OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Diary of a field agent (chapter 14 - The Finale)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
A very philosophical conclusion. Neat effects for the dizziness, even if it was essentially a conversation. And the story certainly lends itself even to a straightforward sequel continuation.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

londonroadhog

I'll say it again... I loved it..

Presenting a diary, exactly how it would have been written in the 1st person, is just great. As a lead in to potentially another story is also a brilliant idea.

I still think what you've been able to do with the 1/12 scale figures is great too. Unless you knew they were 1/12, I don't think anyone would have known they weren't 1/6 scale. I have found the 1/12 Phicen/TBLeague figures are a little less moveable compared to their 1/6 relatives. But I still like them, and it means dioramas can be so much smaller and take up less room. Says he in the process of building a 1/6 diorama at the moment (although, it is something that could also be used in 1/12 scale - YAY!).

Please keep up the story writing. I know you are going to take a break, and that makes a lot of sense. I will say, that your style has given me some ideas on my stories, that might mean they change format, or not, I might leave that to some in-progress stories instead.

I look forward to your next adventure, whether it is a continuation, of something new.

Also, love the idea of an album to go with it, I just couldn't open the first two songs... No worry thought.

davidd

Great posing, lighting, and sets!

As LRH notes, you've done such fine work with the "little figures" that it is difficult to tell they are not 1/6-scale.

Is the "dizzy" photo done with digital effects, or did you use a Lensbaby type lens to create the image?

Visisonor

Thanks!

GubernatorFan wrote:Neat effects for the dizziness
davidd wrote:Is the "dizzy" photo done with digital effects, or did you use a Lensbaby type lens to create the image?
Digital, it's just circular motion blur filter (same as in chapter 6).

GubernatorFan wrote:A very philosophical conclusion
I'd say it was intended to provoke thoughts, so perhaps it worked Smile

londonroadhog wrote:I have found the 1/12 Phicen/TBLeague figures are a little less moveable compared to their 1/6 relatives.
True, and this is why TBLeague bodies were only featured 3 times in the story (Villa in hospital bed, the nurse from the same scene in chapter 3 and Kate waking up in chapter 12).
Main female cast are all based on VeryCool figures (Catch Me, Villa, CGG). They have better articulation (except for ab crunch) but aren't seamless so they need to be covered. Which I don't mind for this story, they'd be all covered anyway for the sake of realism (Linda's outfit is slightly more revealing but she is... somewhat unhinged).

londonroadhog wrote:I just couldn't open the first two songs
That's me mis-copying URLs, plus maybe youtube not being helpful, some videos are not embeddable. I'll add direct links.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Not sure how I managed to miss this? really great story and set ups!

Visisonor

Visisonor
BAMComix wrote:really great story and set ups!
Thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum