OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 19]

351Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun May 26, 2024 1:58 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Cool bunker. Now you need to upscale that for 1/6!

352Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon May 27, 2024 2:45 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
That's a nice one. I picked one up as well, but haven't done anything with it other than put it together. I love the little scene you've created, complete with the news crew. Or is it flim crew...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

353Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon May 27, 2024 7:09 am

Urushi

@valentin Sweet ! All you need now is that Georges Lucas fig to complete the scene Smile

https://www.amazon.fr/Star-Wars-Stormtrooper-6-Inch-Scale-F5373/dp/B094184VQJ

354Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed May 29, 2024 3:27 am

collectorofmany

My Jaxon Xu Custom Cape E arrived today from OSK! My first Jaxon product and I was highly impressed just simply handling the product out of the bag. It’s very nicely constructed and FAR superior in terms of draping compared to the stock cape.

Here’s hoping Hot Toys addresses the 1989 2.0 cape, otherwise I’ll be ordering a second one.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Img_3612

355Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed May 29, 2024 4:03 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
It's a very nice piece!

356Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed May 29, 2024 7:27 am

Diana

Diana
That cape does indeed look great! Good choice! Smile

357Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed May 29, 2024 8:54 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Congrats on the cape! Looks dope

358Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu May 30, 2024 2:55 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice upgrade on the cape. I did that to my Man of Steel Superman.

359Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu May 30, 2024 5:43 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Those capes are great. I have one for the same figure as you, and I already have a 89 2.0 cape for when that arrives.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 1f10

360Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:48 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Dsc00810
LOADING: Image(s)

Yan Toys - A Clockwork Orange - Alex 1/6th scale figure

This arrived yesterday. I just took the photo you see above.
Alex represents my 1st Yan Toys figure to add to the collection.

Over all i am very happy with the figure.
The box, thick card, sponge filled, feels like quality. Good start to the boxing opening Smile
The base amounts to solid square of actual wood.
Included is a brass/gold colored metal name plaque that is felt backed, that can be placed on the base.
The figure has some weight to it, and feels like quality.
The outfit looks really nice.
The various accessories (i am being lazy not to list them all) look great! ..special mention to the 'phallus' which appers to be made from clay with a glazed white finished, just like the phallus in the movie. I has some weight to it. Impressed!

The only negative, are the boots, which are black plastic, with laces sculpted in.
Proper black leather boots with laces would have been better. It is no big deal Smile

All in all, i am super happy to add Alex to the collection Smile

-

..maybe, it might be worth looking into sourcing some replacement boots?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

361Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:03 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
collectorofmany wrote:My Jaxon Xu Custom Cape E arrived today from OSK! My first Jaxon product and I was highly impressed just simply handling the product out of the bag. It’s very nicely constructed and FAR superior in terms of draping compared to the stock cape.

Here’s hoping Hot Toys addresses the 1989 2.0 cape, otherwise I’ll be ordering a second one.

Congrats on the cape!

That Cat Woman figure caught my eye (who made it?) I guess shows it is possible to make a shiny Catwoman outfit.
I was always under the impression Hot Toys failed to release a Pfeiffer Catwoman as they possibly struggled to work out how to create a shiny black outfit that was up to Hot Toys usual high standards.

Within the last week news has dropped that 3 companies are offering a Pfeiffer Catwoman:
Jazz Inc.
Mars Toys
Eternal Toys

The Jazz Inc. figure is fully licensed. I have no idea about the other two.
Not seen anything from Mars Toys. The Eternal Toys Catwoman looks on the rough side.

Question is, will Hot Toys feel the need to get back in the Catwoman game?

362Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:32 am

Tasuke

Tasuke
AZONE 45/50cm. Japanese Miko (Shrine Maiden) Outfit Set for my very first 1/4 Big Girl, ♥Yuna♥

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 10719289a

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 10168097a

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 10663204a

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Miko_Zori_5-31-24_4

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Miko_of_Hie_Shrine_(1)

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Yuna_6-1-24_RESIZE_50

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 _Yuna_Kagurazaka_5-31-24_RESIZE_50_hCp43Yy5EDXUgCWKfpcPki

363Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:05 pm

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the Jaxon cape!

ukshaun wrote:Congrats on the cape!

That Cat Woman figure caught my eye (who made it?) I guess shows it is possible to make a shiny Catwoman outfit.
I was always under the impression Hot Toys failed to release a Pfeiffer Catwoman as they possibly struggled to work out how to create a shiny black outfit that was up to Hot Toys usual high standards.

Within the last week news has dropped that 3 companies are offering a Pfeiffer Catwoman:
Jazz Inc.
Mars Toys
Eternal Toys

Not seen anything from Mars Toys. The Eternal Toys Catwoman looks on the rough side.

Yeah, my current Catwoman figure was picked up from Black Ops Toys a couple years ago as new old stock from like a decade back. It’s non-branded and was labeled as “Custom Hand Made Cat Lady Figure” which was the best version of the character I could find at the time.

I’ve had my eye on the Mars Toys version while being hit by their never ending teases when the Eternal version was announced. My initial thought was to order both the Mars and Eternal version and kitbash those with what I currently have for the ultimate figure. However, as soon as Jazzinc announced they were working on one, that’s likely the route I will end up going.

I’m sure Hot Toys is only a matter of weeks or months from announcing their own variant. Afterall, Jazzinc is looking at cutting into Hot Toys even more now that they’re starting to produce officially licensed figures. What a time to be a collector!

364Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:17 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
collectorofmany wrote:Thanks everyone for the compliments on the Jaxon cape!

ukshaun wrote:Congrats on the cape!

Jazz Inc.
Mars Toys
Eternal Toys

Yeah, my current Catwoman figure was picked up from Black Ops Toys a couple years ago as new old stock from like a decade back. It’s non-branded and was labeled as “Custom Hand Made Cat Lady Figure” which was the best version of the character I could find at the time.

I’ve had my eye on the Mars Toys version while being hit by their never ending teases when the Eternal version was announced. My initial thought was to order both the Mars and Eternal version and kitbash those with what I currently have for the ultimate figure. However, as soon as Jazzinc announced they were working on one, that’s likely the route I will end up going.

I’m sure Hot Toys is only a matter of weeks or months from announcing their own variant. Afterall, Jazzinc is looking at cutting into Hot Toys even more now that they’re starting to produce officially licensed figures. What a time to be a collector!

The thing is, Jazz Inc. are 'not' looking to 'cut' into Hot Toys. This was stated during a recent live chat.
Jazz Inc. want to offer characters that will sell in small numbers compared to the 1000's of figures Hot Toys produce for a single figure. Jazz Inc. want to obtain the type of licenses Hot Toys have no interest in. Batman & Robin - Poison Ivy (Uma Thurman) being a prime example of what could happen in the future.

Starting with Catwoman, Jazz Inc. might be in for a shock as to the demand for such a character ;D

365Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:30 pm

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
ukshaun wrote:The thing is, Jazz Inc. are 'not' looking to 'cut' into Hot Toys. This was stated during a recent live chat.
Jazz Inc. want to offer characters that will sell in small numbers compared to the 1000's of figures Hot Toys produce for a single figure. Jazz Inc. want to obtain the type of licenses Hot Toys have no interest in. Batman & Robin - Poison Ivy (Uma Thurman) being a prime example of what could happen in the future.

Starting with Catwoman, Jazz Inc. might be in for a shock as to the demand for such a character ;D

I get that, and I suppose I mis-spoke. I don’t think Jazzinc is looking to cut into Hot Toys figure sales, as like you stated Jazzinc is only looking at doing the characters that Hot Toys has no intention of making. I also meant “cutting into” mostly in regards to vehicles, which are still very small numbers by comparison to Hot Toys.

But I couldn’t just see Hot Toys sitting idly by while another first-party licensed company goes after a key character from a movie they themselves have already produced licensed figures from. Then again it has been well over a decade since HT made anything from Batman Returns, but I could see Howard teasing a Catwoman figure just out of spite. That is, if HT even still has a license to produce this.

It’s all very interesting and my personal opinion is, the more the merrier! So licensed or unlicensed, bring it on!!

366Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:41 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
collectorofmany wrote:
ukshaun wrote:The thing is, Jazz Inc. are 'not' looking to 'cut' into Hot Toys. This was stated during a recent live chat.

I get that, and I suppose I mis-spoke. I don’t think Jazzinc is looking to cut into Hot Toys figure sales, as like you stated Jazzinc is only looking at doing the characters that Hot Toys has no intention of making. I also meant “cutting into” mostly in regards to vehicles, which are still very small numbers by comparison to Hot Toys.

But I couldn’t just see Hot Toys sitting idly by while another first-party licensed company goes after a key character from a movie they themselves have already produced licensed figures from. Then again it has been well over a decade since HT made anything from Batman Returns, but I could see Howard teasing a Catwoman figure just out of spite. That is, if HT even still has a license to produce this.

It’s all very interesting and my personal opinion is, the more the merrier! So licensed or unlicensed, bring it on!!

It is. Like you said, bring it on!! Very Happy
It will be interesting to see all the 1/6th Pfeiffer Catwoman figures. Part of me thinks Jazz Inc. have a point to prove, and want to smash it out the ballpark. Mars Toys might surprise collectors with their effort. The other compant (who's name i forget) is an easy pass. If Hot Toys show up to the party, then excellent!

367Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:08 pm

Tasuke

Tasuke
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Yuna_6-4-24_RESIZE_50

368Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:11 pm

Zes

Zes
My opinion on this is that Hot Toys want to remain the big dogs. They dislike competition, and I have a feeling they'll announce their own Catwoman soon.

I don't mind, as competition is great for us 1/6-figure collectors. The whole reason we got Artisan editions was because Hot Toys was sore about InArt stealing their customers...

Also, Tasuke, I like that Miko outfit. I've also been buying up 1/6-scale Miko outfits for a future custom.

369Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:24 pm

Tasuke

Tasuke
Zes wrote:Also, Tasuke, I like that Miko outfit. I've also been buying up 1/6-scale Miko outfits for a future custom.

Yeah; and here i had just finished putting together what i had figured would be the Perfect Anime Miko for myself in Sixth-Scale... just a couple of months ago.

And Then; -around mid/late last month- the world of Third/Fourth-Scale just unexpectedly begins to open up for me; right straight out of the clear-'ole blue.

Go Figure...

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Sasami_5-16-24_RESIZE_40

370Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:11 pm

Zes

Zes
Tasuke wrote:
Zes wrote:Also, Tasuke, I like that Miko outfit. I've also been buying up 1/6-scale Miko outfits for a future custom.

Yeah; and here i had just finished putting together what i had figured would be the Perfect Anime Miko for myself in Sixth-Scale...  just a couple of months ago.

And Then; -around mid/late last month- the world of Third/Fourth-Scale just unexpectedly begins to open up for me; right straight out of the clear-'ole blue.

Go Figure...

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Sasami_5-16-24_RESIZE_40

I'm not the biggest fan of 1/4 or 1/3 articulated figures but your 1/6 miko looks great! Is that an Azone outfit?

371Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:43 pm

Tasuke

Tasuke
A Heavily-Reworked Hybrid. the top half from this;

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Miko_of_Hie_Shrine_16

and the bottom half from this;

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Sakura_Shinguji_for_Shao_11-18-23_3

both of those items were blind shots in the dark that initially proved disappointing.

combine both of them together, with a little of my own ingenuity with the Thread and Needle... and ♥Miko Sasami♥ was the result~

372Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:23 pm

Zes

Zes
Very cool! I'll be doing a bit of kitbashing on my 1/6 Miko as well. It'll be posted in my customs thread eventually. I'll be making this character:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 De6jw410

To get back on topic, I picked up another one of these guys:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Img_7711

373Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:04 pm

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
Zes wrote:

To get back on topic, I picked up another one of these guys:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Img_7711

Wow! The two look great together! Now you already have 2 and I don't have my first one yet.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Banner_andreas_haak11

374Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Troopers should always come in (at least) a pair, if possible. So, well done.

375Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:33 pm

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
I bought the Ujindou Afghanistan 1988 - Soviet Airborne Forces and that figure will arrive tomorrow if all goes well. Just no idea what to do with it yet

376Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:29 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Oh yeah, I also try to get army-builder type characters in pairs. But all my army-builder figures are 1/12 scale.

On the subject of 1/6, I decided to not wait for 5 years and get this headsculpt now while it is still obtainable:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Cnr_7636
VeryCool VCF-2037A (Jenner)

377Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:14 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Probably a smart choice, not waiting.

378Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:25 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking pick ups guys!

379Your Latest Purchase... - Page 15 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:40 am

Zes

Zes
Darth_Hogge wrote:
Wow! The two look great together! Now you already have 2 and I don't have my first one yet.

Ha yeah, Sideshow shipping takes forever. I noticed that the Hot Toys Black Suit Spiderman was just released, but my Sideshow order will probably ship months later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum