OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:@Ian
Very nice work with the TT Toys head. I think you came as close as possible to the original look!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you agree and approve.

Nil wrote:Which head is the HS from?

You'll have to be more specific than that. Which head are you asking about? In Part I (the review of the new Mr Toys set) I used the Mr Toys head; the comparison photos showed several, labeled accordingly; in Part II there was more with the same Mr Toys head and then some with a custom head I got from someone else (a modified Hot Toys A New Hope Leia head); in Part III there was the Hot Toys Endor Leia head with just the detachable hairpiece swapped out with the Mr Toys bun; in Part IV there was the TT Toys Bespin Leia head partly modified; in Part V there was the same TT Toys Bespin Leia head, more modified. RandamHajile and Revanitez used the Mr Toys head with various degrees of repainting. (There is also an older Mr Toys head you can see in the comparison photo in Part I, but it hasn't been used in any of the customized sets shown here.)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Nil

The HS head Revanitez used and painted, because the mold looks different then the MT 2021 and has earrings which could have been modded in. But, the head looks slimmer that why was wondering what HS head they meant, unless it was a Hot Toy modded one.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Nil wrote:The HS head Revanitez used and painted, because the mold looks different then the MT 2021 and has earrings which could have been modded in. But, the head looks slimmer that why was wondering what HS head they meant, unless it was a Hot Toy modded one.
Revanitez used only the Mr Toys sculpt (MT 2021). He repainted the make up and added the earrings (they are not molded) -- I do not know if he pierced the ears or just clipped them on like I did. Randam also repainted the head, in that case the hairline, to achieve a more accurate effect. The TT Toys head saves us from either part (although it also benefits from some more work on the make up), and is easier to modify if one wants to get rid of the sideburns (which are not screen accurate for Jabba-slayer Leia). But it doesn't match the body's skin tone as well as the MT one. I think all these things have been written up in some detail above.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
While the S25 may be closer to the correct height for Carrie, I think I actually prefer the look of the S17 with it’s smaller bust size. While the boobs on the 25 aren’t as pronounced as some of the other bodies, they still look like balloons on that tiny body. If I can get Kayla’s color technique to work on a 17, I’ll put my Endor Leia head on that.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I actually agree with you, Stryker. I like the s25b as a body, but imo the s17b with the smaller bust has a more streamlined looked. It looks more natural, less distracting. Unless someone is going to be displaying her right next to a Han figure, I don't even think the height necessarily matters.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I actually agree with you, Stryker. I like the s25b as a body, but imo the s17b with the smaller bust has a more streamlined looked. It looks more natural, less distracting. Unless someone is going to be displaying her right next to a Han figure, I don't even think the height necessarily matters.

Even if you did, one could always do what Clark Gable and Tom Cruise have to do in movies — have him stand on a box to look like he’s actually taller than he is. Laughing

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
In some shots with Han, Leia did stand on top of a box, to diminish the great difference in height. Which makes it ironic that she was teasing Luke about his height... I don't know that S25B's bosoms are that much larger than they should be. But the relatively narrow waist does throw off the body type a little, and may contribute to the effect. Again, it is not about absolute height, but also proportion. S25B may not be an ideal match for the body type, but it is close in height and produces the correct head-to-body proportion. Since I'm after accuracy, not so much idealism, I'm sticking to it.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I'm not sure whether this is of bigger interest, but I finally got Armypainter Anti-shine varnish to seal the hair. I also touched up the make-up very slightly and put her on my beloved Saintess Knight body.
That how she looks now...

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 52130436549_1fe05bee41_hMr. Toys Planet princess by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 52130436799_80f8e10b43_hMr. Toys Planet princess by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good, Ralf. The makeup change really helps.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice work, Ralf. Hair can be a little shiny, so I applied a little bit of Vallejo's matte finish (which is too shiny to be called matte in my book) when I was modding my TT Leia head. I like those bodies too.

Valiarde

Valiarde
THE ultimate Hutt Leia thread in the whole internet. Smile  Always fascinating how true fans of the genre are invested in making the best and most accurate version of this one.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice work, Ralf. Hair can be a little shiny, so I applied a little bit of Vallejo's matte finish (which is too shiny to be called matte in my book) when I was modding my TT Leia head. I like those bodies too.

Thanks, Ian. I had the same experience with Vallejo's matte varnish, which is as glossy as the original paint. Now, I'm using ArmyPainter anti-shine varnish, and the results are much better. The only downside I noticed is that the varnish is rather viscous and adds a noticable coating layer if not carefully spread on the surface.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:THE ultimate Hutt Leia thread in the whole internet. Smile  Always fascinating how true fans of the genre are invested in making the best and most accurate version of this one.

Thank you very much for the kind words, and for your contributions here. I feel the same way.

Randam Hajile wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice work, Ralf. Hair can be a little shiny, so I applied a little bit of Vallejo's matte finish (which is too shiny to be called matte in my book) when I was modding my TT Leia head. I like those bodies too.

Thanks, Ian. I had the same experience with Vallejo's matte varnish, which is as glossy as the original paint. Now, I'm using ArmyPainter anti-shine varnish, and the results are much better. The only downside I noticed is that the varnish is rather viscous and adds a noticable coating layer if not carefully spread on the surface.

Oh, I meant that hair is supposed to be a little shiny -- at least some of the time -- so it is ok to use the not so matte Vallejo matte varnish on it. Smile For other things it is quite unsatisfactory. I'm glad you found an alternative -- even if I don't know if we needed one here -- but sorry it adds a visible layer. Something Sky recommended (I think), was to get Liquitex matte medium and mix it in with the paints. I did so (in fact I got Liquitex ultra matte medium), and it works like a charm. That is why I felt I needed to make the hair shinier with the Vallejo matte varnish, strange as that may sound.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
GubernatorFan wrote:

Oh, I meant that hair is supposed to be a little shiny -- at least some of the time -- so it is ok to use the not so matte Vallejo matte varnish on it. Smile For other things it is quite unsatisfactory. I'm glad you found an alternative -- even if I don't know if we needed one here -- but sorry it adds a visible layer. Something Sky recommended (I think), was to get Liquitex matte medium and mix it in with the paints. I did so (in fact I got Liquitex ultra matte medium), and it works like a charm. That is why I felt I needed to make the hair shinier with the Vallejo matte varnish, strange as that may sound.

Sorry that I misread your answer. The information about Liquitex is very valuable to me, as I recently had trouble that surfaces were too glossy after painting with acrylics (Vallejo Model Color or Army Painter stuff). Thanks for the tip.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:
Sorry that I misread your answer. The information about Liquitex is very valuable to me, as I recently had trouble that surfaces were too glossy after painting with acrylics (Vallejo Model Color or Army Painter stuff). Thanks for the tip.  
You are very welcome. I hope it works well for you. Of course, if you want to put a varnish on top of it, that would undo the matte effect. Here it is, although my bottle looks a little bit different:
https://www.liquitex.com/row/products/professional/gessoes-mediums-varnishes/ultra-matte-medium/

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those are some really cool Leia's, probably the best ones I've seen yet to be sincere.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Those are some really cool Leia's, probably the best ones I've seen yet to be sincere.
Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Revanitez

Revanitez
Following GF's footsteps with TT head (with make up touch-up).
What do you guys think?
Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 20220613-201925

Ephiane

Ephiane
Absolute great work of all the 1:6 Artists here.
The Title is Huttslayer. Maybe Stryker can give us a Scene where she strangels that fat basterd. Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Revanitez wrote:Following GF's footsteps with TT head (with make up touch-up).
What do you guys think?
Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 20220613-201925

Looks good. Smokey eyes gives her a more “sultry” look.

Ephiane wrote:Absolute great work of all the 1:6 Artists here.
The Title is Huttslayer. Maybe Stryker can give us a Scene where she strangels that fat basterd. Laughing

Perhaps. I’m waiting on another Endor Leia to use with a S17 body and cobble parts from all over to finally get one that I can pose better — get away from Jiaou Doll if possible.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Revanitez wrote:Following GF's footsteps with TT head (with make up touch-up).
What do you guys think?

I think it looks great. The TT head helps to begin with, and the make up improves the likeness and the appearance further. For screen accuracy, you can yank out those sideburns (then fill the tiny holes, texture, and paint), even if you do not raise the bun.

Thank you again. And I second that suggestion.

Stryker2011 wrote:

Perhaps. I’m waiting on another Endor Leia to use with a S17 body and cobble parts from all over to finally get one that I can pose better — get away from Jiaou Doll if possible.

That would be glorious. One thing that has resulted from cobbling together this Leia, is mounting regret I had not invested in the Sideshow Jabba's palace figures (apart from Bib Fortuna) and of course Jabba himself.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Revanitez -- your Leia already looked spectacular, but the new head and the customisation work you did on it take it up another notch! Absolutely gorgeous!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

That would be glorious. One thing that has resulted from cobbling together this Leia, is mounting regret I had not invested in the Sideshow Jabba's palace figures (apart from Bib Fortuna) and of course Jabba himself.

My friend, you NEED to get that new Jabba!!! ROTJ is my least favorite of the OT movies, but honestly, that whole sequence was probably the only stand-out parts of that cobbled-together mess of a film. In person, that whole setup is absolutely magnificent. You really wouldn't regret it.

Revanitez

Revanitez
Thanks GF, Stryker and Skywalkersaga!

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Nice work on your custom Leia, Revanitez! Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 1f44d  Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 1f44d  Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 1f44d
I think I will continue to look for a suitable Leia head from Hot Toys to go with the outfit.

Revanitez

Revanitez
Randam Hajile wrote:Nice work on your custom Leia, Revanitez! Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 1f44d  Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 1f44d  Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 1f44d
I think I will continue to look for a suitable Leia head from Hot Toys to go with the outfit.

Thanks Randam,

I switched back to the stock MT HS, I like it better on the proportions with S17B.
The TT head looks tad too small on it (I think it'll look better with S25B).

I also managed to fix the MT's HS large forehead (I think lol!), Inspired by you Randam.

I am gonna stop here.
Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 20220615-092920

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks really great.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This looks even better, Revanitez, well done!

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Looks good! Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 1f44d Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 1f44d Towards a definitive Huttslayer Leia (updated with Part V) - Page 5 1f44d

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum