OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Visisonor-induced visions

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

2Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:12 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Some fun with Trashcan figures by ToyNotch

- "Have you seen my new bodyguards?"
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4415

- "Have you seen mine?"
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4416
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4417

Bonus shots:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4418 Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_3943

3Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:28 am

Diana

Diana
Nice! Looking forward to more visions of yours! Very Happy

4Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:51 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I love the backdrop for these scenes. Makes it look so real like out of a little movie. Your figures fit together very well

5Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:45 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool. I like the backdrop modules as well; that’s where 1/12 has the advantage — so many more diorama options that require a lot less room to build.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Visisonor-induced visions  C8485110

6Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:52 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These look like a lot of fun.

7Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:09 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks, everyone!

These dioramas really make a difference, and cardboard ones are relatively compact (plastic building from Neca - not so much, but it's more detailed too).
3.75 inch collectors (classic Star Wars size, now represented as The Vintage Collection) have it even better, with wider selection of vehicles and scenes. Much fewer cloth or seamless figures though.

8Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:37 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
I've been trying whatever I can to hide remaining visible joints - wrists and ankles - on 1/12 TBLeague figures.
The most obvious solution is to have clothes covering these parts:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4420
But I don't want to cover the rest of the seamless body (and this outfit is reserved for VeryCool figures).

The next obvious idea is to use bracelets. Packaged cloth and plastic coverings fall into this category (though I'm not sure they can be called bracelets) but in my experience they are quite fiddly to use.
So I started scouring eBay and found these:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4421
(shown here with long sleeves again but bear with me)

Ankles are not an issue if so called "ankle boots" are used (pretty much a boot that fits on the ankle joint):
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4422

However, I've also inevitably encountered shoes that fit on the actual TBL feet (which is crazy, if you ask me, but it's real):
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4423
This seam needs to be covered! The bracelets from above work like anklets too. Well, kind of.
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4425 Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4424

Clearly they are too small. I couldn't find dedicated anklets at this scale but I was able to 3D-print my own:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4427 Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4426
Missing the train:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4428

I didn't try painting them shiny but for these shoes I don't need to, they look close enough to some kind of strap.
Can be used without shoes too:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4429 Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4430
Though this way they probably look more like shackles
possibly NSFW:

Now I need to find more clothes like this - something which is not a bikini but doesn't cover most of the body...

9Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:11 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice finds and presentation. I'm still reluctant to invest much in this scale, because while some things are abundant (dollhouse items, for example), others are not, and of course not as detailed as sixth scale, usually. But this is pretty great.

10Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:52 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Love it!

11Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:43 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
You've got some really nice backgrounds. Did you make them yourselves?

12Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:08 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks.
Backgrounds are from https://extreme-sets.com (I have two and plan to get more).

13Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:56 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Older photo, and a step aside from seamless bodies (I'm fine with visible joints on armored characters):
For the Emperor!
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_2310

McFarlane figures are not really in scale with 1/12 stuff, they are "7 inch scale". However, I find that for Space Marines this height works. They are supposed to be huge after all.

I've grabbed more of them since then. Weirdly, if the Blood Angels Hellblaster from the photo above was all red, I'd probably settle on him alone. But since the Ultramarines Intercessor came with red helmet:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_3630

I've bought this one too, and swapped their heads:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_3631

And finally, another Intercessor, from Dark Angels legion, joined the crew:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4346

...to complete the Warhammer 40k RGB squad. For now, that is.
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4347

14Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:07 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, we often forget how many cool figures are not really designed along our usual sixth or twelfth scales.

15Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:26 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
I blame thank Diana for this recent acquisition - Fire Girl Toys Anna (FG076C, chestnut hair):
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4643

Isn't "chestnut" just a fancy name for "brown"? Though there is a version with brown hair, FG076B, but C was cheaper.
The body here is T03A, a bit newer and less sporty body with larger neck joint.
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4644 Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4645

Out of the box, however, this head did not fit any of the bodies I have - neither T01 nor VeryCool. I had to resort to drilling to make it wider. And even so, it was too high:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4646

So I had to drill not just wider but also deeper:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4647 Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4648

I think it's better now. But that's as far as I can get, drilling further would damage the hair.
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4650

Anyway, the head is beautiful. Hair is longer than any of my headsculpts, and really thick, and occupies more space than the figure itself, kind of like halo, if that makes sense.
Now she needs a name. Anna is an obvious choice but my sleeping mind suggests Emily. Need to think about it more.

Possibly NSFW:

16Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's a very nice acquisition. And yes, I feel the same way about chestnut -- a sort of rich reddish brown. I don't think the last photo is particularly scandalous, but it just has little to do with showing off the head. Smile

17Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:14 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice sculpt!

18Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:45 am

Diana

Diana
Haha! I'll happily take the blame thanks. Smile

She is beautiful. Yeah, chestnut is a warm reddish brown.

And TBL have made two peg sizes so far. Anna will only fit the athletic T01A body without modification. At least it fits on my T01B, though I think it was quite the push.

19Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:18 am

Illusion

Illusion
a truely magnificent sculpt

20Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:45 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
"Your package said 'Catch Me', this is what I did - why are you complaining?"Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_3432

Another older photo - taken before she assumed her current look, and before her story actually started to take shape in my head. So it's kind of like an early draft.

Bonus shot:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_3433

21Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:54 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully done, as always.

22Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:09 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great shot!

23Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:56 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Revisiting the subject of hiding remaining joints on seamless figures. I've stumbled upon the so called open jump rings in a fabric/tailoring store. And they make for pretty much perfect bracelets/anklets for 1/12 scale TBL figures. Not sure if closed jump rings exist, but the metal can be easily adjusted to close them.
They come in various sizes, I found that 6mm rings work as bracelets and 7mm ones as anklets.
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4540 Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4538

Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4545

They are available in different colors. The bracelets here are blackish, earlier post with Fire Girl Toys head features standard silver bracelets.

Multiple rings can be used at once:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4541 Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4542

Or like this:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4543

I don't know what's the best part though, this composability or the price. A bag with 50 rings costs a few bucks. Package with assorted sizes with hundreds of them is around $20. I feel stupid for paying eBay prices for the bracelets I've shown earlier - yes, they look different, but jump rings are good enough for me.
I've also got these mini chains intended as bracelets but somewhat large even for anklets, but at least they look different so it's somewhat justified:
Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_4544
But these were ordered before I've learned about jump rings.

24Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:15 pm

Illusion

Illusion
Visisonor wrote:"Your package said 'Catch Me', this is what I did - why are you complaining?"Visisonor-induced visions  Cnr_3432

Laughing Hilarious!

cool idea with the ankle and wrist rings for 1:12 figures...

25Visisonor-induced visions  Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:58 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
The rings are a great find.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum