OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rivals (photo heavy)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:31 am

Pontiacivan

Love your sense of humor, it’s my kind of weird! I also liked the Maul Rats changing poses, it can be a lot of work doing the between shot tweaks.
Keep the fun coming.
Perhaps a protest down at the lockup?

27Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:05 pm

blackpool

Awesome photostory Gub, I always enjoy your concepts and the humor they carry, that's just great (and I love that bar, what did you use to make it...?)

Agreed with SKy that Coruscant background is gorgeous and gives a very cool atmosphere to the whole scene!

28Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:55 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:Love your sense of humor, it’s my kind of weird! I also liked the Maul Rats changing poses, it can be a lot of work doing the between shot tweaks. Keep the fun coming. Perhaps a protest down at the lockup?

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And perhaps... Smile

blackpool wrote:Awesome photostory Gub, I always enjoy your concepts and the humor they carry, that's just great (and I love that bar, what did you use to make it...?) Agreed with SKy that Coruscant background is gorgeous and gives a very cool atmosphere to the whole scene!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. As for the bar, it is made (or covered with) these modular sci fi panels I picked up a long time ago from Big Bad Toy Store (I think) -- though at this point I forget what they are called and who made them. I have used them before. They are pretty basic, 3D patterned squares that can be attached to each other with simple rectangular connectors  in the cut-aways. They all have the same pattern, but you can vary it a little by rotating it, and if you really want you could double those options by flipping it over to the other side. Especially if you settle on a particular design, I suppose you could really enhance it with some weathering or coloring. I think it was probably intended for 1:18 scale, but if you connect the panels at the height of two or more, you could use them for 1:12 and 1:6 scale. Here are some photos I just took to illustrate:

Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Sfp0110

Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Sfp0210

Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Sfp0310

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

29Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:12 am

blackpool

Awesome, I'm gonna have to look around for these!

I recently assembled an "ubiquitous" set for a friend, not only was it a pain in the ass on all levels, but there is no way you unbuild it later to make another configuration, that's the real joke lol... And even with the additionnal sets, the potential for 1/6th scale photography is a bit limited

30Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Awesome, I'm gonna have to look around for these!

I recently assembled an "ubiquitous" set for a friend, not only was it a pain in the ass on all levels, but there is no way you unbuild it later to make another configuration, that's the real joke lol... And even with the additionnal sets, the potential for 1/6th scale photography is a bit limited

I hope you find it, I'm really sorry I can't remember what it is called (there is no company or brand name stamped on it). When you first asked, I looked at Big Bad Toy Store's listings (since I think that is where I got it from), but did not see it there -- it may well have sold out some time ago at that venue. It may have been new on the market in 2016-2018, if it helps. These are not quite as easy to work with as Legos but they are still relatively easy to put together and take apart, definitely modular. I think I bought two sets, which makes 40 panels (so 20 per set), plus the included little connectors (I don't know how many of those there are, it is possible I've lost some).

31Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:41 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
sometimes it's a fun scenery and light hearted cast of characters that makes you remember to just enjoy your figures once in a while instead of hunting for the next big "thing" or overthinking stuff too much. those shots really get across your love for the topic which makes them even more enjoyable.

for all the stuff i printed for my fallout diorama in recent years, i've yet to take the time to "play" with them, you sir made me ponder and for that i thank you Smile

32Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Tjolnir wrote:sometimes it's a fun scenery and light hearted cast of characters that makes you remember to just enjoy your figures once in a while instead of hunting for the next big "thing" or overthinking stuff too much. those shots really get across your love for the topic which makes them even more enjoyable.

for all the stuff i printed for my fallout diorama in recent years, i've yet to take the time to "play" with them, you sir made me ponder and for that i thank you Smile

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed them. Haven't been in a very adventurous or playful mood lately, but, yes, it's more fun. If recall, your own large dioramas (albeit for a different scale) can be very elaborate and teeming with figures.

33Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:07 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Rivals10

Thanks for the laugh, again  Laughing Great Entertainment ! I´m no expert, but i think it´s not allowed to touch the other guy in a dance battle  Laughing That´s against the rules

34Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:57 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
The Defense would like to call your attention to Exhibit H, a photograph taken just prior to Ms. Daggers’ alleged assault of Ms. Spears.

Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Rivals35

If you look at Ms Daggers’ posture in this photograph she is leaning forward and to the left.  She is obviously off-balance.

Now look at the position of Ms Spears’ left hand just above Ms. Daggers’ right elbow.

There is only one possible conclusion.

Ms. Spears shoved Ms. Daggers.  It is Ms. Spears who is the aggressor here, not Ms. Daggers.

Then, Ms. Daggers, showing an incredible amount of self restraint, simply took her turn in the spotlight instead of retaliating.   Please see Exhibit I:

Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Rivals36

Incensed, Ms. Spears, who is so stranger to aggressive and anti-social behavior, attempted to strike Ms. Daggers with her back turned only to place herself in the path of Ms. Daggers right hand.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my client, Ms. Daggers, was simply enjoying an evening out and only attempting to engage Ms. Spears in a playful and lighthearted singing and dancing competition.   Several witnesses, including Mr. Glenn and Mr. Solo, have already testified to this.

I ask that you put an end to this gross miscarriage of justice and render a verdict…the ONLY fair and honest verdict that can be rendered…and find my client….NOT GUILTY.

35Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:53 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Thanks for the laugh, again  Laughing Great Entertainment ! I´m no expert, but i think it´s not allowed to touch the other guy in a dance battle  Laughing That´s against the rules

Ah, true, but she asked her (or dared her) to do it! That is Gridney's defense anyway. Smile

Xavion2004 wrote:The Defense would like to call your attention to Exhibit H, a photograph taken just prior to Ms. Daggers’ alleged assault of Ms. Spears.

If you look at Ms Daggers’ posture in this photograph she is leaning forward and to the left.  She is obviously off-balance.

Now look at the position of Ms Spears’ left hand just above Ms. Daggers’ right elbow.

There is only one possible conclusion.

Ms. Spears shoved Ms. Daggers.  It is Ms. Spears who is the aggressor here, not Ms. Daggers.

Then, Ms. Daggers, showing an incredible amount of self restraint, simply took her turn in the spotlight instead of retaliating.   Please see Exhibit I:

Incensed, Ms. Spears, who is so stranger to aggressive and anti-social behavior, attempted to strike Ms. Daggers with her back turned only to place herself in the path of Ms. Daggers right hand.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my client, Ms. Daggers, was simply enjoying an evening out and only attempting to engage Ms. Spears in a playful and lighthearted singing and dancing competition.   Several witnesses, including Mr. Glenn and Mr. Solo, have already testified to this.

I ask that you put an end to this gross miscarriage of justice and render a verdict…the ONLY fair and honest verdict that can be rendered…and find my client….NOT GUILTY.

Oh Xavion, you smooth-talking lawyer of galactic magnitude, you. Smile Let's hope that your defense helps exonerate and free the lovely ingenue Gridney. However, there are some weaknesses you have to account for. First, part of your defense seems to be "she started it," pointing to an alleged shove (as opposed to mere posing) on the part of that red-clothed creature from Mars. Second, Ms Daggers already admitted that she had acted upon invitation ("hit me baby one more time"). Third, one of your witnesses does not check out (there was no Mr Glenn located anywhere within the star system at the time). Fourth, one of your witnesses is suspected of being a solitary impostor. Fifth, as already determined by the arresting officers on the spot, the males on the scene were all bewitched by Gridney's star power and wiles, and their testimony is worthless. I'm afraid that unless you muster additional argumentation and evidence, the case against Ms Daggers is quite likely to succeed. PS, what happened to Exhibits A-G? Smile

36Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:11 am

MX-V

MX-V
Nice work. I love it.
Hope you make more of this.

37Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MX-V wrote:Nice work. I love it. Hope you make more of this.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you liked it, there is plenty more, including the previous "adventure" of Gridney, here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4151-oops-photo-heavy

And see the links at the end of the original post for other Star Wars-related silliness.

38Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:59 am

Saturn

Saturn
Great series, fantastic work!

39Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:22 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those panels are really cool, love how modular they are and how you can do a lot of things with them, from a bar top, to a wall to maybe even some crazy borg crate or something.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 1f60e

40Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Saturn wrote:Great series, fantastic work!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Theboo-bomb wrote:Those panels are really cool, love how modular they are and how you can do a lot of things with them, from a bar top, to a wall to maybe even some crazy borg crate or something.

Thanks, I think so too. Wish I was a little more ambitious and less afraid of committing, I'd weather and paint some of them for a more realistic effect.

41Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:57 pm

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks for the entertainment - AGAIN (but also including XAVIONS defense summary. Hilarious!)

Such an awesome job in posing so many different characters in that many pics (not forgetting the less engaged Mauls.) Impressive.

42Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:24 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote:Thanks for the entertainment - AGAIN (but also including XAVIONS defense summary. Hilarious!)

Such an awesome job in posing so many different characters in that many pics (not forgetting the less engaged Mauls.) Impressive.

Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad you were entertained. And that Gridney's plight moved Xavion to such an impassioned defense. Let's hope it works. Smile Poor Mauls did not know what to do with themselves, and were trying to keep busy lest they leap at the animal magnetism that Gridney exudes on all around her. Smile

43Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:17 pm

londonroadhog

That was fun.. What I want to know is, how difficult was it to get that red bodysuit on? I have one of those, and haven’t tried to put it on a figure yet…

44Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:51 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
londonroadhog wrote:That was fun.. What I want to know is, how difficult was it to get that red bodysuit on? I have one of those, and haven’t tried to put it on a figure yet…

Thanks, glad you liked it. It was hard. I was so proud of getting it on in the end, that it motivated me to do this little photo story -- well, a bit of a chicken or egg thing really. But going slowly and patiently, and persevering will get you there. I didn't use any plastic wrap, which might have made it a little easier. Subsequently, I took it off the TBLeague body (S12D) and put it on a Jiaou body, which worked too. No staining, by the way. And this body suit is made by Jiaou.

45Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:07 am

londonroadhog

GubernatorFan wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:That was fun.. What I want to know is, how difficult was it to get that red bodysuit on? I have one of those, and haven’t tried to put it on a figure yet…

Thanks, glad you liked it. It was hard. I was so proud of getting it on in the end, that it motivated me to do this little photo story -- well, a bit of a chicken or egg thing really. But going slowly and patiently, and persevering will get you there. I didn't use any plastic wrap, which might have made it a little easier. Subsequently, I took it off the TBLeague body (S12D) and put it on a Jiaou body, which worked too. No staining, by the way. And this body suit is made by Jiaou.

Good to know, thanks.

46Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
londonroadhog wrote:Good to know, thanks.

You're very welcome. If you are curious about how it fits on the Jiaou body, see here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1403p180-clothing-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-updated-part-xxv-june-27-2021#60077

47Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:10 pm

londonroadhog

GubernatorFan wrote:
londonroadhog wrote:Good to know, thanks.

You're very welcome. If you are curious about how it fits on the Jiaou body, see here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1403p180-clothing-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-updated-part-xxv-june-27-2021#60077

Honestly! I think it looks better on the Phicen. Tighter, more figure hugging.

48Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
londonroadhog wrote:Honestly! I think it looks better on the Phicen. Tighter, more figure hugging.

Well, the TBLeague/Phicen wore it first... she may have stretched it out Smile Besides, Jiaou does have other bodies and other bust sizes than the one I happened to try it on. I think I selected this one because Sky was asking about it in particular.

49Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:01 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Beautiful job, I love that even the Magic Mauls change their position in each pic.

While linking to a post here for shovelchop, I chanced upon this again. I did not catch "Magic Mauls" the first time I read your comment. Hilarious. You are incorrigible. Smile Never change! Cheers!

50Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:37 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
LOL! Great stuff! I actually thought you were referring to a Britney video!

51Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:52 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:LOL! Great stuff! I actually thought you were referring to a Britney video!

Thank you very much, glad you liked it. Actually the references here are to two videos, and one of them is Britney's.

52Rivals (photo heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rivals (photo heavy) Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:07 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:LOL! Great stuff! I actually thought you were referring to a Britney video!

Thank you very much, glad you liked it. Actually the references here are to two videos, and one of them is Britney's.

I noticed that, well integrated. I meant a real Britney video lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum