OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:29 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Looks good. Is that one of the heads I had made? I can’t remember anymore. Looks like maybe the powder could be brushed in with a makeup brush so it’s less noticeable; or I wonder if using a brown powder wouldn’t be as noticeable.
I thought this is familiar, looking forward to painting this head. And yes on both counts about the powder.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

77TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:00 pm

skywalkersaga

This is what I use on my tbleague bodies:

https://www.lookfantastic.com/nyx-professional-makeup-studio-finishing-powder-translucent-finish/11530553.html

It may still show up slightly in the sense that it will make the skin more obviously matte, but shouldn't be as pronounced as the powder that tbleague uses.

78TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:22 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Thanks for the link, S. Might have to try that.

79TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:28 pm

skywalkersaga

Sure, hope it helps. If you apply too much, you can remove some of it on the more visible areas of the 'skin' with a piece of tape (my trusty tamiya masking tape that i use for everything lol).

80TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's the same one I use. If in some places it is too thick, it can be rubbed in/thinned out with a make up brush.

81TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:15 am

Diana

Diana
Hah! I was just going to start the powder conversation but you're all ahead of me already. Smile

Yes, Mark, that's your head. Smile
Time to get painting!! bounce 

I will definitely want to try a transparent powder. I wouldn't use dark powder as I'd worry about the clothing. I intend to experiment with white or off-white fabrics.

82TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:48 am

madnug

madnug
It seems the Dark brown and Dark skin colors are too dark to use on any tan HS, was hopping it to be more reddish to yellow tone for the Dark Brown.

83TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:52 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Claymore wrote:TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 100_9610

I have 2 of these , think the dark skin will go with them ??
I have one too, and unfortunately it does not match either B ("dark brown") or C ("dark-skinned"). It is actually about halfway between the two. You would have also had to modify the neck hole to make it work with a TBLeague body. However, you could still repaint the head or recolor the body to make one match the other.

84TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
madnug wrote:It seems the Dark brown and Dark skin colors are too dark to use on any tan HS, was hopping it to be more reddish to yellow tone for the Dark Brown.

That seems to be correct, but the lighter color (B, dark brown) does match some heads pretty closely, including Hot Toys' Reva. I just posted some examples in Diana's female heads with bodies thread. For the darker color (C, dark-skinned), I had to paint some blank head sculpts to match. They would be perfect for Grace Jones from Conan the Barbarian, if only someone sold her head sculpt.

(Subsequent posts originally in this topic but dealing with the censorship of anatomically correct features has been split off as a separate post.)

85TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:44 am

Goddesswave

The dark-skinned "C" models almost look literally black! If anyone has a Bastet or Month figure, I would love to see a color comparison with the "C" models, as well as see if the dark "C" hands and feet match well on the Month and Bastet figures (though Bastet oddly uses small foot pegs). I also wonder how the dark "C" hands and feet color compare to the dark hands and feet color from Kier FSoD.

86TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:49 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Goddesswave wrote:The dark brown "C" models almost look literally black! If anyone has a Bastet or Month figure, I would love to see a color comparison with the "C" models, as well as see if the dark "C" hands and feet match well on the Month and Bastet figures (though Bastet oddly uses small foot pegs). I also wonder how the dark "C" hands and feet color compare to the dark hands and feet color from Kier FSoD.
I would have to dig them out for a proper comparison (I bought some loose), but I'm pretty sure the C skin tone is still a bit lighter and warmer than the virtually black skin tone that they had for their early pseudo-Egyptian god bodies.

87TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:24 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I painted two custom heads for someone without having the bodies in hand. Thanks to Ians thread. They are really dark, I wonder if we get another skin color in between B and C in the future. But the alphabeth has nothing left here. Laughing

88TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Goddesswave wrote:The dark-skinned "C" models almost look literally black! If anyone has a Bastet or Month figure, I would love to see a color comparison with the "C" models...

I don't seem to find the female (Bastet) body I picked up, but I found a reconstituted Anubis and a Horus or Osiris body I used for a custom character (work in progress) to compare with. I was under the impression that the earliest of these bodies were literally black and the later a bit more brown, but in fact they appear to be the same, a very very dark brown. The actual comparison to the C skintone on the newly released female bodies is less distinctive than I thought it would be, and the dusty effect of the protective powder might obscure some of the difference. All told, the C skintone appears slightly lighter and duller, but it is not very far removed from the others. Here are a couple of photos:

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Tblbcc10
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Tblbcc11

89TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:51 am

Goddesswave

GubernatorFan wrote:I don't seem to find the female (Bastet) body I picked up, but I found a reconstituted Anubis and a Horus or Osiris body I used for a custom character (work in progress) to compare with. I was under the impression that the earliest of these bodies were literally black and the later a bit more brown, but in fact they appear to be the same, a very very dark brown. The actual comparison to the C skintone on the newly released female bodies is less distinctive than I thought it would be, and the dusty effect of the protective powder might obscure some of the difference. All told, the C skintone appears slightly lighter and duller, but it is not very far removed from the others. Here are a couple of photos:

Thanks for putting together these photos, as they are quite enlightening (or endarkening, ha). These particular figures do seem to pair well altogether, like they're part of the same family.

I've been meaning to find or paint black human hands and feet for my Month figure. It appears that the hands and feet on this new dark-skinned model are a bit lighter and wouldn't quite match Month or Bastet (and even the Kier FSoD hands and feet aren't a matching black, but a dark reddish-brown).

After looking closer at the darker skin model numbers, they appear to have variations of letters from B-E, so I suppose we'll have to refer to them as "dark brown" and "dark-skinned" (or perhaps "DB" and "DS"), respectively, instead of just "C".

What I wish to see next is ROYGBIV colors, especially green. TBLeague/Phicen has already produced the green Osiris and Lei Zhenzi figures, and I truly feel they missed a great opportunity by not offering a green body for the Medusa release!

90TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:23 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
The dude with long pink hair is... impressive.

91TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:37 am

Diana

Diana
Great comparison pic, Ian, thank you! I also expected the difference to be a little more noticeable.

I actually didn't expect these bodies to be THIS dark. I might need to go hunt down a Crown Divinity body, because that shade is what I need for a certain character. The new lighter brown is too red for my needs, though it's great of course that it seems to match quite a few Hot Toys heads.

92TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:35 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Goddesswave wrote:Thanks for putting together these photos, as they are quite enlightening (or endarkening, ha). These particular figures do seem to pair well altogether, like they're part of the same family.

I've been meaning to find or paint black human hands and feet for my Month figure. It appears that the hands and feet on this new dark-skinned model are a bit lighter and wouldn't quite match Month or Bastet (and even the Kier FSoD hands and feet aren't a matching black, but a dark reddish-brown).

After looking closer at the darker skin model numbers, they appear to have variations of letters from B-E, so I suppose we'll have to refer to them as "dark brown" and "dark-skinned" (or perhaps "DB" and "DS"), respectively, instead of just "C".

What I wish to see next is ROYGBIV colors, especially green. TBLeague/Phicen has already produced the green Osiris and Lei Zhenzi figures, and I truly feel they missed a great opportunity by not offering a green body for the Medusa release!
You are very welcome. I wish I had found the Bastet (?) body I have somewhere, in which case I could put these new dark skinned (C) hands and feet on it and you can see better. If it turns up, I will update. The lettering depends on the original releases -- some of the early body model codes included C and D already, so there would be some inconsistency in the naming. I was referring to them as C, because that is how they were for the bodies I bought (S25C, S29C, being variations of S25B and S29B), along with the lighter "dark brown" ones (S24B, S28B, being variations of S24A and S8A).

Visisonor wrote:The dude with long pink hair is... impressive.
Thanks, Simon, still working on him. He is part of a larger group of characters for my makeshift Lady of the Lake "universe" (sounds so pretentious, no?).

Diana wrote:Great comparison pic, Ian, thank you! I also expected the difference to be a little more noticeable.

I actually didn't expect these bodies to be THIS dark. I might need to go hunt down a Crown Divinity body, because that shade is what I need for a certain character. The new lighter brown is too red for my needs, though it's great of course that it seems to match quite a few Hot Toys heads.
Thank you very much, Diana. Yes, I was surprised -- just after I had written off these bodies as being yet another color, they are actually pretty close. Of course, skintone is more of a gradient between individuals, so that is no problem unless one wants to avoid repainting the harder plastic bits and pieces.

Well, the lighter "dark brown" bodies (coded B in the samples I purchased) are not that dark and do match a few heads out there (still looking for some of my missing ones). But I do like the Radiant Crown Divinity and Hatshepsut bodies (which are one and the same), and now have two of them. With the release of Hatshepsut, your chances of getting these increase. Note that Radiant Crown Divinity came with bare feet and Hatshepsut with sandaled feet. The hands are the same between the two, except that RCD has red nail polish and H has orange nail polish.

93TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:04 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Ha, I remember that founding fathers can can assign names, but why Simon?  lol!
I guess "Visisonor" and "Valiarde" looks visually similar...

94TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:Ha, I remember that founding fathers can can assign names, but why Simon?  lol!
I guess "Visisonor" and "Valiarde" looks visually similar...
Oh, yes, exactly, LOL. Well, sometimes we have to use our imagination and initiative! Sorry about that.

95TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:39 pm

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:But I do like the Radiant Crown Divinity and Hatshepsut bodies (which are one and the same), and now have two of them. With the release of Hatshepsut, your chances of getting these increase. Note that Radiant Crown Divinity came with bare feet and Hatshepsut with sandaled feet. The hands are the same between the two, except that RCD has red nail polish and H has orange nail polish.

Ahh! Very valuable information. Thank you for the pointer! I love you

96TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:But I do like the Radiant Crown Divinity and Hatshepsut bodies (which are one and the same), and now have two of them. With the release of Hatshepsut, your chances of getting these increase. Note that Radiant Crown Divinity came with bare feet and Hatshepsut with sandaled feet. The hands are the same between the two, except that RCD has red nail polish and H has orange nail polish.

Ahh! Very valuable information. Thank you for the pointer! I love you
You are very welcome! It goes without saying, but both RCD and H have alternative darker and lighter versions and we're only talking about the darker ones.

97TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I painted two custom heads for someone without having the bodies in hand. Thanks to Ians thread. They are really dark, I wonder if we get another skin color in between B and C in the future. But the alphabeth has nothing left here. Laughing
Thanks, Simon, I'm glad it was helpful. I posted another approximate head match in Diana's heads with bodies thread, for the lighter "dark brown" color of an S24B.

98TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:18 pm

Grover

Grover
Here's the S27c next to the Month body.  Slightly lighter color TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 20240315

99TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Grover wrote:Here's the S27c next to the Month body.  Slightly lighter color
That is my impression, too, but sometimes I wonder if I'm not over-interpreting the difference and if they're not essentially the same.

100TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:30 pm

Grover

Grover
I think it's close enough that the head still looks decent.

101TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:55 pm

Grover

Grover
S24b next to an integrity toys in the FR black color.
I'll keep trying to paint the sculpt on the S24bTBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 20240320

102TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:15 am

Grover

Grover
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 20240410
I'm pleased with how the painting of the head sculpts turned out. The eyes could be better.

103TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:08 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You'll find that you feel eyes could always be better, as you paint more of them. I certainly do, and am not the only one. From what I can see, it turned out great.

104TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:38 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Looks really good to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 4 1f10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum