OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 19]

426Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:25 pm

Darth_Hogge

Not my genre but it looks great and fascinating. Nice eyes.

427Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:11 pm

BAMComix

Loved the game, and that figure looks terrific!

428Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:38 pm

madnug

its from a video game character which the actual alice in wonderland was inspired, but with an alternate darker theme like.

it has Tim Burtons vibe of works like sucker punch, batman michael keaton.

but the HS likeness is way off from the game character

429Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:23 am

French

I know the world of Alice, the two books by Lewis Caroll, the Disney adaptation and the two films by Tim Burton.
I don't know that one. But it seems to me to be from a dark and horrifying world.
Normally it's a children's book, so this adaptation is quite far from the original, but it's not bad. A dark gothic look

430Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:34 am

Triniarin

Triniarin
Thats from game, American McGee Alice (actually from sequel of that game, Alice Madness Returns, i guess)

431Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:45 am

Zes

Zes
Yep, American McGee's Alice and Alice: Madness Returns are great games. I highly recommend them to fans of hack-and-slash and/or gothic horror. The story is also quite immersive. While the third game, Alice:Asylum was never made, there is a complete design "bible" out there, so the trilogy, in terms of story and lore, is more or less complete.

madnug wrote:its from a video game character which the actual alice in wonderland was inspired, but with an alternate darker theme like.

it has Tim Burtons vibe of works like sucker punch, batman michael keaton.

but the HS likeness is way off from the game character

I like the compromise Longshan made with the head sculpt and figure as a whole. If they had leaned 100% toward the stylized look of the game, I probably would not have gotten the figure. I think she would look way too cartoonish.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Alice-Madness-Returns-1280x720-1

That said, I do acknowledge the complaints people had with the figure when she was first released, especially in those video reviews. I am curious to see how the 2.0 head sculpt turns out.

432Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:55 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Hey, if you like her, thats all that matters my friend. I like her!

433Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:00 pm

madnug

madnug
its still a good representation of the character overall, the costume could be better and puffier of the arm sleeve and skirt area.

They could include 2 headsculpt, 1 for game accurate and the one they produce..

she does have other oufits which is great in the game, i guess not many 3rd party are willing to do characters from not so many fan based for sales purposes.

thers some 3rd party company that makes good headsculpt likeness of movie or video game characters, like Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption Alita battle angle to name a few..

434Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:40 pm

Zes

Zes
BAMComix wrote:Hey, if you like her, thats all that matters my friend. I like her!

True, yeah, that's all that matters, I suppose. Thanks!

One issue with this figure is that I can't decide how I should pose her  Laughing  I was thinking the classic pose with the Vorpal Blade would be a no-brainer, but this Hobby Horse is starting to look pretty nice...
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Img_7814

no flash:

It's going to be tough when all those new accessories arrive with the 2.0.

435Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:19 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
I can't help it, I think she's really cool Razz .

436Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:30 am

French

French
It's not just the head that isn't respected. The shape of her body, with more chest and her clothes became shorter, with a neckline.

437Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:33 pm

valentin

valentin
Let's see.... The moisture vaporator is new.... well, as new as the roll of filament that just arrived at my doorstep 12hrs 18min ago (exact print time).

Let's see if I can do it in 1/6

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Photo_69

438Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:35 pm

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
Nice Accessoire!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Banner_andreas_haak11

439Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:30 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great job, valentin.

440Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:47 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s really cool.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 1f10

441Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:08 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
That is really cool!

442Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:28 am

valentin

valentin
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Photo_70

A true 1/6 moisture vaporator, almost fully finished except for 5 more pieces of greeblies still on the neptune 3 plus printer in the background (2hrs and 18 minutes more to go)

With RE4 Ada Wong by Master Team for scaling, and 2 black series (1/12) moisture vaporators (1 assembled, and another in pieces in the foreground.)

When I was assembling it... it hit me right in the gut in the exact same star wars way...
"I have a bad feeling about this..."

This is abit too darn huge. bom

443Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:47 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice, Valentin!
That's exactly how I feel when printing stuff in 1/6 scale. The size looks manageable on the screen, but it is damn huge when printed. Smile

444Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:41 am

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Well, not necessarily a new purchase (preordered February 2023) but this finally arrived today…

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Img_3810
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Img_3813
Mars Toys “King of Enigma”

While this figure and movie may not appeal to some/most, as a going on 12 year old at release, I enjoyed it as a satisfying successor to the Burtonverse. I can’t say the same for its sequel, nonetheless Riddler is here to join the party.

Here he is displayed with some of his accessories…
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Img_1311

I’m satisfied as usual with this Mars Toys release!

445Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:04 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice addition and well worth the wait?

446Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:25 am

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
BAMComix wrote:Nice addition and well worth the wait?

Absolutely. Overall, I haven’t had any major complaints on any of the Mars Toys Batman figures I’ve secured. I love the accessories they include, giving a multitude of display options.

447Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:28 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
collectorofmany wrote:
BAMComix wrote:Nice addition and well worth the wait?

Absolutely. Overall, I haven’t had any major complaints on any of the Mars Toys Batman figures I’ve secured. I love the accessories they include, giving a multitude of display options.

That's awesome! You probably have the most impressive Batman collection in 1/6 I've seen. Keep up the great work!

448Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:37 am

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
BAMComix wrote:
That's awesome! You probably have the most impressive Batman collection in 1/6 I've seen. Keep up the great work!

Thank you! I do appreciate that, but I’ve seen some crazy impressive 1:6 Batman collections. There’s one I saw on social media that had a whole diorama of the batcave, from MULTIPLE Batman films. Their 95 Batmobile was mounted on the wall and simulated it driving up the alleyway just like in the film, fire escape and all!

449Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:42 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
collectorofmany wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

Thank you! I do appreciate that, but I’ve seen some crazy impressive 1:6 Batman collections. There’s one I saw on social media that had a whole diorama of the batcave, from MULTIPLE Batman films. Their 95 Batmobile was mounted on the wall and simulated it driving up the alleyway just like in the film, fire escape and all!

I must admit, I haven't seen that one, but it sounds really cool!

450Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:08 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Whoah! That 1/6 scale moisture vaporator is awesome. 

Not my thing, but glad your happy with that Riddler, collectorofmany.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

451Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:48 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Great effort!
Where his legs lighter green than his jacket/hat. I have no idea?
I prefer the portrait without the tongue.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

452Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:38 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
These arrived today:

Hot Toys Padme Amadala 
Kaustic Plastik Deluxe Terrence Hill & two of the dioramas.

I threw my back out so I’m not able to mess with them much.

453Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:34 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Congrats on picking up Padme Amadala
To be honest, i know nothing about Terrence Hill, other than he looks like cowboy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

454Your Latest Purchase... - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:37 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry about your back, Stryker. Glad your Padme arrived though!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum