OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!!

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:47 am

gooboo

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tb122

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tb222

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! 15174110

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! 15180410

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! 15182610

2TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:52 am

gooboo

Finally! Only took them years to do this. Although TBLeague's whole numbering system is going to get even more confusing than it already is.

3TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:16 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Finally, indeed! Better late than never.

It's s so cool that they're going for all of their existing body types, not just a new one.

Kudos, TBL... kudos!

4TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:16 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Very cool!

5TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:19 pm

gooboo

I just realized, for most people they will probably have difficulty finding matching headsculpts for the brown/dark brown skinned bodies. Hopefully TBLeague makes some more headsculpts to match these new bodies soon.

I would like to mention that I sell some black/african american headsculpts on ebay, however they are unpainted so you will have to paint them yourself, or hire someone to do it for you.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/georgedwilliams

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, this is fantastic news! I hope it means they will do some variations in the male bodies too, but this is good enough 'win' for now.

Agree that the numbering system is gonna go nuts, but it's worth it for the different skintones!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

gooboo

These are available on Giantoy now.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Fantastic news. They should have done this already, but I'm glad they are getting there in the end. Will order my favorite bodies in both of the new skintones.
Good point about the heads. There may be some heads for the "dark brown" version, but there would be very few realistic ones for the "dark-skinned" version.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Okay, now do the line of male bodies as well, because we need some tan and black muscle bodies, how else are we going to kitbash Mister T or Roadblock from Gi Joe?

10TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZeroDelta wrote:Okay, now do the line of male bodies as well, because we need some tan and black muscle bodies, how else are we going to kitbash Mister T or Roadblock from Gi Joe?
Agree completely, just didn't want to sound unappreciative. Smile

11TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:10 pm

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
GubernatorFan wrote:
ZeroDelta wrote:Okay, now do the line of male bodies as well, because we need some tan and black muscle bodies, how else are we going to kitbash Mister T or Roadblock from Gi Joe?

No, its great that we get female dark bodies now, I already have ideas for them, because what I am missing right now, are black females in my collection and there is a lot you can do with that. Finding female AA heads can be a hassle, but there are ways.

12TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZeroDelta wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

No, its great that we get female dark bodies now, I already have ideas for them, because what I am missing right now, are black females in my collection and there is a lot you can do with that. Finding female AA heads can be a hassle, but there are ways.

Also true. Actually, gooboo has made some and they are for sale on eBay and Etsy. I have a couple, and they are very nice. Haven't done anything with them yet, in part because I haven't recolored a body for them.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2699p60-gooboo-s-wip-stuff-thread#99035

13TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:20 pm

gooboo

When did you buy them? I didn't recognize any screen names from anyone here on OSF.

14TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:21 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Is it just the female bodies at the moment? I can't see why they can't do the male ones just as easily now that they have the formula.

15TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Is it just the female bodies at the moment? I can't see why they can't do the male ones just as easily now that they have the formula.
Yes, looks like it. Thinking back to the exchange with ZeroDelta, when it comes to male bodies, we could use a slightly paler version than the male suntan, as well as, of course, a darker body (they did that for M36B but only for that, apart from certain literally black-skinned sets).
By the way, I miss your old avatar.

16TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:28 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
gooboo wrote:When did you buy them? I didn't recognize any screen names from anyone here on OSF.
I forget. And the name would have been different. I got at least one of the African heads and a Twilek head, but I want to match them to bodies, and not having made up my mind on exactly what to go for in recoloring, I haven't advanced enough in the project to show them. I did prime the Twilek head, but in its case I'm waiting to dig out my green body to match the skin tone.

17TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:34 pm

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:
csyeung wrote:Is it just the female bodies at the moment? I can't see why they can't do the male ones just as easily now that they have the formula.
Yes, looks like it. Thinking back to the exchange with ZeroDelta, when it comes to male bodies, we could use a slightly paler version than the male suntan, as well as, of course, a darker body (they did that for M36B but only for that, apart from certain literally black-skinned sets).

I changed it up a bit to show my excitement everytime i click on a new topic in this forum haha. Curious to see the actual colors in hand. Not sure what the difference is going to look like with the two new skin tones.

18TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:35 pm

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
I am pretty sure that companies are soon going to make a whole bunch of matching heads for these bodies, seeing as thats always the case.

19TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

I changed it up a bit to show my excitement everytime i click on a new topic in this forum haha. Curious to see the actual colors in hand. Not sure what the difference is going to look like with the two new skin tones.
Oh, it is definitely excited alright. Smile Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of anime, although I try to not kill anyone's buzz. But you bring up an excellent point. Jiaou, which already offers more skin tone choices than TBLeague / Phicen, has been fairly misleading about them in its oversaturated promotional photos. I don't expect that from TBLeagur / Phicen, which have been more consistent in that respect, but it remains to be seen. I ordered two of each (skin tones, not models!), though I imagine other members would have them in hand before me and will be able to report.

ZeroDelta wrote:I am pretty sure that companies are soon going to make a whole bunch of matching heads for these bodies, seeing as thats always the case.
That is a fair point, too. I expect there would be at least some. Halle Berry, although already done, is likely to be a front runner.

20TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:55 pm

gooboo

I ordered three bodies total. A dark brown s29, and both brown versions of the s42/43. Will wait to see what these look like in hand before ordering anymore.

Glad we're done paying the scalper's price for any parted out bodies from sets that are brown/black colored.

21TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:04 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
csyeung wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

I changed it up a bit to show my excitement everytime i click on a new topic in this forum haha.
Oh, it is definitely excited alright. Smile Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of anime, although I try to not kill anyone's buzz.

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! 416-50
Chibi Anime Figure Icons are the FUTURE!
You will be assimilated!

Razz

Are these new TBLeague colors available already? Where? WHERE!!!!

And... why NOW!!! Why NOW after I just, literally two weeks ago, purchased a "BS" color Jiaou body in a failed attempt to match a darker-than-usual head sculpt.  Crying or Very sad I bet the new "dark brown" would have been nearly perfect!

Oh, wait... I see it now: Giantoy. How 'bout some links, then?

Dark Brown:  https://giantoy.com/products/1-6-tbleague-new-skin-tone-female-seamless-brown

Dark Skinned:  https://giantoy.com/products/1-6-tbleague-new-skin-tone-female-seamless-black

22TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Dave, but you have always had this avatar. Craig changed his a couple of times.
Also, the bodies are technically up for pre-order, not quite immediate order.

23TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:02 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
gooboo -- I am also relieved I won't have to try to track down parted out bodies to get one of these.

Not gonna lie, Tbleague has been really boring to me in recent times. Always the same old, same old. But this has just injected a lot more variety into the mix, which gets my interest again.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

24TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:14 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:Dave, but you have always had this avatar. Craig changed his a couple of times.
Also, the bodies are technically up for pre-order, not quite immediate order.

Yes, I've used the same avatar on online toy and figure forums since... errrmmm... has it really been that long Embarassed ... around 2005.

Good point about the bodies not actually being available yet. Estimated release date is soonish - November 2023. But there are estimated released dates and then there's reality.

I'm curious to see what availability for all TBLeague products is like after they release the new colors. Have they upgraded their production lines to keep up with higher demand and a wider product variety? Or will scarcity kick in for various sizes and shades? For the most part, most versions of TBLeague bodies have been consistently available through Giantoy (not so consistently through BBTS). I hope the expanded product line does not negatively impact consistent availability.

25TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:37 pm

gooboo

TBLeague has been pretty quick about getting their new products out recently. I haven't ordered a new set from them in awhile but I remember the Ghost Soldier set was announced and then released only a few months later.

Really the only thing they need to do here is mix in some dye with their TPE- they already have developed the armatures and the molds for the bodies, which makes how long it took for them to actually do this even more ridiculous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum