OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Vampire Slayer (Red PL2021-184A / Black PL2021-184B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Moonbase Alpha Male

Talon65 wrote:They look nice. I like body suit but they look more like vampires than slayers.

Maybe they're not "Vampire Slayers" in the Buffy sense, and they're actually vampires... who are slayers...

I suspect TBL pricing is going to fluctuate a bit erratically in the short term, maybe based on the exact point in time that TBL internally fixed the price (which may not be the same order that the figures are announced or actually relesased). Notice for example TBL Tutankhamen just actually came out, with 5 elaborate layers of clothing, furs and array, and more importantly a whole throne dio piece, commanding @$185; while forthcoming Ramesses is a similar but far simpler figure, no base at all, but price is @$190. Good news is that their prices should eventually stabilize; bad news is, they will do so moving upwards.

bunnyfreakz

is this new body? It have more wider hip.

Looks pretty great.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Talon65 wrote:They look nice. I like body suit but they look more like vampires than slayers.

Maybe they're not "Vampire Slayers" in the Buffy sense, and they're actually vampires... who are slayers...

Hmm, this is a good point. It could also explain the weapons that also don’t make sense — perhaps it’s to get at the blood that much faster…?

“Moonbase Alpha Male” wrote: I suspect TBL pricing is going to fluctuate a bit erratically in the short term, maybe based on the exact point in time that TBL internally fixed the price (which may not be the same order that the figures are announced or actually relesased).  Notice for example TBL Tutankhamen just actually came out, with 5 elaborate layers of clothing, furs and array, and more importantly a whole throne dio piece, commanding @$185; while forthcoming Ramesses is a similar but far simpler figure, no base at all, but price is @$190.  Good news is that their prices should eventually stabilize; bad news is, they will do so moving upwards.

All of this.

phicenenthusiast

The blonde figure clicked with me right away, so I pre-ordered her. I may try to pick up the black jacket, black boots, and white leotard loose since I like the black clothing a bit better.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I preordered the blonde/red version from BBTS. With the $190 price tag, the $4.00 flat rate shipping, and sales tax, she comes in at $207. I doubt I would be able to get one anywhere else for that price, and this isn’t a figure I want to go much over $200 for.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
As usual, I like parts of both sets far more than I like either set as a whole. Neutral

If pushed, I'll probably pick Red, but pick up Black's boots and cloak (to match Red's black 'corset') and the mace loose later to kitbash this as I'd like (I really like Red's sculpt and 'baseball bat mace' but making her 'corset' black instead of red was an odd decision).

The body looks like another Viking Woman/Knight Of Fire (narrow shoulders, big hips, long legs). While I'd like them to just release that as a base body already for pete's sakes, I'd also like them to start diversifying a little more with their sets and use the similar but less busty Mont(h) body at least once. We still haven't seen that one in a caucasian skintone yet...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:Also, looking at the pictures some more I really like the face on that blonde headsculpt. TBLeague has really been improving at their headsculpts the past year or so.

Looks a little like a young Patricia Arquette from the angle in that last 'set contents' shot.
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Vampire Slayer (Red PL2021-184A / Black PL2021-184B) - Page 2 1033

Ghost808

Ghost808
I like the bodice, it's a nice shape, and it compliments the curvaceous body.

What bothers me is the HS on both. The expression is so vacant and plain. These need a bit of attitude, given they are meant to be vampires. The brunette in particular looks like she is at home watching Marie Kondo sort peoples socks on netflix.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Those really look like a Lineage 2 design for female Dark Elf mages. Both colors are pretty dope for me, but the red one is the winner. I need to muster the courage to paint a TBL body to build a female Dark Elf.
Now I didn't like the pricing at all. I hate when they put display bases on boxed figures. TBL should sell a standard version (with no display base) and a deluxe version (with base and some exclusive accessory or whatever), like so many other companies do.
Shipping cost is severely crippling my budget. I've already lost so many cool TBL releases lately because of this.

May 2022 be back on tracks, at least heading for something resembling the normal, beautiful days of yore.

Blackout_

Blackout_
I get the feeling I can't remove the torso without tearing it off,I hope that's not the case.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I assume you mean the "armor," Blackout_. I suppose that might be. Look at the parted out figures on Monkey Depot. They often specify that they had to cut certain outfits (especially molded soft plastic ones) to get them off the bodies.

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Giant Toy has sent out invoices to those who have pre-ordered.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Hopefully the bodice will undo somehow at the back, TBL seem to have become a little more considerate in that area lately (the Saintess Knights were reasonably easy to undress). If not, I can see me swapping heads for something like the 'heavenly' version of Kier.

I've paid for mine (Red) even though I was having second thoughts about it (I have zero interest in that base). It's going to be a rough couple of months on my wallet with this and my other preorders Neutral

Annalise

Annalise
Only $371.99 on evilbay. Order yours today!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Black Edition seems to have sold out at GianToy.

gooboo

Found a review on BBICN-

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=382163

Gonne keep an eye on ebay for loose heads and see if I want either of them.

EDIT- after watching the video I think I'm definitely going to get the blonde headsculpt. Very nice.

Diana

Diana
gooboo wrote:Found a review on BBICN-

EDIT- after watching the video I think I'm definitely going to get the blonde headsculpt. Very nice.

Oooh, that entire figure and especially the head really are beautiful. Her eyes are unusually big though, so she wouldn't really fit into my team. Otherwise I'd have considered that head for a figure.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks gooboo - great, it actually looks a lot nicer than it does in the promos. Seems like the bodice unties at the side, which means it can be loosened a bit/wouldn't need to be cut off. I'm also glad that the ornamentations on the boots look like they're optional and not attached to the (p)leather.

Oof, I wince at how some reviewers treat their figures. Neutral I actually recoiled at 'that' shoulder-wrenching movement. Seems like the bodice might restrict waist movement a little, as predicted upthread.

I'm looking forward to getting this figure now though. Smile

EDIT: I'm pretty certain I'll still end up 'Frankensteining it' into a separate entity, however - pick up Black's cape and boots loose to match the bodice and use the Shadow of Heaven Keir sculpt (minus braids and halo) to create something new.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
gooboo wrote:Found a review on BBICN-

Odd... i only see one pic. No video nor the orange button to view the succeeding pics.

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
Interesting with body and armor if it parted and not too expensive.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
rollotomasi wrote:
Odd... i only see one pic. No video nor the orange button to view the succeeding pics.

Try this:

gooboo

This is getting parted out on ebay now. Just picked up a blonde head sculpt. (At the scalper's price... ouch)

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^ I've picked up some extra hands and Black's mace - I haven't been greedy. Smile

I've got a spare pair of Vampi boots already, they'll do for my kitbash.

EDIT: All the blonde sculpts seem to have been snapped up already.

EDIT2: Gah, the seller is commitmentteam, who just stiffed me on some Bastet part-outs. Evil or Very Mad
Oh well, I suppose they'll actually have these in stock.

gooboo

They'll probably have more headsculpts going up in the next few days, though I don't expect them to last long, so you'll have to keep refreshing to get them.

EDIT- I'm surprised you had some problems with commitmentteam. They're like my main Chinese parts seller, never had any problems with them. Hopefully they won't screw me over on the headsculpt I just bought, lol.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I'm good for the sculpts, myself - the blonde is on its way to me as part of the full set anyway and I'm not that bothered about the black version.

gooboo wrote:EDIT- I'm surprised you had some problems with commitmentteam. They're like my main Chinese parts seller, never had any problems with them. Hopefully they won't screw me over on the headsculpt I just bought, lol.

I never had any problems with them either until recently. They cancelled one sale for shaky reasons just after Christmas, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt on it. Then last month I bought some of the wrist armour off one of the Bastet figures from them, which they definitely had in stock, but they messaged me with the old "sorry friend it is broken" ruse and cancelled the sale. They then immediately relisted the exact same item at double the price. Very disappointing behaviour.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:Then last month I bought some of the wrist armour off one of the Bastet figures from them, which they definitely had in stock, but they messaged me with the old "sorry friend it is broken" ruse and cancelled the sale. They then immediately relisted the exact same item at double the price. Very disappointing behaviour.
I had the same experience with the Long Shan Trinity boots. I tried to buy three sets from three different sellers, which were clearly the same including the payment recipient, and then they all three cancelled on me (with the exact same words) because apparently they were all broken.
I didn't bother checking whether they relisted the items.

gooboo

Got my head in the mail today, and I love the way it looks. One of my favorite face sculpts from tbleague in a long time, and it looks great on the s29. I'll probably rehair it sometime in the near future, but I don't think the face needs repainting at all.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Vampire Slayer (Red PL2021-184A / Black PL2021-184B) - Page 2 Headsc10

Diana

Diana
Wooooooooow. She is goooooorgeous! Especially with that body. I love you
And I've never seen a straight out of the boy TBLeague head so expensive on Ebay... Evil or Very Mad

EDIT: I actually think she's perfect for Cecile, my character who I've been looking for a perfect head for. Ugh. *Off she goes*

EDIT 2: *and comes back empty handed...* Too bloody expensive for just a head. So I'll just hope that the prices will go down again or that another head comes along. Sad

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I'm surprised that nothing from either set has been parted-out at Monkey Depot yet (and if/when they are, the heads should be much more reasonably priced than on Eb*y. That £100-plus price the Eb*y scalpers are asking is just ridiculous.

The red/blonde version is a gorgeous head. Better suited to a shorter, fuller body (S29 or S39) than the Viking Woman-type from the set, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum