OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale Egyptian Female Eagle God-Month Gold/Silver#PL2020-169

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Diana

She is gorgeous indeed! And so are your ladies. Smile Thank you for the comparison shot!

Her legs seem a little slimmer and longer compared to the S43. I actually think the legs look more like those of VW.

And the wrists look quite slim! Or is that only because there are no hands to push up the silicone?

gooboo

I just tried putting some hands on the figure, and the wrists are still slim.

skywalkersaga

If it is similar to the Viking Woman body, the wrists are fairly slim on that one, too...

Diana

AWESOME!!! Please please please let TBLeague release this body on its own!! Instant buy for sure. bounce

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Tbleague are way overdue with releasing some new bodies. So far this year they’ve only announced new figures, no bodies yet. Fingers crossed this will be the next new one...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
skywalkersaga wrote:Tbleague are way overdue with releasing some new bodies. So far this year they’ve only announced new figures, no bodies yet. Fingers crossed this will be the next new one...

I hope there's no new trend forming there. I've always respected TBL for seeming equally concentrated on both the raw body and the kitted figure side, neither to the detriment of the other though on the individual level kitted figures must have a higher profit margin. Currently TBL kitted figures seem greatly increased but maybe it just looks that way because of the new "3 for 1" pattern of the Defenders, the Knights of Fire, and the (fairly similar) 3 Bird Gods, plus other figs getting Gold + Silver versions. Kitted New bodies releases may lag slightly behind now, but everything is still pandemic chaotic, so who knows.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I don't know.... last year they had already announced two new bodies by this point. But as you say, everything's still feeling the effects of the pandemic craziness. But the weird thing is that while they have not ceased developing new bodies, they have nonetheless used some of them only for boxed figures rather than releasing them as base bodies. I have no idea why they would design a body and not try to fully profit off it in all ways. Surely the only people who profit off that are the few ebay sellers who then get to sell those rare bodies for huge prices. Unless they think tons of people will buy the expensive figure sets just to get a body, which some of us may resort to cause we want the body for customizing that badly.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, I don't know.... last year they had already announced two new bodies by this point. But as you say, everything's still feeling the effects of the pandemic craziness. But the weird thing is that while they have not ceased developing new bodies, they have nonetheless used some of them only for boxed figures rather than releasing them as base bodies. I have no idea why they would design a body and not try to fully profit off it in all ways. Surely the only people who profit off that are the few ebay sellers who then get to sell those rare bodies for huge prices. Unless they think tons of people will buy the expensive figure sets just to get a body, which some of us may resort to cause we want the body for customizing that badly.

Yeah, they've gotten me a couple of times, where I needed a body but I figured the corresponding kitted figure wasn't that much more expensive and I'd break it down, and find some other use for the separated accessories. Then I ended up not doing it, keeping the kitted figure together, and buying another body anyway. Those weren't even cases of me trying to get a particularly rare body, but just making a decision that seemed practical. At least so far TBL is keeping its prices 10-15% below the maximum they could be pushing, so they get good will from me for that.

simleo73

gooboo wrote:I got the body in the mail today and I think it's gorgeous. It looks basically the same as a s42/43, except with removeable feet and a smaller bust. The smaller bust size looks fantastic and I hope they release a general version of this body at some point in the future.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale Egyptian Female Eagle God-Month Gold/Silver#PL2020-169 - Page 3 Blackb10

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale Egyptian Female Eagle God-Month Gold/Silver#PL2020-169 - Page 3 Blackb11

The black coloring of the body makes dust and lint very visible, however. I've clean it off and powdered it a bit, but there's no getting rid of it entirely. After looking at this body some more I'm pretty sure it's the same body the upcoming Knight of Fire uses, maybe even the Royal Defender. It's curvy but not as busty as the Viking Woman body, which makes me think it uses this one instead.

Here's a photo comparing it to other body types. From left to right is the Viking Woman body, Month body, s43 (with its seamless feet removed), and a s28. You can see it's basically identical to the modified s43, except with smaller breasts.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale Egyptian Female Eagle God-Month Gold/Silver#PL2020-169 - Page 3 Blackb12

As far as "curvy" bodies goes I think this model might be the best Phicen has done. I think this model basically has all of the things I ever wanted out of a curvacious bodytype, and I hope if/when Phicen does a general release they try tackling some other body types next. Newer and more accurate petite and athletic bodies would be nice.
these comparisons are interesting. equally interesting these headsculpts.please, who are these heads?

gooboo

The brunette and the blonde heads are Superduck heads that I re-haired. The black haired one is the Lucifer Wings of Dawn head that I repainted and re-haired.

simleo73

gooboo wrote:The brunette and the blonde heads are Superduck heads that I re-haired. The black haired one is the Lucifer Wings of Dawn head that I repainted and re-haired.
thanks for the answer. and the left one? still great job. congratulations

gooboo

Not sure what you mean by the left one. The brunette is a Super Duck head, along with the blonde one.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice job re-hairing, gooboo.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
This new body type variant is really nice. Almost ideal.

As with the Viking Woman body, we now have the dilemma of waiting for TBLeague to actually release it as a base body, or gamble on getting a marked/dented/discoloured body as part of a more expensive set (and personally TBL's full sets hold little appeal for me usually) or parted out from one.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, I don't know.... last year they had already announced two new bodies by this point. But as you say, everything's still feeling the effects of the pandemic craziness. But the weird thing is that while they have not ceased developing new bodies, they have nonetheless used some of them only for boxed figures rather than releasing them as base bodies. I have no idea why they would design a body and not try to fully profit off it in all ways. Surely the only people who profit off that are the few ebay sellers who then get to sell those rare bodies for huge prices. Unless they think tons of people will buy the expensive figure sets just to get a body, which some of us may resort to cause we want the body for customizing that badly.
Could be that it's just a decision of them based on their sales. If they sell their figuresets rapidly, but the separate bodies take longer, it makes sense for them to focus on the figuresets.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Until this thread made me think about it, I never realized how dramatically TBL has narrowed or shut down its focus in the last @ 2 years.

For @ 2 years it's been all bronze / bladed warriors, overwhelmingly female.  And now generally multiplied in sets of 3 like the Spartan Army, the Defenders, or the Knights of Fire made in gold, silver and black.  The 4 Egyptian Gods are marginally different but not that much.

It's been @ 2 years since they last made a Comics figure, no more Lady Death, Purgatori, Painkiller Jane etc.  There was their last Vampirella early in that time frame, but it was essentially just a reissue.  There haven't been any licensed characters at all, except Sideshow's Keir and Gethsemoni, who apart from being licensed, still fit the narrow pattern.

And no more original TBL figures that fall outside the pattern:  no more Cowgirl;  no more Galaxy Soldier; etc.  For that matter, it's been @ 2 years since they last made anything under their previous relationship with ARH Studios.

Maybe this restricting was obvious to other people but it didn't stand out to me until right now.  Draw what conclusions you will.  Just trying to read the tea leaves (the T B Leaves...)

gooboo

I imagine they must be making more money off of original toys as opposed to licensed figures. Could explain the change in direction.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
gooboo wrote:I imagine they must be making more money off of original toys as opposed to licensed figures. Could explain the change in direction.

Yeah, fair enough, but I can't believe that a 2nd unlicensed Science Fiction figure after Galaxy Soldier, or a 2nd unlicensed "western" figure after Cowgirl, wouldn't sell better than their 107th unlicensed amazon with a sword.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
For @ 2 years it's been all bronze / bladed warriors, overwhelmingly female.
Right from the start they've been focusing on female figures. If you look at the product listing on their website the number of male figures per page (of 16 figures) seems to be quite consistent. It's mostly 2-4 out of 16. A few times it's 0, once it's 5.

They do seem to be narrowing down to the warrior style though.

It's been @ 2 years since they last made a Comics figure, no more Lady Death, Purgatori, Painkiller Jane etc.  There was their last Vampirella early in that time frame, but it was essentially just a reissue.  There haven't been any licensed characters at all, except Sideshow's Keir and Gethsemoni, who apart from being licensed, still fit the narrow pattern.

And no more original TBL figures that fall outside the pattern:  no more Cowgirl;  no more Galaxy Soldier; etc.  For that matter, it's been @ 2 years since they last made anything under their previous relationship with ARH Studios.

Maybe this restricting was obvious to other people but it didn't stand out to me until right now.  Draw what conclusions you will.  Just trying to read the tea leaves (the T B Leaves...)
That they're not issueing many licensed figures, might be because they don't want to pay for the licences.

Further it wouldn't surprise me if they sell most of their figures in Asia, so they're mostly driven  by customerdemands from that region.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Plus, they don’t work with Executive any longer — though they have worked with Sideshow to produce some of their female figures (Wonder Woman and the upcoming Harley Quinn), so I wonder if TBL doesn’t have the “connections” to get in touch with property holders. I think it would be awesome if they got in touch with Image Comics or Zenescope — since there are plenty of characters that would be right up their alley (like Witchblade, Lara Croft, Danger Girl, the Grimm Fairytale ladies). They’re missing out on some cash cows.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale Egyptian Female Eagle God-Month Gold/Silver#PL2020-169 - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I do also think they have been focusing a lot more on 1/12 figures in the last two(?) years, and have put out many of those in that time...mostly sort of 'catching up' with mini-versions of their previous 1/6 stuff. They did Vampirella, Purgatori, Red Sonja, as well as a couple of Ahrians in 1/12, and probably more I'm forgetting (they really did seem to release a ton of those quite fast).

Since I don't buy boxed figures/sets from them, I'm mostly just concerned about their base bodies and how to access them these days. Really hoping they will release some of these new but as-yet unavailable bodies separately soon.

brassco

brassco
i just received my figure, and discovered that the color tone of the body is the same as the hands and feet used in the Kier PL2019-141. Only the black HS is needed then for a useful kitbash...

lunarmoon26

gooboo wrote:I got the body in the mail today and I think it's gorgeous. It looks basically the same as a s42/43, except with removeable feet and a smaller bust. The smaller bust size looks fantastic and I hope they release a general version of this body at some point in the future.

The black coloring of the body makes dust and lint very visible, however. I've clean it off and powdered it a bit, but there's no getting rid of it entirely. After looking at this body some more I'm pretty sure it's the same body the upcoming Knight of Fire uses, maybe even the Royal Defender. It's curvy but not as busty as the Viking Woman body, which makes me think it uses this one instead.

Here's a photo comparing it to other body types. From left to right is the Viking Woman body, Month body, s43 (with its seamless feet removed), and a s28. You can see it's basically identical to the modified s43, except with smaller breasts.

As far as "curvy" bodies goes I think this model might be the best Phicen has done. I think this model basically has all of the things I ever wanted out of a curvacious bodytype, and I hope if/when Phicen does a general release they try tackling some other body types next. Newer and more accurate petite and athletic bodies would be nice.

Stupid question, but how did you take off the breastplate?

brassco

brassco
you kinda force it through from the shoulder. Don't be afraid of it breaking.

gooboo

I bought my bodies separated out from ebay, so I never messed around with her armor at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum