OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Revanitez

Randam Hajile wrote:Nice work on your custom Leia, Revanitez! Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 1f44d  Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 1f44d  Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 1f44d
I think I will continue to look for a suitable Leia head from Hot Toys to go with the outfit.

Thanks Randam,

I switched back to the stock MT HS, I like it better on the proportions with S17B.
The TT head looks tad too small on it (I think it'll look better with S25B).

I also managed to fix the MT's HS large forehead (I think lol!), Inspired by you Randam.

I am gonna stop here.
Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 20220615-092920

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Looks really great.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
This looks even better, Revanitez, well done!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Randam Hajile

Looks good! Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 1f44d Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 1f44d Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 1f44d

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I came across this photo while doing research and used it to double check if the S25B is indeed reasonable. So that body is definitely the closest height-wise, although the body type is not absolutely the same (Carrie Fisher was a little curvier). My 6.7 heads is a bit of an estimate, between trying to measure, and deciding exactly where the bottom line should go in perspective, but a little less than 7 seems to be the case.

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 Leiapr10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That's a good reference for height-wise, but don't forget that Carrie had started to put a little bit (a very little bit) of weight back on by the time she did that Rolling Stones shoot -- she was skinnier when she was filming the movie.

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 Rs_63410

I have a 17B on the way from Giantoy, but I also have a 25 on hand. Still haven't decided which one I'll use, as it all depends how the Endor head looks on each body.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, it's fun to see how Gubernators Thread has inspired the others like Revanitez and Randam to tweak/photgraph/show their own versions.

I think the taller boides could depict stunt doubles. :p

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I just tried the Endor Leia head on the 25 body (the neck adapter in the head is in so deep the head sits too low on the neck, but that can be tweaked for it to sit higher), and even thought the 25 is the same height as the HT Endor Leia body, I just can't get over the overly narrow shoulders. Those 25s work great for younger characters (teens/tweens), or Elves/Fairies, but they really throw me off for anything that reveals so much skin like this character does. I'm just not feeling it, but that's okay, everyone has their personal preference. I'm more of an aesthetics guy, rather than 100% dead-on accuracy. (Maybe if TBLeague makes a body in the future that's the same height as the 25, with smaller boobs, and slightly wider shoulders, I'll look into using that one, but for now, I think I'll still stick to the 17B).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:That's a good reference for height-wise, but don't forget that Carrie had started to put a little bit (a very little bit) of weight back on by the time she did that Rolling Stones shoot -- she was skinnier when she was filming the movie.

I have a 17B on the way from Giantoy, but I also have a 25 on hand. Still haven't decided which one I'll use, as it all depends how the Endor head looks on each body.

I had no idea where that beach photo came from -- in fact I was wondering, as the sail barge set was in the middle of the desert, with no beach to be found. In principle, a thinner Carrie (in the film) would vindicate the S25B body type a little better (though there are still some differences in proportion).

Ovy wrote:Haha, it's fun to see how Gubernators Thread has inspired the others like Revanitez and Randam to tweak/photgraph/show their own versions.

Good idea, Ovy, or cosplayers Wink

Stryker2011 wrote:I just tried the Endor Leia head on the 25 body (the neck adapter in the head is in so deep the head sits too low on the neck, but that can be tweaked for it to sit higher), and even thought the 25 is the same height as the HT Endor Leia body, I just can't get over the overly narrow shoulders. Those 25s work great for younger characters (teens/tweens), or Elves/Fairies, but they really throw me off for anything that reveals so much skin like this character does. I'm just not feeling it, but that's okay, everyone has their personal preference. I'm more of an aesthetics guy, rather than 100% dead-on accuracy. (Maybe if TBLeague makes a body in the future that's the same height as the 25, with smaller boobs, and slightly wider shoulders, I'll look into using that one, but for now, I think I'll still stick to the 17B).

The difference in the shoulders is a legitimate concern. To me it is less striking than the difference in height. I'm sure you've fiddled with the position of the shoulders, in case that makes a difference (it can). Looking at your reference photo posted above and at my S25B+TT Leia head photos, I don't think the latter is very far from the former. But you have a better eye for this sort of detail, I suspect. Ultimately, you should definitely go for what you prefer; height-wise, a reclining Leia would be less problematic. It seems a little strange to criticize TBLeague for giving us narrow shoulders, because (at least until relatively recently) they have been giving female figures overly broad shoulders. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, a happy medium in shoulder width would be ideal for the 25 — halfway between the earlier numbers and the 25 would be an ideal.

Revanitez

Revanitez
Ovy wrote:Haha, it's fun to see how Gubernators Thread has inspired the others like Revanitez and Randam to tweak/photgraph/show their own versions.

Yes its all GF's fault! Very Happy

Ephiane

Ephiane
GubernatorFan wrote:I came across this photo while doing research and used it to double check if the S25B is indeed reasonable. So that body is definitely the closest height-wise, although the body type is not absolutely the same (Carrie Fisher was a little curvier). My 6.7 heads is a bit of an estimate, between trying to measure, and deciding exactly where the bottom line should go in perspective, but a little less than 7 seems to be the case.

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 Leiapr10

Very Good reference. Totaly with You. That´s exactly what i´ve sayed. The female Hands, Feet and Headsculpts are propotional to small for the bodys. I´m still watching out for Big headsculpts. My Spare Parts boxes are full of heads i can´t use for my projects, because they are to small.

I modified the old plastic bodys, for smaller Characters and later the pichen / tbl ones.

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 Ajycru11

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 Faceap72

blackpool

blackpool
Always a pleasure to see your customs Eph!

Those last Leia are all gorgeous, the added make up makes a beautiful difference with the stock headsculpt!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:
Very Good reference. Totaly with You. That´s exactly what i´ve sayed. The female Hands, Feet and Headsculpts are propotional to small for the bodys. I´m still watching out for Big headsculpts. My Spare Parts boxes are full of heads i can´t use for my projects, because they are to small.

I modified the old plastic bodys, for smaller Characters and later the pichen / tbl ones.
Oh yes, I remember your body modifications, Ephiane, just don't have the skill -- or guts -- to do that to stainless steel. That's why I'm trying out the smaller and curvier bodies as alternatives to the original Glamazon ones. Smile By the way, I don't remember seeing your warrior women photo (this particular one anyway), and all the characters in it look excellent.

blackpool wrote:Those last Leia are all gorgeous, the added make up makes a beautiful difference with the stock headsculpt!
Thanks Alex, glad you approve.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Wow! What each of you has managed to do here is just amazing. It’s really cool that you were able to inspire each other like that.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Looks good to me! Maybe a little young and naïve affectations to the HS that could be anime inspired? I have the AC player? HS which I repainted, not perfect but does the job.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:Wow!  What each of you has managed to do here is just amazing.  It’s really cool that you were able to inspire each other like that.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it, and that it worked out as it did, with so many different takes on improving what is out there. Someone said "blame GF." And that is a kind of blame I'm proud to take. Smile

shovelchop81 wrote:Looks good to me! Maybe a little young and naïve affectations to the HS that could be anime inspired? I have the AC player? HS which I repainted, not perfect but does the job.

Thank you Alex. I agree, the Mr Toys version does come across slightly that way, but everything seems to point to the paint job (which is fine but not subtle or accurate enough). That's why I preferred the HT and TT heads, but others have shown that with some repainting the Mr Toys head can get there. In Part I, the comparison shot of the different heads suggests that the AC Play head was based on the HT ANH Leia head. This means that, insofar as the recasting of that part of the head was good, repainting would have improved the AC Play head significantly, much like the case with the Mr Toys head.

Revanitez

Revanitez
GubernatorFan wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:Wow!  What each of you has managed to do here is just amazing.  It’s really cool that you were able to inspire each other like that.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it, and that it worked out as it did, with so many different takes on improving what is out there. Someone said "blame GF." And that is a kind of blame I'm proud to take. Smile

Yes that was me! Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 1f601
Blame with love and respect!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Great improvements guys!! Sorry I missed them first time around Embarassed Mine is super rushed by comparison, I was just fed up with only having a Hasbro Slave Leia in my Jabba dio! Mixed Hasbro bits and bobs modified, silicone body non branded, repainted a recast of an AC Players HS unless they sold them separately from a kit?

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 VJjDjQF

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 CBNNeAR

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Revanitez wrote:Yes that was me! Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 1f601
Blame with love and respect!
The best kind of blame! Wink

shovelchop81 wrote:Great improvements guys!! Sorry I missed them first time around Embarassed Mine is super rushed by comparison, I was just fed up with only having a Hasbro Slave Leia in my Jabba dio! Mixed Hasbro bits and bobs modified, silicone body non branded, repainted a recast of an AC Players HS unless they sold them separately from a kit?
Thanks. Always nice to see your SW figures, even if the lighting limits the sharpness of the images. Now I'm wondering how many of those pieces I thought were FAO Schwarz were actually Hasbro (or maybe they really are the same). At any rate, they lend themselves to improved custom Leias like this. And you put in the earrings too! Unbranded silicon body might be Jiaou, although these hands are not, I think.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not sure about the scale, but looks like we have a new contestant...

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 Main-q12

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Haha! Good one.

Valiarde

Valiarde
lol
now we just have to wait until MosToys finally makes a frog head.

*impatient waiting*

Diana

Diana
Bwahahaha! Genius! Very Happy Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Haha! Good one.

Valiarde wrote:lol
now we just have to wait until MosToys finally makes a frog head.

*impatient waiting*

Diana wrote:Bwahahaha! Genius! Very Happy Laughing

I'm glad you liked it, too. It occurs to me that it might have made for a more interesting alien than some at Jabba's court.

ukshaun

ukshaun
It was good fun reading through this thread. Good work by all involved.
So many different Leia portraits out there.

I was rather taken by this pic. ..and only 1 seam (left wrist) in view Smile
Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 20220607-125521

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Revanitez

Revanitez
Lol @GubernatorFan

@ukshaun thanks and yeah I agree on the hand seam very unsightly. I have long changed her pose, did my best  to cover it
Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 20220830-161901

ukshaun

ukshaun
Revanitez wrote:Lol @GubernatorFan

@ukshaun thanks and yeah I agree on the hand seam very unsightly. I have long changed her pose, did my best  to cover it
Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 6 20220830-161901

Good effort covering the seams.
I prefer the straight leg pose of the other pic Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a really nice new pose, Rev. Looks great there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum