OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Violent Resolutions - From the World of House of Seasons

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky

Valiarde

Valiarde
Wow seriously one of the best actions sequences in 1/6 I've ever seen. So dynamic, so real!

Just perfect!!

This build up to the fight was awesome already but the dynamic flying hair and the battle was sth else. And the finale was totally worth it!

Epic

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! just wow! cheers cheers cheers  That had everything Adam! From the quiet beginnings where our favourite female gang hang out and chill, to set off for a night they probably won't forget in a hurry! lol! lol! lol! .
I know the 'star ' of this sequence is your latest character, but your auburn haired girl really steals the show in these opening images. It's the way you m=have conveyed her through movement, right down to the bend in her leg while she stands. That my friend is amazing attention to detail!
Onto the main event! I couldn't help but stop and try and pick out all the famous faces in the crowd lol! . You have an amazing selection of both licensed and personal creations in there! I loved the money changing hands, it really helped to give atmosphere to the event.
That fighter looks quite menacing, but the girl at the bar is up for a fight! and man, can she fight! well up until she gets knocked out. She doesn't stay down for long though and comes back with an amazing victory bounce bounce . But it ain't over yet! Someone is clearly not happy about their win, things start to look ugly until the mysterious pair turn up! She doesn't mess about does she affraid Within seconds the danger has passed. Gotta say the blood effects are top notch! They work so well.
I cannot tell you how excited I was to see this post as we chatted away on insta, but man, nothing compared to your final cut! (see what I did there Very Happy )

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
i'm a simple guy, i see blood and gore i like Wink plus the choreography is really good. but whats the main star for me is the level of detail in the small items. those make or break a diorama in my opinion

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, just yesterday I talked to someone about 'Snatch' and Brad Pitt's character, weird.

I just write a list of stuff I like.

Like-List goeth as follows:

-tempo of the story felt much faster then your other stories yet. I am sure you made the hard decision to cut aeay some beautiful photos in favour of a good flow of momentum
- the new 'text pictures' are a good compromise between forum text and speech bubbles
- perfectly caught that silent screen/book tunnel vision mood while they are sitting together at home
- shoes! Many shoes beside the couch, makes the place look great and lived in.
- dramatic shoe on putting pose, Isblomma just chillin there
- did you touch up Delia's tattoos with a pen?

- as the scene changed to the bar, you could almost hear the crowd buzzing.
- I like how they are all confident/relaxed in their home but in the crowd they appear small and a bit lost, like highschoolers who snuck out.
- crowd!
- Geralt and other cameos.
- beautiful bar, all the bottles and the barrel
- really love the group shot of the four shortly before the fight starts

Krysa vs. Supasayahulk

- Krysa walking into the ring like a psycho who just tanked confindence at the bar.
- You actually pitted the biggest tbleague body vs. the smallest. They should give you money for promotion shots
- the whoosh whoosh of the hair when dodging, brilliant job dear Reverend
- Krysa playing around like an arrogant Brazilian soccer player
- fist impact sending Krysa flying
- when she went  down I saw/heard that Brad Pitt/Snatch scene before my eyes. I loved the collective facepalm of the group and Isblomma just being cool there.
- pumped up high kicks
- Knee x Face!
- Krysa not holding back anymore

End of Nero
- Nero being very tall in the suit looks great.
- the Team getting ready for battle the like some power rangers, posing for the trailer shot, while Krysa protects the Whiskey
- Nero being himself for about ten seconds before he lost his head. It was nice knowing him
- she brought a sword to a gun fight.
- I like how fast the 'fight' actually was.
- beheading shot reminded me of some slow motion scene, like Dredd 3d or something
- if that asylum horror monster Ghost story was not enough, the group is now traumatized by vicious violent beheading and slaughter.
- Krysa inspecting Nero's pretty beheaded face curiously while the other are about to puke, except.maybe Isblomma who is cool with it.
- horn...ed girl sheathing her ancient Triad Toys(?) swords
- Ryuji is to handsome to exist, probably a ghost or an avatar like projection.
- "I am Ryuji Giovanna and I have a dream"
- final cut, haha. Agree with anything BAm and the rest wrote.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Valiarde wrote:Wow seriously one of the best actions sequences in 1/6 I've ever seen. So dynamic, so real!

Just perfect!!

This build up to the fight was awesome already but the dynamic flying hair and the battle was sth else. And the finale was totally worth it!

Epic

Thank you!!!  I was so excite to really try to get a big action scene across, so I'm thrilled to hear it worked.  And so glad you enjoyed!

BAMComix wrote:Wow! just wow! cheers cheers cheers  That had everything Adam! From the quiet beginnings where our favourite female gang hang out and chill, to set off for a night they probably won't forget in a hurry! lol! lol! lol! .
I know the 'star ' of this sequence is your latest character, but your auburn haired girl really steals the show in these opening images. It's the way you m=have conveyed her through movement, right down to the bend in her leg while she stands. That my friend is amazing attention to detail!
Onto the main event! I couldn't help but stop and try and pick out all the famous faces in the crowd lol! . You have an amazing selection of both licensed and personal creations in there! I loved the money changing hands, it really helped to give atmosphere to the event.
That fighter looks quite menacing, but the girl at the bar is up for a fight! and man, can she fight! well up until she gets knocked out. She doesn't stay down for long though and comes back with an amazing victory  bounce bounce . But it ain't over yet! Someone is clearly not happy about their win, things start to look ugly until the mysterious pair turn up! She doesn't mess about does she affraid Within seconds the danger has passed. Gotta say the blood effects are top notch! They work so well.
I cannot tell you how excited I was to see this post as we chatted away on insta, but man, nothing compared to your final cut! (see what I did there Very Happy )

Thanks so much!!!  Yeah, SOMEONE made the very clever suggestion about the money, and I think it really added a ton.  And so happy you enjoyed.  I really do love trying to convey subtle stuff through body language, like a shyness, or swagger, or a sense of urgency.  It's really the most fun for me.  Felt great to try new stuff, like the blood, and all pays off to hear you enjoyed!

Tjolnir wrote:i'm a simple guy, i see blood and gore i like Wink plus the choreography is really good. but whats the main star for me is the level of detail in the small items. those make or break a diorama in my opinion

Amen to that man!  It was about time things got bloody. Very Happy And so glad you appreciate the little details!  I completely agree, that's the stuff that makes an environment feel lived in, and it feels great when all the little parts come together as a while.  Thank so much!

Ovy wrote:Haha, just yesterday I talked to someone about 'Snatch' and Brad Pitt's character, weird.

I just write a list of stuff I like.

Like-List goeth as follows:

-tempo of the story felt much faster then your other stories yet. I am sure you made the hard decision to cut aeay some beautiful photos in favour of a good flow of momentum
- the new 'text pictures' are a good compromise between forum text and speech bubbles
- perfectly caught that silent screen/book tunnel vision mood while they are sitting together at home
- shoes! Many shoes beside the couch, makes the place look great and lived in.
- dramatic shoe on putting pose, Isblomma just chillin there
- did you touch up Delia's tattoos with a pen?

- as the scene changed to the bar, you could almost hear the crowd buzzing.
- I like how they are all confident/relaxed in their home but in the crowd they appear small and a bit lost, like highschoolers who snuck out.
- crowd!
- Geralt and other cameos.
- beautiful bar, all the bottles and the barrel
- really love the group shot of the four shortly before the fight starts

Krysa vs. Supasayahulk

- Krysa walking into the ring like a psycho who just tanked confindence at the bar.
- You actually pitted the biggest tbleague body vs. the smallest. They should give you money for promotion shots
- the whoosh whoosh of the hair when dodging, brilliant job dear Reverend
- Krysa playing around like an arrogant Brazilian soccer player
- fist impact sending Krysa flying
- when she went  down I saw/heard that Brad Pitt/Snatch scene before my eyes. I loved the collective facepalm of the group and Isblomma just being cool there.
- pumped up high kicks
- Knee x Face!
- Krysa not holding back anymore

End of Nero
- Nero being very tall in the suit looks great.
- the Team getting ready for battle the like some power rangers, posing for the trailer shot, while Krysa protects the Whiskey
- Nero being himself for about ten seconds before he lost his head. It was nice knowing him
- she brought a sword to a gun fight.
- I like how fast the 'fight' actually was.
- beheading shot reminded me of some slow motion scene, like Dredd 3d or something
- if that asylum horror monster Ghost story was not enough, the group is now traumatized by vicious violent beheading and slaughter.
- Krysa inspecting Nero's pretty beheaded face curiously while the other are about to puke, except.maybe Isblomma who is cool with it.
- horn...ed girl sheathing her ancient Triad Toys(?) swords
- Ryuji is to handsome to exist, probably a ghost or an avatar like projection.
- "I am Ryuji Giovanna and I have a dream"
- final cut, haha. Agree with anything BAm and the rest wrote.

Oh man, there is so much "Snatch" energy in this shoot.  All it's missing is some dags.  Some responses:

-Love that the pacing comes through.  Tried to be really conscious of it.  and yeah, around 350 photos I cut down to the almost 90 here.  Getting better at killing even shots I love.
-I think the new text cards are the way to go from here on out for me.
-I love that vibe when friends can hang out and do their own things too.  Feels close and comfortable to me.
-Yeah, piles of shoes always feel like that to me too.
-Isblomma is pull on her boots too!  More apparent in a cut shot.  My partner commented on how like Alice, that's exactly how she puts on flats too.  
-I have at times!  I think I did a little after the Yule shoot.  Although they have held up very well overall.  

- So glad you like the crowd!  I honestly debated changing every outfit to make them less recognizable, or embracing the cameos, and the fun of spotting them.  In the end, impatience won out.  So glad to finally reveal the bar!  And you're totally right, Alice and Isblomma especially are WAY out of their comfort zone.

-Yeah, TBLeague really needs to make me an ambassador or something.  Will totally work for free bodies.  

-Sometimes it DOES pay to bring a sword to a gun (and magik) fight.  
-Nero gets his moment of glory before leaving the HoS world.  
-I lucked out with that suit fit, on the 2nd body I tried, from the pile of old ones I have laying around.
-Ryuji's handsomeness really is his mystical power.  
-And yeah, things may get rough on the group from here on out.  More nasty villains to come, and now that I've gotten more comfortable making gore, we'll probably see a lot more of that.  

So happy you enjoyed!!!!!  Was so excited to share.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stunning work, Adam. Anything I can say has already been said, but I loved all of it. The pacing, the complex posing, the dynamic progression through the shots, the script/story, the twist at the end. And so many of the interactions between two or more figures came out utterly flawlessly. Also appreciate the massive crowd, and the way it was shot (informatively, but recognizing its background function, extending all the way to just the feet and lower legs of the ones up on the balcony), and I realize how difficult it would have been to choreograph the main action and such a large background group at the same time. And more needs to be said about the excellence of your bar diorama, which is just excellent for this type of dive. Bravo!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, you've officially out done yourself yet again, Rev! Your photo series consistently raise the bar, especially when it comes to posing and overall mastery of visual storytelling. Can't even imagine how long it must have taken to set all of this up!!

Ovy has already made the most epic list detailing some of the especially delightful elements of this, but I'll try...

- the pile of purses and shoes at the beginning is indeed a hilariously accurate detail. Also how ironic I was just moaning to you about how hard it is to find shoes that I actually like for these figures... Laughing

- Loved the 'who's who' of the crowd. The mix of kitbashes with more recognisable figures actually worked really well, and added a ton of visual interest to the scenes. I couldn't help but think of how fun it would be to hide that recently announced 'Where's Waldo?' figure amongst them. :'D

- as others have said, it's pretty awesome how you also used the the crowd to add a bit of extra emphasis to the actual fight scene. The fact that so many were watching them, filming on their phones, betting money on them, etc, all emphasised the 'stakes' of the fight.

- the bood effects are freaking amazing. Those last few shots gives the whole thing a Tarantino-ish vibe. Love the horned red-eyed swordswoman placing the head onto the bar, such a great touch and says volumes about her character and personality without any words needed.

- this new mysterious Asian dude is indeed quite intriguing. I am guessing we will be seeing more of him?

- how did you do the blood effects on Krysa's face? was it photoshopped or actual effects? (I ask because I would love to be able to do some 'bloody mouth' type scenes but without permanantly marking a headsculpt.)

- it was hilarious how the beheaded villain had the same shouting expression on his face the whole time as both a living and then dead guy, and yet it totally worked in both contexts, lol.

- the girls' expressions and gestures during the fight were also so well done, and helped add to the cinematic immersion of this whole photoseries, not to mention the emotional impact.

- I actually felt truly upset watching Krysa get punched in the stomach and then knocked out by that big dude. Doesn't matter if she is a badass fighter and can hold her own, it was still quite visceral to see. I flipped from being highly amused by the fight to getting super angry on her behalf and wanting him to get his comeuppance in a matter of seconds.  

- LOVE the Ron Perlman bartender. He added SO much character to this whole scene. I could have watched a whole photoseries just about him, lol. (Also really like the bar itself -- curious if you made it, found it, etc.)

There's so much to see here, I'll certainly come back to look at this again and again!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

davidd

davidd
I... don't even have rational words to string together at the moment.

Do these figures actually stand and balance like that?

The big dude reminded me of a pro wrestler who was popular when I was a kid: Jimmy Snuka (who later in his career, unfortunately, became involved in tragedy and scandal).

So much amazing action, but for me, the highlight was the three or four panels of the girls leaping over the back of the sofa, pulling on their shoes, and dashing out the door! That shoe-pulling-on pic is just I love you !

BAMComix

BAMComix
ReverendSpooky wrote:Thanks so much!!!  Yeah, SOMEONE made the very clever suggestion about the money, and I think it really added a ton.  And so happy you enjoyed.  I really do love trying to convey subtle stuff through body language, like a shyness, or swagger, or a sense of urgency.  It's really the most fun for me.  Felt great to try new stuff, like the blood, and all pays off to hear you enjoyed! .

scratch I wonder who that could've been?? lol! lol! lol!

Valiarde

Valiarde
I also want to ask, if you used any cords, magnets or glue sticks for the fighting scenes or did you balance everything out? lol Smile

Dynamic hair ist great for the fight, so much motion

- agree with what others said: Looking at the crowd was so much fun, like when dr Strange appeared

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That was seriously awesome. Cool set up, amazing poses, and a story told with little to no actual dialogue or exposition. Very cool. I really enjoyed how you pulled off the blood effects, and all the different characters as spectators. Are those chess pieces are barstools? Pretty clever. Great stuff, Adam.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Violent Resolutions - From the World of House of Seasons  C8485110

Illusion

Illusion
Epic - grand - grandiose...

paid off to just stay down last time. Would have been quite a hard fall again... Shocked

Amazingly dynamic posing - again - as usual...

Excellent diorama

Just LOVE the crowd (so nice to get an idea who else is living in your collection  Cool Doc Strange looks kind of strange among them... Violent Resolutions - From the World of House of Seasons  Smilie_musik_015  ) - I can feel their eagerness for the fight.

The flying hair.... the blood effects.... just stunning.

Little Nero is just precious.  Laughing

I already have quite a crush for the Killer Kiyoha head, but you brought it to new heights. Very cool.

As for Ryuji: first though "oh, hello precious... who are you?" - then: "wait ... all clear here, you are already in my team, just dressed in white" (I have the Hot Toys Storm Shadow)

PS:
I'd suggest a disclaimer: "no TBLeague bodies were damaged during this shooting"

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:Stunning work, Adam. Anything I can say has already been said, but I loved all of it. The pacing, the complex posing, the dynamic progression through the shots, the script/story, the twist at the end. And so many of the interactions between two or more figures came out utterly flawlessly. Also appreciate the massive crowd, and the way it was shot (informatively, but recognizing its background function, extending all the way to just the feet and lower legs of the ones up on the balcony), and I realize how difficult it would have been to choreograph the main action and such a large background group at the same time. And more needs to be said about the excellence of your bar diorama, which is just excellent for this type of dive. Bravo!

Thanks you so much!!!  I was very lucky the crowd behaved, and once set up, there were no disastrous falling chain-reactions.  I'm glad to finally get to reveal the bar elements too!  They'll do double duty in the world of the Radio Kings as well, although I still have some tricks up my sleeve to add.

skywalkersaga wrote:Well, you've officially out done yourself yet again, Rev! Your photo series consistently raise the bar, especially when it comes to posing and overall mastery of visual storytelling. Can't even imagine how long it must have taken to set all of this up!!

Yeah!!!!  Thanks so much Sky!!!  Yeah, this took a bit to pull together, buy the reaction is so worth it!

skywalkersaga wrote:Ovy has already made the most epic list detailing some of the especially delightful elements of this, but I'll try...

Bring it on!

skywalkersaga wrote:- the pile of purses and shoes at the beginning is indeed a hilariously accurate detail. Also how ironic I was just moaning to you about how hard it is to find shoes that I actually like for these figures... Laughing

It was EXACTLY what it always looked like at my place growing up, just piles of everyone's shoes, bags, and coats.  And yeah, there really are some good options out there for shoes.  Let me know if there's anything particular you're looking for and I'll keep an eye out.

skywalkersaga wrote:- Loved the 'who's who' of the crowd. The mix of kitbashes with more recognisable figures actually worked really well, and added a ton of visual interest to the scenes. I couldn't help but think of how fun it would be to hide that recently announced 'Where's Waldo?' figure amongst them. :'D

If only that Waldo figure was out!  Although I'd have to have figured out something truly heinous to be doing in the background as a reward for the eagle-eyed.  

skywalkersaga wrote:- as others have said, it's pretty awesome how you also used the the crowd to add a bit of extra emphasis to the actual fight scene. The fact that so many were watching them, filming on their phones, betting money on them, etc, all emphasised the 'stakes' of the fight.

I'm so glad the crowd pulled together.  I worried if I had enough of a collection, and as soon as I saw all together I felt so good about it, like it would really sell the scene.

skywalkersaga wrote:- the bood effects are freaking amazing. Those last few shots gives the whole thing a Tarantino-ish vibe. Love the horned red-eyed swordswoman placing the head onto the bar, such a great touch and says volumes about her character and personality without any words needed.

Thank you!!!   I knew it'd be an experiment, and might have been a big reason I've put off shooting til now.  But now that I know it works, expect to see a lot more gore.  And yeah, she is an absolute badass, and is a big part of how he's been able to take over all he has.  

skywalkersaga wrote:- this new mysterious Asian dude is indeed quite intriguing. I am guessing we will be seeing more of him?

Oh yeah.  As I was figuring out his name, more and more of his background was coming together.  He's a pretty ruthless gangster, but way more scrupulous than a lot of the guys he's replacing.  He's a big believer that crime needs to be regulated to keep the worst elements in check.   Equinox needs both the royals and elites, as well as it's underworld, and as those element overlap, he'll be involved in a lot of it.  

skywalkersaga wrote:- how did you do the blood effects on Krysa's face? was it photoshopped or actual effects? (I ask because I would love to be able to do some 'bloody mouth' type scenes but without permanantly marking a headsculpt.)

All real!  So, everything was done with hot glue and a Citidel effects paint called "Blood for the Blood God" (the single greatest paint name ever).  I painted everything on parchment paper (like for baking) and of course slopped paint everywhere.  I realized afterwards that once the paint dried, I could peel it off the parchment, and it was just tacky enough to stick to the figures.  Works fantastic, and i highly recommend giving it a try.

skywalkersaga wrote:- it was hilarious how the beheaded villain had the same shouting expression on his face the whole time as both a living and then dead guy, and yet it totally worked in both contexts, lol.

Laughing He never had the chance to close his mouth!  

skywalkersaga wrote:- the girls' expressions and gestures during the fight were also so well done, and helped add to the cinematic immersion of this whole photoseries, not to mention the emotional impact.

Aim so glad!!!!  Yeah, there were a few shot I just felt "that's it exactly."  Delia and Thornapple's exasperation when Krysa got up felt like it played just right.  I'm so glad!!!!

skywalkersaga wrote:- I actually felt truly upset watching Krysa get punched in the stomach and then knocked out by that big dude. Doesn't matter if she is a badass fighter and can hold her own, it was still quite visceral to see. I flipped from being highly amused by the fight to getting super angry on her behalf and wanting him to get his comeuppance in a matter of seconds.  

Yeah, I wanted it to feel pretty brutal for EXACTLY that reason, and to establish some real danger.  So freakin happy that worked!

skywalkersaga wrote:- LOVE the Ron Perlman bartender. He added SO much character to this whole scene. I could have watched a whole photoseries just about him, lol. (Also really like the bar itself -- curious if you made it, found it, etc.)

I'm so glad!  Yeah, he just looked so exasperated when Krysa stole his bottle.  Definitely a rough night for him.  I think his name will be Kellen, and he's going to pull double duty in both worlds, HoS and Radio Kings, like some sort of universal constant.  He may just have to get his own series now...

skywalkersaga wrote:There's so much to see here, I'll certainly come back to look at this again and again!

Please do!

davidd wrote:I... don't even have rational words to string together at the moment.

Do these figures actually stand and balance like that?

The big dude reminded me of a pro wrestler who was popular when I was a kid: Jimmy Snuka (who later in his career, unfortunately, became involved in tragedy and scandal).

So much amazing action, but for me, the highlight was the three or four panels of the girls leaping over the back of the sofa, pulling on their shoes, and dashing out the door! That shoe-pulling-on pic is just I love you !

Thank you David!!!  My work here is done.  

And they actually do!  I'm still amazed and impressed with what you can accomplish with these seamless bodies.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka!  I remember him too, and now that you mention it, he does look like him. Hadn't heard about all his later in life drama.  Holy crap!

And so glad you dig the quieter moments.  I really liked how those came out too, and they're always so much fun to shoot.

BAMComix wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Thanks so much!!!  Yeah, SOMEONE made the very clever suggestion about the money, and I think it really added a ton.  And so happy you enjoyed.  I really do love trying to convey subtle stuff through body language, like a shyness, or swagger, or a sense of urgency.  It's really the most fun for me.  Felt great to try new stuff, like the blood, and all pays off to hear you enjoyed! .

scratch I wonder who that could've been?? lol! lol! lol!

Yeah, it kinda pays off to have smart friends.

Valiarde wrote:I also want to ask, if you used any cords, magnets or glue sticks for the fighting scenes or did you balance everything out? lol   Smile

Dynamic hair ist great for the fight, so much motion

- agree with what others said: Looking at the crowd was so much fun, like when dr Strange appeared

All just balanced out!  It's actually easier with multiple figures, as they can help balance each other.  Although I REALLY want to shoot some skateboard scenes soon, and I think I'm going to need to figure out a few new tricks.

That hair is the unsung hero of action scenes like these.  You really can get such a sense of movement with it.  

And yeah, Dr Strange totally deserves some time off to have a beer and watch a fight.  I did make him leave the big billowing cape at home.  

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! That was seriously awesome. Cool set up, amazing poses, and a story told with little to no actual dialogue or exposition. Very cool. I really enjoyed how you pulled off the blood effects, and all the different characters as spectators. Are those chess pieces are barstools? Pretty clever. Great stuff, Adam.

Thank you so much!!!  Good guess on the barstools, but no.  They're actually those unfinished wood candlesticks you can get at the craft store, cut down and topped with tops from tequila bottles (which I have in abundance).  And so happy you liked the blood effects!  Plan to make a more from here on out.  

Illusion wrote:Epic - grand - grandiose...

paid off to just stay down last time. Would have been quite a hard fall again... Shocked

Amazingly dynamic posing - again - as usual...

Excellent diorama

Just LOVE the crowd (so nice to get an idea who else is living in your collection  Cool Doc Strange looks kind of strange among them... Violent Resolutions - From the World of House of Seasons  Smilie_musik_015  ) - I can feel their eagerness for the fight.

The flying hair.... the blood effects.... just stunning.

Little Nero is just precious.  Laughing

I already have quite a crush for the Killer Kiyoha head, but you brought it to new heights. Very cool.

As for Ryuji: first though "oh, hello precious... who are you?" - then: "wait ... all clear here, you are already in my team, just dressed in white" (I have the Hot Toys Storm Shadow)

PS:
I'd suggest a disclaimer: "no TBLeague bodies were damaged during this shooting"

Thank you Illusion!!!  Yeah, there are some characters in that crowd overdue for some photo time.  I always mean to shoot some of them too... I tried to stick to just the ones who would reasonable blend in, or looked mostly human. Yondu and Spiderman had to stay in the display case.

Isn't that Killer Kiyoha head great!?  I was so happy to get one, and I felt really good about the repainted eyes.  

And yeah, Ryuji/Byung-hun/Storm Shadow is just empirically handsome.  I considered other heads for him, but it's the only one that felt right, and carried that necessary charisma.

And I'm AMAZED no TBLeague bodies were damaged during this shoot.  I really am a little rough on them to get certain poses, and I'm actually always so impressed they are as sturdy as they are.  But this shoot at least gets the union safety seal of approval.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Double duty for the two fantasy worlds sounds like a very good idea. Maybe worlds collide? Maybe you just put a few different posters on the bar wall and a few different accessories on the figures. Smile

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Once again another epic scene/story/photoshoot! So many characters!! Shocked For me a crowd scene is 4 or 5 figures!  Laughing Anyway, I'm running out of superlatives to describe your work, but this one is just incredible for its sheer scale, and the dynamism of the action, and the story keeps adding new twists, it's all so engaging.  I love you

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Aghh!!! I've never seen this level of brutality in your work! That was such an awesome fight and action sequence, and choreographed in such a fluid way. Convincing fights and showing the impact of landing hits can be challenging, but you totally nailed it. Did you make those blood effect attachments yourself or what?

Long-haired Chris can smash boulders with his fists, sure, but he is no match for little Krysa! You made such great use of that screaming headsculpt, works perfectly for a beheading. lol And you didn't even need GubernatorFan's de-necking technique for this one. 🤣 Ryuji and his horned henchwoman are badass additions to the cast, and unexpected.

That is quite the collection making up the audience, some of my favorite characters hidden in there. Pretty sure I saw Tyler Durden from Fight Club looking on in the back of the crowd, which just works perfectly considering the setting and blood spatter. And of course The Doctor can just show up in any universe or timeline, haha. If this is what to expect from all of your fight scenes, I am so looking forward to seeing what you do with the Radio Kings!

Alcina2k

That’s amazing 🤩
What a great story and shots !!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Best fight scene ever ! I try it sometimes just for myself and fun to pose my figures in fight scenes. I use marvel comics for my inspiration. But.... at last that are pictures i can´t show anyone Laughing  To bad.
Think i need that kind of movement effects ...  *swoosh* *zack*   Very Happy  Yours looks like Great. Thanks for entertainment. I love the little blond one. So Cute and crazy I love you

I love the Pit and Your Barkeeper. That looks like a original barkeeper face to me. Well choosen

oh, and the guests are fantastic, every single one of them. But they make their bets while the fight. Think that´s not legal Wink

What a shame they killed the screaming slim guy. I love him to. He looks so good between the other punisher guy. I like the diffrence between the bodys. May i ask for closer picture of him for to make some Faceapp experiments ? If i can close his mouth he´s fantastic for story telling

Valiarde

Valiarde
Dr Strange is just like that cool beer guy meme: lol!

Violent Resolutions - From the World of House of Seasons  FRN9SBVh_vhbDqA8CQPBw4Ttu0aD7rY5ss10a4LgWWE

Just rewatched a bit of your series and the fighting effects are the best part for me, the swoooshing hair and the blood effects is just so good for dynamic scenes.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Screaming slim guy is called Little Nero, at least within Reverend's story.

Nice find, Valiarde.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:Double duty for the two fantasy worlds sounds like a very good idea. Maybe worlds collide? Maybe you just put a few different posters on the bar wall and a few different accessories on the figures. Smile

Right?!  Yeah, totally my plan.  I have a few different props for each world, and a bit of re-arranging.  A couple fun ones too I can't wait to show...

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Once again another epic scene/story/photoshoot! So many characters!! Shocked For me a crowd scene is 4 or 5 figures!  Laughing Anyway, I'm running out of superlatives to describe your work, but this one is just incredible for its sheer scale, and the dynamism of the action, and the story keeps adding new twists, it's all so engaging.  I love you

Thank you TGF!!!!  Yeah, I went through my collection, bins of old bodies, and unused clothes to put this together.  I considered swapping out a few more outfits to make some look less iconic (cough Dr Strange cough) but in the end just couldn't wait to start shooting.  I still haven't had the time to put them all back together and get them back to their display cabinets throughout the house.  And so thrilled you're enjoying the story!!!  Lots more action planned from here on out.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Aghh!!! I've never seen this level of brutality in your work! That was such an awesome fight and action sequence, and choreographed in such a fluid way. Convincing fights and showing the impact of landing hits can be challenging, but you totally nailed it. Did you make those blood effect attachments yourself or what?

Long-haired Chris can smash boulders with his fists, sure, but he is no match for little Krysa! You made such great use of that screaming headsculpt, works perfectly for a beheading. lol And you didn't even need GubernatorFan's de-necking technique for this one. 🤣 Ryuji and his horned henchwoman are badass additions to the cast, and unexpected.

That is quite the collection making up the audience, some of my favorite characters hidden in there. Pretty sure I saw Tyler Durden from Fight Club looking on in the back of the crowd, which just works perfectly considering the setting and blood spatter. And of course The Doctor can just show up in any universe or timeline, haha. If this is what to expect from all of your fight scenes, I am so looking forward to seeing what you do with the Radio Kings!

Yeah!!!!  Thanks so much AlKelAstra!  Brutality was exactly what I was going for.  I wanted this to be VISCERAL.  And yeah, totally made the blood effects, with hot glue and Citadel's Blood For the Blood God effects paint.  Made it separately on wax paper, and then all you need to do is heat it slightly where you want it to stick.  And you can even peel some of the overpainting off the parchment and uses for other effects, like Krysa's injuries.  

And the crowd cameo's turned out to be such an unexpected hit!  There are actually 3 Tyler's lurking in the crowd (lol) and who knew the Doctor would have a soft spot for such bloodsports (or maybe he's just disappointed in us all).  I might have to have Ryuji's Oni enforcer doing all my de-necking from now on.  Razz

Alcina2k wrote:That’s amazing 🤩
What a great story and shots !!

Thank you Alcina!!!  So glad you enjoyed!

Ephiane wrote:Best fight scene ever ! I try it sometimes just for myself and fun to pose my figures in fight scenes. I use marvel comics for my inspiration. But.... at last that are pictures i can´t show anyone Laughing  To bad.
Think i need that kind of movement effects ...  *swoosh* *zack*   Very Happy  Yours looks like Great. Thanks for entertainment. I love the little blond one. So Cute and crazy I love you

I love the Pit and Your Barkeeper. That looks like a original barkeeper face to me. Well choosen

oh, and the guests are fantastic, every single one of them. But they make their bets while the fight. Think that´s not legal Wink

What a shame they killed the screaming slim guy. I love him to. He looks so good between the other punisher guy. I like the diffrence between the bodys. May i ask for  closer picture of him for to make some Faceapp experiments ? If i can close his mouth he´s fantastic for story telling

Thank you Ephiane!!!  I'm with you, comics are my biggest influence for showing action.  Have you ever heard of "Understanding Comics" by Scott McCloud?  I actually highly recommend for everyone here doing action in photos.  It explores how we perceive action in comics, and points out how in comics, action truly happens "between the panels", and how the artist will draw the moment before (like someone winding up a punch) and the extreme end of the follow through, and how the reader perceives the action between.  There are a lot of cool concepts like that in the book, and I think it's super helpful for any of us portraying action in photos.  And so glad you're loving Krysa!  She's such a fun character for me.  

And he really is the perfect bartender, right?!  Don't be surprised when he shows up in Radio Kings too.  He's so perfect he just exists in all worlds.

And now I REALLY want to see the photos you CAN'T show!!!

And I hadn't even thought about the bets!  You're right, that is shady!  

I'll have to get you a few more shots of Little Nero Which I guess requires putting his head back on).  Yeah, that head has such limited uses, and he's definitely departed the HoS world, although that doesn't mean the last you'll see it...    

Valiarde wrote:Dr Strange is just like that cool beer guy meme:   lol!

Violent Resolutions - From the World of House of Seasons  FRN9SBVh_vhbDqA8CQPBw4Ttu0aD7rY5ss10a4LgWWE

Just rewatched a bit of your series and the fighting effects are the best part for me, the swoooshing hair and the blood effects is just so good for dynamic scenes.

OMG, he so is!!!  Never seen that meme, but too perfect.  And yeah, it's so tricky to try to convey motion in still photos, so the hair and blood help a lot!  Still trying to come up with new tricks.

GubernatorFan wrote:Screaming slim guy is called Little Nero, at least within Reverend's story.

Nice find, Valiarde.

Yeah, thanks Guv!  RIP Little Nero, you had your moment.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Whoever was looking for the Little Nero head sculpt, it is listed on eBay as:
1/6 Scale WWII Soldier Open Mouth Expression Head Sculpt Fit 12'' Male Body
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324560693483?_trkparms=aid%3D1110002%26algo%3DSPLICE.SOI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200722115301%26meid%3Da8b9897f28f645949e04415b931b3066%26pid%3D100044%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D324474765640%26itm%3D324560693483%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2508447%26algv%3DPromotedSellersOtherItemsV2WithMLRv3%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p2508447.c100044.m43681

Allotropos

Allotropos
oh fork me that is one heluva story !
When you understand the pictures and how it flows without captions you know the guy behind the camera is a damn good storyteller !
so much to take in so much going on !
kudos to you Rev.
well done indeed !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum