OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

ThePhotogsBlog

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52602775497_4d572abab9_b
All About Me by Gary Menten, on Flickr

ThePhotogsBlog

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52603576844_3e9e615ea4_b
Erika by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Oberleutnant Erika von Stroheim

TBLeague S22A body with modified Alert Line Female AfrikaKorps officer's head.

This character provides much of the comic relief for my stories. Erika was once a promising young Bundeswehr officer who's great grandfather served with Rommel in North Afrika. Even in childhood, she was convinced, listening to her great grandfather, that Rommel as the greatest military genius of the Second World War.  She inherited his diaries when he died, plus some other things....

Unfortunately for Erika, she suffered a traumatic brain injury while serving in Aghanistan and she suffers from a sever form of PTSD which leaves huge holes in her memory. When she has her medication, she approaches something like normalcy, but when she doesn't have them, she tends to fill the gaps in her memory with the writings from her great grandfather's memoirs. Consequently, she confuses his life and experiences and thoughts with her own and can have tremendous difficulty judging what year it is.  

Among the other things her great grandpa left her were his Walther pistol, MP40 submachinegun, his uniforms, a lot of money in Krugerands, and a list of contacts (mainly relatives and friends) who'd settled or fled to South America after the war. Discharged from the Bundeswehr, and with Germany once again in ruins owing to the 3rd World War, Erika, still on he meds, took these things and made her way first to Bueonos Aires where she was surprised to find that her German cousins had also maintained small arsenals left to them by their grandfather;s and great grandfathers. With the with the rapidly deteriorating situation in South America however, they collectively decided to commandeer an aircraft and fly it to the United States where they hoped to eventually establish a new German colony in the Oil Rich Southwest. In the meantime however.

Erika's and her cousins currently serve as part of Dr. Diablos's private army.

28Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 Empty Hoshi Hasegawa Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:39 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52603844130_7ef40a46e0_b
Hoshi by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I haven't fully decided much about Hoshi or what her exact role will be in my collection, other than that she will be part of an all anime figure unit who, because they are anime figures, will all have Japanese names, despite not looking very Japanese.  Influenced as I am by the anime series High School of the Dead, in which a group of high school students must find a way to survive as their school and city (and the world) is overrun by a zombie apocalypse, I might choose a similar theme.  Then again, I might not. Stay tuned to find out more.

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52603714846_c46fffd340_b
Detonator by Gary Menten, on Flickr

29Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 Empty Bambi von Braun Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:34 am

ThePhotogsBlog

Not much is known at this point about Bambi, at least by the good guys, though she is strongly suspected of being a genetically engineered super-soldier created by Dr. Lili von Neuville (Laura's evil sister Lilly) using DNA stolen or captured from the Genesis project. She appears to be a genetic duplicate of BAM HQ Agent Tabi, and was observed to execute a spy who had displeased Dr. von Neuville by cutting her throat with a bayonet. A soldier bearing a strong resemblance to her was shot and supposedly killed by Commander Takahara in during the Laura Rescue Mission, however the body seems to have disappeared before daylight, despite multiple gunshot wounds to the chest from Kamiko's M4 carbine. It is not known at present, how many more Bambi von Brauns might have been created. Commander Takahara and Commodore Bond-Fleming are of the opinion that Dr. Diablos and Dr. von Neuville use Bambi as a bodyguard and enforcer. Her preferred weapon appears to be the Mauser C96 pistol.

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52612679331_d737a2bea0_b
Bambi_0002 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52613100635_12cc573f23_b
Bambi_0006 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52613100515_7b83850c64_b
Bambi_0019 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52612678741_d7b5c4005b_b
Bambi_0022 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

davidd

davidd
Bambi poses well. Her uniform combined with a picturesque Mauser pistol makes for a dramatic appearance.

She even has a shoulder stock attachment for the Mauser! That's pretty cool!

I'm quite captivated by the "round window" setting you've constructed. It is simple, but perhaps the minimalism enhances the intrigue factor. Is it a bunker? A submarine? A space station? A modernist upscale townhouse in Beverly Hills? All of the above and more, depending on the needs of the storyline?

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:Bambi poses well. Her uniform combined with a picturesque Mauser pistol makes for a dramatic appearance.

I'm quite captivated by the "round window" setting you've constructed. It is simple, but perhaps the minimalism enhances the intrigue factor. Is it a bunker? A submarine? A space station? A modernist upscale townhouse in Beverly Hills? All of the above and more, depending on the needs of the storyline?

It's actually supposed to be an air vent in a bunker or villain's lair.

The main part is a circular window vent from an old portable air conditioner that allowed the hose to be vented out the window. There were two, so I have a second. To cover the gaps in the foam core where I cut it to fit the vent, I did the same thing as with my spaceship porthole and cut a loop of shiny cardboard lid material and trimmed it to fit and painted everything in a rusty colour an over sprayed with a bit of gun metal. Then I made a 45 degree foam core duct to glue on the other side and painted the inside with gunmetal. Finally, I put a small battery powered LED bank with a coloured gel underneath it and it's done.

davidd

davidd
ThePhotogsBlog wrote: ...  Then I made a 45 degree foam core duct to glue on the other side and painted the inside with gunmetal....

We go to elaborate lengths to "get the shot in 1/6 scale," don't we? Razz Your clever solution for the inside of the duct might help me with a "porthole problem" I've been contemplating.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I saw it as an air vent. Like the one Connery crawled through in Dr. No. Some cool characters and character stories, Gary.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:I saw it as an air vent. Like the one Connery crawled through in Dr. No. Some cool characters and character stories, Gary.

It was inspired by exactly that air vent in Dr. No.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:Bambi poses well. Her uniform combined with a picturesque Mauser pistol makes for a dramatic appearance.

It's very big for a port hole.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think, visually, Bambi is my favorite.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52613547430_67340498f4_b
Super Villains by Gary Menten, on Flickr

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52613905566_43a2912a65_b
_DSC0047_0081 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wonderful shots as always of the sexy ladies and characters from K-Troop!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52614268349_88459891f3_b
_DSC0068_0101 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great photos. I also like Bambi, gives off a “Ilsa She Wolf of the SS” vibes.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Great photos. I also like Bambi, gives off a “Ilsa She Wolf of the SS” vibes.

Bambi was directly inspired by "Ilsa" and while I have a set of black jodhpurs I could have dressed her in, I somehow didn't quite like the look of these with the leather jacket, so she's wearing OD Green pants from one of the ACE Vietnam Play Company or Peace company features with Russian WWII female jackboots which are passable for German ones.  The Mauser C96 pistol was inspired by one of MiskatonicNick's characters, who was an accomplice of his (the original) verison of Dr. Diablos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyville/9436539728/in/dateposted/

This being said, she went through a period of trial and error in costuming before I selected the final version which involved also gluing SS collar insignia to an eBay bought leather jacket from some dealer in China.

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 51426614346_978710695f_b
Bambi von Braun 1 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 51427593545_93ea80daca_b
Bambi von Braun 2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 51448698416_44f6a88716_b
091121_0029
by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 51488889608_2d55ea8823_b
Bambi von Braun by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52108426494_631d8e50e3_b
Page_5 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Experimentation is the key

43Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 Empty Kamiko and Laura, back-to-back Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:30 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52616092946_49c1d36b19_b
About to get noisy by Gary Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great shot!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52622447870_c3eb78d6e7_b
Schnookstaffel by Gary Menten, on Flickr

One of Dr. Diablos's guards, which Kamiko and Kimono Troop members usually refer to as "The Schnookstaffel," or the "Heimlich MaGoobers."

BAMComix

BAMComix
Superb Gary!

47Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 Empty Hoshi Hasegawa Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:40 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52625777581_bfca206247_b
Hoshi Explores An Underground Lair by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Hoshi Hasegawa explores an underground chamber

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another great shot! That back wall is an amazing dio piece, Gary!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That dio and the lighting make all the photos look great. I like the henchman shot the best.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some really cool and fun characters, I like the one with the c96 the most.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 1f60e

51Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 Empty Michiko: A Swim At Dawn Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:59 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Heroines, Heroes and Villains (Continuously Updated)  - Page 2 52683050254_379f18d880_b
Michiko at The beach by
Gary  Menten, on Flickr
[/center]

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice Gary, love the cave setting!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice shot. Looks like she’s standing on a beach next to a rocky cliff.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice shot. Looks like she’s standing on a beach next to a rocky cliff.

That was pretty much the intent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum