OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 28]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Ahh! The poor Dr. lost an enemy. This looks to be shaping up to be another wild build.

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:I love that the quest for better articulation leads you to boldly march straight forward where few of us would dare follow. Chapeau! And looking forward to it. Happy New Year!

And to you! Is that the French Foreign Légion's motto or saying?

Stryker2011 wrote:Ahh! The poor Dr. lost an enemy. This looks to be shaping up to be another wild build.

Don't worry, didn't come from my collection, was bought for parts years ago! Wink

Didn't find any concept pics on line but there is some great fan artwork and sculpts out there like this brilliant figure by a Scandinavian dude

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 IgVPzy8

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 PegysY9

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 ZIQ8nk3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 87JlNE4

I REALLY LIKE THIS, MIGHT BE THE ACTUAL PROP COSTUME AND THE LOOK I THINK I'M GOING TO GO FOR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 YwfE14t

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 VxIbGar

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 T0QcmuA

THEN MORE OFFICIAL LICENSED STATUES

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 KU8y40p

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 HHohHTe

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Mi6gj3V

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 OEeySXe

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 EYWvNt0

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 LH5rtl3

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 KoFx3YT

MOVIE STILLS? GRAPHIC INTERPRETATIONS OR STORY BOARDS?

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 JmDJaaB

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 2odWrUb

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 ClRq9dL

Anyway I'm trying to avoid a 'Christmas look' so leaving the green out except for glow in the dark transparent paint much later down the road. I'm sticking with blacks, greys, dark reds, silver and gold mostly for the clothing; armour hasn't been decided yet but similar to the movie version with more damage. Did some more body mods to remove bulging parts, make room for some ribcage, join the top a bottom of the body better using a screw, washers and a spring etc..

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 4sHBCWU

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 HJrq3tj

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 8Lt5FmU

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Fuw2VS1

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Samos4B

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 VTq6LYH

REAL METAL MAIL IN BRASS AND SILVER, DIFFERENT SIZED RINGS TOO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 IamNg33

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 ZzjKQl0

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Pq1Ed8T

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 F8yGsQf

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 6eDWdPo

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 WPuTF60

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Hard to believe it at this point, but I just know you are going to get there in the end. Smile Your target look is really cool. And I was just saying that my (figurative) hat is off to you. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:Hard to believe it at this point, but I just know you are going to get there in the end. Smile Your target look is really cool. And I was just saying that my (figurative) hat is off to you. Smile

Oh right, cheers! I thought it might be FFL related because their white hats are venerated so highly in their units and they are famous for marching to death in the past. Although thinking about it I believe they call it a kepi not a chapeau?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
The sea of madness continues! Replaced his arms with some that are longer and actually have a bicep swivel, since I had the Dremel out for that I decided to commit to where the bones will show through in places that can be more easily revealed than say under his chainmail skirt or cloak etc.. I went through my bag of monster bits to find donor muscle/flesh bits to encompass the bone and hopefully save me some sculpting, I also went through stuff for weapons and armour, he's a bit of a mixed bag as a character; sort of part medieval and part viking/saxon hence my temptation to give him a more viking sword, seax and shield rather than a Long Sword and dagger. I've got a few ideas about doing his distinctive 'rib cage' armour as you will see in the pics. Narrowed his shoulders as much as I can with his new weird arms that I also added more articulation too but he's a creepy ghost so doesn't have to strictly conform to a regular human shape/proportions, in fact I think a bit of distortion will make him look more menacing and 'not of this world' or rather Middle Earth.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 QIdZwyj

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 DiixJfL

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 9XdeUfc

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 9wjCjBs

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Z7C6toG

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 YeMNnz2

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 9uynweL

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 6k6i07D

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 P0dEXIu

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 LSCsJGK

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 QS8rj2O

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 G2AiAe2

INCREASING ELBOW ARTICULATION FRONT AND BACK

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 AfVidIW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Ljq5JlO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 AMHpGPx

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 BYI3eko

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 JBISRXU

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 DIE478z

SORT OF NARROWER SHOULDERS LOL!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 PRZohUO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Tq0Fqbd

PROBABLE HEAD COMBO USING 'RED SKULL' FROM THE UPPER LIP WITH THE REGULAR SKULL JAW AND UPPER TEETH GRAFTED TO IT.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 N9QXDN4

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 IPS5r6z

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 OskVjGX

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 CHDmyw4

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/iEfBSDQ.png)

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Xgw7T60

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 KFaZ8nO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 AnN3WxT

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 YNNOV9M

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Madness is right... look at that cornucopia of monster limbs! Wow.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Madness is right... look at that cornucopia of monster limbs! Wow.

LOL, that's just the relevant ones!
Started putting the puzzle together, well making the pieces for the puzzle then putting them together!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 1JIVAVs

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 T3IcA13

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 EaX4aAP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 4tU8nPm

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 SegUPwO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 MqaAzTK

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 KTIUJX5

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 PgesjOC

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know it's early days, but I'm getting that Skeletor vibe again. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
One of the craziest builds I've followed from you yet, lol!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The amount of cutting and rebuilding you do for these projects is immense.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I know it's early days, but I'm getting that Skeletor vibe again. Smile

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 0c7

skywalkersaga wrote:One of the craziest builds I've followed from you yet, lol!

Done nuttier ones like my 56" wide Vulture figure, my totally immersive Hulkbuster based MECHA suit for The Punisher just to name couple of more recent ones lol.

Stryker2011 wrote:The amount of cutting and rebuilding you do for these projects is immense.

Probably all for naught too now, his right leg (the one I haven't even scratched!) just decided to break off. Think I need to get rid of this silly idea of trying to find a use for this crap body tbh and just modify a decent cheap HT clone body.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That's a bummer after all that work.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Agreed, too bad about the body. But I'm sure you'll substitute it with something better.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
This is bound to be really cool. A shame about the body breaking as I think it was starting to take shape.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:That's a bummer after all that work.

GubernatorFan wrote:Agreed, too bad about the body. But I'm sure you'll substitute it with something better.

Theboo-bomb wrote:This is bound to be really cool. A shame about the body breaking as I think it was starting to take shape.

Cheers guys! All good though, fixed it and added a bit of structural support so hopefully it won't happen again.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 XPYro1A

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 NmfXyBk

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Sine1JG

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 RFP4e94

This going to look a bit mad but as you can see on the closeup of his elbow, his under tunic has a square pattern to it, sort of like tartan so I found this old Action Man coverall that should mimic it somewhat if put on backwards as his base layer of clothing.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 BeAUDTO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 0U8FlXf

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 US1U3Or

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 1Q7n1Rf

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 5s0RISR

Building the head now, using all the teeth and jaw from the basic skull and the rest from the Red Skull I recast. I hope to make the jaw movable but it's a bit tricky if I want to keep the ears, DOH! Just realised the helmet probably covers the ears so my complex solution is probably not needed lol!

Then again...

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 YTxCll5

FFS...

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 KoFx3YT

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 5uYYvlQ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 TkwZ09U

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Qo3v0Bb

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Pr4Uzmj

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Or3UO7H

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Got out the milliput to sculpt some gorey rotting flesh to surround the exposed bones, decided to to only have his left side (our right) exposing flesh and bones (so I rebuilt his right arm out of his left arm parts), not 100% sure why it's just an aesthetic choice; maybe that half of his crypt/tomb was damaged and the rats and weather got to him? The jaw hinge is proving to be a pain, the metal pins I'm gluing on keep coming off. I reinforced his ribcage, found some diamond stitched pleather to use as his hip skirts and a couple of more suitable swords for movie accuracy.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 YQyIddp

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 SzF6Od6

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 ZE7nr0G

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Mba1y6C

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 DtOjWnX

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 DDsYG2r

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 LeAd7Oz

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 K2htXBB

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 DlnuEkz

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 9xq7JXl

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 PgLVHhv

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 RAdogjn

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 V3oJ1QD

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 87JlNE4

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Mi6gj3V

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 PIYR6Ty

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 NWsq3RP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 5pwIQCf

DECIDED HIS BONES NEEDED MORE ROTTING MUSCLE
AROUND THEM

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 N9hWurV

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 TVrELWW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 HU9xo4M

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 JTPHuIb

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 81jZazz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool looking thus far. The addition of the rotting flesh is a great idea.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Luckily the tendons had not yet rotted away. Wink Very impressive. And very ingenuous. I hope the jaw works. At the risk of being more Captain Obvious than usual, and just in case you forget, you might want to paint the interior of the torso if one would see glimpses of it through that ribcage.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty cool looking thus far. The addition of the rotting flesh is a great idea.

Cheers Stryker!

GubernatorFan wrote:Luckily the tendons had not yet rotted away. Wink Very impressive. And very ingenuous. I hope the jaw works. At the risk of being more Captain Obvious than usual, and just in case you forget, you might want to paint the interior of the torso if one would see glimpses of it through that ribcage.

Well It's all going to be sprayed with black primer as usual (I'll make sure to get right in there behind the ribcage) and then sand back to the bone colour. Good point though, I've got some icky looking rubber guts parts from other kits and smaller scale figures I can probably squish in there to give him a bit of a General Grievous look! pirat

Keep meaning to post this here, it's the only video I know of that fully explains the 'Oathbreakers' existence in LOTR:

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sounds very promising. And nice video explanation, thanks for linking it.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Sounds very promising. And nice video explanation, thanks for linking it.

Got to find the parts first but I think they are in a random Star Wars aliens build bits bag in a draw.

Finally got the stupid jaw to attach without breaking off the metal pins or looking wonky, only took about 50 tries! (constantly filing, Dremelling, bending wire etc..) Twisted Evil So now it can open and close, got rid of the ears in the end, if I want to add ears I have plenty in a bag just like fingers! pirat
Carefully unpicked all the stitching in the boot to get the diamond pattern out safely and get rid of the smelly liner yuck.
Managed to break another joint, this time on the elbow but it was my fault, I accidently let glue or milliput freeze the swivel joint in place while adding the bone or sculpting the muscle tissue. All good now as a modified LEGO Bionicles joint set was grafted in to replace it. He has feet and a neck too with articulation of a rubber ball in his head and the lower neck joint does the usual thing. Added a little bit more muscle tissue to his ribcage edge just in case it's needed and have chosen some mail hands, one will be modified with bone finger bits, his boots will have bone toe bits as well.

(INDULGING IN MY EVENTUAL SUCCESS HERE LOL)

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 NgaGjce

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 NTNz5WK

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Rkj9jtR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 3Gsl1DO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 QiTPQ7I

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 UTQvhFg

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 F9h1PdN

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 EWnSaD7

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Bb8OBJM

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 OGorE7C

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 YnzvMRN

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 BhJXxMu

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 CmUfUOA

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Wvrnb5R

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 LGDvoMA

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 UDbCugN

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 8DNXd4x

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 TSBVMus

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 SjWpvqu

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 UfkDTaN

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you conquered the jaw. And nice to see him take shape.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad you conquered the jaw. And nice to see him take shape.

Thanks GTF, getting there!

Done his hands with bone mods, given him a spray of black primer and now I'm tackling his boots, I noticed the figure has lace up boots like many other LOTR characters so I've decided to go with that look; I just have a few options on how to do it.. Anyway, here he is cosplaying as a 'Jason And The Argonauts' character! Wink

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 IZWrHzm

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 AqEpfxs

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 U0HibNq

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Flov5t1

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 NeIDRCr

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 UUs9QZK

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 DFOqzkP

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 PuVirxO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 38Dfnwz

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 2xqzqQw

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 GuNqz6h

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Gi4bQ15

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 JcUccHJ

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 JKOYuMO

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 BvJq7ht

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, fascinating to watch this take shape.....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So cool, Alex. Love the Jason and the Argonauts reference. Nice work thus far on all the mods.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Wow, fascinating to watch this take shape..... wrote:

Thanks SWS!

Stryker2011 wrote:So cool, Alex. Love the Jason and the Argonauts reference. Nice work thus far on all the mods.

Cheers Stryker!

Finally found that rubbery guts piece I've been looking for to use under his ribcage, wasn't with all the other rubbery guts stuff which is just as well since I still haven't found that while going through my entire storage room! I was a bit dirty so cleaned it up and coated it in silicone oil. I also made his cloak and may attach that black patterned gauze to it so it kind of replicates the patterns on the cloak on the statue. I then did a full mock up to get an idea where I'm going from here.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 FAEB9Ia

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 TRLv4L7

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Q1j7qFR

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 ZawpZPY

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 PJiVrvm

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Qc79qWY

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 O1RSPYy

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 HGEUVZI

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 E0NZmYt

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 HQdcez0

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 8PeI9eD

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 UA4xeG4

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 4BgUlta

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 EQ2HKTW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 KjEl7yi

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Once you had it all primed in black, it looked like a complete figure already, perhaps something along the lines of T-whatever-hundred endoskeleton, but indeed Jason and the Argonauts style. Nice job revitalizing the guts, make sure you hang them the right way -- if there is one. Smile The mock up really helps explain where you're going.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oooh, i love the fabrics you chose for the cloak!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Once you had it all primed in black, it looked like a complete figure already, perhaps something along the lines of T-whatever-hundred endoskeleton, but indeed Jason and the Argonauts style. Nice job revitalizing the guts, make sure you hang them the right way -- if there is one. Smile The mock up really helps explain where you're going.

Yes very T-900? With the red power light from my fan coincidentally right next to his eye socket! I didn't notice until later but thought 'that's kind of cool. que: Terminator music!'  pirat As for the gut, well he's sort of a magic, cursed, mummified, zombie, ghost so probably doesn't need them working!  Wink  There is something that looks like a heart in there, a stomach, some colon but his lungs and liver have gone to the rats! LOL. Probably doesn't help that these organs belong in a giant alien monster in a different scale and in a different galaxy a long time ago and far, far away!!  farao

skywalkersaga wrote:Oooh, i love the fabrics you chose for the cloak!

Cheers! Funnily enough I don't like them at all for this figure anymore because I think he should be more Celtic and have a woolen tartan style red cloak instead!

Just a couple of lazy pic grabs (ooh, grew up with this artist!) Bloody impossible to find much in the way of Irish historical references since the English Bastards destroyed most of it and we were tribes for a long time hell bent on killing each other before that! But this is a gist of what I'm going for.

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 4659YUc

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 BLt2LAW

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Ea5d99eca2f063e89556959e3a91aae282f53345033916778df0f650ee0e776f-w670h705q75fit

A CROWN IS BORN../ The Hobbit Dwarves etc.. WIP's & Finished Builds Part 2 - Page 25 Kids-Wool-Cape

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum