OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 40]

626Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:29 am

valentin

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 16803510
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 16803511
Bought.... a literature instead of a figure... and in these digital times, it's indeed a rarer treasure.

627Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:17 am

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Nice grab, valentin. My wife reads all her books on her iPad, but for me actual physical books will never die. I’ll listen to audio books, but I still have to have an actual copy of any book I listen to.

628Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:33 am

Randam Hajile

Nice new figures, Valentin!

I recently got a Genesis Emen "Ranbing"-Figure, which seems to be only offered in Asia. I got her mostly for parts for SciFi-bashes, but it's a nice figure on its own...

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 52799911906_5b36a71c39_kGenesis Emen Ranbing by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 52799345147_c6479f3f00_kGenesis Emen Ranbing by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

629Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:57 am

Diana

Nice grabs all around! Except for the clown. I don't like spooky clowns. Razz

"Ranbing" looks awesome! I would just give her a new realistic head and that's it! I bet it'll be hard to take her apart. ^^

630Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:46 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh that's a gorgeous figure, Randam!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

631Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:54 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Knowing what you do with molded hair, I can foresee plenty of awesome kitbashing.

632Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:35 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice, Ralf!

633Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:54 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s a cool figure, Ralf. Nice grab.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 1f10

634Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:05 am

csyeung

csyeung
That's a pretty awesome figure Randam! I've never seen it before. Nice grab!

635Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:05 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Randam That is a very cool figure. It's going for a pretty penny on ebay. Where did you score her from?

636Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:02 pm

valentin

valentin
Nice haul random!!!!!! I can't believe Ranbing is out already!!!!!!

Background: She's a character from china's 3d animated sci-fi tv series: The Spirit Cage, Incarnation. It's quite a cool and nice series, and the quality of the show is on par with the resident evil animated films.

637Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:26 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks and Happy Easter to you all!

Diana wrote:Nice grabs all around! Except for the clown. I don't like spooky clowns. Razz

"Ranbing" looks awesome! I would just give her a new realistic head and that's it! I bet it'll be hard to take her apart. ^^

I fully expected that her vest is glued on, but to my surprise the whole outfit can be easily taken off. Everything is very well designed here. I plan to bash a Deunan Knute from Appleseed Alpha using the vest.  

actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Randam That is a very cool figure. It's going for a pretty penny on ebay. Where did you score her from?

I got it for 245$ on ebay. So, it's not really cheap, but I was eager to get the futuristic rail and machine gun in the kit.

valentin wrote:Nice haul random!!!!!! I can't believe Ranbing is out already!!!!!!

Background: She's a character from china's 3d animated sci-fi tv series: The Spirit Cage, Incarnation. It's quite a cool and nice series, and the quality of the show is on par with the resident evil animated films.

Thanks for the info, Valentin. The figure seems to be out for more than a month in Asia looking at the reviews on the bbi board.

638Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:04 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Randam Hajile wrote:  

actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Randam That is a very cool figure. It's going for a pretty penny on ebay. Where did you score her from?

I got it for 245$ on ebay. So, it's not really cheap, but I was eager to get the futuristic rail and machine gun in the kit.

I ask Giantoys if they were going to carry her? They said yes, so hopefully I can get her there. She is too cool looking. Thanks for posting her.

639Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:18 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
For those who might be interested, here is a WIP shot of my Deunan Knute based on this Genesis Emen figure. Briareos is quite happy because he is not so lonely anymore Wink

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 52813524440_ed54b29501_5kAppleseed by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

She is still missing her kneepads and some more details...

640Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:53 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice pair!

641Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:06 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Looking good Ralf!

642Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:17 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Excellent. They look cool together. One of my favorite Masamune Shirow comics series.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

643Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:40 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Outstanding. Works perfectly.

644Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:26 am

m76

m76
I'm back, and got this in the mail last week:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 0012
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 0118
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 0218

One of my eyes is crying and the other is smiling. It's R2, but it is a rickety POS. Slideshow should be ashamed.

There are lots of manufacturing errors, with giant gaping holes on some parts where they were attached to the mold. The stone projection table is the lowest quality plastic mold with visible seams, and very artificial looking color. I've not seen such crap since the 80s on model kits made in the USSR.

It's all plastic and some of the hinges and moving parts fit very loosely, and don't line up very well when closed.

The middle leg is almost impossible to push back in after extending it. The head which has to be removed to access the main light switch and batteries is similarly difficult to re-attach after removing it.

The touch sensor that was used to cycle the lighting worked for about 2 minutes, now it does nothing. I can no longer turn on or off the lights without removing the head, that is difficult to put back and you risk breaking something each time.

All the markings say copyright 2014 on them, but I bought it new, so IDK if this is old stock or if sideshow is doing a re-run.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

645Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:45 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh my! I had been eyeing up that Sideshow R2 and trying to decide if I wanted to purchase it, but ultimately decided to go with the upcoming AotC Hot Toys version. I was regretting it at first cause the HT version is sooo expensive, but now I'm wondering if I dodged a bullet.

That being said, it *looks* beautiful in your photos! I am sorry about the shoddy quality in-hand though. :/

646Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I have an older Sideshow R2, with the Jabba Sail Barge cocktails serving accessory table attaching to it, and it seems to work ok.

647Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:51 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:I have an older Sideshow R2, with the Jabba Sail Barge cocktails serving accessory table attaching to it, and it seems to work ok.

I have that version, as well, and it’s fine. Sorry to hear about all the issues, m76.

648Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:59 pm

m76

m76
Maybe I'm being overly critical, it looks fine as a display piece as long as you don't look too closely. My biggest gripe is the light switch not working, but I'm not sure if I should return it because of that.

It is indeed the version with the serving tray, I just did not attach those accessories for now.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Sw10

649Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:00 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Maybe you got a lemon (flawed product). Be careful with the serving tray, I think that is the only part of mine that I damaged, but was able to repair just fine with glue.

650Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:53 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Well, issues aside, he looks great on display, imo! Smile

651Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:43 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, they look very well together. And Lando looks great. We've discussed various improvements possible with Leia (see the thread linked below if you'd like to see some ideas).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5720-towards-a-definitive-huttslayer-leia-updated-with-part-v

652Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:10 am

m76

m76
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, they look very well together. And Lando looks great. We've discussed various improvements possible with Leia (see the thread linked below if you'd like to see some ideas).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5720-towards-a-definitive-huttslayer-leia-updated-with-part-v

Leia looks alright to me, this is one of the smaller TBL bodies, I can never tell which is which after taking them out of the box.

653Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:36 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
m76 wrote:I'm back, and got this in the mail last week:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 0012
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 0118
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 0218

One of my eyes is crying and the other is smiling. It's R2, but it is a rickety POS. Slideshow should be ashamed.

There are lots of manufacturing errors, with giant gaping holes on some parts where they were attached to the mold. The stone projection table is the lowest quality plastic mold with visible seams, and very artificial looking color. I've not seen such crap since the 80s on model kits made in the USSR.

It's all plastic and some of the hinges and moving parts fit very loosely, and don't line up very well when closed.

The middle leg is almost impossible to push back in after extending it. The head which has to be removed to access the main light switch and batteries is similarly difficult to re-attach after removing it.

The touch sensor that was used to cycle the lighting worked for about 2 minutes, now it does nothing. I can no longer turn on or off the lights without removing the head, that is difficult to put back and you risk breaking something each time.

All the markings say copyright 2014 on them, but I bought it new, so IDK if this is old stock or if sideshow is doing a re-run.

I own the same R2 unit. I quite like it. Maybe i would think less of the Sideshow R2 if i owned a Hot Toys R2 to compare it to.

If i were to complain about the Sideshow R2, they would include:

1. Weathering looks weak. By weak, it looks on the light side.
2. Weight wise, R2 feels very light, resulting in a production that feels cheap.
3. R2's feet (for want of a better word) fail to tilt enough, meaning the famous scene of R2's on tip-toes looking into Yoda's hut / house cannot be achived.
4. Batteries - given how large R2's dome is, Sideshow could have housed a large common battery in the space. But no, they decided to use a number of tiny batteries that last 5 minutes before going flat?

I display my Sideshow R2 with my Medicom Stormtrooper with my Hot Toys Hoth Leia Smile

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Star_Wars_Mini_Collection_01
LOADING: Image(s)

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 R2_D2_looking_into_Yoda_s_house
LOADING: Image(s)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

654Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:15 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Randam Hajile wrote:Nice new figures, Valentin!

I recently got a Genesis Emen "Ranbing"-Figure, which seems to be only offered in Asia. I got her mostly for parts for SciFi-bashes, but it's a nice figure on its own...

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 52799911906_5b36a71c39_kGenesis Emen Ranbing by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 26 52799345147_c6479f3f00_kGenesis Emen Ranbing by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Giantoys has this up for ordering.
https://giantoy.com/products/1-6-genesis-emen-llrb-01-incarnation-ran-bing-action-figure?fbclid=IwAR1523WnQfzfcscaaZdSYD4RrU_wGOdD4JicQvmz7mTmD0pNuvfCen2vB5w

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum