OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

There is always a bigger fish...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1There is always a bigger fish... Empty There is always a bigger fish... Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:04 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
I had the idea of this short story when I got...well you have to wait and see. Lotta pics but hope you like it. I'm really no comic writer normally. But always trying sth new for fun.

There is always a bigger fish... BjZeBqM

There is always a bigger fish... G0Cn6kH

There is always a bigger fish... COkcJtA

There is always a bigger fish... BZ1DKGE

There is always a bigger fish... WwaBbZZ

There is always a bigger fish... NfAcSVh

There is always a bigger fish... Nt5c901

There is always a bigger fish... QXZoHCu

There is always a bigger fish... 8y73Ahg

There is always a bigger fish... JfU1xIl

There is always a bigger fish... 9xUxV6y

There is always a bigger fish... K3F691C

There is always a bigger fish... HACqbO2

There is always a bigger fish... L4IVIRM

There is always a bigger fish... WstyylM

There is always a bigger fish... 6dSZ0BG

There is always a bigger fish... 0HJpq0f

There is always a bigger fish... 6ELkqIs

There is always a bigger fish... 5ysP0zG

There is always a bigger fish... 9K6AGGu

There is always a bigger fish... Vc4AVxg

There is always a bigger fish... KgRoYah

drunken

2There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:25 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That was hilarious. All those muscle guys can’t compete with an actor. Nice diorama setting.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

There is always a bigger fish... C8485110

3There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Don´t tell us You are not a comic writer. I love it . The Dio is excellent. The Elven Ladys are really pretty. The Story is not fantasy... i know some of the characters You show to us in my real life Laughing
The Asian Guy is a monster. May i ask what body You use for him ?

4There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:02 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks Stryker, glad you liked it.

Ephiane wrote:Don´t tell us You are not a comic writer. I love it . The Dio is excellent. The Elven Ladys are really pretty. The Story is not fantasy... i know some of the characters You show to us in my real life Laughing
The Asian Guy is a monster. May i ask what body You use for him ?

Thank you Ephiane. Like your experiences in real life, my story also does not consist of just fantasy guys Very Happy

Of course you may ask - the asian guy was one of the main reasons I made this comic strip and also a reason I was interested in that figure in the first place.
This guy is straight out of the box, not a custom. It is from Inflames toys and arrived just yesterday - they have a special semi seamless body - the upper part is seamless and the legs are just normal plastic. I can live with that as I plan to always give this one pants.
This guy is seriously tall, muscular and very heavy. I plan to do a better review of him upcoming days. But I chose this version for a first introductions - I haven't had a chance to have a closer look at him yet. But I knew some of you on here are probably interested in a new body type.

5There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:09 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Haha, this is too funny -- Elvish fangirls! ;'D

And I'm also curious about that super large dude....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL. Nice... Was Tom Hardy a time traveler? Great job hairing those head sculpts, by the way, for the first two guys. Your scene and diorama were put together and shot beautifully, sharply, and yet with a certain consistent moody light. And it was definitely funny. Thanks for sharing.

(PS - I can't help but feel there was a missed opportunity to show Tom Hardy trying to hide behind Asian hulk momentarily, before resuming his flight from the overly-eager Elvish ladies. If you haven't put these items away, I'd say it's worth doing it.)

7There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:24 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Haha, this is too funny -- Elvish fangirls! ;'D

And I'm also curious about that super large dude....

Thank you, will do a single review of this Hulk, if I find the time next few days. Smile

GubernatorFan wrote:LOL. Nice... Was Tom Hardy a time traveler? Great job hairing those head sculpts, by the way, for the first two guys. Your scene and diorama were put together and shot beautifully, sharply, and yet with a certain consistent moody light. And it was definitely funny. Thanks for sharing.

(PS - I can't help but feel there was a missed opportunity to show Tom Hardy trying to hide behind Asian hulk momentarily, before resuming his flight from the overly-eager Elvish ladies. If you haven't put these items away, I'd say it's worth doing it.)

Well for sure some missed opportunities here. Also some clothes are just provisionally thrown in to have this quick shoot (like the white elven lady or the m35 guy) and so was the idea with Tom. Time Traveller...maybe this was a Hollywood Film studio and all these guys are actors or cosplayers? I don't know. But I love your idea, you are the master of good puns and funny stories, so this might be worth it. Thank you Smile

8There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL. Nice... Was Tom Hardy a time traveler? Great job hairing those head sculpts, by the way, for the first two guys. Your scene and diorama were put together and shot beautifully, sharply, and yet with a certain consistent moody light. And it was definitely funny. Thanks for sharing.

Well for sure some missed opportunities here. Also some clothes are just provisionally thrown in to have this quick shoot (like the white elven lady or the m35 guy) and so was the idea with Tom. Time Traveller...maybe this was a Hollywood Film studio and all these guys are actors or cosplayers? I don't know. But I love your idea, you are the master of good puns and funny stories, so this might be worth it. Thank you Smile

Ah, it's ok to let things come together spontaneously sometimes -- if you were to develop every single figure for a particular scene to the tiniest detail, you'll never get around to shooting it, or to shooting more than two or three scenes a year. I know exactly how it feels when you are inspired with an idea and want to realize it, while not having everything fully at your disposal or no time or patience to make it the way it should be made. But the makeshift outfits worked for the fantasy aspect of the environment perfectly well. It's fortuitous to have your figures still more or less put together for a while after a shoot, in case you want to take additional photos. I've just done that with the Winter Soldier post, and did that with the Women's Day post before (actually I have yet to disassemble these characters). And thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to more -- of this, or the pig set, or your other beautiful work.

9There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:11 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Very comical scene, and such sharp photography; seriously, what kind of camera do you use to capture these? All of the figures look great together against that wonderfully gritty backdrop, even the unexpected guest character. But that giant dude is incredible - kinda looks like a hulked out Liu Kang from MK. I'm really interested to see the seamless upper half unclothed.

10There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:22 am

Illusion

Illusion
Such a nice setting and funny idea to introduce Winnetou-Li (that is my name for this odd giant - I am also curious to see more of him)...
I certainly did not expect Tom Hardy (or anyone else in a suit) showing up.
I really like the possible explanation of a Hollywood studio or cosplay event.

11There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:30 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Illusion wrote:

Me too -- it explains the fangirl extras waiting around on set for a glimpse of Tom Hardy, who is trying to sneak out of there and get home unseen, to no avail. ;D

12There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:46 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
lol! lol! lol! I must have missed this post somehow? scratch That was awesome! Those three muscle guys didn't have a clue, and let's face it, they were never gonna be able to compete with a Hollywood star! cheers cheers

13There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:52 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Heh..
I like their pointy ears.

When i read There is always a bigger fish... I thought this threat might be Jaws related.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

14There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:52 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
skywalkersaga wrote:
Illusion wrote:

Me too -- it explains the fangirl extras waiting around on set for a glimpse of Tom Hardy, who is trying to sneak out of there and get home unseen, to no avail. ;D
It also explains him saying "them again", he probably had encountered them earlier on the set.

15There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:52 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:
Ah, it's ok to let things come together spontaneously sometimes -- if you were to develop every single figure for a particular scene to the tiniest detail, you'll never get around to shooting it, or to shooting more than two or three scenes a year. I know exactly how it feels when you are inspired with an idea and want to realize it, while not having everything fully at your disposal or no time or patience to make it the way it should be made. But the makeshift outfits worked for the fantasy aspect of the environment perfectly well. It's fortuitous to have your figures still more or less put together for a while after a shoot, in case you want to take additional photos. I've just done that with the Winter Soldier post, and did that with the Women's Day post before (actually I have yet to disassemble these characters). And thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to more -- of this, or the pig set, or your other beautiful work.

GF, thank you for these words! Really. That was really helpful that you understood my flaws here Smile

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Very comical scene, and such sharp photography; seriously, what kind of camera do you use to capture these? All of the figures look great together against that wonderfully gritty backdrop, even the unexpected guest character. But that giant dude is incredible - kinda looks like a hulked out Liu Kang from MK. I'm really interested to see the seamless upper half unclothed.

Thanks AlKel. My second job in real life is being a photographer, which was quiet helpful when I started shooting my little figures.
What I can say...more important than a good camera or the lenses is a good lighting setup. Without good light even the best cameras will struggle making interesting or crisp pictures. If you watch behind the scenes of hollyoood movies hey have an enormous amount of lighting tools.
I'm using a Sony Alpha DSLM camera - for the lighting i have the options of portable studio flashes, which I didn't use so far for these kind of shots. For my figures I just use a LED panel and 2-3 different little LED lamps with color shifting options I collected in the last few years. Even using a normal halogen desk lamp quiet often.
Oh and a little bit of fine tuning on my image editing program too.

Illusion wrote:Such a nice setting and funny idea to introduce Winnetou-Li (that is my name for this odd giant - I am also curious to see more of him)...
I certainly did not expect Tom Hardy (or anyone else in a suit) showing up.
Winnetou-Li lol!

BAMComix wrote:lol! lol! lol! I must have missed this post somehow? scratch  That was awesome! Those three muscle guys didn't have a clue, and let's face it, they were never gonna be able to compete with a Hollywood star! cheers cheers
Missed this post? I just posted it a few hours ago sunny But thank you, your comment made me smile king

ukshaun wrote:Heh..
I like their pointy ears.

When i read There is always a bigger fish... I thought this threat might be Jaws related.

Or Star wars Wink

16There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote: I know exactly how it feels when you are inspired with an idea and want to realize it, while not having everything fully at your disposal or no time or patience to make it the way it should be made.
GF, thank you for these words! Really. That was really helpful that you understood my flaws here  Smile  

ukshaun wrote:When i read There is always a bigger fish... I thought this threat might be Jaws related.
Or Star wars Wink

We should all be lucky to have "flaws" like yours! Smile

And I thought Star Wars too. Smile

17There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:53 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, I thought maybe it was Qui-Gon, lol.

18There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:46 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Fantastic comic! The elven ladies really are beautiful, and damn, that background is gorgeous. I especially love the lighting! It has such a warm glow, and really give it an early morning or evening feel, and adds a ton of atmosphere. Tom really is just beloved in any world, and objectively handsome, even transplanted to a fantasy setting. A helpful trait for hopping worlds, I'm sure.

19There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:21 pm

Ovy

Ovy
What a beast of a person! That must be the most masculine, most handsome alpha male manly man that ever wandered the earth. He looks like some kind of half god! And so mannered.

That big asian guy is also not bad.
No really great job, I totally thought the surprise giant would be the biggest fish/last character to arrive, beautiful humorous timing. Has that stage play comedy feel.

One nitpick, the muscle flexing might have looked more impressive with closed fists.

Oh and nice barrel.

20There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:33 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
They should know better, elves love fashion. 😂 and famous people.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! There is always a bigger fish... 1f60e

21There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:52 am

ZombieTestSubject

Very cool, funny scene. Liked the unexpected appearance of Mr Hardy and its effect on the elves after all this sizing up.

22There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:58 pm

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Wow! I couldn’t get over how HUGE that sculpt is next to that M35!! That’s insane! Very cool figure though!

I love the photo shoot as well. The attention to detail on the diorama is great! Excellent job!

23There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:31 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
thats some real nice background you did there, but for me the center of attention is the skywalker figure. if only they made the body available for a lesser fortune than they charge now for a full figure.

always wanted a fully roided out bodybuilding physique figure, like a markus ruehl +, but this figure comes pretty close. the height would be perfect as well if someone was going for a fist of the north star generic raider type.
speaking of liu kang, the head bears a little resemblance, so lacking a proper 1/6 liu so far might work on a slim seamless body.
is the headband fixed to the hair/sculpt or could you remove it by the way?

24There is always a bigger fish... Empty Re: There is always a bigger fish... Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:01 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
edit: ignore the last question, my bad. i see that the headband is alread removed. lack of sleep and a 10 hour shift really messed up my perception Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum