OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:57 pm

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
These are old photos but I thought I'd share my previous creation built from various sources. The clothes and gear are from a MiniTimes M016 Female SWAT put on a Barbie made to move curvy body and I then jerry-rigged a facepool head onto the kneck with some copper wire. The plastic connector inside the neck broke after some time so I chose not to keep the body but I do plan to find a replacement so I can display it separately from the project I'm currently working on.

Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Img_2010
Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Img_2011

2Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A Barbie with elbow joints? Impressive. Your kitbash? Much more impressive. I like her a lot. Even with the out of scale environment.

3Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:24 pm

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
GubernatorFan wrote:A Barbie with elbow joints? Impressive. Your kitbash? Much more impressive. I like her a lot. Even with the out of scale environment.

I really like barbie's mtm curvy, it's durable and very posable. It's a shame that the hands and feet are too small for a 1/6 scale (hands were swapped from another doll in the picture) and that there is no real neck connector where you can easily change heads. Otherwise, it would make a perfect cheap body that's easy to buy at most stores.

4Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:25 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, she's great! The outfit fits pretty well, it seems. And I like the use of the headsculpt...unexpected but it totally works. Good luck with the search for a new body for her!

GubernatorFan wrote:A Barbie with elbow joints? Impressive. Your kitbash? Much more impressive. I like her a lot. Even with the out of scale environment.

Barbies are pretty versatile these days....surely you recall Lynkhart's Max and Juno...? Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Suchsneak wrote:I really like barbie's mtm curvy, it's durable and very posable. It's a shame that the hands and feet are too small for a 1/6 scale (hands were swapped from another doll in the picture) and that there is no real neck connector where you can easily change heads. Otherwise, it would make a perfect cheap body that's easy to buy at most stores.

I like them too, mostly as a source for clothing that might fit on higher-end figures. Head connections are subject to customization. In fact I've pretty much given up on the inside neck connectors and yank them out or drill them out every chance I get.

skywalkersaga wrote: Barbies are pretty versatile these days....surely you recall Lynkhart's Max and Juno...?  Smile

You know, I had heard of those more articulated Barbies, just never met one in real life. Might be because I haven't really looked into it (I think the only Barbie I ever bought was the Wonder Woman one -- or one of them, as I'm sure there was more than one). At any rate, I was surprised at how natural (for a visibly-jointed body) it looked in the custom -- although that is surely due in part to the head sculpt and clothing. Lynkhart's Max and Juno are Barbies!? Well, she's done a lot to them, I guess. Smile

6Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:05 pm

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
GubernatorFan wrote:
Suchsneak wrote:I really like barbie's mtm curvy, it's durable and very posable. It's a shame that the hands and feet are too small for a 1/6 scale (hands were swapped from another doll in the picture) and that there is no real neck connector where you can easily change heads. Otherwise, it would make a perfect cheap body that's easy to buy at most stores.

I like them too, mostly as a source for clothing that might fit on higher-end figures. Head connections are subject to customization. In fact I've pretty much given up on the inside neck connectors and yank them out or drill them out every chance I get.

skywalkersaga wrote: Barbies are pretty versatile these days....surely you recall Lynkhart's Max and Juno...?  Smile

You know, I had heard of those more articulated Barbies, just never met one in real life. Might be because I haven't really looked into it (I think the only Barbie I ever bought was the Wonder Woman one -- or one of them, as I'm sure there was more than one). At any rate, I was surprised at how natural (for a visibly-jointed body) it looked in the custom -- although that is surely due in part to the head sculpt and clothing. Lynkhart's Max and Juno are Barbies!? Well, she's done a lot to them, I guess. Smile

Is Lynkhart a user on this forum or is a type of doll?

7Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She is a member, who makes the most amazingly detailed dioramas and little stuff.

8Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:56 pm

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
GubernatorFan wrote:She is a member, who makes the most amazingly detailed dioramas and little stuff.

Just did a search and my god you are right. Amazingly detailed as you said!

9Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:03 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
This is nice. I didn't even know there were articulated Barbies.

10Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:20 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:

Yes, Barbie clothing *can* fit certain 1/6 figures... but it greatly depends on which 1/6 body it is (especially if a tbleague), and what kind of clothing it is. Certain styles lend themselves more than others (I find outfits that are in multiple pieces, like a separate top and skirt, to have more of a chance of fitting, but that's just in my limited experience.)

And neck connectors...yes, agree...I don't bother with them anymore unless they really are a perfect fit on a body. Otherwise, it's so much easier just to pull them out and either pad out the inner part of the head, and/or pad the neck post on the body.

GubernatorFan wrote:

Maybe not in RL, but you've 'met' the articulated barbies before, in the form of Max and Juno. Lynkhart has indeed customized them in various ways (their tattoos, for instance), but the dolls themselves are Made-to-Move barbies, from what I recall. (You can see their bodies more clearly in this pool party photoshoot.)

Here's a good quick comparison pic of different barbie types from a review:

Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Plastically+Perfect+-+Playscale+Enthusiast+Doll+Review+-+2018+Strawberry+Blonde+Curvy+Made+to+Move+Barbie+-+Body+Compare+09

I'm guessing the Wonder Woman barbie you got was the muscular kind (or 'heroic' as it's called in the above pic). There are several other barbie body types, including more static ones, but most of them now have at least slightly more realistic body shapes. The old style barbies that I used to play with as a kid are now relegated to 'vintage' status.

Anyway, sorry if it this is veering off topic, but I thought it might be useful info for those who weren't aware of the articulated barbies. : )

11Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:40 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool! nice use of the sculpt!

12Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:49 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
That´s a really nice figure. like the facial expression and the pose You give her. Thanks also for the barbie body thread

13Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:08 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks Sky, I'm surprised there are so many different types. Thanks for the illustration and the link. To be honest, I don't recall the Wonder Woman having any elbow articulation but it has been too long.

14Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:05 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice bashed officer. There are some less expensive female bodies out there (Pop Toys/Xing) that come with jointed and semi-seamless that are far more affordable than TBL or Jiaou that might also work for you as far as a body swap.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash C8485110

15Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:51 pm

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice bashed officer. There are some less expensive female bodies out there (Pop Toys/Xing) that come with jointed and semi-seamless that are far more affordable than TBL or Jiaou that might also work for you as far as a body swap.

I've been eyeing the seamless one from Pop Toys, It seems to be the best compromise between TBLeague and other various hard bodied figures. A possible candidate for sure.

16Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:18 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks cool, there's something about old bashes... is it nostalgia, I recently found some photos of bashes I had done and are no longer with us. The use of the mtm barbie bodie is also good, I got a mtm barbie sitting in a drawer along with a "ken" mtm, I was curious about them enough to buy but not enough to do much with them.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash 1f60e

17Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:42 am

ZombieTestSubject

She looks great. Hope you got a good replacement body.

18Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:15 am

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
My two s29b's arrived today and I'm giving one to the officer. Fit her into some temporary clothes while I wash her uniform. Posing is great but I find myself wanting the joints to be much more stiff as it's hard to hold exaggerated positions. Here's some pics I took trying to capture a relaxed pose.

Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Img_2012Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Img_2013Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Img_2014

19Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:43 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice casual outfit, and the pose looks natural. I have that head and still have no idea what to do with it...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash C8485110

20Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with Stryker. By the way, you wouldn't want to hold very exaggerated positions (not for long anyway), as that might cause permanent damage to the TPE surface.

21Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:27 pm

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice casual outfit, and the pose looks natural. I have that head and still have no idea what to do with it...

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree with Stryker. By the way, you wouldn't want to hold very exaggerated positions (not for long anyway), as that might cause permanent damage to the TPE surface.

I was gonna respond to stryker but got distracted. The first thing I did once I took those pictures was reset her pose since I'm still very overly cautious with this being the first day they arrived. I left the clothes on her since I'm a little less worried about straining her with those pants as they are not black underneath, I'll check it in a day and see if there are any visible marks. She'll be in long uniform pants anyway so I'm not super worried. And yes the legends are true, putting clothes on TBLeague was a pain in the ass but I'm very satisfied with the results.  Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash 1f60a

22Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:15 pm

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
Put her altogether at last. Had to bind her bust because her vest couldn't fit on but otherwise, I really like the TBL s29b. The skin tones don't quite match up so I edited them in post (it's not perfect but pretty damn close imo) with an included comparison at the bottom incase anybody is interested.

Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Lapdps10

Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Lapdps11

23Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:26 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That turned out really well!

24Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:33 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice!

25Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Empty Re: Female Police/SWAT Officer kitbash Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:34 pm

Ovy

Ovy
It's just a great funny headsculpt.

Despite the marketing and labeling I always found the s28/29 looks rather muscular/trained/strong. So very fitting for the character you made.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum