum