OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:31 am

Diana

Lupo.sculpts wrote:(two images)

So you can see these? You see the uneven chin here? these are all wips
Also one eye is higher that the other

YES! Perfect! Very Happy

102MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:41 am

Lupo.sculpts

Now I see the images again... Rolling Eyes
Fun fact: I realized that this image so famous is in reality flipped...I mean, I don't know why but the production used these footage inverted (maybe they thought that his right half of the face was more menacing?).
You can see that the chin and the nose are uneven but in the wrong direction.
They painted the scar in the opposite side of the face.
The hair in his forehead is going in the wrong direction.
also there is a missing mole in the left part of the chin as in reality the image being flipped it is covered in the right side.
MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Scherm57

https://www.instagram.com/frikifanart/

103MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:10 am

skywalkersaga

Nice catch on the flipped image! Things like this start to be obvious after you stare at someone's face for so long. Laughing

And yes, I am a 'she'. :'D  I am a die-hard 'fangirl' and love Romance. You are right that probably no one but me would like a 'sweet' Ani. Laughing

The facial expression you have for him in the above image looks really good, actually. Not too sweet, not too angry. Just right. Smile

104MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:15 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Lupo.sculpts wrote:Now I see the images again... Rolling Eyes
Fun fact: I realized that this image so famous is in reality flipped...I mean, I don't know why but the production used these footage inverted (maybe they thought that his right half of the face was more menacing?).
You can see that the chin and the nose are uneven but in the wrong direction.
They painted the scar in the opposite side of the face.
The hair in his forehead is going in the wrong direction.
also there is a missing mole in the left part of the chin as in reality the image being flipped it is covered in the right side.

Good eye, which comes as no surprise given your skills as an artist. For what it is worth, Lucas is notorious for flipping images when it suited him. There are scenes on the deck of Star Destroyers in The Empire Strikes Back that until a recent special edition had all the officers with their badges on the wrong side of their chest -- because the frames were all flipped. I am almost surprised this happened to frames in the Prequel Trilogy (would have thought Lucas would have had more foresight by then), but I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

105MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:20 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Lupo.sculpts wrote:
Randam Hajile wrote:The 1/4 printout of NP/Padme looks great. MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 1f44d  MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 1f44d

The Anakin-head is also developing nicely. In the frontal view the skull feels a little wide to my eyes ( because of the ear positioning?). Overall, really great work!

You think is the skull? Sure is not the hair?
Also part is caused by the percentage of perspective I used.
I will be sure once I print it.
Every time I printed something that looked perfectly correct the print came out very narrow.
it is a bit tricky this thing in Zbrush. Now I learned the lesson and this is with a very let's say low perspective. It is not a complete lack of perspective but it is not strong. So you see the ears distant.
Look at the Anakin that HT made...that had great perspective problems.
For sure they used a strong perspective.

Will see once I print it.

Thank you for your always constructive suggestions!

Oh, I see. I did not know about the perspective issues in Zbrush. Looking at your later pics of the head, I think everything should be fine. I'm also excited to see the printed head ... though I'm not a fan of the prequel triology Sad

106MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:25 am

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
Good eye, which comes as no surprise given your skills as an artist. For what it is worth, Lucas is notorious for flipping images when it suited him. There are scenes on the deck of Star Destroyers in The Empire Strikes Back that until a recent special edition had all the officers with their badges on the wrong side of their chest -- because the frames were all flipped. I am almost surprised this happened to frames in the Prequel Trilogy (would have thought Lucas would have had more foresight by then), but I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

Wow, I love to discover these interesting facts!
Thanks!

107MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:31 am

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
skywalkersaga wrote:Nice catch on the flipped image! Things like this start to be obvious after you stare at someone's face for so long. Laughing

And yes, I am a 'she'. :'D  I am a die-hard 'fangirl' and love Romance. You are right that probably no one but me would like a 'sweet' Ani. Laughing

The facial expression you have for him in the above image looks really good, actually. Not too sweet, not too angry. Just right. Smile

I received the new printer!!!
Made a test print of Padme 1/4 head and the details are stunning!!
Now I need to end with Anakin's ep 2 hair and prepare him for test!! So I print again also Padme's 1/6 head! Can't wait!!!!! I mean she and I can't wait ! ahahahah

108MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:44 am

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
Anyway, coming to Padme.
I found this set of trousers and turtle neck t-shirt

I am thinking of printing the bracers, the belt pouches, etc, buying a leather or fake leather ribbon for the belt and customizing all. Cutting the t-shirt, apply some thread to make a fake design in the bust..

Sorry...I cover the breasts because this body is very "No Portman". I need to find something more appropriate!

Also maybe I was wrong, the head seem in the correct proportion, is just that she is very small and not tall so always seems that the head needs to be bigger...

MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Scherm58

MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 27887210
MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 27885010
MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 27859310

109MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:54 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She is looking great!

And yeah, there aren't really any tbleague/phicen bodies that are 100% suitable for Padme, unfortunately.

For my Padme figures, I have used Tbleague s25b (but the bust is technically too big) as well as the PopToys Xing bodies (these are almost perfect in shape for her, but not totally seamless).  PopToys bodies are very similar to Hot Toys female bodies. I've also used a DamToys body for one of my Padme figures, but it is not commonly available.

Here's my Padme on s25b body (not perfect but it works for pregnant Padme):

MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Img_9111

(full thread HERE )

Don't currently have a pic of the PopToys one, since it was actually a commission I did for someone else, but I'll be finishing one with that same body for myself soon, too, and will share pics once it's ready. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

110MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:06 pm

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
skywalkersaga wrote:She is looking great!

And yeah, there aren't really any tbleague/phicen bodies that are 100% suitable for Padme, unfortunately.

For my Padme figures, I have used Tbleague s25b (but the bust is technically too big) as well as the PopToys Xing bodies (these are almost perfect in shape for her, but not totally seamless).  PopToys bodies are very similar to Hot Toys female bodies. I've also used a DamToys body for one of my Padme figures, but it is not commonly available.

Here's my Padme on s25b body (not perfect but it works for pregnant Padme):

MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Img_9111

(full thread HERE )

Don't currently have a pic of the PopToys one, since it was actually a commission I did for someone else, but I'll be finishing one with that same body for myself soon, too, and will share pics once it's ready. : )

I checked the thread! Very nice! Especially her dress! Love it.

111MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:24 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lupo.sculpts wrote:

Thanks so much, glad you like it!  MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 263a

112MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:19 pm

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
skywalkersaga wrote:
Lupo.sculpts wrote:

Thanks so much, glad you like it!  MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 263a

Dedicated to you! As you wanted to make sweet scenes!

I think they are going to be great.

Sorry here in Italy is night, so my pics are not very good, tomorrow with light I'll make something better!

I am so happy with this printer Very Happy

MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 27886910
MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 27885310
MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 27879611

113MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:21 pm

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
I love how it turned out! the head is even better in my hands!
Pics are not very sharp!

MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 27880110

114MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:24 pm

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 27877810

115MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:45 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Simply beautiful, they look alive/organic, even without colour or pupils already. You can see how much observation, skill and love went into it. That's great about that internet thing, connecting you and skywalkersaga will lead to amazing cooperations.

I wonder what the position of the heads were in the final print file, maybe you can take a pic of it with support structures? I guess somehow tilted and they had some support on their cheeks?  I am still not sure what the best position to print heads is regarding
the minimisation of support structure scars and those visible ring structures created on peaks in the last few layers. Until now I only printed heads tilted back in different degrees, but the symmetry always puts those rings in the center of the head or forehead and sometimes nose and chin l, depending on their curve and degree of tilt. I guess you have more experience and explanation for your approach.

116MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:12 pm

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
Ovy wrote:Simply beautiful, they look alive/organic, even without colour or pupils already. You can see how much observation, skill and love went into it. That's great about that internet thing, connecting you and skywalkersaga will lead to amazing cooperations.

I wonder what the position of the heads were in the final print file, maybe you can take a pic of it with support structures? I guess somehow tilted and they had some support on their cheeks?  I am still not sure what the best position to print heads is regarding
the minimisation of support structure scars and those visible ring structures created on peaks in the last few layers. Until now I only printed heads tilted back in different degrees, but the symmetry always puts those rings in the center of the head or forehead and sometimes nose and chin l, depending on their curve and degree of tilt. I guess you have more experience and explanation for your approach.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos during printing but no supports have to go in the face (if possible).
all the supports were very slim and went on the back ( neck and low head). When possible even better if they just go in the low neck and the part where the connector goes.
This printer, MINi 8k of Phrozen, prints so sharp and is difficult to see a single layer.
But in some case, as you were saying, depending on how you tilt the
piece something like this might happen (see pic) Even if you don't see any layers you can see where their circles ends. You see the small hole in the forehead?
This is another version of Padme I made for a 1/4 Geonosis statue
MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 27883010

117MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:33 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gorgeous work and results!

118MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:21 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, amazing! Again, they both look wonderful, but the Ani really blows me away. He looks so perfect. Love the expression. Been hoping for an AotC Ani for a long time. Thanks for helping to make that dream closer to coming true. Very Happy

119MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:17 am

Diana

Diana
They look even better together! Very Happy

So... do you already know how much you are going to sell them for? What a Face

120MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:01 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
The printed heads look very beautiful. Anakin's head also is well dimensioned! MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 1f44d

If you can make the heads avaiable, I would be definitively interested.

121MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:48 am

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
I am actually very happy about Padmé too. She has a very elegant profile :-)
The price would depend on the number of people interested. I was thinking about 150 dollars for 1 or a discount for the couple (plus shipping). and to make a limited run of 20 or 30 for each.
Yes the proportions on Anakin are very good looking at him (live ehehe). The photos change depending if a take them with mobile or reflex and the distance (and other parameters).

MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 20220412
MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 20220411
MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 20220410

MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 20220415
MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 20220414

122MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:35 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good. Perhaps some of the details in Padme's hair seems to have been lost in the printing, or is that just the lighting?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 C8485110

123MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:41 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Those two heads look awesome together - even unpainted. What a great job! Smile

124MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:58 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
They look beautiful. Will you also offer a bald version of Padme , or will that be for another run?

125MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:55 am

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
skywalkersaga wrote:They look beautiful. Will you also offer a bald version of Padme , or will that be for another run?

As said all depends on how many people would be interested in a Natalie Portman bald head.
Nobody else asked me although I would be veeeery interested to see what you can do with that eheh!
So many version of Padme Amidala hair :-)

126MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:55 am

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks pretty good. Perhaps some of the details in Padme's hair seems to have been lost in the printing, or is that just the lighting?

I'll take some more photos :-)

127MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:56 am

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
Thank you everybody!

128MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:05 am

Lupo.sculpts

Lupo.sculpts
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks pretty good. Perhaps some of the details in Padme's hair seems to have been lost in the printing, or is that just the lighting?

It's not bad. Maybe it was the lighting?

MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Scherm61

129MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 Empty Re: MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:53 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah. Looks great there.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

MY LATEST 1/6 HEADS SCULPTS - Page 5 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum