OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 Empty Michiko: A Swim At Dawn Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:59 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52683050254_379f18d880_b
Michiko at The beach by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr
[/center]

BAMComix

Very nice Gary, love the cave setting!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice shot. Looks like she’s standing on a beach next to a rocky cliff.

ThePhotogsBlog

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice shot. Looks like she’s standing on a beach next to a rocky cliff.

That was pretty much the intent.

55Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 Empty The Colonel Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:16 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Finally, a kitbash I have been collecting parts for for a long time.  This figure represents a lieutentant-colonel in the Royal Canadian Artillery.  His uniform is a mix from various sources.  From top to bottom, his cap is from Banjoman on ebay, while his artillery cap badge is by Tony Barton at Antheads.  The bush jacket is by Ujindou from their SAS Edward MacDonald figure, while the breeches and boots and Sam Browne belt are from the DiD WWI Colonel MacKenzie figure starring Benedict Cumberbatch...(1917)

The head sculpt is from a DiD Gangster set, but too me, looks very much like a middle-aged Sean Connery (The DiD name for this character is "Sean,") and he looks about the right age to be a lieutenant colonel. What identifies him as Canadian is the colour of the edging on his rank insignia. A British Royal Artillery officer would have blue edging, while the Royal Canadian Artillery used red.

I don't know exactly where he'll fit into my little alternate reality yet, but I'll find a place.

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52696919924_41281a97e4_b
_DSC0040_0059 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52697146948_6f9b1bf92e_b
_DSC0042_0061 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52696656921_91db314152_b
_DSC0044_0063 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52697146318_19412e0428_b
_DSC0046_0065 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52696918759_cd7a6680a3_b
_DSC0047_0066 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52696918409_4e03bca345_b
_DSC0052_0070 copy by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He. Looks. Awesome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:He. Looks. Awesome.

Thanks. This figure has been long in coming and is essentially a labour of love in the sense that The Royal Canadian Artillery was my branch of the service. (2nd Field Regiment, RCA). It also helps that I have the entire top half of his uniform; the hat, badge, bush jacket and Sam Browne belt in 1/1 scale. I don't have the breeches or boots, but I know where to get good quality reproductions if I wanted them

Since I'm sure the sculpt is an unlicensed Sean Connery sculpt, I was thinking of naming him Colonel Arbuthnot, after the character Connery plays in "Murder On The Orient Express," though Arbuthnot is an Indian Army officer in a fictitious Gurkha regiment during the Raj.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice Gary! and well worth the wait too! I like him.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Lieutentant-colonel looks very well dressed. His portrait works really well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a good choice for a name, Gary.

Ovy

Ovy
Beautiful job, he looks like straight out of a forgotten war movie.

Maybe he has friends in the entire 5th Congolese Balloon Brigade, who serve as artillery spotters?

62Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 Empty Diablos Island Beach Patrol Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:40 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
finally got my second S36A (pale) anime body on Saturday, whom I am naming "Aki." If she looks familiar, it's because I'm using the head sculpt from my first S36 from last year, which has been sitting in my parts box for a while as I used a different anime head sculpt parted out from an S40A on Monkey Depot to create "Hoshi." In keeping anime tradition, I am giving all my anime figures Japanese names whether they have Japanese features or not.

Hoshi and Aiko will form the nucleus of the Diablos Island Beach Patrol, as well a run the gas station and gun store. The Beach Patrol is responsible for security on the island's beaches. In most places, they would be simple life guards, but on Diablos Island that can involve quite a bit more, so they are pretty-well armed as life-guards and gas station attendants go.

I have yet to work out full backgrounds for either, but did let on in "Girls und Whisky" that Hoshi's family was incinerated in a Godzilla story and that she had to shoot her boyfriend between the eyes after he got bitten by a zombie and turned.

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52701770891_a59a984427_b
Beach Patrol; Hoshi and Aki 1 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52702259383_4a70c986e8_b
Beach Patrol; Hoshi and Aki 2 by Gary Menten, on Flickr
Overall, I think they make a very cute pair and my next project will be to get an appropriately sized body for this off-brand anime head sculpt that I currently have on an S22A body, but which seems undersized on that particular body.

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52452002627_daa7698b0e_b
NEW ANIME01 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice Gary!

Melancholic

Melancholic
[quote="ThePhotogsBlog"][size=18][b]Finally, a kitbash I have been collecting parts for for a long time.  This figure represents a lieutentant-colonel in the Royal Canadian Artillery.  His uniform is a mix from various sources.  From top to bottom, his cap is from Banjoman on ebay, while his artillery cap badge is by Tony Barton at Antheads.  The bush jacket is by Ujindou from their SAS Edward MacDonald figure, while the breeches and boots and Sam Browne belt are from the DiD WWI Colonel MacKenzie figure starring Benedict Cumberbatch...(1917)

The head sculpt is from a DiD Gangster set, but too me, looks very much like a middle-aged Sean Connery (The DiD name for this character is "Sean,") and he looks about the right age to be a lieutenant colonel. What identifies him as Canadian is the colour of the edging on his rank insignia. A British Royal Artillery officer would have blue edging, while the Royal Canadian Artillery used red.

I don't know exactly where he'll fit into my little alternate reality yet, but I'll find a place.

I follow Gary on Flickr and highly recommend anyone to take a look at the hijinks of these characters.  It is very reminiscent of Mel Brooks movies, Spaceballs or Blazing saddles.  Very entertaining!

BAMComix

BAMComix
Melancholic wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I follow Gary on Flickr and highly recommend anyone to take a look at the hijinks of these characters.  It is very reminiscent of Mel Brooks movies, Spaceballs or Blazing saddles.  Very entertaining!

Agreed! Gary's posts are always fun and entertaining! bounce

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Melancholic wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:[size=18][b]Finally, a kitbash I have been collecting parts for for a long time.  This figure represents a lieutentant-colonel in the Royal Canadian Artillery.  His uniform is a mix from various sources.  From top to bottom, his cap is from Banjoman on ebay, while his artillery cap badge is by Tony Barton at Antheads.  The bush jacket is by Ujindou from their SAS Edward MacDonald figure, while the breeches and boots and Sam Browne belt are from the DiD WWI Colonel MacKenzie figure starring Benedict Cumberbatch...(1917)

I follow Gary on Flickr and highly recommend anyone to take a look at the hijinks of these characters.  It is very reminiscent of Mel Brooks movies, Spaceballs or Blazing saddles.  Very entertaining!

Thank-you for the kind words. Very often however, you will not get the whole picture on Flickr because the hijinks are part of an ongoing back and forth set of interactive posts between myself and either Dave or Dal or both. The best place to get the whole picture is on Dal's site, ActionManMobileOperations.

We tried bringing this concept here, but to little avail.

davidd

davidd
Anime Battle Babe is total hawtness!

68Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 Empty The waterfall backdrop Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:11 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I finally decided to attempt something I've been meaning to do for a while, which is to use a photo background along with some foreground elements to give a greater sense of depth to my sets.  The photo was downloaded from a stock photography company and I had a 24 x 16" mat ink-jet print made for the background.  Lighting was with a single, on camera flash bounced at the ceiling to create a top-down diffused light and avoid casting unwanted shadows on the background.  I think it worked pretty well, and over the next little while, I plan to buy a few more of these images to simulate different geographical areas.  

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52723910657_8b14e429f0_b
Hoshi in jungle by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52724495626_7499278213_b
Pizza delivery 1 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great use of the background! It worked out perfectly Very Happy .

davidd

davidd
The combination of the photo backdrop and the artificial works well for creating a sense of depth in a limited space. Nice color and foliage match between the artificial plants and the background image.

You've accumulated an impressive assortment of faux-liage.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s excellent. Nice use of the foliage and backdrop.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it too, but I have to commend davidd especially for coming up with "faux-liage." Punster extraordinaire!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52743931793_bb85aed88b_b
Cargo Hold by Gary Menten, on Flickr

davidd

davidd
Moody sci-fi thriller lighting.

I appreciate the tidiness of the construction; the rivets and panels are all neatly aligned and believably mechanical in appearance. The detailing appears to serve a purpose rather than being randomly "stuck on the wall."

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Agreed. That’s a pretty cool diorama and figure. Nice lighting.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great shot, Gary! The setting works perfectly!

Melancholic

Melancholic
It all comes together and really works!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Thanks! I can do twosies as well!

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 3 52746181369_dd51f7329e_3k
Cargo Hold 2 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice set, Gary! Those two look right at home.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum