OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Looks like a blonde Lucy Lawless.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree, looks better AND like a blonde Lucy Lawless.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Xavion2004

Man, being on a budget is like being on a diet.   Everything looks so good!

skywalkersaga

Xavion2004 wrote:Man, being on a budget is like being on a diet.   Everything looks so good!

I feel your pain. Razz

gooboo

And now I found another photo for the black head. Looks really different from the first pair of photos I posted. Makes me wonder if those were bootlegs, but it seems rather early for bootleg heads to show up on ebay. Usually people don't start selling those until a while after the product has come out.

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Pop410

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I honestly think it's just the really bad lighting in those pics that make them look so washed out and flat.

It seems they both turned out quite nice. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

gooboo

Surprised I haven't seen any reviews of these figures at the Chinese forums or anywhere else. In any case mine have made it out of China and are apparently in Georgia at the moment, so I should have them in a few more days. I'll post lots of pictures when I get them.

JohnByng

Just a small warning to people considering buying the black version: the helmet seems to have a cut in the left side to simulate a sword or axe strike. I have pre-ordered the figure and also ordered a "spare" helmet. I saw the cut on a couple of pics of the parted out helmets from different sellers on ebay, so it seems to be on all of the black helmets. It doesn't bother me as I want my knight to have seen some action, but it may put others off.

gooboo

Finallyyyyy my knights are here! Overall I'm very satisfied with this set, with the exceptions of some problems with the black knight. My concerns about the head sculpts turned out to be unfounded- they both look very nice in person.

The armor is all made out of metal, which looks really nice, except for the gauntlets. The gauntlets are made out of a flexible rubber/plastic material that are a lot easier to work with than some of the other plastic hands Poptoys have used with their figures. They're still Poptoys hands though, so they have those (censored) wrist pegs that aren't nearly as good as Phicen's.

First, here are some photos of the silver knight. The gorget on both of these figures has straps that go down over two pegs on the back of the cuirass. The holes on the straps are a bit too small though, so I'll need to run a needle through the holes to make them fit over the pegs.

The helmet for this figure was a bit snug, but it fits, unlike the Griffin Knight figure. As a whole the armor is not as shiny as the promo pictures, having more of a battle worn look, but I like the effect a lot. The jousting plate has a magnet and a strap that goes around the back. As unhistorical as the flail might be, I ended up really liking it. The balls and chains are all made out of metal, giving the weapon some heft. Feels like she'll be good at keeping the other toys in line.

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Silver11

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Silver10

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Silver12

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Silver15

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Silver14

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Silver13

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Silver17

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Silver16

Unfortunately, the black knight had a few problems with it, but I think with some tinkering I can fix them.

First of all a problem with both of these knights is the spikes on their boots poked through the foam of the packaging. For the black knight, one of the tips broke off. I'll try gluing it back on, but I might just end up buying some more boots since I was planning on picking up some spare parts for kitbashing anyways. This figure also has a particularly (censored) hand peg that's hard to get anything to stay attached to it.

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Black110

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Black211

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Black310

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Black410

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Black510

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Black610

The gorget on this thing won't fit under the helmet at all. I think I'm going to have to take some pliers or something and try to widen out the bottom of the helmet near her cheeks a bit more to get it to git. It's also extremely difficult to get the straps to attach to the pegs on the back of her cuirass since they're covered up by the larger pauldrons. If you're not careful putting the gorget on the figure you might scratch some of the black paint off.

Both of the swords are made of metal, and I like the black knight's sword more than the silver one.

gooboo

Forgot to add, here's my Eagle knight welcoming these two into the Metallic Gal Mafia.

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 Gang110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for these pics! Both look great and a lot less shiny than the dragon and griffin knights. Personally I like the matte versions more.

Awesome (just a bit annoying with the broken shoe bit)

gooboo

I prefer the more matte looking armors as well, although I'm sure historically some knights probably polished their armor to a high degree of reflectiveness.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the photos! They look great, and generally so much more plausible (relatively speaking) than so many other attempts to make something along these lines before. Too bad about the frustrating experiences, but I think you can either find a way around them, or attribute it to battle damage and personal preference. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
They turned out great. Sorry for the issues with the black one. Do you think heating up the gorget would help it fit?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The breakage (aside from the weight) is one of the reasons I'm not a fan of die-cast. It makes things far too brittle. Plastic can look just as good, has less weight, and has flex once heated up so the issues like the gorget could be alleviated.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

POPTOYS new product: 1/6 Europa War III- Gothic Knights and War horse - Page 3 C8485110

brazybear

brazybear
Thank you gooboo for the pics. Sorry one of them had some broken pieces but despite that they both look great. How are these figures at holding poses? Can they hold a leg or an arm with weapons up or is it too heavy?

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

gooboo

The armor is not nearly as heavy as something like a COO Model knight. These figures have no problems with poseability, aside from the natural movement restrictions that come with plate armor.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I didn't realise the gorget was also metal..... is it just me who finds it a bit nervewracking to have metal pieces near the face? I'd be so scared of it scratching the head...

suo76

gooboo wrote:
The gorget on this thing won't fit under the helmet at all. I think I'm going to have to take some pliers or something and try to widen out the bottom of the helmet near her cheeks a bit more to get it to git. It's also extremely difficult to get the straps to attach to the pegs on the back of her cuirass since they're covered up by the larger pauldrons. If you're not careful putting the gorget on the figure you might scratch some of the black paint off.

Both of the swords are made of metal, and I like the black knight's sword more than the silver one.

Thanks for your fine pictures. My black knight got delayed in delivery so I will have to wait a few days to compare if I will have the same problems. Is ist possible to remove the pauldrons before attaching the gorget and put them back on after?

gooboo

I haven't really messed around with the black knight's pauldrons yet since the gorget doesn't really fit in the first place. I'll get around to it eventually.

suo76

Got mine black knight today. I can confirm the problems with the right hand peg: The gloves doesn't really hold onto it and easy come of, especially when you put one of the metal weapons in her hand. The left one holds well in comparison. Got lucky with the boots, they are intact.

Easy solution for the helmet: I bend the outer tips of the gorget just a little inwards with low pressure with my hands. It still fits on the figure and inside the helmet. So I did not have to mess trying to widen the helmet.
The gorget also holds with the straps put through the slopes on the shoulder and putting the ends of the straps underneath the pauldrons on the back. Maybe it can come off with more extreme posing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum