OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Randam's random pics

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 27]

301Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:31 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Really cool shot, Ralf. Love the rain effect, the pose and the base. Is that one of those corner pieces for that over-sized chess board? Looks cool.

302Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:02 am

Randam Hajile

@all

Thanks for the kind comments, folks!

BAMComix wrote:Great shot! How did you do the rain?
The rain was digitally added in "Affinity photo". It comes with some free effect "assets"  for fog, rain and snow. These are basically transparent PNGs with a corresponding pattern, so you can easily overlay them onto your picture. Pretty easy.Smile If you want to have more control you would have to generate brushes to make the pattern yourself.

Stryker2011 wrote:Really cool shot, Ralf. Love the rain effect, the pose and the base. Is that one of those corner pieces for that over-sized chess board? Looks cool.

No, this is actually a fancy diorama stand for Batman figures that can be used as a roof part or a seat like structure.

-------------------------------

So, here is the next arranged shot. I put some cloth on the new S49.

Lara in Dinosaur Valley watching the sunset...
Randam's random pics - Page 13 52213261938_ca80c8d960_kTomb Raider by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Clothes fit comparably well on the S49...

Randam's random pics - Page 13 52213518764_7ce3ef0e8d_kTomb Raider by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for looking at my stuff!

303Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:51 am

ElBundy

Nice version of Lara and nice setting. Where did you get the dinosaur skull?
On the promo photos the TBLeague S49 body looks very/too thin. But in your photos it looks rather realistic.

304Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:08 am

Diana

Aww! Beautiful scene! Backdrop, lighting, posing, composition... Nicely done.
Those little critters are adorable. Smile

305Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:44 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic shots!

306Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, I still have some reservations, but you've convinced me to try out this new body. Smile The photos are excellent, as always, especially love the one where she is sitting on the dinosaur skull. For some reason, I think the proportions looked better on your body info photos -- is the head sitting a little high here? It seems a little large.

307Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:51 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@all
I'm glad that you like her. Thanks for the nice comments!  Randam's random pics - Page 13 1f60a

ElBundy wrote:Nice version of Lara and nice setting. Where did you get the dinosaur skull?
On the promo photos the TBLeague S49 body looks very/too thin. But in your photos it looks rather realistic.

The T-Rex skull is a decoration item for a terrarium. Just search on Amazon for "T-rex" and "terrarium" and you will immediately see it.

GubernatorFan wrote:Well, I still have some reservations, but you've convinced me to try out this new body. Smile The photos are excellent, as always, especially love the one where she is sitting on the dinosaur skull. For some reason, I think the proportions looked better on your body info photos -- is the head sitting a little high here? It seems a little large.

I'm always a little puzzled how differently TBLeague's body models are perceived in the community. Personally, the unnatural head size/shoulder width ratio seen with a lot of TBleague bodies has been an major issue for me. So, I welcome every model whose smaller shoulders allow for the use of a wide range of smaller-sized heads. Strangely, the slender build and longer legs of S49 (or S33) feel much less problematic to me. Actually, I find the relatively broader hips of S49 more esthetic than the body proportions of the popular S24/25 body. But beauty surely lies in the eye of the beholder.  Randam's random pics - Page 13 1f600

You are right, that the Miss Spetsnaz head sits a little high on the body. As I mentioned in the other thread, the neck on S49 is somewhat longer than usual (like S47). Unfortunately, the original adapter is still glued in the Spetsnaz head, as I was afraid to mess up the hair when prying it free, and so I could not push it further down. Of course, this should not be an issue with other heads.

308Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:46 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool photos. I like the diorama and, of course, the lighting is perfect.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Randam's random pics - Page 13 C8485110

309Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:38 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:I welcome every model whose smaller shoulders allow for the use of a wide range of smaller-sized heads. Strangely, the slender build and longer legs of S49 (or S33) feel much less problematic to me. Actually, I find the relatively broader hips of S49 more esthetic than the body proportions of the popular S24/25 body. But beauty surely lies in the eye of the beholder.  Randam's random pics - Page 13 1f600

You are right, that the Miss Spetsnaz head sits a little high on the body. As I mentioned in the other thread, the neck on S49 is somewhat longer than usual (like S47). Unfortunately, the original adapter is still glued in the Spetsnaz head, as I was afraid to mess up the hair when prying it free, and so I could not push it further down. Of course, this should not be an issue with other heads.
As do I. I don't know that the S24/25 body is popular, but it is a good alternative to the super tall bodies when it comes to height. Will see how this measures up in the end. Thanks for confirming about the head; that is probably what's distracting me.

310Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:49 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
GubernatorFan wrote:
Randam Hajile wrote:...
As do I. I don't know that the S24/25 body is popular, but it is a good alternative to the super tall bodies when it comes to height. Will see how this measures up in the end. Thanks for confirming about the head; that is probably what's distracting me.

Sorry, if my last reply sounded somewhat harsh. It's sometimes hard to hit the right tone, as English is my second language. I did not want to lecture people on body types.

Concerning S49 body proportions, I made another picture with a Very Cool Kendall Jenner head. I find the position of the head OK, but one could push it down by another 2-3 millimeters. Note that the hands on this figure are oversized, as they are taken from the TBL Cow Girl.

Randam's random pics - Page 13 52215628524_d4d5b91976_cHead proportion test by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

311Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:55 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think she (Kendall+S49) looks very good. I've always pointed out the desirability of having some leeway in placing the head on the neck as needed (and, accordingly, happy whenever the inside neck connector is not glued in place). The difference in how these heads sit on the body is a good example, although I'm still mystified -- Ms Spetsnaz's head on the nude body reference photo in the S48-49 thread had not struck me the same way, and one would think the clothes (as here) would have made the body appear larger.

312Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:59 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool looking figure, Ralf. Despite my dislike of anything Kardashian related, the figure itself looks pretty good. Don’t mind the body proportions at all.

313Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:24 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for the new fantastic Pictures, Randy. I love Hellgirl. Think she´s my fav. There´s much atmosphere in this dark picture. I have tons of this deko stuff in my basement to. Laughing

Gargoyles, Hellgirl is sitting on and skulls in every size.

314Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:04 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Ephiane wrote:Thanks for the new fantastic Pictures, Randy. I love Hellgirl. Think she´s my fav. There´s much atmosphere in this dark picture. I have tons of this deko stuff in my basement to. Laughing

Gargoyles, Hellgirl is sitting on and skulls in every size.

I'm happy that you like her. Hellgirl is a very nice figure, though the cheap body is somewhat disappointing. I really need to paint a TBLeague body red following your techique.

Despite having some health issues at the moment (minor surgery first and now a Corona infection), I put together a new figure.

The Space Marine...

Randam's random pics - Page 13 52267125353_384e6eae22_kSpace Marine WIP by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Randam's random pics - Page 13 52267108951_4d8026246f_kSpace Marine WIP by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Randam's random pics - Page 13 52267130093_aa7b5878d1_kSpace Marine WIP by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for looking!

315Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:39 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s really cool. Figure looks awesome, and then use of those plants with the terrain really makes for a cool Sci-Fi environment. Excellent photos. Hope you feel better soon.

316Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:21 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some great figures, that space marine is top notch, I'm hope you start feeling well soon.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Randam's random pics - Page 13 1f60e

317Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:52 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hope you are fully recovered by the time you read this. Space Marine is very cool, nice use of the impossibly dark body. Love the terrain.

318Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:50 pm

valentin

valentin
GWS!

The armament of the space marine is very interesting. I do appreciate the long blade for CQB action, gives off the vibes of a broadsword for more knight vs knight or viking barbarian clashes. (Going Clang Clang Clang *bish and RARH ARH!, etc)

319Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:10 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stunning shots RH!

320Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:23 am

Melancholia

Wonderful! Your photos look professional, I can't imagine how much research into photographing these figures you must have had to do.

321Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:37 am

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful work sir! Very striking character.

Using the black body was a neat trick to simulate a tight bodysuit, keeping the shine and texture you would lose with a fabric suit.

Was polymer clay/fimo used when you sculpted the armor?

I think you could fill the gab between heel and toes and turn them into pneumatic cyber plateau boots or something.

The red moss and the red hair are nice complimenting accents for that dark world.

Is that a gun in the last pic?

322Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:40 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
So much awesomeness! Especially loving that super atmospheric Hellgirl shot, and the Space Marine looks so bad-ass. I really like the armor and sword design a lot too! 3D printed or harvested from elsewhere?

323Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:09 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@all
Thanks for the nice comments. Im feeling a little bit better now, but I'm still not completely done with Covid-19 after more than a week.  Sad  

Ovy wrote:Beautiful work sir! Very striking character.

Using the black body was a neat trick to simulate a tight bodysuit, keeping the shine and texture you would lose with a fabric suit.

Was polymer clay/fimo used when you sculpted the armor?

I think you could fill the gab between heel and toes and turn them into pneumatic cyber plateau boots or something.

The red moss and the red hair are nice complimenting accents for that dark world.

Is that a gun in the last pic?

Thanks. I found this armor on ebay, but the quality is rather poor. The seller might have 3d-printed it, as it came in the typical "resin grey" color. You can find it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/175234383279
It was originally made for a typical VC jointed body, but I adapted it for the black TBL Month body and painted it with "gun metal"-paint. I dropped the original hip armor (looked stupid) and went for a strap-like webbing instead as an optical accent. I think that it turned out pretty well.  

ReverendSpooky wrote:So much awesomeness!  Especially loving that super atmospheric Hellgirl shot, and the Space Marine looks so bad-ass.  I really like the armor and sword design a lot too!  3D printed or harvested from elsewhere?

BBK's Hellgirl is really nice. I'm glad that I got her. The space marine armor is from ebay (s. above), just a tiny bit modified by me.

BTW Does anybody own the old Flirty Girl space armor? I've been searching for it for ages on ebay, as I always wanted to bash a Mass Effect Femshep (thus the choice of the painkiller headsculpt Smile ).

324Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:02 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Another little update. I worked a tiny bit on my old Red Sonja-figure, which was intended to resemble Sideshows 1/4 statue "Queen of the Scavengers". My figure was still missing a cloak made out of a torn war banner.

Here is Sideshows original statue...
Randam's random pics - Page 13 MEC8520_t

And here my version...
Randam's random pics - Page 13 52281576822_84f37c11a6_kRed Sonja - Queen of scavengers by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Randam's random pics - Page 13 52282565523_aaa0e352e3_kRed Sonja - Queen of scavengers by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Randam's random pics - Page 13 52282551886_a67db116a2_kRed Sonja - Queen of scavengers by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for looking!

325Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:16 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s beautiful. What a gorgeous figure, and of course your excellent photographs do her justice. Just… Wow!

326Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:37 am

valentin

valentin
In the final pic, the one showing her back, that arrow looks so in focused, like a near-miss... It's like another heroic story for the folks in the tavern.

327Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:00 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Excellent pics Ralph! That background is incredible. Is she 1/6 or 1/12th? either way, she looks amazing!

328Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:09 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Excellent figure, that is how a kitbash should look like - That head is still one of the best out there imo. But I also like the boots and the cape! Great job

329Randam's random pics - Page 13 Empty Re: Randam's random pics Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:00 am

Diana

Diana
I love that figure! You did a great job in matching her to the reference. But I prefer yours, to my surprise because of the added softness that comes with the head. ScarJo is great at being strong and vulnerable at the same time.

The ground and background are beautiful, too, and those arrows are a nice touch!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum