OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oops (photo heavy!)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

21Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 6:41 pm

AlKelAstra91

Really funny stuff, totally unexpected, haha! Never thought I would be reminded of that song again, least of all on this forum. But anything goes in the nightmares of poor Obi-Wan, he is truly haunted. I will never be able to unsee those colored Maul bodies as backup dancers now. lol That alien singer also looks really good, how much custom work did you do to it?!

22Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 20, 2021 11:25 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Really funny stuff, totally unexpected, haha! Never thought I would be reminded of that song again, least of all on this forum. But anything goes in the nightmares of poor Obi-Wan, he is truly haunted. I will never be able to unsee those colored Maul bodies as backup dancers now. lol That alien singer also looks really good, how much custom work did you do to it?!

Thank you very much, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and got a bit of a surprise. Speaking of nightmares, I do think Gridney had better fashion sense and the good idea to match her dancers. Wink

Let's see... I bought some soft rubbery plastic casts of the Sideshow Greedo head sculpt and hand sculpts from this great guy on eBay, not intending them for this, but it's not like I had the clothes and accessories for an actual Greedo. I had the slightly damaged not really seamless olive green Gamora body from Hot Toys (Gamora's head has long since been transplanted to an oil-pastel repainted TBLeague S25B). I had the black skin tight leather-like body suit with a broken zipper. And I had some smaller Sideshow standard imperial jackboots. So it all came together. I had to drill holes into the hands to fit the wrist pegs (somewhat poorly, as they can come off very easily, which made posing a pain, exacerbated by the outfit). I did apply some oil pastel red lipstick that I figured I can rub off later. I made a basic red shirt out of light weight cloth, tailored with black duct tape, and also fashioned a collar piece from the same, to hide the neck (which would not have matched the head sculpt), as well as cuffs to hide the wrist pegs. Then I added the wire work, which consists of six spiral-like rings, two bracelets with a different weaved design, five simple hoop earrings, one more elaborate "Rodian" earring, two pectoral pieces that interlock over the front and snake around the breasts and neck, and two head pieces secured by the base of the antennae, one over the forehead, the other rising like a traditional Russian headdress over the head; that one got as a pendant the handle from the broken zipper. Finally, I made a long necklace with a slightly complex pattern of black and red micro beads. That was about it. Believe it or not, it was less of a pain than Obi-Wan, who got a head swap, but also broke his ankle peg in two places, and I had to drill them out of the lower leg and boot and replace them with others, which I found after much in the way of archaeological excavations, after having tried every other plausible solution in the process (Sideshow uses -- or used -- very specific pegs).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

23Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Fri May 21, 2021 7:16 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Gridney was so delighted with her fans, that she asked me to provide you with this autographed photo of her:

Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Oops4310

Aww, Gridney Spears! She so sexy!

24Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Fri May 21, 2021 7:24 am

tankgirlfuzzy

I totally don't "get" this, probably because I blocked out that entire period of pop music and listened to opera and classical (oh, and U2 and the Boss, maybe a little Sting, am I showing my age?). But those Mauls as backup dancers are hilarious! and those first two shots, you have a special way of posing these serious figures and making them look so dopey it cracks me up everytime!

25Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Fri May 21, 2021 8:35 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
GubernatorFan wrote:
Ephiane wrote:You create a Charakter is worth it to get listed in the SW Wookiepedia Laughing Gridney is absolute great, and You copy the moves in excellent detail. What a diva, she steal the show to all the others

Thank you very much, I'm very glad you liked her. Considering what else has made into Wookiepedia, why not! Wink I know you yourself are no stranger to creating custom Star Wars characters, and you've made some very cool ones (who else can make a Gungan be cool!?). But I think you are wrong in one respect. Gridney wants you to know that she is just a regular girl Rodian female waiting for a nice boy to fall in love with, and she is a shy and humble person who loves animals and does not consume anything which once had less than two eyes. Smile

Yes sorry Gube, You missunderstood. I´m sure Gridney never use drugs Wink

26Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Fri May 21, 2021 1:42 pm

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Hey, you've created a beautiful spacey pop star.
We have the European Song Contest this weekend, I'm sure she would win.

27Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Fri May 21, 2021 7:02 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Now this, THIS! is why the darkside is actually feared, it's not because of the corruption or because of "force lightning" (actually called spicy light) it's because of synchronized shirtless mauls dancing to a Britney spears song being sang by a rodian lady.

Fantastic work as always, and the creativity always top notch.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 1f60e

28Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Fri May 21, 2021 11:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Our beloved Gridney Daggers wanted to thank and respond to each and every one of her bazillions of fans for the kind messages of appreciation and adulation, but when she finally came to and rolled out of bed to go to breakfast with her dancers, an unseemly brawl occurred over which one she would ride with (we cannot show you the footage of that part, it is too graphic). Moreover, she is missing one of her trademark unobtanium earrings, and her pet Mynock Spleef is the chief suspect. Due to this delay and drama, she has asked me, her lowly and adoring business manager, to respond to your comments and questions.

Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Oops4410

Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Oops4510

Stryker2011 wrote:Aww, Gridney Spears! She so sexy!

Yes, she is, isn't she. And she doesn't even have to take her clothes off. By the way, it's Daggers, not Spears. Wink

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:I totally don't "get" this, probably because I blocked out that entire period of pop music and listened to opera and classical (oh, and U2 and the Boss, maybe a little Sting, am I showing my age?). But those Mauls as backup dancers are hilarious! and those first two shots, you have a special way of posing these serious figures and making them look so dopey it cracks me up everytime!

Now you've done it. Just for this, you will have to witness Gridney perform an aria from one of her recent operas. Wink I'm glad that this still tickled you after all.

[quote="Ephiane"]
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes sorry Gube, You missunderstood. I´m sure Gridney never use drugs Wink

I can assure you that as a Galactic role model, Gridney Daggers says no to drugs. And she wouldn't need them anyway, since Rodian DNA contains the same properties as those of hallucinogenic frogs. Conspiracy theorists and inconsiderate haters attribute Rodians' high rate of success in entertainment and bounty hunting to these properties. Smile

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Hey, you've created a beautiful spacey pop star. We have the European Song Contest this weekend, I'm sure she would win.

Thank you very much. And that was funny. I was just looking at some winning Eurovision performances and music videos and, not to generalize, but some of them make me believe you that Gridney would conquer this planet too. Smile

Theboo-bomb wrote:Now this, THIS! is why the darkside is actually feared, it's not because of the corruption or because of "force lightning" (actually called spicy light) it's because of synchronized shirtless mauls dancing to a Britney spears song being sang by a rodian lady. Fantastic work as always, and the creativity always top notch.

Thank you very much, I'm delighted you liked this. But just one correction. Since Gridney is from a long time ago from a galaxy far far away, surely she is the original artist (not that one would need to prove this). Wink

29Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Sat May 22, 2021 2:29 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Leave it to a woman to create conflict between the guys — getting them to fight over her. They do seem to love their drama!

(Just kidding, ladies.)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 C8485110

30Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Sat May 22, 2021 3:35 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Leave it to a woman to create conflict between the guys — getting them to fight over her. They do seem to love their drama! (Just kidding, ladies.)

LOL Well, Gridney Daggers was offered to play the part of Helen of Troy, but she thought the subject content a bit unsuitable, being too on the nose and too soon... Smile How were the bikes? Anyway, check out this, for which I can claim absolutely no credit:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4164-terminator-t-800-building-a-harley-davidson-fat-boy-motorcycle

31Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Sat May 22, 2021 5:46 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The main bike is the right size. I can’t tell what the others look like much.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 C8485110

32Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Sat May 22, 2021 9:53 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Hah! Fantastic work!

33Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Sat May 22, 2021 11:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:The main bike is the right size. I can’t tell what the others look like much.

Thanks, and fair enough. I should have taken better photos. I will, with more normal figures, and post in your motorcycles thread.

csyeung wrote:Hah! Fantastic work!

Thank you very much, I'm very glad you liked it.

34Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Sun May 23, 2021 11:55 am

Pia community

Pia community
A very well done and funny story.
I like very much! Smile

35Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Sun May 23, 2021 1:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pia community wrote:A very well done and funny story. I like very much! Smile

Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it.

36Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 27, 2021 2:08 am

Illusion

Illusion
have just read the whole thing. Agree with the others, a great laugh once again.
impressive proof of the TBL posing potential
thanks again for the entertainment Very Happy Very Happy

37Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Thu May 27, 2021 5:50 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote:have just read the whole thing. Agree with the others, a great laugh once again. impressive proof of the TBL posing potential thanks again for the entertainment Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm very glad you liked it, and that it still served its original purpose of showcasing customized TBLeague bodies and articulation.

38Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:06 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
What a riot! Never can ha e too much humor! Made my day!

39Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:What a riot! Never can ha e too much humor! Made my day!

Thank you very much, buddy, I'm glad you liked it! And welcome back. More coming.

40Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:01 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Never in my life did I expect to see a gang of darth maul bikers with one of them riding a vespa, let alone maul riding a vespa, but I guess it's sort of similar to his speeder.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 1f60e

41Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Never in my life did I expect to see a gang of darth maul bikers with  one of them riding a vespa, let alone maul riding a vespa, but I guess it's sort of similar to his speeder.

I think this Maul drew the short stick when they were appropriating their bikes from what must have been a fairly limited set of choices. Smile Maybe that's why he's always hissing and snarling. I'm glad I'm still able to surprise. If you liked it, check out the "sequel" --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4234-rivals-photo-heavy#59153

42Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:03 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
LOL, absolutely bonkers!! Very Happy (although I refuse to let it affect my memory of that probably inappropriately super sexy video! Damn, I'd just moved to Florida to study as a Harley Davidson Mechanic when that came out! lol). Great figures of course! A little hard to tell the difference between the pastel one and Gundam marker one in this lighting though, what did you use on the taller one? you mentioned cracking in the other thread.

43Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:34 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:LOL, absolutely bonkers!! Very Happy (although I refuse to let it affect my memory of that probably inappropriately super sexy video! Damn, I'd just moved to Florida to study as a Harley Davidson Mechanic when that came out! lol). Great figures of course! A little hard to tell the difference between the pastel one and Gundam marker one in this lighting though, what did you use on the taller one? you mentioned cracking in the other thread.

Thank you very much, glad you found it funny. Was that video more inappropriate than the other one (in Rivals)? There are two M30s and (slightly taller and leaner) one M33. The first M30 (snarling head) and the M33 (smaller warmer red third party head) were oil pastel and different types of markers, while the second M30 was Gundam real paint marker. The slight cracking (nothing like it would be with regular paint) is on the more active joint areas of the M33, where I used Markal Pro-line XT Paint Marker for the black tattoos.

44Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:39 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:LOL, absolutely bonkers!! Very Happy (although I refuse to let it affect my memory of that probably inappropriately super sexy video! Damn, I'd just moved to Florida to study as a Harley Davidson Mechanic when that came out! lol). Great figures of course! A little hard to tell the difference between the pastel one and Gundam marker one in this lighting though, what did you use on the taller one? you mentioned cracking in the other thread.

Thank you very much, glad you found it funny. Was that video more inappropriate than the other one (in Rivals)? There are two M30s and (slightly taller and leaner) one M33. The first M30 (snarling head) and the M33 (smaller warmer red third party head) were oil pastel and different types of markers, while the second M30 was Gundam real paint marker. The slight cracking (nothing like it would be with regular paint) is on the more active joint areas of the M33, where I used Markal Pro-line XT Paint Marker for the black tattoos.

Cheers for explaining that...and now I must search google for a music video...lol.

45Oops (photo heavy!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Oops (photo heavy!) Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:59 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Cheers for explaining that...and now I must search google for a music video...lol.

No problem. More details in the Maul and repainting seamless bodies threads. As for the videos, the three I referenced in the two photo stories were all linked in this post here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4234-rivals-photo-heavy#59288

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum