OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:56 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Great heads, Titan and Ovy.
Mark, I used the S25B; I know, we talked about it and the narrow shoulders, but I still think it is the closest match, especially height-wise.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5720-towards-a-definitive-huttslayer-leia-updated-with-part-v

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

52TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:42 am

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Ah, yes. Is there a similar body with a smaller bust than that? I’m so out of touch with all this stuff at the moment.

53TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:27 am

skywalkersaga

Mark, the only way I can approximate a smaller bust size for that particular body is to literally give her a bust reduction. I've done that with a couple of my Padme figures. But it only works if the top or 'bra' piece is tight enough to hold the bust back into place (since I never could find a glue that worked for that purpose).

Now, there is a fairly new-ish Jiaou body mentioned recently that was a lot more petite than Jiaou's usual bodies, which had a smaller bust. The only downside was that the arm and shoulder area were not very muscularly defined (compared to the tbleague bodies). If you look in Randam's photo thread you will find it there.

54TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:37 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Mark, the only way I can approximate a smaller bust size for that particular body is to literally give her a bust reduction. I've done that with a couple of my Padme figures. But it only works if the top or 'bra' piece is tight enough to hold the bust back into place (since I never could find a glue that worked for that purpose).

Now, there is a fairly new-ish Jiaou body mentioned recently that was a lot more petite than Jiaou's usual bodies, which had a smaller bust. The only downside was that the arm and shoulder area were not very muscularly defined (compared to the tbleague bodies). If you look in Randam's photo thread you will find it there.
I got that Jiaou body, too, gotto take it out of the box and look again. I'm not sure it would be appropriate for Leia.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

55TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:46 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Thanks, S. and G. for all the tips. I’ll probably go with the 17b, which was my original intent after the smaller bodies came out (I went back through the Leia thread Ian linked), and saw how much more I appreciated the slim lines of that body for her. I have a Mattel Leia bra that’s actually a perfect size for a smaller bust, so I won’t be using the big boob bras in the sets that came out a couple years ago. I just haven’t had much energy for doing anything lately.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 1f10

56TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Thanks, S. and G. for all the tips. I’ll probably go with the 17b, which was my original intent after the smaller bodies came out (I went back through the Leia thread Ian linked), and saw how much more I appreciated the slim lines of that body for her. I have a Mattel Leia bra that’s actually a perfect size for a smaller bust, so I won’t be using the big boob bras in the sets that came out a couple years ago. I just haven’t had much energy for doing anything lately.
I'm sending you a S25B vs JOQ-19B-BS comparison via pm. S17B is far too tall in my book, then again you're likely to have it reclining on Jabba's throne so perhaps it won't be too obvious.

57TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:31 pm

Diana

Diana
Stryker2012 wrote:Ah, yes. Is there a similar body with a smaller bust than that? I’m so out of touch with all this stuff at the moment.

I think there are a few nice options, but all of the non-teen/non-anime bodies have been as tall or taller than the S17B.
The new overview they provided for the new skin colors are very useful, but sadly they depict all bodies in the same size. Still, if size is secondary then that'll be a good reference.

58TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:59 am

madnug

madnug
hoping too see the dark brown review,
need some reddish to yellow tone that match most rich hottoys HS colors..

Currently Jiaou Wheat and Pop Xing Suntan can pretty much match Hottoys/ reddish type Head Sculpt.

59TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:14 am

Diana

Diana
madnug wrote:hoping too see the dark brown review,
need some reddish to yellow tone that match most rich hottoys HS colors..

Currently Jiaou Wheat and Pop Xing Suntan can pretty much match Hottoys/ reddish type Head Sculpt.

I ordered two dark brown ("black") bodies and will certainly order a brown one later, when I know what to do with it. ^^
I will post photos, though I don't have any matching heads yet. I have one that I want to paint to match.

60TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:49 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
madnug wrote:Currently Jiaou Wheat and Pop Xing Suntan can pretty much match Hottoys/ reddish type Head Sculpt.
Careful with Jiaou "Wheat" -- I think they came up with a new, lighter "Wheat" and I'm not sure they are going to be good about marking the difference.

61TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:32 pm

gooboo

Surprised these aren't out yet. Giantoy had these listed for November, and Phicen's recent offerings all came out pretty quickly, so I wonder what the hold up is here.

62TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:04 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Just quickly popping in to say these appear to finally have been released (or at least GianToy have sent me a shipping notice, which 'Amelia' has just confirmed).

One of these was my last purchase before I had to pull out of the hobby for a while, so it's kind of sad at the same time as exciting to finally have them out there Crying or Very sad

I hope to make A Shocking Return! at some point in the near future if 'things' pan out, though Wink

63TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:16 am

gooboo

Nice, just got my email from Giantoy as well. Hopefully I'll get them soon so I can finally start painting/hairing some of my black female headsculpts.

64TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:00 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Yep. I have 3 on the way, as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

65TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:19 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I got my notification, too. Looking forward to them.

66TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:19 am

Diana

Diana
Me, too! I got two on the way and am very much looking forward to actually start painting some heads to match! Smile

67TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:33 pm

Diana

Diana
They have arrived! bounce

I ordered the S23 and S49 in "dark brown".
Interestingly, the box for the S49C was bigger than the S23C, although the figure is smaller.

First a comparison with suntan:

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7629
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7630
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7631

The S23C:

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7615
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7614
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7616
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7617

S49C:

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7619
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7618
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7622
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7620

And more comparisons (S23C on the left, S49C on the right):

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7621
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7623
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7625
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Img_7624

68TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:39 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow thanks for sharing! I have that same head too and I think she looks awesome with the s23 body!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

69TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent! I'm happy to see that the color is really rich, unlike the misleadingly photographed (or edited) Jiaou ones were. One thing I wondered about is whether the protective powder would be much more obvious, and it is, but it can be mitigated with a bit of brushing. Thanks for sharing.

70TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:36 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looks good. Is that one of the heads I had made? I can’t remember anymore. Looks like maybe the powder could be brushed in with a makeup brush so it’s less noticeable; or I wonder if using a brown powder wouldn’t be as noticeable.

71TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:54 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The powder that comes with the tbleague bodies tends to be more visibly lighter in colour and is noticable even on the lighter bodies. I usually wash it off and replace it with a transparent makeup powder. Idk if that would work for these new bodies as I obvioiusly haven't tried it yet, but I would hope it would at least be better than the powder they come with.

ETA: and yes, it's your headsculpt, Stryker. Smile

72TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:52 pm

gooboo

Well damn, yours shipped a lot faster than mine did, lol.

73TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:54 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
These look amazing and fairly quickly released from the preorder. I had a look for heads which might match this deep skin tone (just a quick eBay search) however it seems extremely difficult to find any, especially for females? The 23 makes me think of a Grace Jones Conan-style....

74TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:17 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
There they are! Thank you so much for the pics! Smile

75TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:31 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thanks for the pics. They look good, although it's probably better if they didn't use white powder on them.

76TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Looks good. Is that one of the heads I had made? I can’t remember anymore. Looks like maybe the powder could be brushed in with a makeup brush so it’s less noticeable; or I wonder if using a brown powder wouldn’t be as noticeable.
I thought this is familiar, looking forward to painting this head. And yes on both counts about the powder.

77TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:00 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This is what I use on my tbleague bodies:

https://www.lookfantastic.com/nyx-professional-makeup-studio-finishing-powder-translucent-finish/11530553.html

It may still show up slightly in the sense that it will make the skin more obviously matte, but shouldn't be as pronounced as the powder that tbleague uses.

78TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:22 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Thanks for the link, S. Might have to try that.

79TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:28 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sure, hope it helps. If you apply too much, you can remove some of it on the more visible areas of the 'skin' with a piece of tape (my trusty tamiya masking tape that i use for everything lol).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum