OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Dave, but you have always had this avatar. Craig changed his a couple of times.
Also, the bodies are technically up for pre-order, not quite immediate order.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

gooboo -- I am also relieved I won't have to try to track down parted out bodies to get one of these.

Not gonna lie, Tbleague has been really boring to me in recent times. Always the same old, same old. But this has just injected a lot more variety into the mix, which gets my interest again.

davidd

GubernatorFan wrote:Dave, but you have always had this avatar. Craig changed his a couple of times.
Also, the bodies are technically up for pre-order, not quite immediate order.

Yes, I've used the same avatar on online toy and figure forums since... errrmmm... has it really been that long Embarassed ... around 2005.

Good point about the bodies not actually being available yet. Estimated release date is soonish - November 2023. But there are estimated released dates and then there's reality.

I'm curious to see what availability for all TBLeague products is like after they release the new colors. Have they upgraded their production lines to keep up with higher demand and a wider product variety? Or will scarcity kick in for various sizes and shades? For the most part, most versions of TBLeague bodies have been consistently available through Giantoy (not so consistently through BBTS). I hope the expanded product line does not negatively impact consistent availability.

gooboo

TBLeague has been pretty quick about getting their new products out recently. I haven't ordered a new set from them in awhile but I remember the Ghost Soldier set was announced and then released only a few months later.

Really the only thing they need to do here is mix in some dye with their TPE- they already have developed the armatures and the molds for the bodies, which makes how long it took for them to actually do this even more ridiculous.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I really appreciate TBL's new offerings, but I just want them to offer their old original SUNTAN.

Fingers crossed that the dark brown are paler in hand & close to their original SUNTAN but I guess it's more likely to be the body of the TBL Hindu goddess.

I want to get the dark brown S22B for a JLA Vixen bash, problem is finding a short-haired dark-skinned head.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
rollotomasi wrote:I really appreciate TBL's new offerings, but I just want them to offer their old original SUNTAN.
I want the to offer their tan color, which they used when they started. Which was more of a pinkish brown color or is that what you meant?.

The suntan IMO is a very poor choice of coloring, it's a bit greyish pale, not suntan at all.

Nevertheless, the new colors look nice. I'm sure heads for it will start to pop up.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Yes you're right, the pinkish brown darker original Suntans they offered when they started.
Or basically I just want the skintone of the TBL males.

I only got an S09 (w/ head) and the 1st gen S12D (factory-defective left wrist) both original suntans.

I should've bought more but I was skeptical of Phicen that time since my supplier had the plastic-skeleton ones with joints that broke easily.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes matching headsculpts are the least of my concern, really. I only use Tbleague bodies for custom figures anyway, so having to repaint or touch-up a headsculpt to match a body is just part and parcel of this hobby for me.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well.  Smile

I've had to take an emergency time-out from the hobby/vocation/obsession recently, but I've kept my eye on things and saw these up at GianToy this morning, and of course I thought of you guys. Very Happy

My thoughts:

1: FINALLY.

2: I imagine a lot of people are going to be cancelling their 'Hatshepsut' pre-orders now. Laughing

3: Looks like TBL are admitting defeat with regard to being capable of producing authentic ethnically-diverse head sculpts for these, and so not even bothering to offer any. Their Hatshepsut and Radiant Crown Divinity sculpts are quite honestly insulting at best (not surprising, as whoever is cut 'n' pasting their sculpt designs at the moment clearly has either no knowledge of ethnic diversity or no intent to accurately depict it - even their Generic Nordic Blondes are looking decidedly Sino-Asian recently).

We'll just have to hope that some of the other companies step up. As it is I have a Spiderman MJ sculpt and a Tessa Thompson sculpt that will hopefully match the lighter of these options. The darker bodies may prove more problematic (I can only think of ThreeZero's Michonne that might match those, off the top of my, uh, head).

4: Shame that while it's very nice that they're offering every body type in these colours, they still haven't upgraded the earlier bodies with a detachable feet option. I'd like a couple of these equivalent to an S07/S09, but not until they fix those feet.

5: Hopefully these will sell and become a fixture, because I won't be able to afford any until probably next year, now. Neutral  

First purchase of 2024, fingers crossed.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:TBLeague has been pretty quick about getting their new products out recently. I haven't ordered a new set from them in awhile but I remember the Ghost Soldier set was announced and then released only a few months later.

(White) Ghost Soldier was the point where I finally gave myself the good talking to I needed, that resulted in the realisation that I really do not need so many lazily-thrown together TBL sets. So it was good for that at least.

gooboo wrote:Really the only thing they need to do here is mix in some dye with their TPE- they already have developed the armatures and the molds for the bodies, which makes how long it took for them to actually do this even more ridiculous.

Yep.

Still want (at least) the S04/06 and S07/09 updating, and a new more realistic female muscle body (even if it's only another tweak on the 22/23).

We now need some darker AA male skintones (that aren't basketball players), but seeing as TBL seem to have lost interest in producing new male bodies altogether we probably shouldn't hold our breath (hopefully at least their tweaked M35 AA 'boxer body' might become available loose some day).

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The what-I-assume-is-new 'pale' looks more 'fleshy-pinkish' again, which is nice. The more recent 'pale' has been far too 'ghostly-white' for my liking.

But, as ever, we'll only see how they actually look in person.

BTW (yeah I'm on a roll today) the thing I've always found with the 'grey' suntan is that it seems to be designed to be photographed (where the tone always looks more lifelike whatever the lighting) rather than to be seen with the naked eye.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:I just realized, for most people they will probably have difficulty finding matching headsculpts for the brown/dark brown skinned bodies. Hopefully TBLeague makes some more headsculpts to match these new bodies soon.

I would like to mention that I sell some black/african american headsculpts on ebay, however they are unpainted so you will have to paint them yourself, or hire someone to do it for you.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/georgedwilliams

I'd noticed them on ebay already - they're beautifully-done and I would be all over them if only they were ready-painted, for example to the same standard as in your listing. Do you do that yourself? If not have you considered sub-contracting the work so you can sell them as 'finished'?

I think there could soon be enough demand to make it worth it.

gooboo

I actually had the same realization with my Ghost Soldier set, and I ended up selling it on ebay. That's the last TBLeague set I've bought, none of the recent ones have changed my mind at all.

My experience selling older custom painted heads on ebay and elsewhere is that it isn't worth the time. Unless you're doing a headsculpt of an actor/actress from a popular franchise, people don't care about custom/original sculpts and characters. None of the older painted or haired items I sold on ebay would have actually turned a profit if that's what I was concerned about. People on ebay aren't looking to spend hundreds of dollars on customs, in my experience, they're going to ebay looking for a deal.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
gooboo wrote:I actually had the same realization with my Ghost Soldier set, and I ended up selling it on ebay. That's the last TBLeague set I've bought, none of the recent ones have changed my mind at all.

My experience selling older custom painted heads on ebay and elsewhere is that it isn't worth the time. Unless you're doing a headsculpt of an actor/actress from a popular franchise, people don't care about custom/original sculpts and characters. None of the older painted or haired items I sold on ebay would have actually turned a profit if that's what I was concerned about. People on ebay aren't looking to spend hundreds of dollars on customs, in my experience, they're going to ebay looking for a deal.

That was my experience trying to sell some figures I customised on ebay as well. It's just not worth it, no one wants to pay what they are worth.

Literally the only thing I've had consistent success with selling on ebay is Hot Toys (full boxed figures or parted out pieces, but either way.... that's all that ebay users seem willing to spend more money on).

And as for the topic at hand, yeah, I am skeptical about tbleague actually putting out any decent headsculpts to match the darker bodies, but that's ok with me. I'd rather just source my own.

Claymore

Claymore
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 2 100_9610

I have 2 of these , think the dark skin will go with them ??

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Claymore wrote:I have 2 of these , think the dark skin will go with them ??
I have this one too. We'll have to wait and see.

Titan

Titan
Wow!! My days of dyeing bodies is finally over!

GeeWillikers you are so correct with this statement:

1: FINALLY.  2: I imagine a lot of people are going to be cancelling their 'Hatshepsut' pre-orders now.

I hope more dark hued head sculpts are produced by companies that know what they are doing . . . but if not I will continue being creative. Here are a few examples:

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 2 3UNSPw

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 2 MbH7wy

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 2 Pi983T

Valiarde

Valiarde
These heads looking great

Diana

Diana
A little later to the party and all has been said but: YAY!! Very Happy

Will definitely order more than one just to show support.

And I'm looking forward to seeing what this will do with the head sculpt releases in the future.

AND how this may affect future base body releases, particularly as to whether they will continue releasing them with (optional) heads.

EXCITING!  Very Happy

Ovy

Ovy
"How do they always say in the forums? 'Finally'?"
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 2 IMG-20230925-142033-2

"That's the phrase. Finally."
TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 2 IMG-20230925-142112-2

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Titan -- WOW I love those. Gorgeous figures!

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
these look fantastic, but I don't really have any dark skinned heads. hopefully darker skinned heads quickly come out, and then I can finally have representation. I've especially wanted to make a Latina cop, since LAPD has a large number of Latin officers. these will also be great for nurses and whatnot. thankfully TBL is pushing forward.

Valiarde

Valiarde
More great heads, Ovy Smile

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Late to the party. But WOOHOO!!! It's about damn time. I wonder if the "dark brown" is going to end up being the "Original Suntan" that vanished a few years back...? If so, that's going to save me a ton of work trying to darken these figures.

Now if we could just get a few "alien" colors - blue, green, red, orange, purple (that sort of thing).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague: New skin color variations!!! - Page 2 1f10

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I know this has probably been asked & answered, but If I wanted to make as close of an approximation to Carrie Fisher for an updated Slave Leia (including smaller bust size), which body would you recommend? I'm looking at getting one of the new Dark Brown bodies hoping it matches the HT head sculpt skin tone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great heads, Titan and Ovy.
Mark, I used the S25B; I know, we talked about it and the narrow shoulders, but I still think it is the closest match, especially height-wise.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5720-towards-a-definitive-huttslayer-leia-updated-with-part-v

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Ah, yes. Is there a similar body with a smaller bust than that? I’m so out of touch with all this stuff at the moment.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Mark, the only way I can approximate a smaller bust size for that particular body is to literally give her a bust reduction. I've done that with a couple of my Padme figures. But it only works if the top or 'bra' piece is tight enough to hold the bust back into place (since I never could find a glue that worked for that purpose).

Now, there is a fairly new-ish Jiaou body mentioned recently that was a lot more petite than Jiaou's usual bodies, which had a smaller bust. The only downside was that the arm and shoulder area were not very muscularly defined (compared to the tbleague bodies). If you look in Randam's photo thread you will find it there.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Mark, the only way I can approximate a smaller bust size for that particular body is to literally give her a bust reduction. I've done that with a couple of my Padme figures. But it only works if the top or 'bra' piece is tight enough to hold the bust back into place (since I never could find a glue that worked for that purpose).

Now, there is a fairly new-ish Jiaou body mentioned recently that was a lot more petite than Jiaou's usual bodies, which had a smaller bust. The only downside was that the arm and shoulder area were not very muscularly defined (compared to the tbleague bodies). If you look in Randam's photo thread you will find it there.
I got that Jiaou body, too, gotto take it out of the box and look again. I'm not sure it would be appropriate for Leia.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum