OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paul and Jessica on vacation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Paul and Jessica on vacation Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These were all at one point or another meant for the Barbie deBarbiefied thread, as they feature slightly or not-so-slightly modified Barbie and Ken items. I tried to put them all together in a logical sequence for a silly and tongue-in-cheek story (some of it is a slight edit of an older version). Some items require little modification, others more, and some of the improved ones still suffer from being undersized.

It was a beautiful day at the start of their vacation. Jessica and Paul were driving down the highway, enjoying the dry heat and the stunning nature all around them.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Mc0610

Despite the natural landmarks surrounding them, they were lost. "Like a man," Paul had refused to stop and ask for directions. So he decided to turn around and try another way.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Mc0711

"Like a woman," Jessica would not stop nagging him about it.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Mc0810

They had almost turned around when...

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Mc0910

Paul had to slam the brakes. Apart from the screeching of the brakes, there was heard the slightest of thumps, as a human body collapsed on the road in front of them.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Mc1010

It was local gadfly Sullivan, who none the worse for wear, proceeded to unleash a cacophony of curses and insults at our city slickers.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Mc1110

"I swear, he came out of nowhere!" yelled Paul, while Jessica was (exceptionally) lost for words.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Mc1210

While Jessica was trying to find a signal and talk to the insurance company, Paul realized that there might be a simpler way to get rid of the problem, as the angry Sullivan did not seem injured one bit.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Mc1310

Sullivan readily accepted a thick pile of $20 bills, while continuing to abuse Paul and his stupid little car.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Mc1410

Paul patiently hung his head and took a couple more minutes of abuse, before Sullivan decided he's yelled enough and disappeared into the same nowhere he had come from.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Mc0510

Paul and Jessica got back into their cozy little car and continued on their way, hoping their trip home would be less exciting.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Mc1510

That evening, Jessica took a relaxing bath while Paul was getting ready for bed.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Bbb0110

They determined that the close call that afternoon should not be allowed to keep them from enjoying what was left of their vacation time.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Bbb0410

Jessica suggested what was bound to be a bigger change of scenery and a pleasant getaway.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Bbb0710

Having made a few calls and packed a couple of suitcases, two days later Jessica and Paul were enjoying a sunny, breezy beach in Hawaii.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Pj0210

And by the looks of it, Jessica is well on her way to learning how to surf and ride over the blue.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Pj0310

More photos of some of these scenes, characters, or accessories in various posts in:  
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t127-barbie-debarbiefied-continuously-updated#1823

#barbie #ken #debarbiefied #custom #accessory #paulwalker #jessicaalba #sullivanstapleton #satire #photostory

2photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:13 pm

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
It could have been such a nice outing if this guy hadn't been lying on the road.

3photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:28 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Let's be glad Logan did not scratch the car.  Laughing
I see they also use an illegal car sign. That encounter was hilariously random, could also have been a car full of clowns from the Astraverse.

I know everything is allowed in satire, but was it necessary to put Paul Walker into a car crash?

And wasn't Josh Brolin also Into the blue? I actually don't remember if I ever watched that movie, if yes I forgot most about it. The plot and all. Let's see if Thanos shows up.

Well and then it's only a matter of time until Vin Diesel shows up. Laughing Be it as the fast and furious guy to race Paul, the XXX guy for action, Groot or Riddick. I mean we have a SciFi character here already, we know about Jessica's secret identity as Laser Angel.

Anyway, seems the 2000s are back to be retro next.

4photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That was a close one. Seeing as Sullivan was probably a con-artist, that could have gone down a much darker path than just losing a few hundred bucks. Nice little car. Appropriate that Paul & Jessica are together in your little vignette of photos -- weren't PW & JA in some semi-skin-ploitation movie together years ago? I'm pretty sure I remember some tropical scenery and plenty of bikini and shirtless scenes of the two of them in some movie that really sucked.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation C8485110

5photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:14 pm

Chip

Humorous as usual , I have to admit I am impressed by the bathroom scenes , they are a great piece of dio work .

6photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gizems nice Kittens wrote:It could have been such a nice outing if this guy hadn't been lying on the road.

Thanks, yes, it would have been, but he wasn't lying on the road, he jumped in front of the car to pretend they hit him and swindle their money.

Ovy wrote:Let's be glad Logan did not scratch the car.  Laughing I see they also use an illegal car sign. That encounter was hilariously random, could also have been a car full of clowns from the Astraverse. I know everything is allowed in satire, but was it necessary to put Paul Walker into a car crash? And wasn't Josh Brolin also Into the blue? I actually don't remember if I ever watched that movie, if yes I forgot most about it. The plot and all. Let's see if Thanos shows up. Well and then it's only a matter of time until Vin Diesel shows up. Laughing Be it as the fast and furious guy to race Paul, the XXX guy for action, Groot or Riddick. I mean we have a SciFi character here already, we know about Jessica's secret identity as Laser Angel. Anyway, seems the 2000s are back to be retro next.

It was not Logan (Hugh Jackman) but Sullivan Stapleton (his head is from the first Themistokles set). Part of the reason for the randomness was because these were originally just photos meant to illustrate various reworked Barbie products -- like the car, the bath stuff, the surf board. And these were originally meant as separate posts. It actually just hit me that Paul Walker in a car crash might be a bit on the nose -- it was not intentional, and I was probably subconsciously just associating him with driving and with Jessica Alba. But yes, they were in Into the Blue, and so was a very cool Josh Brolin. Still waiting for a really good normal Josh Brolin head sculpt, by the way... It is a fun little movie, although certainly not one of the big time classics.

Stryker2011 wrote:That was a close one. Seeing as Sullivan was probably a con-artist, that could have gone down a much darker path than just losing a few hundred bucks. Nice little car. Appropriate that Paul & Jessica are together in your little vignette of photos -- weren't PW & JA in some semi-skin-ploitation movie together years ago? I'm pretty sure I remember some tropical scenery and plenty of bikini and shirtless scenes of the two of them in some movie that really sucked.

Absolutely, and yes, Sullivan is intended as a con-artist. He has actually played a bad guy before, in an Australian movie with "snake" in the title, I think. The car is nice but even more undersized than the motorcycle (which we have discussed before). I actually ran the comparative measurements against each other (real mini cooper S and this, adjusting for scale), and it was quite disheartening, to the point where I thought I shouldn't post these here -- but there was a discussion of Paul and Jessica elsewhere, so I needed to follow up. I think you are referring to the movie Into the Blue. Yes, it is tropical and there is plenty of natural and bodily beauty, for sure, but it would be rather reductionist and unfair to dismiss it as a mere "semi-skin-ploitation" movie (but yes, it is not the most profound piece of cinematic drama ever produced). If you haven't seen it, you might as well. There are much worse ways of spending one's time. But I suppose tastes can vary. I, for one, have no trouble appreciating much of British television (which is diametrically opposite to this film anyway). Smile

Chip wrote:Humorous as usual , I have to admit I am impressed by the bathroom scenes , they are a great piece of dio work .

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And that you liked the bathroom diorama, which was just a few pieces thrown together with a couple of printed out surfaces for the walls and floor.

7photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:47 pm

davidd

davidd
I'm finding this amusing because I currently live in one of those places and I used to live in the other.
(The one where I previously lived was the nicer of the two. Sad )

The Cooper is nicely detailed even if somewhat undersized.

I really like that shower pipe plumbing accessory. Is that from a set, or is it something you assembled?

8photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:52 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:I'm finding this amusing because I currently live in one of those places and I used to live in the other. (The one where I previously lived was the nicer of the two. Sad  ) The Cooper is nicely detailed even if somewhat undersized. I really like that shower pipe plumbing accessory. Is that from a set, or is it something you assembled?

I'm very glad you found it amusing and that it hopefully brought up some pleasant memories. Smile The shower part is from one of the Blitzway Fight Club Tyler Durden sets. But it is probably something that one might be able to assemble from pieces from a hardware store.

9photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:06 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
davidd wrote:I'm finding this amusing because I currently live in one of those places and I used to live in the other. (The one where I previously lived was the nicer of the two. Sad  ) The Cooper is nicely detailed even if somewhat undersized. I really like that shower pipe plumbing accessory. Is that from a set, or is it something you assembled?

I'm very glad you found it amusing and that it hopefully brought up some pleasant memories. Smile The shower part is from one of the Blitzway Fight Club Tyler Durden sets. But it is probably something that one might be able to assemble from pieces from a hardware store.

scratch "Yeah, uhmm... I'm looking for a galvanized iron 90˙ elbow in, uhh, two millimeter diameter?"

10photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:19 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote: scratch  "Yeah, uhmm... I'm looking for a galvanized iron 90˙ elbow in, uhh, two millimeter diameter?"

LOL well, yeah, it would take some improvisation and would look quite heavy duty for our scale. It's been a long while since I tried sourcing pieces from a hardware store.

11photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:27 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
davidd wrote: scratch  "Yeah, uhmm... I'm looking for a galvanized iron 90˙ elbow in, uhh, two millimeter diameter?"

LOL well, yeah, it would take some improvisation and would look quite heavy duty for our scale. It's been a long while since I tried sourcing pieces from a hardware store.

It's a good idea, actually. I'll have to take a look around next time I wander in to Ace or True Value.

I use 3/8" brass compression fittings as bracelets for TBLeague figs, so there are definitely options at the hardware store if you venture in with an open, creative mind.

photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Hardware_braceletsa

12photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:It's a good idea, actually. I'll have to take a look around next time I wander in to Ace or True Value. I use 3/8" brass compression fittings as bracelets for TBLeague figs, so there are definitely options at the hardware store if you venture in with an open, creative mind.

Excellent idea and excellent result! Browsing can be very rewarding, especially if you have a bunch of general ideas in mind. Another thing one can do is get a general idea online, then go and see if it is really practicable in the store.

13photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:35 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It got an audible laugh out of me seeing Sullivan on the ground yelling and shaking his fist, the line "while continuing to abuse Paul and his stupid little car." also got a good chuckle out, maybe it's because I give them a voice in my head or something, but stupid little car sounded very funny to me.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation 1f60e

14photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:It got an audible laugh out of me seeing Sullivan on the ground yelling and shaking his fist, the line "while continuing to abuse Paul and his stupid little car." also got a good chuckle out, maybe it's because I give them a voice in my head or something, but stupid little car sounded very funny to me.

I'm very happy you found it entertaining!

15photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:49 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great pics and set up Ian Very Happy , love the convertible mini

16photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:24 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Ha!, the slightly undersized Mini just adds to the humor! The pics of them sitting in it just cracks me up, with their heads sticking out over the top of the windshield.  Razz And of course, the pose of shame, hanging his head as he gets berated. Funny!

17photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:20 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Ha!, the slightly undersized Mini just adds to the humor! The pics of them sitting in it just cracks me up, with their heads sticking out over the top of the windshield.  Razz And of course, the pose of shame, hanging his head as he gets berated. Funny!

Well, my funnies tend to be on the silly side, so I suppose we got lucky with the undersized Mini. I actually checked whether it is the same size as bumper carts, and it turned out to be a bit better than that after all. Smile I'm glad you enjoyed the poses and the humor.

18photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:44 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
That's a very nice bathroom in their vacationapartment (is that a word?).
GubernatorFan wrote:
Gizems nice Kittens wrote:It could have been such a nice outing if this guy hadn't been lying on the road.

Thanks, yes, it would have been, but he wasn't lying on the road, he jumped in front of the car to pretend they hit him and swindle their money.
That worked out nicely for him. Paul was a bit gullible, I guess.

19photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:00 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TravelGuide wrote:That worked out nicely for him. Paul was a bit gullible, I guess.

Hmm... gullible or pragmatic?

20photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:25 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very Happy
Nice little story, also funny how they go with their real first names. The two at palm beach is lovely

What do you use for the bathing foam here is that cotton?

21photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Very Happy Nice little story, also funny how they go with their real first names. The two at palm beach is lovely What do you use for the bathing foam here is that cotton?

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it, all the more so considering it originated as an attempt to create a logical connection between photos and different sets of photos.

The foam in the bath is indeed just torn up pieces of a cotton ball. Works remarkably well visually, I think. And no wet, sticky mess.

22photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:48 pm

Annalise

Annalise
Great photos and use of backdrops. I also particularly like the little details like the wear on the floor tiles in the bathroom and how you used what looks like real sand for the beach shots. Having their feet indent and be partially covered really helps to sell the realism over just standing on a sand patterned printed sheet. I also did LOL at the line "stupid little car". The under-size adds to the humour, imo. Thanks for sharing.

23photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:14 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Annalise wrote:Great photos and use of backdrops. I also particularly like the little details like the wear on the floor tiles in the bathroom and how you used what looks like real sand for the beach shots. Having their feet indent and be partially covered really helps to sell the realism over just standing on a sand patterned printed sheet. I also did LOL at the line "stupid little car". The under-size adds to the humour, imo. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed them. The tiles and walls were all printed backgrounds, but they worked rather well. The sand is real sand, well, real kinetic sand. It is a pain to deal with when it attaches to the rubbery surface, but a bit more manageable than regular sand. I still have it around somewhere, but I'm usually too lazy to mess around with it and cheat by using a far less realistic (or messy) sack cloth or towel -- I do put little bits of cotton balls underneath to make some natural undulation, but it's not quite like the real thing. Nothing beats sand when it comes to using sand, I suppose. The footprints were completely intentional. Smile

24photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:29 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great story and entertainment as ever, thanks that for. There´s so much detail in the story. I´m a little envious about the bath your figures have and the beach scene looks like so real.

25photostory - Paul and Jessica on vacation Empty Re: Paul and Jessica on vacation Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Great story and entertainment as ever, thanks that for. There´s so much detail in the story. I´m a little envious about the bath your figures have and the beach scene looks like so real.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. The bath stuff is mostly (minus the shower and maybe toilet) deBarbiefied Barbie stuff, as is the surfboard and some of the clothing. If it wasn't such a mess to play with the kinetic sand, I would redo the beach scene to get better photos -- and maybe a more substantial plot. But thanks for liking it as it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum