OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 40]

301Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:19 pm

TravelGuide

Melancholia wrote:My latest, and useless item.  I wanted another small body to fit into fashion doll clothes so I bought an S37a because it was $15.00 cheaper than the other options.  What a useless figure, it's tiny, even smaller than the S24.  Too small even for Barbie clothes.  So my attempt to save a few bucks ended up costing me, because I don't have much use for this body.  I can only put her in particular clothing, so very limited.  Well, moving on...

I think she looks great in this.

Most of you will have seen my latest purchase.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Img_6420

If not,there are more pics of her in the Mogehan thread.

302Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:25 am

Diana

That Indiana Jones sculpt looks great! Beautiful photograph, too!

I'm still not a fan of Mohegan, but those outdoor pictures of her really are beautiful. I really would have liked to get that bow. ^^

303Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:46 pm

Melancholia

Also check out my old thread that I started (though I need to update it soon) with headsculpts that are small enough for s25/s24 and also for some of the s26/s27:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3873-headsculpts-for-petite-tbleague-bodies-s24a-s25b-and-s26a-s27b-continually-updated[/quote]

Oh, I have studied that thread many times and found some great options on it. All my small bodies are pale skin which makes it a little more challenging, but I have a decent collection of petite headsculpts. It's mind-boggling the options I have for clothing now that I can explore the fashion doll clothing choices. Clothing for Phicen is extremely limited and I get tired of seeing the same options over and over again, as I am interested in the fashion aspect more than the action/fantasy genre, which is strange considering what a frustrating struggle it is to dress a Phicen. But I don't exactly enjoy the fake plastic bodies and the goofy smiles on Barbie. She looks a bit touched in the head, lol...

304Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:02 pm

skywalkersaga

Melancholia wrote:
Oh, I have studied that thread many times and found some great options on it.  All my small bodies are pale skin which makes it a little more challenging, but I have a decent collection of petite headsculpts.  It's mind-boggling the options I have for clothing now that I can explore the fashion doll clothing choices.  Clothing for Phicen is extremely limited and I get tired of seeing the same options over and over again, as I am interested in the fashion aspect more than the action/fantasy genre, which is strange considering what a frustrating struggle it is to dress a Phicen.  But I don't exactly enjoy the fake plastic bodies and the goofy smiles on Barbie.  She looks a bit touched in the head, lol...

Oh good, glad the thread was somewhat helpful. I realise the options for pale aren't as numerous, I sometimes forget that since I repaint most heads anyway. Embarassed

There's nothing wrong with being interested in the fashion side of things, I totally get it. There are plenty of others here that also enjoy doll fashion (see: Illusion's thread with her gorgeous fashion dolls).  I'm still currently enmeshed in my years-long custom Star Wars project, but once I complete that, I hope to be able to have some fun playing around with more original figures. I actually began collecting some 1/6 clothing and accessories for that back in 2020 as I was bored during the pandemic, but I quickly realised I couldn't afford to work on two big projects at once, so I had to set that aside and refocus back on my Star Wars WIPs. Razz

I agree about the clothing options for 1/6 scale on places like ebay, those get boring fast, not in the least because I find most of the clothing made specifically for tbleague figures to be either not very appealing or well-made, not like something a real woman would wear, or not fitting into my personal aesthetic preferences.

And sure, Barbies have their place I guess, but even if you repaint them and give them nice wigs, they still have those insanely tiny feet which I've always thought looked ridiculous.  Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 1f605

305Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:17 pm

Ovy

Ovy
In Stryker's Western thread there was mention of donkeys and how Mr Z. should make one. I recently got this one, it's not Mr Z. but I like it, look at the cute eyes!
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-225941

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-230046

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-230143

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-230318

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-230441

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-225333

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-225431

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-225518

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-225650

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-225810

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-225852

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-225109

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-225208

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 PSX-20221115-230218

306Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is pretty awesome, Ovy, where did you get it? I enjoyed the photos with the horse, and other animal and human companions.

307Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:46 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s pretty cool. I’m curious where that came from as well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 C8485110

308Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:03 am

Ovy

Ovy
I was under the impression it's some kind of well known classic.

Got mine on machinegun. Other shops have him listed but out of stock  There is a brown and black version.
https://www.machinegun.fr/ane-noir-p-35276

309Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:06 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the info, Ovy. So hard to find one!

310Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:39 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's a really cute donkey, Ovy. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

311Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:00 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic Ovy!

312Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:19 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I recently ordered another of the Super Duck Jill Valentine heads (SDH025-A) from a reliable eBay seller. Interestingly, the price was around 30$ -- which means significantly lower than the regular street price for this head.

I received this head:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 52502776437_01101256dc_kCJ3A6886 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 52502778817_39ce4e08e6_kCJ3A6891 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Note that the head was delivered in a cardboard box, while Super Duck shipped the original series in a hardplastic container. Likely, this is a relatively well-made clone, though the paintwork of the eyes is clearly inferior to the SD original (shown on the left):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 52503818608_567798c8a7_kCJ3A6878 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

While the quality of the clone head is worth the 30 bucks, please be careful, when trying to get the original at a higher price point. You might end up with the cheaper clone ... especially when buying at eBay.

313Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:27 pm

Diana

Diana
Awww, that donkey is adorable!! And the red head next to him is gorgeous, too! I don't remember seeing her before...

And that Jill head is definitely worth those 30 bucks. Thanks for the warning though, as the paint job is indeed noticeably inferior, mainly for eyes and brows. But it makes her look a little more determined, less soft, which I like!

314Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:41 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice Ralf!

315Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:00 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That donkey is cool. And around $83 USD isn’t bad, but I fear what the shipping cost would be from France.

316Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:18 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Re Jill: Interesting. The clone does not look half bad.

317Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:18 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:That donkey is cool. And around $83 USD isn’t bad, but I fear what the shipping cost would be from France.
I ordered one. Tried not to look at the price.

318Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:15 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:That donkey is cool. And around $83 USD isn’t bad, but I fear what the shipping cost would be from France.
I ordered one. Tried not to look at the price.

I blame you and Ovy. I ordered one as well. Sara needs her “mule”.

319Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:18 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aww, yay, donkeys all around. Very Happy

And the KO Super Duck head oddly has a better likeness to the character than the original, imo.

320Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:38 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, you guys are priceless! Have fun with your two mules donkeys! Happy to be of service.
Damn Americans stealing our beautiful French donkeys...

Interesting review of the Superduck Clone, they even painted a similar complexion/texture to the skin.

321Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Haha, you guys are priceless! Have fun with your two mules  donkeys! Happy to be of service.
Damn Americans stealing our beautiful French donkeys...
LOL Machinegun should give you a commission!

322Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:49 am

Melancholia

I've noticed, in speaking of affordable head sculpts, that some of my least expensive heads are the most beautiful, particularly the Emma Elf Queen by Lucifer knock-off I bought for $16.00 US. As for the equine conversation, it's a depressing thought for me as I'm still waiting for my Lucifer Big White Horse which was slated to be released at the end of 2021 and since I have had it on backorder since then, I have heard absolutely nothing from the hobby shop and I'm getting very frustrated at this point...Arrrgghhh! But that donkey is pretty darn adorable.

323Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:19 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Melancholia, you could always purchase one of the Mr. Z horses that is still available and cancel the other preorder. Or find another site where it's available (if there is one?) and then cancel the one that is taking too long. I tend to get nervous if a PO doesn't arrive soon enough because I know certain stock doesn't last forever. Not to cause you further worry, but just saying that there's nothing wrong with changing/cancelling an order for peace of mind.

324Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:02 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
My latest (sorry no pics, my iMac is in the shop; which is why I’m grateful to Ian and Diana for helping with all the New Product threads — trying to do those on an iPad is a pain):

Hot Toys Swoop Bike (The Mandalorian)
Mars Toys (can’t remember it’s real title) Nicholson Joker
Hot Toys Black Widow (black suit version) as seen above in UKShaun’s post
and a desk and chair for the Sheriff’s office.

325Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:46 pm

Melancholia

skywalkersaga wrote:Melancholia, you could always purchase one of the Mr. Z horses that is still available and cancel the other preorder. Or find another site where it's available (if there is one?) and then cancel the one that is taking too long. I tend to get nervous if a PO doesn't arrive soon enough because I know certain stock doesn't last forever. Not to cause you further worry, but just saying that there's nothing wrong with changing/cancelling an order for peace of mind.

Oh, I'm still pretty new to how the 1/6 world works, but if I could cancel this horse I could try to find the unicorn version which I would love! The search is on! I figured all the stores would be releasing it at the same time so I never thought of looking elsewhere. I do have my heart set on the Lucifer horse which is very fantasy like with it's long wavy mane and tale. Thanks for the advice. Do you think they possibly ran out of them even after I pre-ordered it? Do the toy stores do that? That would be shady... The site says it's due 4th quarter of 2022, but I frankly don't trust that's true...

326Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:52 pm

m76

m76
Crappy mobile phone image time, because I'm too lazy to turn on some lights and use a camera.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 0010

Oktoberfest girl with grape basket. Head sculpt is GACTOYS GC047B.

Jyn Erso head was one of my early purchases, it is from aliexpress and unbranded, but pretty high quality.  Only the Bike is new.

Also included a wedge so she doesn't go and ride off the shelf lol!

http://madblog.shacknet.us

327Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Smart thinking, with that wedge. Jyn looks great on that bike, and up to trouble, no doubt. Octoberfest girl looks very nice, although the head and body don't match. Maybe a recoloring is in the works? Or a swap? Smile

328Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:02 pm

m76

m76
The color never matches perfectly, IDK why don't they make heads that match the color of available bodies.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

329Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:59 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, today I finally bit the bullet and pre-ordered the Hot Toys Attack of the Clones R2-D2. I've spent ages agonising over it, thinking I might just get a cheap(er) 1/6 version of him, but in the end I just HAD to have those rockets so he could 'fly'.  Your Latest Purchase... - Page 13 1f605

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum