OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I wouldn’t be so sure about the horse. Remember, PopToys makes their own horses, and they’re not even half as good (and the fact they don’t even show the horse without all the extra stuff on it, just makes me think it’s the same horse mold they’ve used for all of their horses).

skywalkersaga

Normally, yes, PopToys makes their own horses. But comparing the profile of the 'white' horse in the above PopToys photo with the 'white' Mr. Z Thoroughbred, makes me think it is the same model:

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 2 Knight78

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 2 20623_3

TravelGuide

It's definitely not the same horse as on their previous releases.

I've got their horse for Tomoe Gozen, which is the same as the one for Queen Elizabeth and the Eagle Guard (don't have those, but it's clearly the same on the pics). And this one is clearly different.

gooboo

These are up on Giant Toy now. The knights are $260 each, and the horses are $205 each.

I'm definitely getting the two knights, but I'm undecided about the horse. I'd like to see what the actual horse looks like before getting it, since I already have one of Poptoy's other horses.

Valiarde

Valiarde
gooboo wrote:These are up on Giant Toy now. The knights are $260 each, and the horses are $205 each.

I'm definitely getting the two knights, but I'm undecided about the horse. I'd like to see what the actual horse looks like before getting it, since I already have one of Poptoy's other horses.

Yeah it is crazy to sell a horse and not even showing what horse it is?! Don't understand that why the info isn'T giben from poptoys to the resellers

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm almost 100% certain the horse is Mr. Z Thoroughbred, or a carbon copy of it.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Good eye, sky. You could be right.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 2 C8485110

gooboo

Just looked on BBTS and the horses are $185, while the knights are $280. Not sure what that's about.

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm almost 100% certain the horse is Mr. Z Thoroughbred, or a carbon copy of it.

The Promo horse defiantely is, good eyes Sky. But you never know, if they use different horses for promo pics...The price would be okay for a MrZ plus the horse equipment, but I wouldn't spend it on the Poptoys horse.
Still crazy that a company is selling a horse and only showing 4 pics fully clothed. Razz

I remember KLG posting a mongolian horse armor on an ily horse not so long ago, even though you can't buy that horse since years. (Yeah they sell only the armor not a horse, so it is a bit different than this case)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm almost 100% certain the horse is Mr. Z Thoroughbred, or a carbon copy of it.

The Promo horse defiantely is, good eyes Sky. But you never know, if they use different horses for promo pics...The price would be okay for a MrZ plus the horse equipment, but I wouldn't spend it on the Poptoys horse.
Still crazy that a company is selling a horse and only showing 4 pics fully clothed.  Razz

I remember KLG posting a mongolian horse armor on an ily horse not so long ago, even though you can't buy that horse since years. (Yeah they sell only the armor not a horse, so it is a bit different than this case)

Yes, I saw those pics where they used an Ili horse for the model, and I got momentarily excited before realising it was just the armour. Rolling Eyes Razz

I understand your reticence about purchasing the horse based solely on the photos without some confirmation that it's definitely the Mr. Z horse 'underneath'. Is there any way of getting in touch with PopToys and asking about it?

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah, I've asked them via their official site just a few minutes ago. Smile

But I probably won't buy it either way - just interested in the caparison. I would buy the Mr.Z horse from another source if I really need one.

gooboo

Just got an invoice from Giantoy for my two knights- I guess they're shipping soon? Seems like a pretty quick turnaround to me, not that I'm complaining.

Valiarde

Valiarde
gooboo wrote:Just got an invoice from Giantoy for my two knights- I guess they're shipping soon? Seems like a pretty quick turnaround to me, not that I'm complaining.

Yeah, really fast. The Saladin takes forever on the other hand.

gooboo

Coincidentally, someone just posted a thread on BBICN with pictures of the Saladin figure, so I don't think you'll be waiting that much longer.

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=381025

Valiarde

Valiarde
NICE  cheers  

even with real hair. Looks very good imo.

gooboo

Got an email from Giantoy saying my knights have been shipped. I was expecting to get these in April, so this is a very quick turnaround. I just hope this doesn't mean Poptoys cut corners on the quality of the figures. I'll post pictures whenever I get them in the mail.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'll be curious how the heads turned out.

gooboo

Saw some pictures of the headsculpts on ebay. Assuming these aren't bootlegs, I wouldn't really say they look quite like the promo photos, although these flat, ebay-head pictures aren't always that great either.

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 2 Pop110

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 2 Pop210

brazybear

brazybear
I want to get the black knight but I need to be sure these can hold whatever pose I need despite the heavy armor. I know the TBLeague armored figures won't have any problems with their steel bodies but my experience with regular plastic bodies in these heavy armors is not good...

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The eBay photos may be flat, gooboo, but I think the heads still look pretty good.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I like both of the head sculpts. If this was last year, I would have gone straight to Giantoy and ordered the black armored version, but I’m determined to finish the year at or under my limit of 10, and it’s only January.

gooboo

The heads don't look bad, they're just more different than I expected them to be, namely the blonde one. The ebay photo has much rounder/softer looking facial features than the promo shot. It looks similar to the head sculpt I got on the silver Eagle Knight, which is something of a shame because I liked the facial features of the blonde knight in the promos. But ultimately it could also be the camera used in the ebay photos flattening/distorting the heads.

Well, I'll have them both in hand in the near future and I'll get to find out for myself Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A softer sculpt is common enough with mass production in PVC, whereas the prototype would have been sculpted/molded in resin, which tends to be sharper (but also more brittle). This, and mass-production paint options tending to be softer... no surprise there. But yes, it is often disconcerting how far a product may stray from the prototype.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sometimes it's just the a) really bad lighting of the ebay photos, and b) the mass-production paintjob that flattens out the appearance of the sculpt.

gooboo

Found another pictures on ebay, this one looks a lot better. I have no idea what my heads are going to look like when I get them. Unfortunately the package hasn't moved anywhere since the 22nd, so I think everyone is off for Chinese New Years, which means a longer wait for me.

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 2 Pop310

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks like a blonde Lucy Lawless.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, looks better AND like a blonde Lucy Lawless.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Man, being on a budget is like being on a diet.   Everything looks so good!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Xavion2004 wrote:Man, being on a budget is like being on a diet.   Everything looks so good!

I feel your pain. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum