OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Maid for Adventure" - Sally LaSalle, Intrepid Girl Reporter (and a ROCHobby Jeep)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

davidd

davidd
"Maid for Adventure" - Sally LaSalle, Intrepid Girl Reporter (and a ROCHobby Jeep) Jeep10
Sally LaSalle, the "Maid for Adventure" Girl for Hearst Movietone Newsreel Films, circa 1940
"Maid for Adventure" - Sally LaSalle, Intrepid Girl Reporter (and a ROCHobby Jeep) Jeep2
"Maid for Adventure" - Sally LaSalle, Intrepid Girl Reporter (and a ROCHobby Jeep) Jeep6
"Maid for Adventure" - Sally LaSalle, Intrepid Girl Reporter (and a ROCHobby Jeep) Jeep3
"Maid for Adventure" - Sally LaSalle, Intrepid Girl Reporter (and a ROCHobby Jeep) Jeep11
Sally is a TBLeague S37 "anime" head on a TBLeague S26a body.
Charles "Chaz" Anderson is a vintage "Eagle Eye" Palitoy Action Man.
The motion picture camera is an MGAE Bratz accessory.
The Jeep is a ROCHobby 1/6 1941 MB Scaler (Willys Jeep).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I thought she was a wildlife photographer. Smile Either way, the whole team and their ride are very nicely done.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:I thought she was a wildlife photographer.

She's most assuredly a wildlife photographer, too! Anything exotic or exciting is a potential subject for "Sally LaSalle, Girl Reporter in Maid for Adventure - presented by Hearst Movietone News!"
Wink

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow Dave!! that looks amazing! brilliant! superb! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  . You have done a fine job and I bet Sally is really pleased too! when you said you didn't think it would turn out as well as the 'Troll Hunter', you were wrong my friend, it looks just as good! Really impressed mate! bounce bounce bounce

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very cool - looks like right in the outback of Tansania Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty neat. Dig the zebra cam on the Jeep. Some neat shots.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

"Maid for Adventure" - Sally LaSalle, Intrepid Girl Reporter (and a ROCHobby Jeep) C8485110

Chip

Excellent set of photos , and how bold of you to customise your Jeep , it looks superb and is now unique . Great stuff indeed , well done Dave .

csyeung

csyeung
Awesome set of photos!

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I love the nostalgic vibe. Sally is adorable. That’s a very creative and effective use of that head sculpt. I’d love to see more!

shazzdan

shazzdan
Anything with 1:6 vehicles is good in my book and outdoor shots bump it up a few more notches. Very appropriate use of a retro Action Man and Sally is cute.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Woah that jeep is amazing, look at all those details. The figures are good, I've always like these sort of adventurer type figures.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! "Maid for Adventure" - Sally LaSalle, Intrepid Girl Reporter (and a ROCHobby Jeep) 1f60e

davidd

davidd
Thank you for all the kind comments! Your interest is greatly appreciated!

Xavion2004 wrote:I love the nostalgic vibe.  Sally is adorable.   That’s a very creative and effective use of that head sculpt. I’d love to see more!

Thanks! I was trying to achieve an "idealized 1930s look," like something out of Indiana Jones or Tales from the Gold Monkey or Bring 'Em Back Alive (the last two being short-lived TV series from the early 1980s that almost nobody remembers).

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
That's so darn fun, excellent job!

davidd

davidd
"Maid for Adventure" - Sally LaSalle, Intrepid Girl Reporter (and a ROCHobby Jeep) August31

"Maid for Adventure" - Sally LaSalle, Intrepid Girl Reporter (and a ROCHobby Jeep) August31b
Photo Safari with Sally LaSalle, the Maid for Adventure Girl
and her sidekick Nicolette Arkham

Miss LaSalle:
Head: TBLeague S37
Body: TBLeague S26A
Outfit: assorted GI Joe, Barbie, and Bratz elements

Miss Akrham:
Head: YMToys YMT029
Body: TBLeague S35
Outfit: CAT Toys

Vehicle:
ROCHobby 1/6 1941 MB Scaler (Jeep)

Camera:
IDEAL Toys Tammy Doll camera

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice assembly, David. And I would have never guessed Sally was a TBLeague head sculpt.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Nice. Did you paint the jeep that way or did it come like that?

davidd

davidd
TravelGuide wrote:Nice. Did you paint the jeep that way or did it come like that?

Hi TravelGuide! Haven't "seen" you around in a while!
That is a repaint of the Jeep. The stock color is WWII style army green with military markings.

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice assembly, David. And I would have never guessed Sally was a TBLeague head sculpt.

Yeah, it's the head that comes with the blonde "anime" style body. It's much more stylized (i.e. cartoonish) than most TBLeague heads.

BAMComix

BAMComix
wonderful pics Dave, the jeep look super cool out in the wild! The girls look terrific too, as always!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
davidd wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:Nice. Did you paint the jeep that way or did it come like that?

Hi TravelGuide! Haven't "seen" you around in a while!
That is a repaint of the Jeep. The stock color is WWII style army green with military markings.
I thought so, nice job cheers

Chip

What is not to like about your Jeep and crew ? Great custom work and well put together figures .

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I love the “Sally LaSalle, Intrepid Girl Reporter” and “Sally LaSalle, the Maid for Adventure Girl” tag lines, and of course, Sally herself.  They just make me happy for some reason.  Kind of like a breezy summer day.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking photos!

couturiervite

couturiervite
Love the repaint of the jeep, especially the weathering; never been good at it at all.

davidd

davidd
rachcouture wrote:Love the repaint of the jeep, especially the weathering; never been good at it at all.

Thanks! I'm not much good at painting and weathering, either. My method is simple - three colours of spray paint cans - the primary colour (white in this case) plus black and rust-brown primer. Paint the main colour first, then "mist" on a bit of black and brown in random patches from a distance so it's not too heavy. The end result doesn't hold up to close in-person examination, but it's good enough for photo purposes.

couturiervite

couturiervite
Either way, I like what you've done here. "Maid for Adventure" - Sally LaSalle, Intrepid Girl Reporter (and a ROCHobby Jeep) 2764

I'm pretty good with spray painting, but I'm way too shaky to do delicate work, if that makes sense. Never thought to use rust-colored primer, though...will have to give that a go some time!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum