OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Visisonor-induced visions

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

176Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:11 pm

Visisonor

S22A. The one which is the most similar to T01A - though it's rather the other way around, I know Smile

177Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:43 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:S22A. The one which is the most similar to T01A - though it's rather the other way around, I know Smile
Thanks for figuring it out.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

178Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:58 am

Valiarde

I think the idea to have the same charakter in two sizes is pretty cool.

Thanks for showing

Are you going deeper into 1/6 or just that?

179Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:06 am

Visisonor

Valiarde wrote:the idea to have the same charakter in two sizes is pretty cool
Thanks. I don't, strictly speaking, need to have her in two sizes. And I wouldn't even do it if the 1/12 scale body had upper arm articulation. But with the ways things are, I wanted to give larger body a try.

Valiarde wrote:Are you going deeper into 1/6 or just that?
I don't intend to get deeper, but I also plan to have a representation of one of the sisters (Villa or Vera; well, one figure can represent both of them) featured in the Diary.

180Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:00 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, once you go down the rabbit hole, you might find yourself addicted to sixth scale. Smile But it sounds like a plan (Villa/Vera).

181Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:46 am

Diana

Diana
She looks great! (of course. Smile )

That sporting set looks great! I don't think it's the one you pointed out though, since those were not announced in black and had very visible pockets at the front of both upper legs. But thexy look great and I want a set myself now! Very Happy 

Looking forward to seeing what you do with her and future friends. Smile

182Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:40 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Diana wrote:She looks great! (of course. Smile )
Thanks!

Diana wrote:I don't think it's the one you pointed out though
The product code matches - I have them in black and white:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Img_2011

Neither has pockets on the front, I thought it was just difference between prototype and production versions.

And ebay/ali listings usually show 5 color options:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Sf36689d710b7421b84fbac8e37017d59T.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_

I couldn't put the jacket on. Too tight, it probably requires hours of meticulous work. But I wasn't too interested in it anyway, it's the weirdest piece of clothing I've seen, in any scale Smile

Diana wrote:But thexy look great
Now that's a Freudian slip Wink

183Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:33 pm

Diana

Diana
Visisonor wrote:
Diana wrote:I don't think it's the one you pointed out though
The product code matches - I have them in black and white:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Img_2011

Neither has pockets on the front, I thought it was just difference between prototype and production versions.

And ebay/ali listings usually show 5 color options:
(IMG)

Diana wrote:But thexy look great
Now that's a Freudian slip Wink

Bwahahaha! For the record: The y sists next to the x on my keyboard, but that's funny. Laughing 

And weird, that they would have the same product code despite the obvious difference. But ok! Aside from the versatile black and white, I really like the green version!

184Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:02 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Nice Avatar, Visisonor Smile

185Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:16 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks, Valiarde.

186Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:41 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Haven't posted here since the sixth scale figures started to show up, but my 1/12 scale collection is still my main focus.
Plus I don't feel like starting a dedicated thread at the release time (as opposed to announcement time).
So here is Mafex T800 endoskeleton.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7220
(ta-da-daaa - ta-da-DAAA)

I know there has been a Great Twins endoskeleton figure, but I was too late to that party (I have their Arnie, however). So I've been wanting a detailed 1/12 scale Terminator for quite some time. And Mafex fits the "detailed" and "1/12 scale" descriptions.

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7222

Unfortunately its articulation leaves a lot to be desired (to be fair, I don't know how good was articulation of the Great Twins release). It seems quite over-engineered in some places and under-engineered in others, however unlikely this may sound. For example there are working pistons which extend/retract with torso and thigh movements. But thigh pistons tend to bend when the legs rotate forward and come out of their casings when the legs rotate backward. Walking poses is pretty much all the legs can do.
Elbows bend to 90 degrees (they bend backwards too). Knees are slightly better
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7221

And if that wasn't bad enough, it is also quite fragile. One ankle joint broke when I first placed him on the table. I was able to fix it with superglue without sacrificing articulation in that area - but there was not much to sacrifice, the ankle rocker is almost non-existent.

Scale-wise, though, this T800 is a perfect match for the Great Twins one:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7223

Same size as another Cyborg from Mafex (though I didn't check how tall is DCEU Cyborg supposed to be):
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7224
You are not from series 800...

I didn't compare him to Mezco figures today, he may be a bit small for them. But overall he is reasonably tall:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7225
- Instantly recognizable! Humans love this franchise, the second film is a cult classic!
- Um... I still do not think human agents will get the right impression if this thing shows up to rescue them...

But with other lines he fits quite well:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7228 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7226 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7227
Neo is forced to fight against machines in an unfamiliar way

So overall, I can't help but feel disappointed. Wanted to get two of them, as they are natural army builders, but now I'm glad I didn't. Of course T800 is not supposed to do acrobatic tricks, but I hoped for something more dynamic than this.
Still the figure looks great, so at least in that aspect it's a win.

187Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:04 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks great, but I'm sorry he was not satisfactory. One would have thought they would have managed better robotic articulation, but on the other hand, that can be bad even in sixth scale, based on some Star Wars ones I have seen (I have no Terminator figures to compare that are not "human").

188Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:14 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Such a shame he was a disappointment, I must say though, the way you photographed him, makes him look really cool!

189Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:32 am

Diana

Diana
Bugger. Shame he disappoints in the way he does, but he does look really good! For some reason I imagined him being working as a bar tender in your robot community... Don't mess with that one! He don't need no bouncer. He'll take the trash out all by himself. Laughing

190Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:29 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks!

Hm, the bartender is a cool idea, I need to try it Smile
Maybe I'll get that restaurant diorama eventually, or just bash something from whatever I find.

191Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:25 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Some progress with my kitbashed Catwoman (demonstrating how slow I can be, heh).

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7317
Talking to herself

This is JoyToy body and boots with 3rd-party bodysuit and Mezco head and accessories.
This body is much better articulated: Mezco female bodies are awful, especially older ones. They certainly can't do this:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7319

Still, Mezco manages to get great looks from their figures, which is why I have quite a few of them.

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7318
DC ladies

Ideally I should have replaced the body and used the original suit. But I don't think I can do it without damaging the suit, so this will do for now, something like year one Catwoman, or maybe year two, when she got herself some gear but still uses the basic suit. I may yet do something with boots - maybe paint them all black or replace with something else.

And speaking of gear, her backpack works without modifications, but the belt was too small, this body is more curvaceous. So I had to extend it with jump rings:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7320

In action:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7321
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7322

Some more size comparisons:

With VeryCool bared midriff club:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7325

TBLeague:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7323

Kate and Kate (just because the original Catch Me figure is also a feline female, so it's fair to say Kate inherited something of that):
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7324

Anyway, while they are not far off from each other scale-wise, Mezco figures have different proportions and skin tones, so they work better with each other than with other lines.

192Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:21 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Really nice figure, grat pics and positioning. I really like the sculpt you've used for Catwoman Very Happy

193Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:28 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I see you haven't been ignoring the little ones. She's coming along nicely.

194Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:33 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
BAMComix wrote:Really nice figure, great pics and positioning. I really like the sculpt you've used for Catwoman  Very Happy
Thanks!
The sculpt is a stock unmasked Mezco head. I like it too, enough to get a second one parted out.

GubernatorFan wrote:I see you haven't been ignoring the little ones. She's coming along nicely.
Of course, 1/12 is invaluable for my stories, and I'm sticking to it for all popular media characters simply because I have so many of them.
Thanks, glad you like her.

195Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:44 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Continuing with Mezco DC theme, I've received a long-anticipated Recovery Suit Superman.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7510

My impression is somewhat mixed.
By itself the figure looks great and allows for a variety of looks. In addition to the classic post-resurrection "mane of steel" shown above, my favourite is the head with beard and mullet, even if it doesn't match his canonical look:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7511

It is also loaded with accessories:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7518
(alien Kryptonian ergonomics)

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7519
(I'd rather hold it like this)

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7520

But unfortunately his costume is known to suffer from ripping if he raises arms up, which means flight poses are pretty much out of question.
Except for Iron Man style poses, of course:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7521

And this shiny pleather can eventually deteriorate, but that is not confirmed.

The other issue is his short and stocky build (which he shares with Man Of Steel Edition figure), evident when compared to other Superman figures:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7512

Yet another thing I don't like is, though minor, is a neck joint arrangement. Also shared with Man of Steel Edition, this arrangement involves the dumbbell which stays in the head, as opposed to in the neck. It was done to accommodate the LED and battery in the laser eyes head (which, alas, is not included with the Recovery Suit figure), and it is better than LED in the neck of earlier figures, but it almost introduces a third type of neckjoint, incompatible with the other two. Almost!
Thankfully, the dumbbell can be removed from the head - without any irreversible damage - bringing the compatibility on par with the usual "it may work" level.
So this headswap with Cristopher Reeve head is easily achievable (I maintain that Mezco Reeve Superman is a better classic Superman than their dedicated classic Superman):
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7513

And the reverse is doable, though it is loose (and hair get in the way somewhat):
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7514
I want Nicholas Cage to portray me, or else...

BMS Steel Justice body uses a smaller dumbbell, so something to fill the socket is needed (obviously it's not Mezco's fault this time)
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7515
Theatrical release of Justice League before digital barbershop postprocessing

So in the end it is not ideal, but not a disapointemt either. Inability to raise arms limits fun factor somewhat, but it's still quite high.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7516

And with this many Superman figures and headswaps, possibilities are limited only by the rules of combinatorics.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7517

196Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice addition to your collection. I like the long-haired + bearded look.

197Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:07 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Cool figures of the man of steel!

198Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:21 am

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
Nice pics!
I like the black versions with long hair and beard.

Great hommage to the Beatles. ;-)

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Banner_andreas_haak11

199Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:34 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan wrote:I like the long-haired + bearded look.
It seems that Mez likes it too since two expressions for it are included (with only one for unbearded head, which draws criticism). But yeah, I like it too.

BAMComix wrote:Cool figures of the man of steel!
I need to finish the custom one, with bulky cape on the last photo - the cape currently being its most problematic component. And the Cristopher Reeve head is not a perfect match for the body.  

Darth_Hogge wrote:Great hommage to the Beatles. ;-)
Thanks. Glad you noticed the Abbey Road reference Smile

200Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:55 am

Diana

Diana
He looks great! I like your entire collection! Makes me rethink my "only one figure per character" rule. Smile

201Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:23 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Diana wrote:I like your entire collection!
Thanks!

I tried to follow that rule for non-StarWars characters for some time. It's really hard with 1/12 scale, for both objective and subjective reasons.

I consider size inconsistency an objective reason: some figures follow "true 1/12", others are larger (i.e. Mezco), yet others can be anywhere in between. So if I have an end all be all figure of an iconic hero and the corresponding figure of an iconic villain, I can even ignore them being from different media (cinematic version of one, comic version for the other)... But it's much worse if they don't scale with each other.

Then there are subjective things, where I just can't ignore a particularly well made figure. For Superman, as an example, I intended to have a "modern" (New 52/Rebirth) rendition of the suit. But when Mezco announced their 1978 edition, I couldn't resist it - hey, it's Christopher Reeve!

The line also gets blurry with different variants/outfits. Are Batman and Bruce Wayne the same character to be represented by just one figure? What about Peter Parker and Miles Morales? Smile

202Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:43 pm

Diana

Diana
Haha! I feel you! Laughing

I actually have my third Daredevil on the way. The first was perfect. Street level early days Netflix Daredevil. Then came a better one, not overly expensive and for the first time I thought maybe I'll combine the two and then he'll be perfect! Because he wasn't yet. And THEN came the big appearance on She-Hulk, which I loved and celebrated, so of COURSE I had to jumpt at the opportunity to get a Hot Toys Daredevil, even if he was mustard yellow...

And should there ever be a not too bulky iconic red suit Daredevil, ideally seamless, I'll be getting that one, too. What a Face

203Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:24 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
It's been some time since I've acquired the FG078C (black hair) head by Fire Girl Toys, so I don't remember all the details, but I believe it was the last one in stock, and the only hair color available. But I also wanted a brown one, FG078A, and I found a preorder for it. Now it has arrived (along with Superman, actually):
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7524
(Kate lent her her training outfit for this photo)

Of course, it is the same face as the C, with different hair (style and color).
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7523

At least in theory - on some photos skintone difference compared to pale TBL body is greater than I expected. But this can be due to lighting.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7525

Unfortunately my sample has an imperfection on the lip (didn't notice it until I've taken photos, but it's there, and I can't unsee it now).
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7522

Can this be handwaved as a scar?
This also raises a question of a possible role the new girl can play. I didn't envision her as an action girl at the time of preorder, especially with hair this long, but this was also true for FG078C, and yet she ended up as Tomoko, one of the agents in Incompatible Perceptions.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Cnr_7526

But I've already played the "twins" card in my setting, and even though I have an in-story explanation for overabundance of "twins", it may still be an overuse, so I don't want to rely on it too much.

On the other hand, I don't have to set all my stories in one setting, so maybe it's better to come up with something completely unrelated.

204Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 8 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:01 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks good. And the blemish seems to be nothing that a little "lipstick" won't fix. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum