OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 19]

401Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:39 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Looks like a pretty nice body. How’s the articulation?

402Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:55 pm

madnug

I Got it since ANT body has copper suntan which is more reddish tone and will fit with reddish tone HS like hottoys..

i havent pose it much, will update the articulation soon

403Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:57 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:'ANT' news to me!. Thanks!

They have been mentioned here before. And I did a review HERE.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

404Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:19 am

French

GubernatorFan wrote:

Thanks for the link and your test. It's a bit like a TB League

405Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:11 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
French wrote:Thanks for the link and your test. It's a bit like a TB League
You are very welcome. And yes, it's supposed to be comparable to TBLeague and Jiaou. And it comes close to their quality (just not quite the same), at a lower price.

406Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:01 pm

madnug

madnug
GubernatorFan wrote:

i've added some pics of the ANT YCL001 at the link review of GF Topic, can refer there for articulation and poses capability reference.

407Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:00 pm

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Last week, I was tagged in a Toy Anxiety post on Facebook that they were parting out a Mars Toys Alfred figure so I scooped up an extra body. They had already sold out of the head sculpt and glasses, so I picked up a pair of shiny dress shoes (and half socks) and formal shirt from their Mr W figure. I deduced that Mars uses the same shirt for both their Alfred and Bruce figures and the only difference in the shoes between the two is that Bruce’s shoes are shiny while Alfred’s are not. The idea here was to use the extra clothing provided with the Alfred figure over the new pieces I bought to have two Alfred’s. The original plan was to buy a head sculpt/glasses in addition to what I bought to make two distinct figures. For the time being, I can just swap the head over for a different look. I’ll also need to look for his vest as they only included one in the box and that’s the only piece missing from the ‘second’ figure.

The new pieces bought to create a second Alfred.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Img_3713

After swapping the shiny shoes to the “more formal” Alfred, next to the body/shirt I bought and the originals extra clothing.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Img_3712
The pitcher and cup were long bought on eBay.

And the heads swapped out…
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Img_3711

Now the hunt for a second sculpt, glasses and vest…

408Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely done, Steven, so far I've only picked up the head and the coat with coattails.

409Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:36 pm

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:Nicely done, Steven, so far I've only picked up the head and the coat with coattails.

I presume from TA? I’ve been trying to keep an eye out on other partout sites but haven’t found anyone else who’s broken him apart yet.

410Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Nicely done, Steven, so far I've only picked up the head and the coat with coattails.

I presume from TA? I’ve been trying to keep an eye out on other partout sites but haven’t found anyone else who’s broken him apart yet.
Yes indeed.

411Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:23 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
The headless butler filling up a glass of water is quite uncannily terrifying...

412Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:22 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Visisonor wrote:The headless butler filling up a glass of water is quite uncannily terrifying...

lol! I agree! Really nice figures though. Thanks for sharing!

413Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:42 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Dsc00813
Flash 'on'.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Dsc00812
'no' Flash.

Three figures showed up today Smile

Hot Toys - Thor Ragnarok - Hela MMS449
Hot Toys - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 - Stan Lee MMS545
Iconiq Studio - SFV - Ken

Ken is the same great quality as Iconiq's Ryu figure. Large, heavy, has a certain unique quality to it. The feet and hands ar massive! In the box is a swap-out portrait and various swap-out hands.
The box is made from thick strong card. The Flash 'on' image shows up the plastic slip case that slides over the box.

I posted a photo of the figure here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6809-new-product-iconiq-studios-street-fighter-v-ken-masters-1-6-scale-action-figure#116302

Hela has been on my wants list for ages. Last week a deal came up!
Given the figure goes for way higher than retail, the price i paid amounts to:
Original Sideshow Collectibles retail price + Shipping US - UK + 30% Import + $60.00.
Given the figure was located in the UK, means zero import fee, free shipping. Sure i paid more, but no where near what some sellers are asking for Hela.
I took a look at Hela, and the figure looks excellent! like new! Smile

Stan Lee is a figure than was on the list:
1/6 Figures 'YOU' are contemplating purchasing ..but can not get down off the fence and dish out the credit card.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t8121-1-6-figures-you-are-contemplating-purchasing-but-can-not-get-down-off-the-fence-and-dish-out-the-credit-card#115960
Last week i spotted Stan Lee (orange space suit) on offer for the equivalent $192.00 USD with free shipping, and zero import fee as the figure was located in the UK. The price made up for paying what i did for Hot Toys - Hela Smile
The packaging was very different to my other Hot Toys figure, as can be seen in the photo above.
I have not removed Stan Lee from the box as of yet. I will do soon!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

414Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:23 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great arrivals Shaun!

415Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:28 am

Diana

Diana
What a nice Batman collection! I hope you'll find that second sculpt. Smile

Nice haul, Shaun! Ken looks great (in the other thread)!

416Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:27 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Excellent haul, Shaun. I hope you didn’t have to pay too much for Hela and Stan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 1f10

417Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:52 am

Urushi

Urushi
These two handsome not-so-gentlemen arrived in the mail this week. They are completing my collection of asian lone swordsmen and wandering heroes. At first I was supposed to stick to Japan, but I then I discovered the Water Margin book and TV series from the 90s, and fell totally in love with the characters. I had previously pre-ordered Lu Zhishen "the Flowery Monk" just because I thought he was really cool, just to find out later he was one of the major protagonists of the book. And I was like, ok he had to be mine, that's destiny !Very Happy
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Lu_zhi10

This Jiang Hu Ranger also falls into the outcast society. I love his simplicity, and he is highly poseable. He's not as handsome as the promo photos though.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Jiang_10

And here's my band of brothers so far. I need more Japanese dudes as Musashi is feeling a bit lonely.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Band_o10

418Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
But wasn't Musashi a bit of a loner? I actually have that figure (or some reconstituted version of it). Anyway, excellent additions to your group. Remember, you have to build up to 47 Ronin! And when you do that, you have to create a matching (or outmatching) force of shogunal and daimyo troops. Smile

419Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:27 pm

Urushi

Urushi
GubernatorFan wrote:Remember, you have to build up to 47 Ronin! And when you do that, you have to create a matching (or outmatching) force of shogunal and daimyo troops. Smile

HAH ! True ! Plus another 108 heroes from the Water Margin !! And finally finding that secret room in my appartment that I know exists (in my dreams), to put all these fellas.

Like says Hannibal Smith "I love it when a plan comes together !" Laughing

420Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:25 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
BAMComix wrote:Great arrivals Shaun!

I get a buzz out of new arrivals Very Happy

Diana wrote:Nice haul, Shaun! Ken looks great (in the other thread)!

Ken is equal to, if not better than Ryu. Ken's portrait turned out spot on!

Stryker2012 wrote:Excellent haul, Shaun. I hope you didn’t have to pay too much for Hela and Stan.

Hela was above retail, but not too much. It was used but 100% like new unposed, zero dust. Like new.
Stan Lee was $192.00 USD with free postage. As far as i am aware, that is a good price.

421Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:07 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 20240610
LOADING: Image(s)

SWTOYS FS047 1/6 Scale Ms. J

Arrived today Smile
Opinions and images can be found here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5162-new-product-swtoys-fs047-1-6-scale-ms-j#116446

422Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:22 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Really nice arrivals guys. I like the warrior figures a lot.

423Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:09 pm

Zes

Zes
I picked up the Longshan 1.0 Alice in anticipation of getting the recently announced 2.0 Alice, which features a new head sculpt and a slew of new accessories.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Img_7712

Out of the box, I noticed a glaring issue (or what I perceive to be an issue) in that there is a skintone mismatch between the head sculpt and the body. The body is your typical pale TBLeague body, while the head sculpt is more tan. It's hard to get a good photo of the difference in skin tone, but in person, it is more apparent.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Img_7713

Long story short, I decided to do a body swap. I believe Longshan used a TBLeague S36/S37 body, which is anime-styled and features a so-called "exaggerated" hourglass shape. In order to do a successful body swap, I would need to find a body with the correct skin tone to the head and one with a similar hourglass figure. Luckily, I had a spare Verycool VCD-01B body that fulfilled both of the aforementioned criteria.

I had to do a bit of finicking to get everything to fit properly since the Verycool VCD-01B is a bigger body than the TBLeague S36/S37 body. The stock boots were "peg-type," and since the stock TBLeague pegs were smaller than the Verycool pegs, I had to drill out and expand that foot peg. I also had to relace the boots since the new body had thicker legs and thighs. The stock boots would not fit as they were. I replaced the stock lacing with some elastic cord.

The stock TBLeague S36/S37 hands were too small and the Verycool VCD-01B hands were, honestly, pretty crappy. I replaced both of those with some extra Worldbox hands I had lying around. These Worldbox hands were a very close skin tone match to the Verycool body. Lastly, I had to replace the neck adapter on the head sculpt with one that fits the Verycool neck peg, and I had to adjust the magnets on the head sculpt as even the stock figure had an issue where the hair piece would fall off constantly due to loose magnets.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Img_7810
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Img_7811

This is a great figure, aside from the issue with the body. I picked up the Deluxe Edition, which also comes with the infamous Cheshire Cat, among other accessories.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Img_7812
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Img_7813

One issue with this body swap is that I lost some of the stylized proportions that were present with the stock figure, namely the giant head and thin body. The head is now more normal-sized on the Verycool body, and I think it was a good compromise as the Verycool body matches the head 100% and still has the stylized hourglass figure present in the TBLeague S36/S37.

Now I await the 2.0 figure to check out that new head sculpt and the cool new accessories.

Relevant links:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6253-new-product-longshanzhonggong-lszg2022-10-1-6-scale-madness-alice
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t7992-new-product-longshan-heavy-industry-1-6-alice-alice-crazy-return-2-0-lszg2024-03a-03b-03pj
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t7515-verycool-1-6-seamless-bodies-2-types-3-colors

424Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:28 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Not seen Alice before. The large than normal eye's are.. eye catching!

425Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:23 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Not bad. The eyes seem a bit bigger than the prototype.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 1f10

426Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:25 pm

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
Not my genre but it looks great and fascinating. Nice eyes.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Banner_andreas_haak11

427Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:11 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Loved the game, and that figure looks terrific!

428Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:38 pm

madnug

madnug
its from a video game character which the actual alice in wonderland was inspired, but with an alternate darker theme like.

it has Tim Burtons vibe of works like sucker punch, batman michael keaton.

but the HS likeness is way off from the game character

429Your Latest Purchase... - Page 17 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:23 am

French

French
I know the world of Alice, the two books by Lewis Caroll, the Disney adaptation and the two films by Tim Burton.
I don't know that one. But it seems to me to be from a dark and horrifying world.
Normally it's a children's book, so this adaptation is quite far from the original, but it's not bad. A dark gothic look

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum