OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Visisonor-induced visions

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

26Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:09 am

BAMComix

Great shot!

27Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:56 pm

Visisonor

Revisiting the subject of hiding remaining joints on seamless figures. I've stumbled upon the so called open jump rings in a fabric/tailoring store. And they make for pretty much perfect bracelets/anklets for 1/12 scale TBL figures. Not sure if closed jump rings exist, but the metal can be easily adjusted to close them.
They come in various sizes, I found that 6mm rings work as bracelets and 7mm ones as anklets.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4540 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4538

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4545

They are available in different colors. The bracelets here are blackish, earlier post with Fire Girl Toys head features standard silver bracelets.

Multiple rings can be used at once:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4541 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4542

Or like this:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4543

I don't know what's the best part though, this composability or the price. A bag with 50 rings costs a few bucks. Package with assorted sizes with hundreds of them is around $20. I feel stupid for paying eBay prices for the bracelets I've shown earlier - yes, they look different, but jump rings are good enough for me.
I've also got these mini chains intended as bracelets but somewhat large even for anklets, but at least they look different so it's somewhat justified:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4544
But these were ordered before I've learned about jump rings.

28Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:15 pm

Illusion

Visisonor wrote:"Your package said 'Catch Me', this is what I did - why are you complaining?"Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_3432

Laughing Hilarious!

cool idea with the ankle and wrist rings for 1:12 figures...

29Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:58 pm

TravelGuide

The rings are a great find.

30Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:57 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Hey, thanks!

Here is something I wanted to try in a long while. What if Kate comes back home after her missions and changes into something more casual?
Thus was born the idea of Kasual Kate (using Kerbal, KDE, or Mortal Kombat spelling).

The selection of good 1/12 scale clothes is still not ideal, but there are some options. First I've turned to the trusty long sleeve set I've shown few times here and there, but now in white:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4833

Then I've tried to recreate the catsuit using another outfit, with somewhat mixed results:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4910 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4911

Apparently both pieces on the waist end up too thick, though I thought it looked better in hand:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4914 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4913 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4912

Maybe it'll look better with a belt and holster but I didn't try it yet, afraid of staining the body, even though I've done one iteration of Stryker's instructions.

The last for now was a white version of the same outfit:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4915 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4916
Which, in my opinion, looks worse - more bulging and at the same time more transparent than black.
But it gives an ying-yang flavor to the mirror shot (don't have white ankle boots yet):
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4917

Oh, and as you might have noticed, now there are two of them. I thought that since I have a gazillion figures of Darth Vader and probably more of Batman, I can get away with another version of my own character.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4835

The kasual version is another SDMINI001 head on a T01A (pale) body. Which differs quite a bit in skin tone from the same T01A from 2019:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4836

31Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:08 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice!

32Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:19 am

Diana

Diana
Thank you for sharing your experiments! I really like that long sleeve. Really need to get that. And I also really want that head, so thank you for sharing the model number, too. Smile

Have you ever tried putting the original Catch Me suit on a TBL?
I always intended to do exactly that, but then I kinda like the aesthetic of the very slim original body, even if it is jointed, so it wasn't worth the risk...

33Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:23 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Diana wrote:Have you ever tried putting the original Catch Me suit on a TBL?
No, this requires sewing skills which I completely lack.
One observation: the crop top of that set, when put on a VeryCool jointed body, does not completely cover the arms; perhaps the shoulders are wider. So doing the reverse will probably result in longer sleeves.

34Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:54 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Visisonor wrote:
Diana wrote:Have you ever tried putting the original Catch Me suit on a TBL?
No, this requires sewing skills which I completely lack.
One observation: the crop top of that set, when put on a VeryCool jointed body, does not completely cover the arms; perhaps the shoulders are wider. So doing the reverse will probably result in longer sleeves.

I have the 1/6 version on a phicen S21b, it fits really well Very Happy

35Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Casual sounds fun, but you might lose that effect if you put the same boots on her. Or maybe I misunderstood. Anyway, the white outfits can almost be sleepwear or comfy sports wear to lounge around in.

36Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:01 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan wrote:Casual sounds fun, but you might lose that effect if you put the same boots on her.
The boots are different actually.
You are right however, I've mixed up two concepts in one post. The look in boots and black suit is not casual, it's an attempt on "agent" outfit with TBL body.

37Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:37 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Leliana discovers her secret identity ancestry.
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4927 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4928

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4929 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4930

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4932 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4931 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4933

38Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:56 am

Diana

Diana
Oooooh, niiiiice with the Spartans in the background. Beautiful sequence of a tender moment. Very Happy

39Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:50 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice to see how much you can do in that scale. Love the little stool. Nice posing, as always.

40Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:01 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great shots!

41Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:21 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks!

Diana wrote:with the Spartans in the background
Imperial Guardians Smile
(this is the D head after all)

42Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:18 am

Diana

Diana
Visisonor wrote:Thanks!

Diana wrote:with the Spartans in the background
Imperial Guardians Smile
(this is the D head after all)

Is what I meant. What a Face

It's a really nice head. Almost regretting not getting it, but the other four I did get are perfect. Wink

43Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:24 am

Willmatron

Great thread. I'm glad you provided the link to the backgrounds. I'm also happy to see someone else putting together figures from other lines.

I have a few of the 1/12 tbleague figures as well, but only one out.

I realized that for motorcycles some Transformers would work for this scale. I have a picture if you are interested.

44Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:09 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Willmatron wrote:I realized that for motorcycles some Transformers would work for this scale. I have a picture if you are interested.
Sure, that sounds like a neat idea, I haven't thought of that.

I guess I can dedicate an out-of-order post to motorcycles. I've been eyeing Maisto for some time and upon seeing them in person this summer decided to grab one.
I think it works quite well for Mezco scale; better than some examples in 1:6 scale:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4210 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4348

There is also Aoshima with great selection of bikes (some of which are model kits).
They work better for smaller end of 1:12 scale spectrum (did I mention that it is annoying to have pretty much two distinct subscales?)

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4719 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4720

And on a more general subject of transport for 1/12 scale figures, I've recently received this...
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4944 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_4945

45Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is a collection of neat wheels.

46Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:07 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
cool vehicles!

47Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:50 am

Willmatron

What I like about the 1/12 figures is they scale to some of the other figures I've collected.

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Img_2022

I have a second picture with newer clothes and interaction with other figures.

48Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:21 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Synthetic humans unbox the new addition to the robot faction:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5112

Transformation sequence:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5113 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5111 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5114

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5117 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5116 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5115

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5118 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5120 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5119

Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5121 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5122 Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5123

Tada!
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5124

Robox figure by 1000Toys.

49Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely done. And nice addition to your gang. Was it a Christmas gift?

50Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:07 am

Diana

Diana
Ooh! Nice, how the color seems to match the synthetic green somewhat. "He" sure looks like "he" belongs.

New backdrop? How is it so purple in these shots? The purple is of course a wonderful contrast to the green, so good choice!

51Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:01 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks!

GubernatorFan wrote:Was it a Christmas gift?
If gifts from myself to myself count...

Diana wrote:New backdrop? How is it so purple in these shots?
Yes, it's Deluxe Headquarters, another diorama by Extreme Sets.

52Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:30 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They totally count!

53Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:50 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
When I first envisioned Kate's room scene in my photo story, I saw it roughly like this:
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5128

So as I started working on the story, I ordered this Modern furniture pack by Extreme Sets, along with some other stuff (all of which was listed as in stock). But when time to post this scene came up, the order has not been shipped. So I had to improvise with 3D-printed chair and makeshift table. Perhaps it ended up even better.

Three months after it was placed, this order was actually shipped. Too late for intended purpose but at least I could do some alt takes (and holiday photo as well):
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5127
Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Cnr_5126

54Visisonor-induced visions  - Page 2 Empty Re: Visisonor-induced visions Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:30 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
That's a nice room she's got Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum