OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Low budget jointed males review (head update)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

trick.refuse

GubernatorFan wrote:Companies seem to be introducing newer/updated versions of their bodies, and CooModel is no exception. I haven't had the new ones in hand yet. The older ones are a little cheap (I don't necessarily mean in terms of money) but on the whole I like them well enough, if everything is going to be covered up. Here are some more recent bodies:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6256-six-new-ish-bodies-comparison

I'll check these out too. Sakuragi is gonna wear a jersey and shorts so most of the body is gonna be visible but no big deal because i'm prioritizing the cost and quality hehe

skywalkersaga wrote:trick-refuse -- I don't mean this to sound discouraging at all, but if you are trying to match heads with bodies in terms of skintone, you might have a difficult time of it. It could be that you will have to repaint a body to get the exact skintone that you are after. That is what I would do -- I would just get the body that is most suitable in shape and size, and then repaint it. (Alternatively, I'd repaint the headsculpt to match the body, but that may be more difficult, depending your skill level.) But if you are willing to do that, then you'd need to make sure it was a totally hard/all-plastic body, and not one with rubber neck and torso area (since that is much harder to paint).

oh yeah, I mean it's gonna be pretty impossible to find a perfect matching skin tone body, unless I get the one from Nova Studio (but unfortunately it's out of stock everywhere). I'll probably still paint the body I get, but you know if I get lucky with the body, if it's like similar to the skin tone of the head, it would mean less work hehe (I'm not really skilled in painting). I was planning on making a new thread 'cause I found a body that is similar to the Nova Studio mold-wise.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Actually, I checked, and it appears I do own a BD002 after all -- from a recent purchase of the parted out body (no hands, feet, neck). It is fairly tan, and if you and I have about the same complexion, it might be a close enough skin tone match for your Sakuraji head. But I don't know whether that is the case, and whether our computer settings are close enough for a reliable comparison.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

trick.refuse

GubernatorFan wrote:Actually, I checked, and it appears I do own a BD002 after all -- from a recent purchase of the parted out body (no hands, feet, neck). It is fairly tan, and if you and I have about the same complexion, it might be a close enough skin tone match for your Sakuraji head. But I don't know whether that is the case, and whether our computer settings are close enough for a reliable comparison.

Nice! Thank you very much! Now I'm deciding whether I would get BD002 or DID Adv Slim or Worldbox AT011 or AT020/AT025 (I'm not yet really sure what's is the major difference between the two)

Ovy

trick.refuse wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:trick refuse - I've used Coomodel bodies and I like them a lot, however I cannot remember how they exactly compare to Ovy's criteria in this review thread. Also, bear in mind there are multiple versions of male Coomodel bodies, some with attached necks, some without, some that are regular height, some that are extra tall, etc. Some muscular, some more narrow, and so on. So just make sure you find the style that works best for your character.

Hi! I was planning to get the BD002 Tall (27cm) since it's the one available on my location. Oh also the MX02 Body is available, but not really sure on the quality.

Low budget jointed males review (head update) - Page 2 Coomod10

My another option is WorldBox but idk if the skin tone will match the anime aesthetic because those bodies are used for realistic characters I think?

Btw this is the head of the character I'm planning to make, Sakuragi from the anime Slam Dunk. He'll be wearing a jersey and shorts so majority of his skin will be shown that's why I'm looking for a good body and similar skin tone before resorting to painting the body hehe maybe you have a body in mind?

Low budget jointed males review (head update) - Page 2 Sakura10
Hey,

I can only recommend Coomodel bodies and they are not that much more expensive than the ones presented here. I missed the opportunity to photograph posing tests with my Coos. The BD002 is now sealed in complicated Samurai armor. It's a really good sturdy and poseable body and quite lightweight. It's ankles can be shortened as he is really tall. It was the only body that looked good with the large head I used.

Here the Samurai thread were I used the 'green' cheaper body (orange armor) you considered and the BD002 (black armor):

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4747-old-samurai-revival-the-war-club-5-15

Low budget jointed males review (head update) - Page 2 PSX-20210919-214142

Low budget jointed males review (head update) - Page 2 PSX-20210927-221943

Low budget jointed males review (head update) - Page 2 PSX-20211003-202326

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That black and white photo looks just like one of those real photographs of real samurai from the 19th century. Well done!

trick.refuse

trick.refuse
Ovy wrote:
trick.refuse wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:trick refuse - I've used Coomodel bodies and I like them a lot, however I cannot remember how they exactly compare to Ovy's criteria in this review thread. Also, bear in mind there are multiple versions of male Coomodel bodies, some with attached necks, some without, some that are regular height, some that are extra tall, etc. Some muscular, some more narrow, and so on. So just make sure you find the style that works best for your character.

Hi! I was planning to get the BD002 Tall (27cm) since it's the one available on my location. Oh also the MX02 Body is available, but not really sure on the quality.

My another option is WorldBox but idk if the skin tone will match the anime aesthetic because those bodies are used for realistic characters I think?

Btw this is the head of the character I'm planning to make, Sakuragi from the anime Slam Dunk. He'll be wearing a jersey and shorts so majority of his skin will be shown that's why I'm looking for a good body and similar skin tone before resorting to painting the body hehe maybe you have a body in mind?

Hey,

I can only recommend Coomodel bodies and they are not that much more expensive than the ones presented here. I missed the opportunity to photograph posing tests with my Coos. The BD002 is now sealed in complicated Samurai armor. It's a really good sturdy and poseable body and quite lightweight. It's ankles can be shortened as he is really tall. It was the only body that looked good with the large head I used.

Here the Samurai thread were I used the 'green' cheaper body (orange armor) you considered and the BD002 (black armor):

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4747-old-samurai-revival-the-war-club-5-15

Thank you very much! Btw how was the joints on yours? I read that some people got theirs and some joints were loose.

But that custom looks so sick!! Especially that photo! 👌🏻

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum