OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 28]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice upgrades on Lurtz and Eomer. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the horse and Eowyn. I’m hoping at some point Asmus upgrades Eowyn, or gives us a new one in one of her gowns — the original head sort of sucks, and tends to only look good with the helmet on.

Theboo-bomb

Those are some good upgrades, I've been tempted to get those purses but I'm 100% certain I would just end up with a neat chainmail purse in my room.  The mix of items is very good and so is the colors, they do pop. I also read you not a very christmasy person, neither am I but I'm usually there with the rest of the family because of the food and drink and the occasional gift (Don't get those anymore) then I'm out, kinda like a food raider.  A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 1f606

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Those are some good upgrades, I've been tempted to get those purses but I'm 100% certain I would just end up with a neat chainmail purse in my room.

You and me both, buddy. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Missed these updates earlier --- Ovy is correct, Firehoof is a dapple grey. Dappling can indeed be difficult replicate convincingly, though there are some tutorials available on youtube (just search 'model horse' and 'dapples' and something should come up).

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Smile You've been busy. And I'm glad to see your enthusiasm span far and wide across the LOTR figures. I'd love to see you put them in a single continuous diorama one day. And glad to see that with more display space that dream is coming closer to being a reality.

Cheers! You mean like what I did with my Iron Man workshops?

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice upgrades on Lurtz and Eomer. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the horse and Eowyn. I’m hoping at some point Asmus upgrades Eowyn, or gives us a new one in one of her gowns — the original head sort of sucks, and tends to only look good with the helmet on.

Cheers and yes I agree especially as I don't  even  have the Asmus head! Just noticed this hs' got blue instead of brown eyes but that's a hell  of  a lot better than trying to fix it the other way around!

Theboo-bomb wrote:Those are some good upgrades, I've been tempted to get those purses but I'm 100% certain I would just end up with a neat chainmail purse in my room.  The mix of items is very good and so is the colors, they do pop. I also read you not a very christmasy person, neither am I but I'm usually there with the rest of the family because of the food and drink and the occasional gift (Don't get those anymore) then I'm out, kinda like a food raider.  A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 1f606

Yeah used to get sucked into that but becoming agoraphobic saved me from that! LOL

GubernatorFan wrote:
Theboo-bomb wrote:Those are some good upgrades, I've been tempted to get those purses but I'm 100% certain I would just end up with a neat chainmail purse in my room.

You and me both, buddy. Smile

LOL! I already have my second silver  purse dismantled into a chunk of mail, just waiting on the brass one now..

skywalkersaga wrote:Missed these updates earlier --- Ovy is correct, Firehoof is a dapple grey. Dappling can indeed be difficult replicate convincingly, though there are some tutorials available on youtube (just search 'model horse' and 'dapples' and something should come up).  

Thanks SWS! I was thinking my 'expert'(lol) knowledge of sponge  painting might help with dappling the horse, I'm also  an expert in 'finger painting' not quite up to kindergarten standard, more like painting my fingers by accident! pirat

Done weathering and made a tattered wool soldier's cloak, gave it a nice viking styled  metal clasp set. I need to redo the hilt on her sword as it's all wrong being her brother's sword, needs two symmetrical long Celtic  horse  heads, not asymmetrical wrap around ones. Gave her broken shield a handle and a belt around her waist as that area of armour just looked so  barren without a  belt.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 RxVUKa7

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Ia7edim

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 WkmKCDp

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 ISzhPK8

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 JkEkq62

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 R9N1pek

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Rkt9o2V

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 OiMsY8O

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 0TgXvwE

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 FQ7XPP0

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Vl1w4tb

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 FAdhC9I

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Both of them have turned out well! Nice upgrades!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:Both of them have turned out well! Nice upgrades!

Cheers! Still working on Eowyn, need to finish modifying her sword to be screen accurate and change her eye colour.
I ink washed Eomer's armour, scabbard and belts then removed the excess with fine sandpaper, gave it a brush off then used acetone free nail polish remover to blend dark and light spots. I also added a buttcap to his lance as it looked odd without one and it acts as a counterweight (like a sword's pommel) in real life. Reorientated the rear of the scabbard harness by adding a brass link so the 'leather' strap lies flat.

Oh finished putting the shelving up too!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 YHBAPXq

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 NGMGbxu

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 2XWp8xR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Jezkn9z

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 OWwvBEu

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 BWYiJIU

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 O0hTLZC

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 MBbxLLi

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 MNP1fHW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 ZMMbilW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Yeps3xy

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 E9yq2vf

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 GwZ7jL4

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 GascOzZ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 QoPzHpT

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 B8qTiTl

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 MutPLfd

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 ZgZcrda

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 3UsgVE7

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The upgraded Eomer and Eowyn figures look just excellent -- even if I realize you are still working on her. Your attention to detail is by now long familiar, but never ceases to impress.
Repainting eyes. Try go get a 4 0 brush (super fine, the finest I have), and paint only the colored part of the eye. Before it dries completely, but after it is no longer very wet, use a sharp toothpick to scrape off any spillover areas of paint beyond the edge of the iris (or over the pupil). I hate painting eyes in this scale, but this seems to help. And of course, apply transparent gloss to the eye afterward.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:The upgraded Eomer and Eowyn figures look just excellent -- even if I realize you are still working on her. Your attention to detail is by now long familiar, but never ceases to impress.
Repainting eyes. Try go get a 4 0 brush (super fine, the finest I have), and paint only the colored part of the eye. Before it dries completely, but after it is no longer very wet, use a sharp toothpick to scrape off any spillover areas of paint beyond the edge of the iris (or over the pupil). I hate painting eyes in this scale, but this seems to help. And of course, apply transparent gloss to the eye afterward.

Cheers GTF! I just used a brown panel lining Gundam marker as planned which worked well as they are super fine but can be a bit temperamental
about working but it didn't play up this time fortunately, I gave her shadows under her eyes too. I also added thin wire for the pommel and guard to attach to and sculpted the guard's horse heads on both sides out of milliput reinforced with super glue after final sculpting when hard; to misquote Meatloaf "Three Out Of Four Ain't Bad" when referring to the four sides of the horses' heads! pirat . Still needs paint of course.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 24ibK5s

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Wyk9g2H

THE SWORD

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 B8wDaUf

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 VT3UhiQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 RUFWf55

WET

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Txw1eGL

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 4bXXLqZ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 3SykRo7

FULL SIZE SWORD (LIVE BLADE)

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 P1G8jRw

DRY WITH SUPER GLUE

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 8XFhNOz

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 VgI9Cfr

FIDDLY PAIN IN THE NECK SCULPTING TINY HORSE HEADS!!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely done with the eyes and the sword. I can only imagine how fiddly the pain doing the horse detail.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Nicely done with the eyes and the sword. I can only imagine how fiddly the pain doing the horse detail.

Cheers GTF! It's still far from perfect and the heads are oversized, I'll detail the mains which might help but the heads tend to crumble if worked on when dry like they are now.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It's going to be quite the task to sculpt those, specially if they are crumbly as you said.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Theboo-bomb wrote:It's going to be quite the task to sculpt those, specially if they are crumbly as you said.

I managed to sculpt the heads to a smaller/correct size and detail the mains using a scalpel mostly. Got an idea for a large Eye Of Sauron display piece too.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 85i8NTt

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 XlIQrSB

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Jg293wr

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 RraewRC

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 7Bc5U34

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Eowyn and her sword finished, still not perfect but not too bad either considering...well everything I guess? LOL.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 EQGRRXR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 E3xvocR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 KiXFLzI

I ADDED SOME EXTRA GOLD APPS HERE BUT YOU CAN'T REALLY SEE THEM IN THE PICS, IN REAL LIFE IT GIVES OFF MORE OF A 3D BLING

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Eo67SCM

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 EO1td2P

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 L1CxNbj

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 JdS45qO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 GyJNIzy

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 CcVxUkS

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 FVwMXYP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 5l9BErW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 S0dWhln

WELL IF IT DOES LOOK A BIT BIG, SHE DOES HAVE STUPIDLY SMALL HANDS!! LOL.
DAMN IT, IT'S BUGGING ME NOW, GOING TO HAVE TO TRIM IT DOWN AND ADD SOME HILT DETAILS I FORGOT TOO; THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FOCUS ON THE OBJECT ALONE AND NOT IN CONTEXT DOH!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The sword might be a bit large for her, but am I right in thinking the sword was supposed to belong to a man originally? So maybe it kinda works?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The sword looks really cool. I agree, it might be slightly too big, but as sky said, it was originally meant for a man, so it shouldn’t be trimmed down too much.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:The sword might be a bit large for her, but am I right in thinking the sword was supposed to belong to a man originally? So maybe it kinda works?

Stryker2011 wrote:The sword looks really cool. I agree, it might be slightly too big, but as sky said, it was originally meant for a man, so it shouldn’t be trimmed down too much.

Not sure tbh, I thought I remembered her training with it in the King's great hall where she was called a shieldmaiden so it might well be hers.

Yup here's a picture

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 CtvkqP2

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, ok, fair enough, I wasn't sure if you were adhering faithfully to the film canon or just making some conglomeration of the books and the films.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think what you managed to do here is remarkable, and I wouldn't change it. The horses' heads came out so cute, too. Well, anything related to horses this small will be cute, so don't take offense. I don't remember how it looked like on film, but perhaps the sword really makes sense oversized in her hands. Looking forward to what you do with Sauron's Eye.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, ok, fair enough, I wasn't sure if you were adhering faithfully to the film canon or just making some conglomeration of the books and the films.

Well as a rule it's always movie canon with mine unless I need an 'escape clause' for some screw up then it's definitely 'book canon' as no-one is ever going to search all the addendums by Tolkien or his son! Laughing Wink

GubernatorFan wrote:I think what you managed to do here is remarkable, and I wouldn't change it. The horses' heads came out so cute, too. Well, anything related to horses this small will be cute, so don't take offense. I don't remember how it looked like on film, but perhaps the sword really makes sense oversized in her hands. Looking forward to what you do with Sauron's Eye.

I get they're cute, a little like sea horses. Still going to shave their mains though! Twisted Evil

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, that's what i was trying to give you ....an escape clause. Razz

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:Well, that's what i was trying to give you ....an escape clause. Razz

Cheers but not needed this time! LOL
NOW the bloody sword's done! Shrunk the crossguard, shortened the grip (as a true one handed sword should be, with the pommel supporting the base of the hand) and added the grip ring details I'd forgotten before.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 AgtqIxV

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 UNjmdDX

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 PTKGr5l

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 7LAzYsY

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 X5Hq2gF

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 HEl61GS

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 MS1nsJT

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 KaXLX6L

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 FbLsJVb

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 TVYtaRa

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 YnO0I5D

AND NOW THE NEXT PROJECT: KING OF THE DEAD/OATHBREAKERS!

Stuff actually arrived quickly!! affraid My guesstimated size of the skeleton payed off, bang on 1/6!! It was advertised as 35cm in total including the stand but as I hoped it's exactly 30cm without the stand, nice and accurately detailed too. The brass chainmail purse is smaller than I had expected but does have an extra layer of mail inside as a divider so that sort of makes up for it. I'm going to use a stripped down Dr. Who Cyberman body as a base since it will be cut up heavily to attach bone parts to and I can't think of any other use for that body tbh Laughing . You'll see a glow in the dark version of the king there and one of his soldiers for inspiration in this build as well as the usual statues etc.. online. I'll be taking some artistic license with the king as I feel his clothing wouldn't have faired as well as it seems to in the films so he'll be more ragged revealing plenty of bone and mummified skin etc.. might need to buy some liquid latex..

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Lfgl1u5

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 NAfW2AJ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 FdbUSHc

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 UxA7ViJ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 EbMk0Y1

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 4QUfwEM

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 WhhMYI5

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 EjRsoO0

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 QU3B66I

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 GM1OR0y

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 QjvukPS

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 NG0WqQe

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 LIMjphQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 X85DVYg

Typical, he glows fine on camera but my Witchking won't!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice job perfecting Eowyn's sword. And LOTR skeletor is going to be fun! Speaking of which, I hope you did not forget to place his funny bone. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice job perfecting Eowyn's sword. And LOTR skeletor is going to be fun! Speaking of which, I hope you did not forget to place his funny bone. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Smile

Dear oh dear... Laughing No it wasn't included oddly enough Wink .

So.. new year, new project then...

Since the articulation on the Cyberman body is a bit pants I took it apart (even with one stubborn screw head stripping out on me Rolling Eyes ) and increased the articulation for the hips and waist which were virtually non existent before probably to stop the armour from colliding. Now it has plenty of articulation and ir ready to be cut up properly once I've researched some (hopefully existing) concept art for the king.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 IQVzkNH

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 JlkjZwh

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 CZsv8fu

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 ZBYp1CK

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 9RSIOf2

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 U7k2JJq

AFTER TAKING IT TO THE GRINDING WHEEL FOR A BIT

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 5oHTvna

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 XM0zFzW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 1v3nH1U

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 S2H1IWs

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 GJAciUY

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 YnRpQp0

NEW JOINT SYSTEM AND NEW SCREW FOR THE CROTCH

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 VeQ26gY

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Wzhdp9z

NEW UPPER JOINT SYSTEM, A RUBBER CUP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 D2s5J8P

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 5ZovxDF

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Vd9wwnk

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 DtcvEeV

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 2k4LLet

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Ul6dKFv

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 N6CkR3b

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 XgYutmT

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 8MbUyEx

JUST MAKING IT UP AS I GO ALONG AS USUAL LOL... Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love that the quest for better articulation leads you to boldly march straight forward where few of us would dare follow. Chapeau! And looking forward to it. Happy New Year!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ahh! The poor Dr. lost an enemy. This looks to be shaping up to be another wild build.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I love that the quest for better articulation leads you to boldly march straight forward where few of us would dare follow. Chapeau! And looking forward to it. Happy New Year!

And to you! Is that the French Foreign Légion's motto or saying?

Stryker2011 wrote:Ahh! The poor Dr. lost an enemy. This looks to be shaping up to be another wild build.

Don't worry, didn't come from my collection, was bought for parts years ago! Wink

Didn't find any concept pics on line but there is some great fan artwork and sculpts out there like this brilliant figure by a Scandinavian dude

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 IgVPzy8

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 PegysY9

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 ZIQ8nk3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 87JlNE4

I REALLY LIKE THIS, MIGHT BE THE ACTUAL PROP COSTUME AND THE LOOK I THINK I'M GOING TO GO FOR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 YwfE14t

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 VxIbGar

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 T0QcmuA

THEN MORE OFFICIAL LICENSED STATUES

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 KU8y40p

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 HHohHTe

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Mi6gj3V

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 OEeySXe

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 EYWvNt0

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 LH5rtl3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 KoFx3YT

MOVIE STILLS? GRAPHIC INTERPRETATIONS OR STORY BOARDS?

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 JmDJaaB

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 2odWrUb

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 ClRq9dL

Anyway I'm trying to avoid a 'Christmas look' so leaving the green out except for glow in the dark transparent paint much later down the road. I'm sticking with blacks, greys, dark reds, silver and gold mostly for the clothing; armour hasn't been decided yet but similar to the movie version with more damage. Did some more body mods to remove bulging parts, make room for some ribcage, join the top a bottom of the body better using a screw, washers and a spring etc..

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 4sHBCWU

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 HJrq3tj

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 8Lt5FmU

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Fuw2VS1

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Samos4B

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 VTq6LYH

REAL METAL MAIL IN BRASS AND SILVER, DIFFERENT SIZED RINGS TOO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 IamNg33

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 ZzjKQl0

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 Pq1Ed8T

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 F8yGsQf

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 6eDWdPo

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 24 WPuTF60

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hard to believe it at this point, but I just know you are going to get there in the end. Smile Your target look is really cool. And I was just saying that my (figurative) hat is off to you. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Hard to believe it at this point, but I just know you are going to get there in the end. Smile Your target look is really cool. And I was just saying that my (figurative) hat is off to you. Smile

Oh right, cheers! I thought it might be FFL related because their white hats are venerated so highly in their units and they are famous for marching to death in the past. Although thinking about it I believe they call it a kepi not a chapeau?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum